kathy's closet? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-23-2003, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
does anybody here have any experience with this wahm, or know her?

it has been two weeks since i ordered my mesh pouch (and paid). it says 'two weeks' on the website, so that's cool, but... i did write her an email a few days ago, mentioning that i never recieved a confirmation notice or anything, and just wanted to make sure everything was in the works... uh oh. no response.

i know sometimes people get sick, or go on vacation and forget to put it on their site, or something, but i have to tell paypal if it doesn't come before 2 more weeks, if i don't hear from her, and she is the only person making mesh pouches, so i am hoping to get the pouch... i need it for florida in two weeks, and i am just getting paranoid from not hearing from her about it. i am praying every day that it just comes in the mail and she hasn't gotten to her email... hmmm. anyway, just wondered if anyone knows what's up.

thanks, suse
#2 of 9 Old 05-23-2003, 09:15 AM

Hi Suse, i ordered mine about 2 weeks ago too and haven't gotten it yet either. I also ordered something from wavinbaby about 7 weeks ago, and she also said 2-3 weeks, and that also has not come...I'll let you know if I get it!

Kristin
Mama to Aaron, 1/26/03
#3 of 9 Old 05-23-2003, 01:50 PM

Yes, I've ordered from Kathy several times. I recommend you try to e-mail her again in case her e-mail isn't working. FTR my orders do come in about two weeks and I'm *really* impressed with the quality of the work. I ordered the black mesh one year ago, got it after two weeks....I was so excited to see it! I put Kai in it and within 3 minutes he was sound asleep. It was so funny! I have several slings but the mesh is always his favorite. After a year of daily use it still looks exactly the same. I'm sorry, I know I sound like an infomercial, I just *love* my mesh sling. I will be sad when Kai doesn't want to be slung a lot....
#4 of 9 Old 05-23-2003, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

cool misty, thanks. maybe she is too busy sewing to get to her email fingers crossed! suse
#5 of 9 Old 05-28-2003, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

She just emailed me, & is getting it in the mail shortly! Yay, I am so excited!

Suse
#6 of 9 Old 05-29-2003, 03:36 PM

Yay! I hope it works great for you. If you wear it a lot you will need to practice these phrases...

"Yes, that is mesh."
"Yes, it's very comfortable. "
"No, it does not hurt my back."
"I bought it online at www.kathys-closet.com "

Especially that last one. I'm considering making a t-shirt that says, "I bought this sling at kathys-closet.com" LOL
#7 of 9 Old 06-02-2003, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter

i'm biting my fingernails hoping the post office does not screw this up, i've been so excited to get the mail every day, i'm frantic! we're leaving on wednesday so i only have *THREE* days to get it, ack! omg, 'fuzzy' mail has never been as filled with anticipation as this wait for 'meshy' mail!

suse (the countdown begins...)
#8 of 9 Old 06-02-2003, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

it came today!

i like it, but for those considering getting it thinking it to be stretchy, it's not that kinda mesh (prolly not strong enough.) it is a little snug on a 9 month old chub. that said, i'm glad to have it!

suse
#9 of 9 Old 06-02-2003, 11:58 PM

Ok I looked and looked many times before I decided I needed one. I have been standing on my deck looking at my pool wondering how in the heck I am going to enjoy my pool with a 5 year old a 2 year old and a newborn. I have the above ground kind with no shallow end. I was at the end of the line when I saw this post and checked out the sling. I have spent so much on cloth diapers this month I had to talk myself into it. I finally decided I had better hurry up before our trip to Hilton Head!
Let me know how you like it suse!
Bring it to playgroup!

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page