Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Turn-ons include PL/SQL

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#362 of 755 Old 03-13-2007, 01:56 AM
~pi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And I just wanted to say Jocelyn! Long time no see!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#363 of 755 Old 03-13-2007, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
-what is all that stuff you mentioned under "turn-ons" (tee hee)? I mean, I know what yoga is, and lovely little family, but the other stuff?
: It's definitely a secret code.

more poo in the night - but none this morning. dd seems really happy and strong...but she's still obviously pretty ill! I hate all the antiobiotic and probiotic palaver...and practically getting the stuff down her throat is a nightmare!

thanks for hugs, all...
#364 of 755 Old 03-13-2007, 08:07 AM

Well, I was thinking of boycotting this thread, since we're talking in codes I don't understand and I feel left out and unloved.

But I decided to get over myself, because I just have to remark on my son's latest uncanny ability. When placed on the floor of a very clean (looking) floor with toys available in every direction, he will scooch his little self to some remote location and find the one leaf, dustbunny, or other decidedly disgusting thing in the room and chew on that. The boy came with Yuck Radar.
#365 of 755 Old 03-13-2007, 08:44 AM

lol, I thought that was a universal milestone! Definitely an uncanny talent, eh?
#366 of 755 Old 03-13-2007, 10:35 AM

Ethan, : that's funny.

PL/SQL= Potty Learning, Square Dance Learning? WTF?

The last teeny dream I could squeeze in this morning before I was rudely awakened by Sol was one in which I went to this event with Sol, a dance thing, and someone had brought Amara, and also a huge sheet of really great homemade fruit leather. Then, Amara stood up and walked into the other room, toddling on 8 month old legs. Shocked me! Then I woke up.
#367 of 755 Old 03-13-2007, 11:27 AM

I believe she is referring to oracle computer language juice.
#368 of 755 Old 03-13-2007, 08:29 PM

only ten posts since I was last on last night....

nothing new or funny going on around this house. ds1 is spending the night with MIL/FIL and I miss him

they always want to keep him for more than one night (it is spring break here and mil is a teacher) and I am like nooooooo, I like him, that is to long.

I am so glad that mason will NOT take a bottle for only the reason of nobody can watch him overnight! there are plenty of times where i do wish that he would gulp down a bottle, like when I want more than two glasses of wine timed between two feeds :

have a good night ladies, we are in for yucky weather here.

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#369 of 755 Old 03-13-2007, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
PL/SQL (Procedural Language/Structured Query Language)

I knew the SQL part, but had to google the PL part.

ETA: Elsanne, this is for you!
#370 of 755 Old 03-13-2007, 10:30 PM

Quote:

The good news is that participants will be provided with collection materials (leave the tupperware at home) and will be compensated $150 for their involvement.

Oh. : My. Goddess.

My mother is so not alone!
#371 of 755 Old 03-13-2007, 10:51 PM

Can I come in??

Nicholas arrived on July 4th. He is my Yankee Doodle. Born at Home - My midwife didn't make it

I have another little one, Sam - who is 3.5 and into everything...

I didn't read all 11 pages of the thread but I read the first one & this one AF hasn't returned and returned at 18 mos PP with ds1 - I'm hopeful

Here's my question for y'all - have you left your baby yet? Nicholas has only been left with Daddy & I've gotten the "We need Mommy" phone call. How about u?
#372 of 755 Old 03-13-2007, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
PL/SQL (Procedural Language/Structured Query Language)

I knew the SQL part, but had to google the PL part.

ETA: Elsanne, this is for you!

Ding ding ding! Tanya wins a cookie! Or maybe... a pot of gruyere fondue...

: on that news story! Oh Elsanne... would you be disturbed if I told you my turn ons involved tupperware? :
#373 of 755 Old 03-13-2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:

The good news is that participants will be provided with collection materials (leave the tupperware at home) and will be compensated $150 for their involvement.

And, ummm, someone owes you *at least* $150!!

#374 of 755 Old 03-13-2007, 11:06 PM

Quote:
'Bout time, Quag! And hey again--what is all that stuff you mentioned under "turn-ons" (tee hee)? I mean, I know what yoga is, and lovely little family, but the other stuff?
Oh goodness. You really don't know Family Guy and The Office? You MUST find out. IMMEDIATELY!
#375 of 755 Old 03-13-2007, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyCarin View Post
Can I come in??

Nicholas arrived on July 4th. He is my Yankee Doodle. Born at Home - My midwife didn't make it

I didn't read all 11 pages of the thread but I read the first one & this one AF hasn't returned and returned at 18 mos PP with ds1 - I'm hopeful

Here's my question for y'all - have you left your baby yet? Nicholas has only been left with Daddy & I've gotten the "We need Mommy" phone call. How about u?
Hiya! You are absolutely welcome!! Congrats on your independence babe (yeah, watch out for that later ) and looking forward to getting to know you! We've done re-introductions in the last 3 pages or so, so that's a good place to start if you don't want toread the whole thread
#376 of 755 Old 03-14-2007, 12:50 AM

Hi AmyCArin welcome
my babe was july 4 too

I'm soo out of it - life too busy and I'm too short on time to get on the computer at the moment. I start work mornings on Monday !!!

Ok my intro
My name is Claire and my partner is Laura (yep she's a she ) we've been together 11 years and when we got together I grieved because although I was happy to come out as a lesbian finally I thought I would never have kids. And I was one of THOSE women who had always wanted children. But hey we've proved anything is possible. Our donor was a friend of a friend and a wonderful man who just wanted to help us create our family. The kids can meet him when they are older but he is not a parent, merely a biological father to them. I am so blessed to have my kids.

Our whole family is vegetarian and we live in New Zealand. I'm a social worker and my partner is a therapist working with children and adolescents who sexually offend (yep they do believe it or not it's more common than you think). We work 20 hours a week each and share looking after the kids....... ok that's enough from me.

Hi everyone I"ve been reading but not posting shame on me but big
#377 of 755 Old 03-14-2007, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Ding ding ding! Tanya wins a cookie! Or maybe... a pot of gruyere fondue...
That ain't right. That's just cruel. Evil, I tell ya. Do you know how bad I want a slice of pizza right now?

Quote:
Welcome, Amy! There's probably some of each end of the spectrum as far as leaving the baby goes. I've not left my baby yet, but then she's the youngest of the group at seven months old today! I'm visiting my mom at the end of this month and I may take advantage of having her around.
#378 of 755 Old 03-14-2007, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
: : : I just had to share that I am a little out of whack today. Last night I was soooo delirious and tired that I failed to notice the bathroom door was closed and slammed face first into it: : My nose and pride will never be the same
ok it's late in the piece but tricia I'm sorry that made me
#379 of 755 Old 03-14-2007, 01:17 AM

hey tanya "have you really gone all this time without cheese???":
#380 of 755 Old 03-14-2007, 02:37 AM

Quote:
JoyofBabyTalk--indeed that is truly remarkable!!! How fun!! At this stage, it's like hearing your cat talk or something equally unexpected--get some on film!
Yeah it is crazy, when she does it. I was asking dh today if he thought we could get it on video. I know we could get Yay! and NumNumNum because those are frequent and triggered easily.
We went to eat the other night and I was giving her a grain of rice at a time to entertain her. This kid loves rice. I would put it on the table and let her pick it up and put it in her mouth. it was the funniest thing watching her try to pick up the tiny thing then try to put it in her mouth and then watching her chew it up. Greatness, I tell you.

Quote:
Sorry to hear that Jami. nux vomica I believe is a good homeopathic for nausea?
Works great for most nausea, but not always. A great homeopathic for overeating. take it after a big meal and you feel much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarenka View Post
Wow to Mattie - mistress of the impossible - and Amara - hope you're feeling better Jami, good to see you back Kimya...hi everyone else!

I've had a scary time with dd2 who was diagnosed yesterday with as-good-as pneumonia, very very nearly, has had awful green water poohs and was dehydrated - to the extent where she could have been taken to hospital and put on a drip for a week. Luckily my dr wanted to do everything to stop that happening. dd is on antibiotics : and homeopathics and seemed so much better today (also having loads of milk again) until this evening the runny pooh started again, this time yellow. I'm worried again.
Hugs to your illness. i'm so sorry for sich a scare.

That breastfeeding study is right down the street from me. And as I am both a breastfeeder and urinater (and desperately in need of money), I have contacted the woman via e-mail and will probably call tomorrow to see if I can get in on this.

And we are camped out at my mom's currently. Thank goodness I have her. We have no electricty in our house. The E company came out on Friday to turn on the power in our name, their system said there was no power in our house. We have had pwer since we looked at the place before we even knew we wanted it. The shut us off because our meter is illegal and our box has no front cover. Landlord took 30 or so hours to get an electrician to our house to illegally hook up power again. So on monday morning, the E company comes again and shuts us down. The landlord is working on it. His electrician has to find the cover, put it on, contact the city for inspection, contact e company to get it turned back on, etc, etc, etc. So we are out of our house, inconveniencing my parents probably for most of the week. He did say he'd give us a break on our rent for this, but we lost a lot of food and my dh had to come home on Monday to get us because I couldn't cook anything. And we had nothing ready-to-eat. Also, my dh's employer has seriously cut back hours as they don't have much work. My s-dad also works there and is stressing, but still getting paid because he's management. So both of the guy are looking at potentially losing their jobs. And we just moved into our own place. : Guhs to myself.

I just have to say yay for healthy kids. Cause that's all I need. All the rest is jsut gravy, right? If anyone knows of anything work-at-home, not pushing your friends into buying stuff, that I could do, please pm me. Gotta go. My baby is huffing, that means crying will ensue if boob is not in mouth quickly and then 2 babies will cry. Good night.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#381 of 755 Old 03-14-2007, 02:54 AM

jessica - oh poos and hugs to you
#382 of 755 Old 03-14-2007, 05:51 AM

watch out...gettin my multi-quote on

Quote:
Wow, this is my first post and we're already 357 deep. This has to be a record.

I'm Quag mommy to two DDs, 3 and almost 8 months. Turn-ons include PL/SQL, Family Guy and The Office, yoga, and spending time with my lovely little family. Turn-offs include my dirty kitchen floor, waking up early, whining, and especially, the shrieking. Oh the shrieking.

I also work. Four whole days each week. Wanna fight about it? :

Many-o posts for responding, but I did want to say JJoy, I appreciate your willingness to talk about all topics forbidden. I enjoy discussing poop - no one seems to appreciate this as much as DH. It's sad because poop can be fun. I've been sitting here busting a gut over "JoyofPoop"

And Tanya, mega-cute pictures of your BABY GIRL! :
first of all I MISSED YOU. and also every time I see you I think of family guy...that's gotta be where you got your sn from? dh adores fg and watches it alot. I gotta admit its pretty funny! no fighting here about work as I work FT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarenka View Post
more poo in the night - but none this morning. dd seems really happy and strong...but she's still obviously pretty ill! I hate all the antiobiotic and probiotic palaver...and practically getting the stuff down her throat is a nightmare!
hopefully she'll be better soon. antibiotics are a nightmare...I always get thrush that won't stop when Jake's on antibiotics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
Well, I was thinking of boycotting this thread, since we're talking in codes I don't understand and I feel left out and unloved.

But I decided to get over myself, because I just have to remark on my son's latest uncanny ability. When placed on the floor of a very clean (looking) floor with toys available in every direction, he will scooch his little self to some remote location and find the one leaf, dustbunny, or other decidedly disgusting thing in the room and chew on that. The boy came with Yuck Radar.
LoL glad you decided to stick around Jacob and Caleb have the same Radar...maybe its a boy thing??
Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
lol, I thought that was a universal milestone! Definitely an uncanny talent, eh?
yep
Quote:
Originally Posted by aydensmama View Post
they always want to keep him for more than one night (it is spring break here and mil is a teacher) and I am like nooooooo, I like him, that is to long.I am so glad that mason will NOT take a bottle for only the reason of nobody can watch him overnight! there are plenty of times where i do wish that he would gulp down a bottle, like when I want more than two glasses of wine timed between two feeds :
aww I get that way too...Jake takes bottles but I play the breastfeeding card. "but he nurses all ngiht...you wouldn't want my supply to dip due to me not waking up to pump would you?? :
Quote:
Quote:

omg I so thought of you...and I still wonder what happened...
Quote:
Can I come in??

welcome! my guy came July 6. on my birthday. I'll never get over the trauma!
Quote:
And, ummm, someone owes you *at least* $150!!

...intriguing...can someone who is not traumatised by these events pm me with the deets???
Quote:
Originally Posted by witt View Post
My name is Claire and my partner is Laura (yep she's a she )
rub it in! seriously though we'd be lost w/out you Claire I'm so happy to see you and Laura been together so long. just lovely
Quote:
Welcome, Amy! There's probably some of each end of the spectrum as far as leaving the baby goes. I've not left my baby yet, but then she's the youngest of the group at seven months old today! I'm visiting my mom at the end of this month and I may take advantage of having her around.
yeah we just keep Tanya around to make fun of...I mean chat with her j/k Tanya
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Works great for most nausea, but not always. A great homeopathic for overeating. take it after a big meal and you feel much better.
I don't overeat?? but thank you also I'm gonna : cuz I want something WAH I think. I'm tired of working at the same time though its the only thing that gets me out of the house. *sigh*

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#383 of 755 Old 03-14-2007, 06:18 AM

ok this is kind of stupid but for the past couple of days I've been feeling kind of blue because...

...well because...

...this is gonna sound so stupid ...

...I'm ddddc-less

I know pathetic right????

PS...I don't feel pregnant at all

pps...only 4dpo though.

ppps....I really need to go to bed....

pppps....I forget...did I want to be pg or was I hoping not? I change my mind so often. at any rate we were trying to tta...so maybe better hope for af...

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#384 of 755 Old 03-14-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Y: Guhs to myself.
:guhs from me to you, too! I know it can feel like just another thing to get you down, but at least it's temporary! If I were you, I'd make sure that the "break" on the rent the landlord has planned includes enough to cover your spoiled food and the inconvenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMama05 View Post
...intriguing...can someone who is not traumatised by these events pm me with the deets???
I'm not sure if we can rub salt in Elsanne's wound! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebsmama05
I don't overeat??
You mean you've never had a meal where you overindulged? Even just a little? I don't overeat all the time, but on occasion there is a meal just too yummy and I've eaten too much. Especially on Thanksgiving!
#385 of 755 Old 03-14-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
My name is Claire and my partner is Laura (yep she's a she ) we've been together 11 years and when we got together I grieved because although I was happy to come out as a lesbian finally I thought I would never have kids. And I was one of THOSE women who had always wanted children. But hey we've proved anything is possible.
witt, I just want to tell you how incredibly happy I am for you and your family

Quote:
And we are camped out at my mom's currently. Thank goodness I have her. We have no electricty in our house.
Egads, does it never stop??? I'm so sorry - what a headache. You seem in good spirits, though I'm amazaed at what Mattie can do. Ethan has just discovered the Shriek of Earsplitting Loudness, and he is ever so thrilled with himself. Joy.

Hey, when you get your power turned back on, we can call you JoyofJuice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMama05 View Post
pppps....I forget...did I want to be pg or was I hoping not?
That's a good way to end up pregnant!
And rock on with your bad multiquoting self!

As far as leaving the babe, I've left Ethan a few times but it hasn't been easy. I can now leave him with his dad for a couple of hours, provided he's just eaten. He's stayed with his grandma a couple of times, mostly for the experience, and she brings him back to me when he starts getting unhappy.
#386 of 755 Old 03-14-2007, 11:05 AM

Tanya, your sig is cracking me up. I love DH's. They're so sweet and so, so clueless sometimes! Like it's just impossible to imagine, 40 whole days without cheese! BTW, I'm doing really well on that front, there was that stupid lapse on the first day, and then that one unfortunate incident with the pizza, but I've been back on track. Last night we had tacos, and mine were cheese-free. Scarily enough, I'm almost not missing it! (I did say 'almost')
#387 of 755 Old 03-14-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
I've not left my baby yet, but then she's the youngest of the group at seven months old today!
I haven't left mine, either. I probably would for 20 minutes or so, a short errand or something, but only with his dad. For me, the hassle and anxiety involved with leaving an infant have just never been worth it, and fortunately I haven't ever had to (well, I did leave my first baby when I was working on my thesis, but that sucked!).
#388 of 755 Old 03-14-2007, 11:10 AM

Jami--dearheart--here's the deal. And actually, FTR, you could read back over last month's thread although actually it happened late January...for the serious researcher...

my mom, (and there's a whole novel to be told there), came and visited, staying in my upstairs room which has no bathroom. One needs to go down kind of scary, metal spiral stairs to relieve oneself, which daunted her at night since I guess she micturates with regularity in the eve hours. Anyway, she took it upon herself to find something she could pee into and in the morning, throw it away. This happened to be my nice big tupperware container for like salads, complete with top. I still don't have anything nice like that to replace it, which she said she would. We had a tiny argument about whether or not I thought it was gross (it's fine, but I'm not going to eat out of it again, was my response).
#389 of 755 Old 03-14-2007, 11:12 AM

I'm sorry...."not overeat" does not compute... I come from a long line of overeaters...
#390 of 755 Old 03-14-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
hey tanya "have you really gone all this time without cheese???":
Somehow in my sleepy-eyed state I missed your post this morning. : Why, yes, I have! There was a stupid lapse the first day. Totally mindless and majot moment, but I've done really well so far. I've had some temptations like pizza and a lamentable moment when I realized lasagna was out for now.

Quote:
Last night we had tacos, and mine were cheese-free. Scarily enough, I'm almost not missing it! (I did say 'almost')
Yay for you for not giving in entirely for just a little lapse! I've noticed I'm not missing it as much either. Ds begged us to take him to his fave pizza buffet (which is a family fave,too). I had the salad bar. and a little bit of dessert pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
For me, the hassle and anxiety involved with leaving an infant have just never been worth it, and fortunately I haven't ever had to (well, I did leave my first baby when I was working on my thesis, but that sucked!).
: But for the record, I zero anxiety leaving my 5 and 2 year olds.

Quote:
I'm sorry...."not overeat" does not compute.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page