July 06 mamas: get yer March on! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sarenka! I, too, find it helps to write it down. Or haiku it BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELF WOMAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
SEE THEM! NOW! :
Yes, your majesty!
Dang, those girls are so lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNB View Post
oh yeah, we've had preliminary mobiity since about 3/1 or so. She's turned into an inquisitive sort of inchworm.
We've got inchworming over here too. He gets up on all fours and then thrusts himself forward onto his belly, then does it again. And he can *almost* get from his belly to sitting, but not quite.

Where has the time gone??

Interesting (to me) weather here. 36 hours ago, 70 degrees! This morning, snow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 12:26 PM

Quag: I also have a huge fear of throwing up. It's one of my biggest concerns with getting pregnant again! Thank heavens that I didn't have much nausea with Andrew's pregnancy because I can count on my hand the number of times I have thrown up in my life. I have always been proud of the fact that I have an "iron stomach." My fear is comounded by the fact that I have a friend who almost lost her father after he came down with the flu and almost died after he threw up and ripped a hole in esophagus! Yikes!

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#423 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 01:14 PM
~pi

sarenka, JJoy and anyone else who could use one

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#424 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
SEE THEM! NOW! :
Yes, ma'am!
Beautiful boys you have there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarenka View Post
:GUHS TO ME!!
So much going on at once! Sarenka! I have found that writing it down here and on my blog helps so much.
#425 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#426 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 02:44 PM

#427 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 03:31 PM

going over to check you out...

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#428 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:

I loves ya, grrrrrrl.
#429 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 05:50 PM

Ok, so I'm 2 pages behind. But I gotta post now and be productive. My mom thinks I spend too much of my time on here and is probably right, but I don't weant her to know that.

Anyway, in more bad news, our car got repo'd this morning. What a wat to wake up. We managed to get all our stuff back. Dh has a poorly running truck that is kinda smelly. Not a great family car. It doesn't have an inspection sticker and he will probably have to fix it up a bit before it can pass an inspection, we'll see. We had an arguement because I wanna take it to get a child seat inspection to make sure the girls can ride safely in it. It is 20 years old and I only know new car stuff. He said and what if they aren't safe, we don't have other options. Well, I guess we'll have to find them. I'm sure the seats will be fine but I want to know. He doesn't want the truck driven more than necessary till we get the sticker. So I'm ready for this Saturn Return thing or whatever it is to be over. Will it end when I'm 30?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
Egads, does it never stop??? I'm so sorry - what a headache. You seem in good spirits, though I'm amazaed at what Mattie can do. Ethan has just discovered the Shriek of Earsplitting Loudness, and he is ever so thrilled with himself. Joy.

Hey, when you get your power turned back on, we can call you JoyofJuice!
I'm beginning to think, no it doesn't end, but challenges build perseverence and perservence builds character and character builds hope and hope does not disappoint. I try to stay graeful for what I have, because I have a lot of really great things. 2, I can think of right off the top of my head. My mom raised us to be grateful. And I've seen a lot of misfortune around me. I'd always considered us to not have any misfortune until last August when we lost my brother. That really put things in perspective. Everything can be replaced or lived without, except people. He is so deeply missed. I recently told someone that I didn't even know I liked him this much. The pain goes so deep, it seems deeper than the love I had for him. Though I do know I loved him a lot and I know he knew that. Kim and her loss of her baby Emma have also helped me to remember how lucky I am. everytime i look into my girly's eyes, i think it just doesn't get any better than this.

Quote:
I'm sorry...."not overeat" does not compute... I come from a long line of overeaters...
Me too. And that is how I know about the nux vomica for overeaters. Whenever we go out to eat, I tell dh I have to go grab it so we won't be hurting as bad later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Hey Sandrine!

Now Tanya, you know that I have been cheeseless for far longer than you. And milkless and yogurtless and ice creamless too. I would do just about anything for a slice of pizza... I mock you only out of jealousy. In 20 days when you enjoy your large pot o cheese and your cheese-coated cheesie poofs and your cheese-flavored lots-a-cheese you will be laughing at me in my cheeseless state.

Cheese, anyone?
I'm so sorry for you cheese-less mamas. I don't think i could be cheese-less. I love the stuff. Also, we get WIC and it's a huge part of our food budget. I get it and Emma gets it with an extra cheese, less milk package. So tons of cheese. It helps us stretch meals.

Quote:
Speaking of

Our bill just passed the House with 95 yeas, 0 nays.
Yay! happy dancing here.

I'm feeling the DDDDC lonelieness, as well, Jami. And with all the great nicknames you are coming up with, I'm sue there's one in there somewhere, particularly, Elsanne's.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#430 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 06:02 PM

Oh, and as for the pinching thing. I wear a nursing tank all the time. i got mine form target. And then I give her a small quilt to hold. it's about 14 by 14 inches. Then she doesn't beat me up so much. I was getting rashes on the side of my boob and took forever to figure out why. I gotta go.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#431 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 06:06 PM

(((Jessica))) That sounds really stressful

Nicholas finally fell asleep - we went to a Kohls grand opening and he cried the whole way home! UGH. I'm never sure what to do bc he really just wants to be held. Sometimes I pull over & take him out, hug him, reassure him and put him back in his seat but it really just prolongs the agony.
It soooo doesn't help that we're at least 25 minutes from EVERYTHING. Poor Peanut. But he's fast asleep on my back in the Ergo and I'm decompressing. It's sooo hard to listen to him cry like that. Dh wonders why I try to have everything delivered.
#432 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 09:08 PM

JJoy, . It may not be apparent right now, but surely there's a reason for the tough times.

AmyC, hugs to you, too, on the carseat woes. We live 25 minutes from anything besides Walmart, but thankfully my dd does well in the car most times. But there are times when she wants out on the last few minutes home and we just get home as fast as we can.

In other news, I decided I was going to get my hair cut tonight. I also decided that dh was watching all three children. You should have seen his face! Priceless. He said "the baby, too?" and when I said "yes" he said "what if she cries?" : An hour and a half later all is well. Baby started fussing for me when I was on the way home. Just whining saying "mom-mom". She was so happy to see me! And I'm secretly thrilled that my last baby wants her mama all the time!
#433 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 09:34 PM

Nice, Tanya, how did your haircut turn out?

GET THIS! Today Amara stood directly up and stayed there for 8 seconds! First it was 3, but now she's doing it over and over for shorter periods. 8 sec was the record so far. I am totally floored, and of course it's the cutest little elf-stance you ever saw.
#434 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Nice, Tanya, how did your haircut turn out?
Yes, Tell us! Show us! Let's see your new do :

Quote:
GET THIS! Today Amara stood directly up and stayed there for 8 seconds! First it was 3, but now she's doing it over and over for shorter periods. 8 sec was the record so far. I am totally floored, and of course it's the cutest little elf-stance you ever saw.
Oh my goodness!! She's gonna be walking before you know it! : Are you ready??? I haven't baby-proofed a THING!
#435 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 10:53 PM

:guhs JJoy. Sucks to have your car inaccessible.

Tanya, here is a little music for you

I would also love to see your new do. Please choose which smiley currently represents your hairstyle:

:fireman

Quote:
Originally Posted by witt View Post
well then I might eat THAT cheese!!!

Well I ain't gonna keep pming so I'll just say this............ stop reading now if you don't want to know..........

think cow giving birth, calf taken away and killed usually or kept in crate for veal so they can't move and meat is tender, then cow crying for her baby...... as a breastfeeding mother I can only imagine how that would be.... if you want to know more do a google for why go vegan or similar type words and you'll find heaps of stuff.:

Although I am assuming for most people if you are ok philosophically with the idea of animals dying for meat then you'll be ok with eating dairy. My partner is only vegetarian - she says she's made her peace with the dairy industry. We all need to do what we can and what we are comfortable with.
Ok, that is seriously awful. I have read something similar elsewhere, and am glad to be avoiding at least milk and cheese. Those poor cows I do not avoid beef : though truth be told, beef makes me fart and I probably should. Tanya, I hear you on the wafting. Poor DH. Plus when you look at how many foods are colored using crushed up beetles The more I read food labels and understand what things are, the more nauseated I become.

Anyway I started to quote Sarenka but I'm on a roll here so I'll just ask - what do you do for protein? I am one of these protein fiends - meat is usually the main dish, with carbs and veggies on the side. An expensive way to live no doubt, and in an effort to stretch our grocery budget a bit I've been trying to incorporate lots of beans and eggs. Still though... can't eat beans and eggs every night. So... what do you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyCarin View Post
I can share a crunchy brag too: Nicholas fell at playgroup today and bumped his head - I actually had both my Hylands Bumps & Bruises tablets and Arnica Cream in the diaper bag! I was so proud of me Nicholas actually stopped crying when I put the little B&B under his tongue :
I just bought arnica cream too... am I certified granola? It works really well though. And it came with a free thingy of arnica tablets, which are really helping with my shoulder issue. Maybe I'll try to get DH to massage me with the cream now. Mmmm... massage.

(and welcome Amy, since I didn't say it earlier )

Quote:
See freshy fresh pics in my blog link.

SEE THEM! NOW! :
OK ALREADY!

Hey, look at all that hair on your bebe! Where did that come from? Last time I checked she was bald as an egg. Just goes to show that raucously advertising your blog does serve a purpose

Quote:
(((Jessica))) That sounds really stressful

Nicholas finally fell asleep - we went to a Kohls grand opening and he cried the whole way home! UGH. I'm never sure what to do bc he really just wants to be held. Sometimes I pull over & take him out, hug him, reassure him and put him back in his seat but it really just prolongs the agony.
It soooo doesn't help that we're at least 25 minutes from EVERYTHING. Poor Peanut. But he's fast asleep on my back in the Ergo and I'm decompressing. It's sooo hard to listen to him cry like that. Dh wonders why I try to have everything delivered.
Yes, I quoted you twice in the same post. I'm stalking you! Actually I just wanted to say that we too are in the boonies - at least 20 minutes from everything except very tiny overpriced country stores and larger overpriced farm stands that close for the winter. Any company that offers free shipping is automatically my favorite
#436 of 755 Old 03-15-2007, 11:34 PM

[QUOTE=Quagmire;7567338Yes, I quoted you twice in the same post. I'm stalking you! Actually I just wanted to say that we too are in the boonies - at least 20 minutes from everything except very tiny overpriced country stores and larger overpriced farm stands that close for the winter. Any company that offers free shipping is automatically my favorite [/QUOTE]

Stalk away : I feel so loved & welcome.

Living in the boonies has such challenges! I can't figure out *how* to grocery shop! I joined a (relatively) local frontier co-op which helps. But the closest organic grocery store is small & incredibly expensive. And I can't shop at only an Organic Grocery - I need my Hellman's REAL Mayonnaise etc. So I thought that I'd try a United Food Co-op. Ugh. I can't figure out how that is going to save me $$$ and the hassle is overwhelming bc they do split meetings IRL not on a Yahoo Group. : We have a CSA for the summer & we have a local farm that delivers our Meat/Milk weekly. And I'm sooo not crunchy enough to make my own cereal or crackers so a ***good*** grocery store would be fabulous. And I'll admit, I'm a sucker for Super WalMart/Super Target bc I can do one trip & get everything from potting soil and birthday presents to my freezer staples (Amy's Pizzas yummmmmm).
#437 of 755 Old 03-16-2007, 12:00 AM

Quote:
:guhs JJoy. Sucks to have your car inaccessible.

Tanya, here is a little music for you

I would also love to see your new do. Please choose which smiley currently represents your hairstyle:

I think is HOT
Wasn't that style cool in the 80's?

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#438 of 755 Old 03-16-2007, 12:01 AM

Jessica: Hang in there! I think you have definitely hit your quota for crappy things happening to you this year!

#439 of 755 Old 03-16-2007, 12:26 AM

Quote:
I also decided that dh was watching all three children. You should have seen his face! Priceless. He said "the baby, too?" and when I said "yes" he said "what if she cries?" : An hour and a half later all is well. Baby started fussing for me when I was on the way home. Just whining saying "mom-mom". She was so happy to see me! And I'm secretly thrilled that my last baby wants her mama all the time!
I love it, we will probably not have three, but my dh does the same thing with two boys, he says "you mean you are not taking one???"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Anyway, in more bad news, our car got repo'd this morning. What a wat to wake up.
Much hugs Jessica, I am so sorry you are going through all this....

I am off to try and get my laptop working so I can show you all what I made, I am very proud!!!

Oh and by the way, have I mentioned how much I absolutely love this age of our babies! So many new things they do, and their wonderful attitudes shining through (oh did I say attitudes, I meant personalities ) Mason is beginning to be such a happy baby to be around! (not that he wasn't before, ok enough you guys know what I mean!)

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#440 of 755 Old 03-16-2007, 12:36 AM

Here it is....

I made this for my friends sip and see (baby already born). Her nursery is bumblebee, and they called the baby buttercup before she was born!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...0/100_1488.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...0/100_1490.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...0/100_1491.jpg

Can you tell I am proud of my suzy homemaker accomplishment?

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#441 of 755 Old 03-16-2007, 12:41 AM

Aydensmama, that is a true piece of work! Nice job! You have the wrong sex of children--could you come down here and tie my daughter's bow behind her dress? I never do it right.
#442 of 755 Old 03-16-2007, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Aydensmama, that is a true piece of work! Nice job! You have the wrong sex of children--could you come down here and tie my daughter's bow behind her dress? I never do it right.
Thanks, do NOT get me wrong I love my boys, but ohhhhhhh how I long for a little girl. I live through my neighbors and all of the girl pics on here! Ok enough of that!

#443 of 755 Old 03-16-2007, 01:20 AM

Aydensmama - you are FAR tooo crafty! I give you an "A" in HomeEc & crown you Queen of All Things Craft :
#444 of 755 Old 03-16-2007, 01:24 AM

More multiquoting from yours truly I toned it back a bit this time can't you tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Anyway, in more bad news, our car got repo'd this morning. What a wat to wake up.

I'm feeling the DDDDC lonelieness, as well, Jami. And with all the great nicknames you are coming up with, I'm sue there's one in there somewhere, particularly, Elsanne's.
our car got repo'd a few weeks ago. we are bumming rides until our '91 Blazer gets fixed.

you aren't anymore!! JoyOfPoop
Quote:
jake's been letting go when he pulls up. he usually falls directly down but you can see the minute differences. 1/2 second by half second he's standing for long periods
Quote:
Oh my goodness!! She's gonna be walking before you know it! : Are you ready??? I haven't baby-proofed a THING!
I thought I was baby proofed but OMG we are so not. Caleb is a lot more well bahaved than I gave him credit for!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
I think is HOT
Wasn't that style cool in the 80's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
Jessica: Hang in there! I think you have definitely hit your quota for crappy things happening to you this year!
definately and :guh
Quote:
Originally Posted by aydensmama View Post
Oh and by the way, have I mentioned how much I absolutely love this age of our babies! So many new things they do, and their wonderful attitudes shining through (oh did I say attitudes, I meant personalities ) Mason is beginning to be such a happy baby to be around! (not that he wasn't before, ok enough you guys know what I mean!)
me too! Jacob is so chubby and cute
Quote:
Here it is....

I made this for my friends sip and see (baby already born). Her nursery is bumblebee, and they called the baby buttercup before she was born!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...0/100_1488.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...0/100_1490.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...0/100_1491.jpg

niiiiiiiiiiiice!
Quote:
awww
Quote:
Thanks, do NOT get me wrong I love my boys, but ohhhhhhh how I long for a little girl. I live through my neighbors and all of the girl pics on here! Ok enough of that!
Don't give up hope! stranger things have happened

me...ok today at work my worst nightmare came true. I got really nauseous. the "omg i'm about to throw up any second" kind. I was just useless and got sent home. (I also was dizzy and almost passed out a number of times)

moral of this story is...EAT!!!!!!!!!!

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#445 of 755 Old 03-16-2007, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Aydensmama - you are FAR tooo crafty! I give you an "A" in HomeEc & crown you Queen of All Things Craft :
which is a ddddc if I ever saw one...

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#446 of 755 Old 03-16-2007, 05:51 AM

Quote:
GET THIS! Today Amara stood directly up and stayed there for 8 seconds! I am totally floored
I have a great image of Amara standing up and you falling over

Quote:
:

both for Aydensmama and for your trials with girlishness. I am crap at bows and hairstyles and all the rest of it. On the other hand I am wholeheartedly glad to have girls!

JJoy, you're really going through the mill aren't you. More ;guhs for you.

Thanks everyone for hugs. I am feeling better today. 2 hours sleep this morning made a surprising difference to the look of the whole world. Sometimes I forget how simple it all is.
#447 of 755 Old 03-16-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:

If I hadn't been keeping up with my kegels, I would have peed I was laughing so hard. is most appropriate. Still :

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydensmama
And you should be! That looks awesome!

Quote:
Sometimes I forget how simple it all is.
:

Well, this morning is a bust. Ds was feeling down yesterday. I thought he was tired. He's got a cough and a fever of 102.4 this morning. Bring on the vitamin C. So no school today for him.
#448 of 755 Old 03-16-2007, 09:41 AM

Hi there...

I can't believe your babies!! Gingi (large of frame and belly, though not really 'fat' per se) is not even close to crawling. She can't even sit up without toppling over after a few minutes when she turns too fast or reaches for something! THUD! Yesterday, she actually fell face forward (ouch!) onto her chin onto the wood floor. I had pillows propped around her sides and back, and hadn't realized that she could fall forward...

Gingy tries to crawl but just doesn't have the strength to lift that much mass up into the air on all fours. It's frustrating for her because, obviously, she is mucho curious and active and social ... so she has to "hitch" a ride with one of us. My mom says we need to get Gingi a Pope-mobile all her own to satisfy her. But for now, she loves being in the crook of her Dad's arms as he putters. So sweet.

Just thought I'd draw a little contrast for you moms of cruising, crawling, standing babes! These little ones are so different in frame and personality. My first daughter was so lithe and early on all the movement milestones. And it really is neither here nor there. It's like looking at different varieties of flowers and loving them all.

liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#449 of 755 Old 03-16-2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Awwww, thanks so much, I had fun making it, and I am only crafty when I really put my mind to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMama05 View Post
me...ok today at work my worst nightmare came true. I got really nauseous. the "omg i'm about to throw up any second" kind. I was just useless and got sent home. (I also was dizzy and almost passed out a number of times)

moral of this story is...EAT!!!!!!!!!!
I am a fan of eating , I hope you are feeling better!

Quote:
both for Aydensmama and for your trials with girlishness. I am crap at bows and hairstyles and all the rest of it. On the other hand I am wholeheartedly glad to have girls!

JJoy, you're really going through the mill aren't you. More ;guhs for you.

Thanks everyone for hugs. I am feeling better today. 2 hours sleep this morning made a surprising difference to the look of the whole world. Sometimes I forget how simple it all is.
Thanks so much....I secretely would want another baby in a couple of years to get one more chance for that girl (secret- hubby says no)

Sleeping is a very good thing! Glas you got some!

Quote:
And you should be! That looks awesome!

Well, this morning is a bust. Ds was feeling down yesterday. I thought he was tired. He's got a cough and a fever of 102.4 this morning. Bring on the vitamin C. So no school today for him.
Thanks, and I hope he feels better soon. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillMtnMama View Post
These little ones are so different in frame and personality. My first daughter was so lithe and early on all the movement milestones. And it really is neither here nor there. It's like looking at different varieties of flowers and loving them all.

liz
My boys are very different as well, and I think it is a joy as well watching two very different babies grow!

#450 of 755 Old 03-16-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I have a great image of Amara standing up and you falling over

I am feeling better today. 2 hours sleep this morning made a surprising difference to the look of the whole world. Sometimes I forget how simple it all is.

:

Lack of sleep will do you in faster'n anything. Then, lack of eating, as Jami has demonstrated.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page