Forum Jump: 

#601 of 755 Old 03-22-2007, 05:00 PM
WNB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewaneecook View Post
Anyone have solutions for biters? DS likes to chomp down on me while nursing. I smoosh him in to the breast to get him to release and immediately end the nursing session, but that hasn't seemed to help. He just had 2 teeth come through, so it's only going to hurt more as he gets more teeth.
I hear ya ... DD is sometimes "bitey", and youch, that can hurt. She doesn't bite when she is definitely hungry though, so if she has a goofy, mischievous look in her eye and bites me, I just figure it's not nursing time. I'm hoping she doesn't start biting when she is really hungry.

Sorry no advice really, just sympathy!
#602 of 755 Old 03-22-2007, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimya View Post
That's cool!!! It's a weird town. When did you leave? It is SOOOOO developed. It kind of scares me. It reminds me of the town in Edward Scissorhands. I bet kids run into the wrong house all the time!
I lived there from let's see....4th grade...and my parents moved away two years ago, but I didn't live there for the last couple years....I OFFICIALLY didn't reside in the city as of December 99, but my parents stayed until what......2004 or 2005? So I was back on occasion. It is a weird little town. But, it's sorta homey too. Did your friends grow up there?
#603 of 755 Old 03-22-2007, 06:44 PM

Hi everybody; long time no "see." My family has been going through a rough five months but I'm ready to rejoin the July mamas!

So! 'Renzo is 8.5 months old. He weighs in at a whopping 19lbs and is about to start walking. He has four teeth and likes to use them while nursing. He's just the most delightful baby and though I'm now a single mama, I'm so happy to be a SAHM to Miss P & 'Renz. Check out my blog (see my siggy) for pictures!

Now, to catch up on this monster of a thread!
#604 of 755 Old 03-22-2007, 07:18 PM

It's so good to see you here, Celeste. I saw your pics and your kids are so cute!! And growing so fast.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#605 of 755 Old 03-22-2007, 07:55 PM

Celeste! We've missed you. Here's a for good measure.

Ethan is starting to crawl. : I'm not ready!
#606 of 755 Old 03-22-2007, 08:01 PM

Celeste, it's so good to see you over here! I've been thinking and praying about you and your family! I can't believe Renzo is almost walking! Seth is sitting very well and is content to stay put (not that I mind having a stationary babe!).

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#607 of 755 Old 03-22-2007, 09:24 PM

hi celeste, we've missed ya!! ! cute kiddos!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#608 of 755 Old 03-22-2007, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Celeste! Glad to have you back over here.

Juice, : is right. Dd started going from butt to belly today, and has been trying really hard on the crawling.
#609 of 755 Old 03-22-2007, 10:28 PM

My husband asked me for hamburger helper tonight. :Puke
#610 of 755 Old 03-22-2007, 10:31 PM

Hi Celeste!
#611 of 755 Old 03-22-2007, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewaneecook View Post
As for solids, DS doesn't like them much. He'll be 9 months next week and he has had maybe 1/8 of a teaspoon of solids total. He usually spits them out or gags on them. His favorite is sucking on an apple. He likes the taste, but not the texture of solids. He gagged on sweet potato, he threw up avocado, and spits out any solid piece of apple he may get. I try something new every couple weeks or so, but no luck so far. Since he's somewhere around 28 lbs, I'm not worried about malnourishment!
Hmm, good to see R isn't the only one that gags. I don't remember this problem with DD1. Anyway we've had good luck with the mesh feeder. She did seem very interested in what we were eating but I kept holding off because of the vomiting. I think it's partly a texture thing and partly a control thing for her... she needs to be able to control what and how much goes in her mouth.

Celeste, so good to see you!!!! We missed you!

And Witt, welcome back!

Tanya, about that SA calculation. When I calculated how much I need I get over 18,000 mg of Vit C. Is that right? : (please stop doing the division in your heads! ) How do you even take that much? I have the tabs but they take a while to crunch up. For those of you who use powder, where do you get it? And does it make anyone else super gassy? Can that be considered bowel tolerance? I do have to be around other people after all

Panda thinks you stink... What a precious little face Kimya.
#612 of 755 Old 03-22-2007, 10:53 PM

Quag that doesn't sound right...could you drink 18 packets of emergen-c without hitting bowel tolerance?

I ordered my SA powder from http://store.allhealthtrends.com/pgi...ctspec?NB-0452
#613 of 755 Old 03-22-2007, 11:33 PM

Hey there ladies! My dh has been ragging on me about the time I spend with my computer open!!!!

Question: Do your babies ears smell? Mason's always stink after a bath, I know randomness...

I am glad the sleep is getting better for now Jami....we are doing better on the not waking screaming 45 min after going down, some nights there is no waking, and some it is two to three hours later, so that is progess. Normally whenever I reach out for help, things change up with little pressure from mama!

Two of my neighbors babies are getting tubes in their ears, they think my SA, vit c, garlic oil is all witch craft or something...I think it is the other way around.

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#614 of 755 Old 03-22-2007, 11:45 PM

Hi, ladies. Just popping in. Do any of us live In Southern Cali?
Hi, Celeste. So glad to see you back. So sorry for all your troubles. Big hugs to you.
We are finally back at home. I have 2 days before I leave. My girls lives have been turned totally upside down and now we're going out of town. My house is trashed because we hadn't finished unpacking when we had to leave. I can't find anything. And I have less than 2 days to get all 2 of us ready to go. On the plus side, somebody in the NINO group around here is loaning me her ergo for the trip. I just wish I had the backpack that hooks on it. That would so save me. I'm foreseeing baby on my back in ergo and toddler on my front in mei tai. Where does my bag go? I'll try to post more before I go. I much to say but so little time. I don't think my sis has internet. I told her I couldn't come then, but she's insisting and since she already bought the tickets, ill have to survive somehow. now to get baby to sleep so dh and I can dtd.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#615 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 01:01 AM

Hi, JJoy! Glad you got back home. Have a safe trip and a fun time with your sister!

Here's the video of the hysterical bouncing ball I mentioned earlier.
#616 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 01:32 AM

t-too cute!

#617 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 02:19 AM

packing up H's things. not sure how i'm going to manage. everyone who was supportive last year has better things to do this year...I still don't have my license...and no vehicle...

...I feel sick...

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#618 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 02:35 AM

Um, Celeste, WOW. Where the heck have I been.! Just spent a hairy half hour on your blog. While our situations differ I have a little single-mama high-five goin' out to ya. You inspire me.

Jjoy, hang in there...sending you good energy.
#619 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 03:14 AM

Celeste Hi!!! welcome back, I saw you were having a rough time a while ago hugs mama
#620 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD View Post
My husband asked me for hamburger helper tonight. :Puke
I regularly make hamburger helper I don't like it as much as other stuff but it is cheap and quick

#621 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 04:02 AM

so I went to my GP today (this is a regular, government funded General Practitioner who also advocates naturapathy and homeopathy)....

he gave me advice re vit C which was useful. I guess I feel a little more comfortable following a medical doctor 's advice (he has a very good reputation). Ok yep I'm just a conservative gal at heart

I have a vit C info sheet with a big explanation about bowel tolerance. Is this common knowledge? Do other people get this info from their GP's (doctors, do you call them GPs in the states?)?? If not, do you want me to post what I have??

I asked him about vaxes, he didn't vax his kids, but he did say whooping C was a "narly" one to quote him but said after a year it wasn't such a biggie but also said that regular doctors don't use all the things that are available to treat it ie vit c and homeopathy. He was supportive of me not vaxing with Meninigitis B (real scare mongering here about this deadly disease) and supportive of me not vaxing at all.... so that was reassuring whew

I forgot to ask him re what happened if I can't get it into Cerys, I forgot she isn't taking a cup: hmmm shall I just take heaps to bowel tolerance?? How did you get it into your babies???

Sometimes.... Claire Where is Your Head?? I ask myself.... then I remember my brain has looongg gone to the land of hormones and honey
#622 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 04:02 AM

Taking a break. R has a ton of crap...man he totally took over everything

ugh...

#623 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witt View Post
I forgot to ask him re what happened if I can't get it into Cerys, I forgot she isn't taking a cup: hmmm shall I just take heaps to bowel tolerance?? How did you get it into your babies???
what are you trying to get into her Claire? (awesome about the supportive GP!!)

#624 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMama05 View Post
what are you trying to get into her Claire? (awesome about the supportive GP!!)
Vit C - comes in a powder which is made into drink, tastes like weak cordial!!! It's sodium ascorbate
#625 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Vit C
oh rite! sorry...

mix it into her solids? feed her oranges? hopefully you will figure something out

#626 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMama05 View Post
packing up H's things. not sure how i'm going to manage. everyone who was supportive last year has better things to do this year...I still don't have my license...and no vehicle...

...I feel sick...
Are you guys splitting up again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post

Here's the video of the hysterical bouncing ball I mentioned earlier.
OMG cuteness!! Nathan is on my lap and I think he is in love. You should see the giant grin on his face! He is trying to grab the monitor!!!

Quote:
I have a vit C info sheet with a big explanation about bowel tolerance. Is this common knowledge? Do other people get this info from their GP's (doctors, do you call them GPs in the states?)?? If not, do you want me to post what I have??
I know they've had some talk on the vax board about the fearmongering about that vax in NZ and from what I remember, it is totally unwarranted. I just searched and found a thread you actually started and Mamakay and Suschi had some good info for you
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=588824

No, I would venture say most docs in the US would NOT be giving out vit c advice. You can't write a prescription for it! Probably a homeopath or other alternative doc would have the info but most people don't use those types of doctors here.

I'd love you to post your info if it isn't too much!

As for getting it into her...hmmm...do you have Hyland's products there? They make Vit C tablets (using SA) and they instantly dissolve in the mouth. That's what I've used with the baby so far...

Quote:
Two of my neighbors babies are getting tubes in their ears, they think my SA, vit c, garlic oil is all witch craft or something...I think it is the other way around.
I've cured two ear infections with garlic and mullein oil. Love it!
#627 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 09:42 AM

Jami, So sorry you are having to deal with this.

Claire, count yourself lucky that your doctor knows and informs people about SA. It's not well known in the US and most doctors here would poo-poo the idea that it actually works. There are exceptions, of course, but it is certainly not the rule.

As far as giving it to a baby, you can take a dose about 20 minutes before feeding her. Or you can mix it with some breastmilk and give it with a syringe like you would any other medicine. My older kids drink it with an ounce of orange juice.
#628 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 09:43 AM

claire, dunno but hopefully tanya or cori or someone else w/SA experience will chime in. excellent about the good doc, though.

jjoy good luck getting organized & safe travels-hooray for borrowed ergo!

jami , sorry you are struggling w/this again...

aydensmama, no stinky ears here!

swcook, my seth is very content to stay put also-a seth thing?

ok, hi to everyone else, bbl

#629 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 09:49 AM

ha-too funny, i crossed posted right when tanya and cori were chiming in about the SA-excellent!

#630 of 755 Old 03-23-2007, 10:16 AM

Tanya, I love the video ... so very cute. I love those giggles that never end.

Jami, sounds like you are going through a rough time.

Claire, Sounds like you have one great GP (yes, that's what we call them in the states, but not many are as cool as yours!).

Sounds like I need to stock up on the vit C just to have on hand. DS hasn't gotten sick yet, but it sounds like a cure-all!

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page