Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tanya, what's up?

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#62 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...45#post7450945

Woo! I haven't had mood swings this bad for a long long time. I'm off for a little while, but I'll check back in with you guys later. Thanks for the hugs!! I love you guys!
#63 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 09:17 PM

s Tanya

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#64 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 11:11 PM

Tanya and for ds too!
#65 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 12:20 AM

Tanya

The vacuum...a couple of pages back, ds1 HATES it, crawls into any spaces that are away or under or far away.

I just ordered 4 books from Amazon about vax and the decisions surrounding, and natural health. I would really love to find a natural/homeopathic/holistic pediatrician. Any advice on where to look??? I checked on the hollistic website, but there were not any in the area.

Ds1 is super sick, I am thinking fifths disease or measles. Lots of SA thanks Soap for the info, and fluids and resting. The one good thing is that 2 kids had 2 naps today

Birth control, none here, can't get up the nerve to bite down.

Final thought...health insurance for self employed parents for a baby with loads of health problems at birth SUX: I am going to have to pay high rates on COBRA until it runs out then join the health risk pool for Texas. Any words of widom?

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#66 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 12:36 AM

I'm not sure how to find a homeopath/holistic doc. The only one in the directory in my general area is a Vet. I'm sure kids can be classified as animals, but I doubt they'd buy that.
#67 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydensmama View Post
Tanya

The vacuum...a couple of pages back, ds1 HATES it, crawls into any spaces that are away or under or far away.

I just ordered 4 books from Amazon about vax and the decisions surrounding, and natural health. I would really love to find a natural/homeopathic/holistic pediatrician. Any advice on where to look??? I checked on the hollistic website, but there were not any in the area.

Ds1 is super sick, I am thinking fifths disease or measles. Lots of SA thanks Soap for the info, and fluids and resting. The one good thing is that 2 kids had 2 naps today

Birth control, none here, can't get up the nerve to bite down.

Final thought...health insurance for self employed parents for a baby with loads of health problems at birth SUX: I am going to have to pay high rates on COBRA until it runs out then join the health risk pool for Texas. Any words of widom?
http://drmanso.com/officehouston.html

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...15&postcount=1

these were recommended by people in your tribe
http://www.homeopathyhouston.com/

http://thedrbob.com/ProHealth/HTML/l...TOKEN=68290032

This one however scored the highest number of recommendations - Dr. Rajamma Kalia
#68 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 01:22 AM

this is Dr. Kalia's pediatric office - http://www.nbpedi.com/index.html
#69 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 01:46 AM

Sabbath- you freaking rock thanks!

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#70 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 02:05 AM

ok, now I think I will go broke from just viewing the fees that these docs charge $$$$$

#71 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 02:07 AM

yeah....Dr.'s are certainly expensive. I remember the fee schedule for the ND we were gonna take Autumn too. Ouch, ouch, ouch!!
#72 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamama11 View Post
HI,
I havent gotten my period yet either, which is interesting since I have been weaning my son since Jan. and we officially ended our nursing relationship Feb. 20th....separate story had to wean to follow up on a finding in my right breast, would rather not get into it as it was the hardest thing I have done as a mother..
I have taken 2 pregnancy tests, both negative, because it seems like I should have af by now, especially since Im not nursing...
Sarah
ds1 weaned completely 7/1/05 didnt get af until 7/16/05

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#73 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 09:14 AM

s & guhs tanya, i'm off to read that thread...

oh and am i the only one on the pill?

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#74 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

nope, I'm on the minipill too. Was on the patch before DS, loved it, sad it's coming up with problems. Don't want to do anything more permanant because I presume I'm going to want to get pregnant again within the next year.

my favorite boynton book? no idea. Oh, and I almost forgot my other favorite board book author: Rosemary Wells. She's the one who writes the Max books, anyone know her? love, love, love. Eric Carle is great too, but I don't have any of his books in cardboard (only paper, so they'll have to wait a few years).

I am feeling very proud of myself today because I finally got off my butt and cut up 4 CPF for my mom to serge elastic into, traced my favorite wrap (BSWW) and made 3 pocket fitted diapers out of my stack of receiving blankets (flannel and fleece), and made several doublers out of the scraps. Hopefully I'll be able to put off doing diaper laundry to every three days now, which is great.

so many new people recently. welcome!
#75 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 02:11 PM

Thank you so much for all being so supportive. I am BRCA 1 positive, which is a gene linked to ovarian and breast cancer. My grandma died at 40 from ovarian cancer and we have many other cases of breast cancer in my extended family. Because of all of this I get screened closely. I had my first MRI of my breasts and there was a small finding a few months before I got pregnant. MRI are very sensitive and pick non-malignant things, so most likely I am fine. But, it is better safe than sorry. So....to get an MRI you have to have not been lactacting for 2-3 months. MRI are the best way to monitor breasts in younger women ( I am 28). I am scheduled to have the MRI in the beginning of April and am hopeful that I can relactate after we find out everything is fine. Everyone on this MDC has been very supportive and offerred great suggestions. But now that he is on formula I feel like a bit of an outcast. Some people post things like....all the nasty things in formula....and such. We all know breast is SO MUCH BETTER, but some women have no option but to offer some formula. Also when another women asked for some help with formula, I responded and my post and the entire link was given a warning and pulled off...quite upsetting.
Anyway my purpose with this post was to thank all of you for being so sensitive and caring and welcoming.
I have a question: How many of your babies are eating some solids. My baby still gags when I try to put things in his mouth. We have tried self-feeding as well but he doesn't really have any interest. He is 8 months today.
Also...big news yesterday Charlie pulled himself up to standing. He is so happy, mimicing our sounds, understanding the milk sign...and just wonderful.
Isn't motherhood amazing!
Sarah
#76 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 02:53 PM

We're out troutfishing today. Dh gave me his blackberry to look up something for him. Now I don't want to give it back. They make it way to easy to get hooked on the internet these days.
#77 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 04:16 PM

We gave up on solids. She was just not interested and shaking her head no everytime she saw the spoon. I couldn't feed her but only my mom and dh. Well, that's no fun. So she's **** ebf.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#78 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 05:56 PM

Hey there! I don't have much time (do I ever??), but I wanted to let you all know what was going on and reply to a couple of things.

First - aunt flo??? WHO IS THAT?!?! I haven't had a period in 5 years (on March 27). I still can't believe it! I just keep getting knocked up!

Books - she likes anything she can eat. We do love Sandra Boynton books...but that is mostly me! One of my favorites though is Time for Bed by Mem Fox. It is so sweet.

Weaning - Oh mama, that is just so sad for you. I am sorry that you've been given issues with others about it. Such a heart wrenching decision, I am sure.

Tanya - :guh

Sex after c-section - yeah, it hurt. Tanya gave us some great stuff...i can't remember the name of it and can't go get it to see what it was. but, it is AWESOME

Ok...so, dh got a call yesterday from the company in Indiana and assuming he accepts the offer (which he'll be getting numbers on Monday), they want him to start April 2nd. So, this means that I have 3 weeks to MOVE! Oh my gosh. I think we'll just get an apartment for 3 months or so, and look for a house in the mean time. WOW! This is going so FAST!

Dd is into everything! she is a paper magnet, she'll find paper wherever it is and eat it. She crawls everywhere, pulls herself up and loves to eat cheerios. Today she is the same age that Emma was when she died. It's a hard day. I will be watching her like a hawk all day. Speaking of....I better run!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#79 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 06:23 PM

Kim. She was blessed to have you as a mom.Thinking of you today.

#80 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 09:08 PM

Thinking of you Kim.
#81 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamama11 View Post
How many of your babies are eating some solids.
Mine is still not eating any, but then she's only six months! It think it's perfectly normal to not be interested in solids for a while. Some babies don't become interested closer to a year old. She'll eat them when she's ready. Until then you can just give her some to play with at the table while the family eats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjhwkr View Post

Sex after c-section - yeah, it hurt. Tanya gave us some great stuff...i can't remember the name of it and can't go get it to see what it was. but, it is AWESOME
Kim, I've wanted to ask you if it worked for you, but I guess since it was kind of personal I didn't. I'm SO glad it helped!!! Here's a link for anyone else interested. She has four different things (Knowing, Repair, Restore, and Renew) for different issues. I first tried it because she gave one to each person attending her herbal seminar. I didn't have any other issues at the time, so we chose the knowing. Let's just say dh and I are very pleased with this stuff. I had ordered the repair for after the birth, didn't use it and sent it Kim's way. Just so you know, I don't have any financial stake in this stuff, I'm just a loyal customer.

Dh didn't catch any fish. Although I wish he had...trout are so yummy. We walked the trails and took the kids to the playground near the dam, too. Fun but everyone is exhausted.
#82 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 10:26 PM

Sounds like a fun day, Tanya.

Thinking of lil Emma today.
#83 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 10:35 PM

s kim! and ack on the quick move, but you can do it!! crazy, but you can do it!!

seamama-sorry you are receiving some snark re your ff situations s on that and btdt as ds1 is adopted and i was pregnant w/ds2 so didn't want to try and lactate then and then chickened out once ds2 was so demanding at the boob (i had intended to try and tandem but pumped a bit for him, anyway, i digress)...i do understand the formula vibes you describe! hope relactation goes smoothly-tanya is a great resource!

ok, crying babe, gotta run, hi to everyone else!
kel

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#84 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 10:51 PM
~pi

Sarah. I hope you get nothing but the best news from the MRI, and that you are able to relactate afterwards. For what it's worth, if you read the Methods sections of most of the research showing the benefits of breastfeeding, many of them have as inclusion criteria for breastfed groups infants who were breastfed on the order of six months or so. So while there are also documented advantages to bfing longer, Charlie clearly got a great start with the length of time you were able to nurse him.

DS is eating some solids. We ignored his readiness signs for a while but finally admitted that he was clearly ready and we were just being lazy. He has had avocado, sweet potato, oatmeal cereal and banana. We are thinking about trying chunks of tinned pear next.

Kim. Good luck with the move! Wow, that's fast!!

Tanya, were you posting while troutfishing? Glad to hear you had a great day!

#85 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 10:57 PM

Does paper count as a solid? If so, DS is all over it

Sarah. You have to put what's best for your FAMILY first. I'm sorry you've gotten grief, like it wasn't a hard enough decision to make. Hoping for good news with the MRI.

Kim, what a bittersweet day for your and your DD. A great milestone to pass, but Thinking of Emma today.

Tanya, too bad on the trout

Ethan is 7 months old today!
#86 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 10:59 PM

Oh, and on solids... we did squash, then nothing (forgot for a week) then sweet potatoes, then broccoli, and then : pizza crust. Biggest hit yet.
#87 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 11:07 PM
~pi

:

I forgot about paper in my list. Technically, DS' first solid was a beer coaster.

#88 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 11:07 PM

Hey guys ... I posted on the birth board but havent joined in on your posts here yet.

AF came back in Jan.: just like clock work since then as usual & not any different really. DD still breastfeeds just as much if not more so I was surprised it came back so soon

~Tia~ Mom to 3 girls
#89 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
Sarah. I hope you get nothing but the best news from the MRI, and that you are able to relactate afterwards. For what it's worth, if you read the Methods sections of most of the research showing the benefits of breastfeeding, many of them have as inclusion criteria for breastfed groups infants who were breastfed on the order of six months or so. So while there are also documented advantages to bfing longer, Charlie clearly got a great start with the length of time you were able to nurse him.
:
Maria said everything I wanted to say. I can't imagine having to make that choice. On one side the genetic predisposition and breastfeeding (all the protective effects) on the other. I've read the same thing....that the research has shown significant protective effects from nursing half a year. It has a dosage effect, so the longer you breastfeed the more the risk decreases. But I seem to recall a significant jump from 2 months to 6 months of breastfeeding. But other things like pregnancy also have an impact from what I understand, and well, apparently you've done that!

Oh, and yes I posted while troutfishing!! Well, technically I was keeping kids dry and from drowning while dh fished. He was given a blackberry for work recently, and wanted me to look up something for him. It was my first time using it. And of course I came here.
#90 of 755 Old 03-03-2007, 11:59 PM

Tanya. You're not an addict to us at all. Nope.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page