member!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: :

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#123 of 755 Old 03-04-2007, 11:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats Kelly on being a senior.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#124 of 755 Old 03-04-2007, 11:59 PM

:
Yaaaaay! Seen yer member.

I think "Guatemama" rules.
#125 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 12:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlywaaz View Post
ok, I get the bad mom award for the day.
but no bad mamas here! We're all mothers of the year in the July 06 DDC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillMtnMama View Post
In addition, i have found that i, even when keeping my mouth shut, become a threat. Somehow people like this tend to view my natural parenting style as an indictment of theirs. This also naturally creates a distance.
You said this much better than I could have. You are so right...it seems to be an unspoken statement when you do things different from them, no matter how non-judgmental we try to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytomahmoud View Post

she said that boy is never going to get out of ur bed he will be their until he is 20
Yeah, because there is a problem today with 20 year olds unable to leave their parents' beds.

, Tricia for dealing with the sickies!

And Kim, way to go on and you rock for boosting our thread's posts!!

Juice ~ Seen-yer member :
#126 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 12:13 AM

Congrats Kelly, it will be years before I reach a senior member.

FAV sling site www.rockingbabysling.com or www.hotslings.com

ouch trisha, hope you heal soon.

no vomiting in 4 hours or so......:

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#127 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 12:27 AM

I knew I missed someone with the !

Here's one for you, too, aydensmama for the sickies!!!

#128 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 01:09 AM
~pi

nak

woo-hoo, kelly! love the title.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#129 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 02:58 AM

just did the last page nak so bear w/me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
Oh, and on solids... we did squash, then nothing (forgot for a week) then sweet potatoes, then broccoli, and then : pizza crust. Biggest hit yet.
we did babyfood a couple of times then just fed him off our plates
Quote:
Ethan is 7 months old today!
happy 7 mos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk_mum View Post
AF came back in Jan.: just like clock work since then as usual & not any different really. DD still breastfeeds just as much if not more so I was surprised it came back so soon
i got mine in OCTOBER nursing 12+x a day AND pumping 2-3x at work
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
Can you just picture it? Two older kids playing at water's edge, dh casting and me wandering around with the baby strapped to me and I'm posting on MDC. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMike View Post
Hello everyone. I'm new to posting in the July thread. I always mean to, but I procrastinate. I tend to be a thread killer, too, so I'm always reluctant.
im an invisible thread killer there is a tribe in fyt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarenka View Post
I'm back from Morocco!! It was really amazing,{snip}
Birth control - am I the only one using condoms?
i'm glad you enjoyed yourself! we are using condoms (fam) and we prefer them to everything else
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD View Post
CIO is a form of emotional abuse,
{snip}
I will gladly choose not to be friends with someone if our basic parenting styles just DO NOT align. To me, often times, how they treat their children has been an accurate portrayal of how they treat themselves and others in their lives.
ITA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
Just saying :

ETA-apparently it wasn't the last page but I only responded to one page!

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#130 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 11:31 AM

Kelly, have to say I love the "guatemama" title too! Reminded me that your first ds is Guatemalan! I was in the Peace Corps in Guatemala from 93-95 and the country holds a strong, fond place in my heart. And yaaaay for :1000 and !!! It is amazing the quantity of good things you can now access.

There's Jami workin' the multiquote thang!!! You go girl!

Had a hard night...baby mucho wakies and then Sol (almost 3, also in bed w/me) was snortin' n snufflin' with a cold--asks for water at 3 am. I go get it. 5 am, she sits up screaming OUUUUUUCH!!! and clutching her (what I now know was her) bladder and as I begin to take off her jammies she explodes wetly all over us, the bed, the floor en route to the bathroom, etc...I'm thinking it's diarrhea and am sooo relieved to see it's pee.

And I have a meeting with my boss this morning, whom I never see (lives in NYC). So, yes, nervous, hope I'm doing okay, etc etc. He is the owner of this house which is my job--to get it rented out as a retreat center. Has not happened yet, just now getting it "out there" (advertising). If any of you or your dhs or anyone has a business or executive or spiritual retreat, or family reunion event type thing, this is the perfect place. Truly lovely.
#131 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 11:52 AM

Good luck with your meeting, Elsanne! That is a beautiful place! I don't remember pics when you first mentioned your dream job a while back.

Good morning, all! It's Monday and I'm tired after a night filled with baby sniffles and a bit of teething thrown in for good measure. I can feel little bumps in her gums now, so it won't be long! I think she's working on four!
#132 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwickmama View Post

Congrats. BTW, I love how you boosted your own post count as well as ours!

Quote:
but no bad mamas here! We're all mothers of the year in the July 06 DDC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydensmama View Post
Thanks for the links, they are GREAT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
And I have a meeting with my boss this morning, whom I never see (lives in NYC). So, yes, nervous, hope I'm doing okay, etc etc. He is the owner of this house which is my job--to get it rented out as a retreat center. Has not happened yet, just now getting it "out there" (advertising). If any of you or your dhs or anyone has a business or executive or spiritual retreat, or family reunion event type thing, this is the perfect place. Truly lovely.
That house looks so serene! Definitely a great place for a retreat!

Mounds of laundry to be done and I have a bad case of the Mondays! Argh!

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#133 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 12:45 PM

Good morning!

Spring has sprung here, as have the allergies :
#134 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Birth control - am I the only one using condoms? (Well, dh is!) I really hate the things but don't fancy the alternatives either. It's almost enough to make me want to be pregnant again....!
Nope- we are, I am still so new to FAM that I am freaked that I will catch that first PP egg!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjhwkr View Post
First - aunt flo??? WHO IS THAT?!?! I haven't had a period in 5 years (on March 27). I still can't believe it! I just keep getting knocked up! !
NICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjhwkr View Post
Today she is the same age that Emma was when she died. It's a hard day. I will be watching her like a hawk all day. Speaking of....I better run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamama11 View Post
I have a question: How many of your babies are eating some solids.Sarah
Just a little here and there

Quote:
I was at a purse party yesterday and a mama, (my friend) was bragging about how her 3 mth old slept 14 hours, because she didnt pick her up when she cried after a month. I do not know why I cannot say anything in situations like this. Do you guys? Also, do you remain friends with very maintstream moms?
I have no friends! No really- I still haven't met anyone since I moved down here 2 1/2 years ago. That's ok though- I am kinda a homebody anyway.
I am just to shy to go out and meet people. And it is really hard for me to be friends with people who are mainstream- It makes me so unbelievably sad for their babies .Its probably good that I just stick around MDC!
#135 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmybabies View Post
I have no friends! No really- I still haven't met anyone since I moved down here 2 1/2 years ago. That's ok though- I am kinda a homebody anyway.
I am just to shy to go out and meet people. And it is really hard for me to be friends with people who are mainstream- It makes me so unbelievably sad for their babies .Its probably good that I just stick around MDC!
One way I met some like minded mamas was on the Find Your Tribe section here on MDC. I've met about 5 other mamas in my area and I keep in very regular contact with one of them. Even homebodies need friends! Make a post there for a get-together and see who responds.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#136 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewaneecook View Post
One way I met some like minded mamas was on the Find Your Tribe section here on MDC. I've met about 5 other mamas in my area and I keep in very regular contact with one of them. Even homebodies need friends! Make a post there for a get-together and see who responds.
That's a good idea- In fact, I did meet a mama that lives down here and she owns an online cloth diaper store. I have plans to eventually get together with her, but she just had a baby a few weeks ago so I am giving her a little time to recoup. I live about 1/2 hour from the Phoenix area so I am sure there are probably tons of mom's around there on MDC!
#137 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 02:38 PM

We have two window boxes in back under the kitchen and bath windows. Last year, some small birds built a nest inside them under my seedling trays. By the time we found out, there were already eggs, so we left them alone. It was fun for ds and dd to see the eggs and eventually the birds as they hatched, fell out of the nest and then the abandoned nest.

This morning I was washing some dishes when the same kind of bird landed on the box and stood there looking at me with a beakful of stuff for the nest. The thing is, I really wanted to put flowers in there this year. Should I clean it out and shoo them away? Or should I wait for flowers until the nest is empty?
#138 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 02:58 PM

I keep checking in and wanting to do a proper multiquote response to those with sore nipples and baby sniffles and etc etc but it hasn't happened today - dd took a flying head dive out of the high chair which was all my fault: and I have been sticking to her like glue all day.

Hugs all and Elsanne - I'm sure it will be fine.
#139 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:

I was at a purse party yesterday and a mama, (my friend) was bragging about how her 3 mth old slept 14 hours, because she didnt pick her up when she cried after a month. I do not know why I cannot say anything in situations like this. Do you guys? Also, do you remain friends with very maintstream moms?
I have such a hard time with this. Two of my good friends did CIO. I let them know that I didn't agree with it and could never do that to my babies. I think that what I said was, "I could never do that to my babies. It just doesn't make any sense to me to put them in a room by themselves and let them cry." We are still friends, so I guess I didn't offend them too much. they know where I stand and I know where they stand. We just try not to talk about it.

Quote:

Wow, that's a really interesting thought. I hadn't considered that aspect, but I think you're onto something big. I try to respect my kids as little humans, rather than see them as needy or inconvenient. I'm having a much bigger thought than I can articulate right now. Like a paradigm shift almost. Sorry I can't get the words out, but thank you for the insight there.
: Sabbath, you have opened up a new way of thinking for me. Well, not new, just a different perspective. Lots to think about. And you thought you'd get flamed. HA!

Quote:
ok, I get the bad mom award for the day. Last night, I was sitting up at the edge of the bed nursing DS around 2 a.m., and next thing I know he's on his stomach on the tile floor screaming. At the time I knew how it happened, but don't remember now (I do know I didn't doze off, but can't figure out if he stretched or slipped or what). He calmed down pretty quickly, but had a fat lip and a blood blister this morning to show for it. Luckily he didn't act any differently today than any other, but oh the guilt.

in other news, I'm in a tank top and shorts today and about to go play with ds in the grass Gotta love sicily in March.
Don't you love Mommy Guilt?? Oh, and I am SO jealous of your weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillMtnMama View Post
a

I have found that people who treat their children as inconveniences tend to treat other people in their lives poorly as well. They tend not to be great friends anyway, so ultimately, a distance forms.

In addition, i have found that i, even when keeping my mouth shut, become a threat. Somehow people like this tend to view my natural parenting style as an indictment of theirs. This also naturally creates a distance.

i work very hard at being nonjudgemental. it is one of my personal goals. But when i feel that emotional neglect of a child is involved, it becomes nearly impossible, even if I never actually say anything outloud.

Liz
: to all of that. Very well put Liz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwickmama View Post

WAHOO Kelly!! And, I LOVE your title!! I'm still trying to think of a good one for me.

Thank you all for the s and :guhs. Truly, I love this board. We got through the day without incidence and A is now older than E was. It is a bittersweet milestone. Always is.

We still don't know when we're moving. Hopefully dh will get the official offer (ie numbers) today. We're hoping to go on a house hunting trip this weekend and move the weekend of the 19th. We'll see though! EEK!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#140 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 03:13 PM

I have lots to respond to, but no time now. I must get this house in order in the next 2 weeks before my trip. Tanya~ I totally seey our dilemna. I guess I'd vote for waiting till the nest is empty. But i could see not wanting to give up your flowers again. Tough choice.

So I went to whole foods yesterday to get some probiotics for Mattie. She is still constipated. I've gotten one poop in 2 weeks and I'm beginning to really feel worried. Thinking that it may be a result of antibiotics, I thought I'd try to restore her intestinal flora. There's one lady that's very helpful, but she was not there this week. So I asked the lady I found a couple questions. I was looking at one brand that I've used with Emma that worked out well, but didn't know what the dosage should be for Mattie. She told me I should try this other probiotc that's a powder. She said I could just mix with her formula and put it in her bottle. I said she doesn't have a bottle, I'll just take this kind. And I left. I feel very unsettled about it. I'm unsure of what I should do with this. I probably should have sad something to the woman, but I was so shocked. I get that verywhere else-the assumption that I ff, but at whole foods, I guess I expect that people would assume I bf, particularly someone working there. Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#141 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Mason slept from 7pm to 6:30am : Not a peep, I kept checking on him, I am not to be fooled though, this will not last.

I am so jealous. The most I've ever gotten is 5 hours, and I was awake for ALL of it because of a nasty cold.

I have many mainstream friends and they all refer to me (in their heads, but I can see it) as the crunchy/weird one. Abuse of any sort makes me physically ill, but because I don't want to totally alienate anyone, the most I can do is state how I approach a given situation with my DS and hope they keep asking questions or see the point I'm trying to get across. I've had many many people say what a great baby I have and then in the next breath imply that I'm not parenting them the "right" way because I do x or don't do y. What is up with that?
Quote:
dd took a flying head dive out of the high chair which was all my fault: and I have been sticking to her like glue all day.
is it bad that that made me feel a little better? I am just so glad that DS will not remember all the mishaps from these first years but will instead grow up knowing that he is loved and cared for on every level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
She said I could just mix with her formula and put it in her bottle. I said she doesn't have a bottle, I'll just take this kind. And I left. I feel very unsettled about it. I'm unsure of what I should do with this. I probably should have sad something to the woman, but I was so shocked. I get that verywhere else-the assumption that I ff, but at whole foods, I guess I expect that people would assume I bf, particularly someone working there. Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive.
oh yeah, people are always surprised, whether mildly or overtly when they realize that I'm still pretty much EBF and that I am ok with that. Sad that formula is the norm, even in whole foods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Had a hard night...baby mucho wakies and then Sol (almost 3, also in bed w/me) was snortin' n snufflin' with a cold--asks for water at 3 am. I go get it. 5 am, she sits up screaming OUUUUUUCH!!! and clutching her (what I now know was her) bladder and as I begin to take off her jammies she explodes wetly all over us, the bed, the floor en route to the bathroom, etc...I'm thinking it's diarrhea and am sooo relieved to see it's pee.
tell this story to her first boyfriend and then you'll be even. Of course, she'll probably hate you for it, but at least you won't have thatparticular boy to worry about ever again ;-)
#142 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Tanya~ I totally seey our dilemna. I guess I'd vote for waiting till the nest is empty. But i could see not wanting to give up your flowers again. Tough choice.
Actually the nest is still under construction. That's why I'm undecided. If it were already inhabited by little eggs, I'd just wait. I guess I still have the other window box...
#143 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 06:47 PM

Quote:
I

is it bad that that made me feel a little better?
not at all! glad to be of service!!

Tanya - I think the birds come first.

I haven't thought really to divide my friends into non-mainstream/mainstream, whatever. I know they all love their kids and do their best. I have sometimes felt really uneasy with the way one of them (funnily enough a real proponent of EBF) treated her dc, it comes under discipline I suppose, it was like she needed total control, and she would get quite hysterical when he didn't comply. It was clearly her mental problem, but it was very hard to watch. I was just as good to her dc as I could be, and explained how I was trying to be with my dd and how incredibly difficult I found it too.
There is more distance maybe between us, but no less affection, if that makes any sense...
#144 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Actually the nest is still under construction.
even potential birds!!
#145 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Actually the nest is still under construction. That's why I'm undecided. If it were already inhabited by little eggs, I'd just wait. I guess I still have the other window box...

personally i'd try to figure out the kind of bird and go from there-if it's a protected songbird, i'd let them be and just enjoy watching the babies grow-if it's a predatory nonnative species like house wren, house sparrow or starling, i'd remove and takeover the box! i'm pretty hardcore about protecting my native songbirds-bc (before children) i was in charge of a bluebird trail...but that's probably more than you wanted to know...

#146 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 07:18 PM

Hmm. I'm not sure what kind it is. I know it's not a songbird. It's small and brown. It's not bigger than the length of my hand. It's nest from last year was small enough to cup in my hands. I'm probably going to leave it alone. It just doesn't give me the predatory vibe, IYKWIM. But they sure did make a lot of noise whenever we would take a peek at the nest. Should have seen dh jump when we first found it last year! : He got too close not knowing the mama was there and she flew out really fast.
#147 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 07:26 PM

sounds like i'd leave it too!

#148 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 07:27 PM

Mira---you FUNNY! That's a good idea (the boyfriend thing).
#149 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 08:50 PM

Peeking in from h#ll! I will catch up on the posts I missed later tonight.

Mason is sooooooo sickkkkkkkkoooooooo:

I got thrown up on 7 times in the last 36 hours. Lots of diaherra, no sleep from 10:30 pm-5:30am. Then I got three hours before hubby took off to Vail to go snowboaridng with his brother. (free trip, very lat minute) I am terribly sad and depressed that my support system left me here to deal with the hard stuff (two sicko kids).

We went to the doc today so I could rest easy tonight without worrying about dehydration, and they said we are at the bridge between dehydration and on our way out. He is SOOOOOOOOO lethargic, maybe picked his head up like 5 times today. Just started nursing strong again, so that should make him feel better.

Have a good night ladies, and thanks for letting me vent about the hubby who has no clue. (last night he asked why we can't just let the baby fuss, and I responded with um cause he will throw up, choke and could get hurt choking : ) Maybe it was sleep talking but I was pissed, he should of taken over:

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#150 of 755 Old 03-05-2007, 09:14 PM

s aydensmama! that sux!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page