Forum Jump: 

#181 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewaneecook View Post
How's the poo?
: What a great question. It reminds me of thread Quagmire once started, called "How's your perineum?", and she said she was going to try to work that into casual conversation.

Seriously, though, I'm glad to hear the elimination diet is going so well! It's so much easier to stay with something when you can really see the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
GAH! Okay already! And what about her uncovered feet? And her uncovered head? The fact that she is not dressed for the snow in 80 degree heat? WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE WRONGS I COMMIT AS A MOTHER HMMMM?????
Yeah. I've given up on other people's standards. Here, where it is very cold, people are always fretting that DS is underdressed. He isn't - he's a heatmaking machine, and if I put too much on him he gets all sweaty and that's worse in the cold, IMO. I just take comfort in knowing that I know him best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD View Post
It has it's drawbacks, but the worse one to date is how hard it is to listen to a baby crying and feel the way I feel while I having a migraine. It's unbelievable how hard it is to keep your cool. Ahh. The joys of motherhood eh?
I Can Not Imagine. I'm so sorry! Uuuuuugh!
Did you have any head or neck trauma as a kid?
The only other thing I can think of would be a dietary sensitivity (esp. to artificial sweeteners) but given the fact that you posted the above link, I'm guessing you're aware of those things I know you didn't ask for advice, I just hate to see a mama in pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydensmama View Post
We are getting better today. It is very obvious today that this is going to keep us down under for a couple of weeks! Thanks everyone for the hugs. My mom came and helped out a little so I could wash out the vomit, and she helped with baths and dishes! I am still very mad at the hubby :
So glad things are improving.
And yes, acidophilus is one type of probiotic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 05:41 PM

If I am correct, probiotics contains multiple types of good bacteria. The one I get for my girls has acidopholus and L. casei. ACidopholus is just one kind of good bacteria, often found in yogurt. It helps keep the yeastys away.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#183 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 05:43 PM

Juicy~do you have any advice on our poop situation? Short of getting her adjusted. We just can't. I've cried about it and comes to terms with it. Is there any other option for her?

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#184 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Really, you sort of get to a point where you have an optimal level, and an operational level, LOL!
That's gotta be tough. More for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
: What a great question. It reminds me of thread Quagmire once started, called "How's your perineum?", and she said she was going to try to work that into casual conversation.

Seriously, though, I'm glad to hear the elimination diet is going so well! It's so much easier to stay with something when you can really see the results.
Glad I could give you a chuckle! The "How's your perineum?" thread was one of my favorites as well. Speaking of which, mine's doing fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Juicy~do you have any advice on our poop situation? Short of getting her adjusted. We just can't. I've cried about it and comes to terms with it. Is there any other option for her?
Have you done any abdominal massage with her? Follow the colon starting with her lower right side, just above the hip bone and trace the colon straight up to just below the ribs, then straight over to the L side of her body and down toward the hip bone. It helps to use oil (olive oil works just fine). When doing abdominal massage, always work in a clockwise direction to help get things flowing.

Here's a website that gives a better description:
http://www.americanbaby.com/ab/story...ef=AB17&page=2

Quote:
Tummy
1. Hold your hand so your pinky's edge can move like a paddle across your baby's belly. Starting at the base of the rib cage, stroke down with one hand, then the other, in a paddle-wheel-like motion.

2. Massage her abdomen with your fingertips in a circular, clockwise motion.

3. Do the "I Love U" stroke: Trace the letter I down your baby's left side. Then trace an inverted L, stroking across the belly along the base of her ribs from her right side to her left and down. Trace an inverted U, stroking from low on the baby's right side, up and around the navel, and down the left side.

4. Walk your fingers around her navel, clockwise.

5. Hold knees and feet together and gently press knees up toward her abdomen. Rotate baby's hips around a few times to the right. (This often helps expel gas.)

6. Place hand on tummy horizontally and rock your hand from side to side a few times. Note: Avoid massaging tummy if the cord hasn't completely healed.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#185 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 06:10 PM

Is everyone doing kegels?
Hold ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5. And release ... Repeat as needed.

#186 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 06:25 PM

Thanks Laura, I'm going to try that in a little bit. I'm really starting to feel a little worried about her. She's been a bit crabby today. Doesn't want me to leave her sight, even if I'm in her distant sight. mostly she's herself, just a little off.

#187 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 06:40 PM

Okay, we have achieved poopage,s o now I can totally stop worrying. She was sitting in the highchair and let out a big heart-broken cry. I was in the other room for a second and figured Emma made her mad by taking something form her. I got her out as we were pretty much finished with lunch. i put her on the floor right in front of me to play. I read some posts, and then posted. And then I smelled something and Emma was not nearby. I checked and we had a big mess. Yay! Who knew I would one day be excited about poop? She had a big, claylike poop about the size of my hand without my fingers, that thickness too and a bunch of bf baby poop too. So I'm thinking that was our culprit. Sorry for the yucky deets. I have no conversation filters. So thank for the advice. i think I'm still gonna massage her belly tonight before bed, just to encourage things to stay on track. Plus, I'm going to keep on the probiotics. I think I'll stop with laxatives and give her a two or three day break from prunes and see how it goes. With all that I was doing, i'm not sure what worked. Honestly, it may have been nothing I did. Anyway, i'll keep all interested parties posted. Thanks for listening.

#188 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 07:12 PM

: Doing the poopy dance of joy! :

#189 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 07:35 PM

Thanks for the excitement. Who knew poop could make your day?

#190 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 07:43 PM

Jjoy, so glad your poo issue seems resolved. I'd ditto everything you just said - give her system a rest and see how things evven out over the next few days.

Kegel... kegel... um, is that the thing that makes it so I don't pee every time I sneeze? :
#191 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Kegel... kegel... um, is that the thing that makes it so I don't pee every time I sneeze? :
'tis why I posted the above reminder! :

#192 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 08:11 PM

I am doing SO MUCH BETTER today.

Thanks you everyone, I so appreciate the support and love. More than you realize. I know I am a long way from normal, but so much better today.

JJuice, no head trauma, just unexplainable migraines. Well, hold on. I did. When I was living in Alaska we lived in a town where a lot of houses were joined by these boardwalk things and I was running across one of those one time, and fell off of it (under the railing) and fell about 15 feet onto a rock, and had 15 stitches in my head.

I guess that qualifies. And apparently it gave me amnesia too, sheesh. Forgot about that. No Chiro has ever asked me that before!! You are good.....
#193 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 10:02 PM

Every day, I wish Juice would hold me in her arms,

and crack the stuffin' out of me. No, but seriously! I have this NECK thing. It's never right. T-1 & -2 are always askew. (t-1! are you impressed, juice? unless I have them wrong!)

Sab, I betcha that that has a lot to do with things. You think it's all done & healed, and betcha dollars to donuts it's not over! What a spill that must've been, eh?

Laura, *squeeze*, thanks for the reminder. *squeeze* I have a semi-schedule where I nurse down the girls for the night and that's when I do the elevator-up exercises.

JoyofPoop, I am so glad she went! That must be such a relief for both of you.
#194 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 10:03 PM

OH, shoot. I think T-1 is wrong, because they're the cervical bunch, aw jeez...I was kind of sleeping through all my chiropractic classes :
#195 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 10:07 PM

elsanne, you crack me up

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#196 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
JoyofPoop
: : :

#197 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
I got thrown up on 7 times in the last 36 hours. Lots of diaherra, no sleep from 10:30 pm-5:30am. Then I got three hours before hubby took off to Vail to go snowboaridng with his brother. (free trip, very lat minute) I am terribly sad and depressed that my support system left me here to deal with the hard stuff (two sicko kids).
oh my! and here I was complaining to myself that I got thrown up on (or splash rebound effect) three times today... and my DH got home by 3 pm to help ... plus, it was my toddler lulu who was sick, not gingi. Anyway, that is all to say... BIG hug to you aydensmama.... I don't know if I would have let my DH go. I hope Mason's better VERY soon and you are a great, great mom staying so close. Unsung heroes are we, moms of sick babes!

Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#198 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 11:14 PM

Quote:
We are doing.....okay. She is currently napping. Took me a while, but finally got her to sleep. I think that more of this is me, and not so much her. Sure she is high needs, but why does that apparently make it difficult? It doesn't, it's just different. Not harder, just different. I am hoping that if I can get myself under control with the anti-depressants and the therapy for the PPD, that I will be better equipped to properly respond to her, and her needs. Here's hopin!! Thanks for asking!
sabbath- for what it's worth: my first daughter is high needs, and my second is not. What a difference. A child who is "MORE" is SO wonderful, but the parenting experience is so different than that of an easy=peasy baby likie I have now. I used to think, during the first year with lulu, my eldest, it's me. Why I am I so tired? Why to I get to a breaking point so easily with her.... well, now, having had gingy, I see how much more work you have to do if you are sharing your life with a MORE! baby!! I just want to say, don't ever compare yourself to other moms, some of us (like me this time around) have these babies that take literally HALF the effort that babes like yours do. You may be doing the equivalent of having twins... If you ever (dare) to have another child... you may see. Just like I have. And what a relief that has been.

This is not to discount PPd, but sometimes I think PPD is a RATionAL reponse to a difficult situation....!! How's that!

Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#199 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
I was running across one of those one time, and fell off of it (under the railing) and fell about 15 feet onto a rock, and had 15 stitches in my head.

I guess that qualifies.
: Not AT you, at all, but everyone forgets. That's why I have to ask. We all want our history to be This Week - I can't tell you how many people I see who say, "But I didn't DO anything!", and when I ask more, they say, "Well, I did have a toilet explode underneath me, but that was years ago, it cant possibly have anything to do with my sciatica."

And yes, that qualifies. I wish I could come over there and adjust you myself but it's kinda far.

Quote:
Words I do not hear often enough.

Quote:
and crack the stuffin' out of me. No, but seriously! I have this NECK thing. It's never right. T-1 & -2 are always askew. (t-1! are you impressed, juice? unless I have them wrong!)
*swoosh, swoosh, cut, paste, meld two posts together*
OH, shoot. I think T-1 is wrong, because they're the cervical bunch, aw jeez...I was kind of sleeping through all my chiropractic classes :
I *am* impressed. 'Specially since though T1 & 2 are technically not the neck, many many neck problems actually are caused by them. It's a pyramid thing - imagine the base or platform being out of whack, and then trying to balance a pencil on that, with a bowling ball on top. So T1 and 2 are probably even more important than you think.

And sadly, I wouldn't crack you. I use a crazy voodoo technique, where we don't crack people and we expect the person's body to do most of the work. Its amazing (IMO). If'n ya really want to know, you could find info about it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillMtnMama View Post
I used to think, during the first year with lulu, my eldest, it's me. Why I am I so tired? Why to I get to a breaking point so easily with her.... well, now, having had gingy, I see how much more work you have to do if you are sharing your life with a MORE! baby!! I just want to say, don't ever compare yourself to other moms, some of us (like me this time around) have these babies that take literally HALF the effort that babes like yours do. You may be doing the equivalent of having twins... If you ever (dare) to have another child... you may see. Just like I have. And what a relief that has been.
This is SO TRUE. My first DD - wow. She would nurse every 45 minutes AT NIGHT. It was so intense, we even tried CIO - ONE TIME, two minutes, she threw up all over herself and the crib and I *still* have not forgiven myself. But that showed me that she was just who she was, and she had needs, and my abandoning them wasn't going to do her any favors. So I guess I learned something good from it, and I never ever ever had any second thoughts about being there for her. I couldn't always comfort her, but I could always be there. It was so hard, though. SO HARD. And now, my third baby (yes, I am that crazy!!) is so so so easy. I truly feel now, that if I were presented with another high-needs babe, I would take it so much less personally, and I wish I could have known that with my first. I think I would have been more able to meet here where *she* needed to be met, rather than search for solutions that likely didn't exist.
#200 of 755 Old 03-06-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
o Unsung heroes are we, moms of sick babes!

Liz
*singing to the unsung*

Quote:

And sadly, I wouldn't crack you. I use a crazy voodoo technique,
Yaaaay! Oh, could I even like you MORE???? I just don't know! Because now I am all about this, which I didn't know had a name, that this one guy here in town (a massage/bodyworker) does, and he convinced me that the alignment stays longer when the body adjusts itself as gently coaxed by the practitioner.
*sigh* Juuuuuice....I sing unto theeeeeeeeee....
#201 of 755 Old 03-07-2007, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Okay, we have achieved poopage
Yeah for pooping. That can be hard, I do wish I had your problem though

Quote:
and crack the stuffin' out of me.
That would be heaven!

Quote:
oh my! and here I was complaining to myself that I got thrown up on (or splash rebound effect) three times today... and my DH got home by 3 pm to help ... plus, it was my toddler lulu who was sick, not gingi. Anyway, that is all to say... BIG hug to you aydensmama.... I don't know if I would have let my DH go. I hope Mason's better VERY soon and you are a great, great mom staying so close. Unsung heroes are we, moms of sick babes!
Thanks so much. I did not necessarily let him go, he kept saying should I go, I won't go, well maybe I'll go, and I did not respond. I did not want to validate him either way. He should of made the right decision IMO. I am super upset with him to say the least. Thanks and I really hope that Lulu feels better and it doesn't keep up or pass to the babe!

Look at me, I learned how to qoute!!!!!!! :

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#202 of 755 Old 03-07-2007, 01:31 AM

Juice~ that's how our chiro does it. Oh how I wish i could take my girls in, or to you. And myself, I couldn't even begin to dream that big. My C3 always goes out because I'm a belly sleeper. I tried to program my girls to not be belly sleepers. i turned Emma over till she was 13 months. She always flipped back over within a minute. i've given up with mattie. It must be a gene. My lower back is also always off and I have one hip that is usually out. Anyway, enough about my back.....

#203 of 755 Old 03-07-2007, 01:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

JoyofPoop
Oh, that's a DDDDC just screaming for attention. : But so glad that she's had a BM!

If Juice were my chiro, I'd see her three times a week. :

Maybe if we keep asking about Amy and Pavlina they'll check in??? :

I won't be around much the rest of the week. Major things happening with our bill. My house must be cleaned tomorrow for my SIL to watch my dd1 on Thursday while the baby and I go to the house committee hearing. If it passes committee on Thursday, it could be on the House floor for a vote as soon as Friday!! Then on to the Senate....
#204 of 755 Old 03-07-2007, 02:04 AM

Juice, i would go see you too if you weren't that far. My chiro doesn't crack either, he uses a dif equipement tho than you. Dont know what's it called.

talking about belly sleeper, dd3 was a belly sleeper until she got sick. Now she sleeps on her back. It feels totally weird to put her on her back and see her fall asleep like that.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#205 of 755 Old 03-07-2007, 02:11 AM

Just have to take a moment to show....

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...0/000_0073.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...0/100_1459.jpg (he loves his sling so much he crawls around in it!)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...0/100_1417.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...0/100_1470.jpg (STUCK- howd I get here)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1.../100_14411.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...0/100_1387.jpg

I was posting pics in the cosleeping thread, and I got carried away

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#206 of 755 Old 03-07-2007, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Oh Oh!! I gotta tell you, cause someone just saw it in one of my pics and told me. That teething ring that's on the carpet to the right of the saucer, has been recalled. Hazard with the ring part breaking and beads becoming choking hazards. Thought you should know!!
#207 of 755 Old 03-07-2007, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

of topic, but oh well: my mom heard a rumor that used cd's are now banned from ebay because of risk of disease. can it be? anyone have a link? how crazy is that?!

great pics, aydensma, I love the first one!
#208 of 755 Old 03-07-2007, 05:52 AM

Quote:
I am doing SO MUCH BETTER today.
:

Quote:
sabbath- for what it's worth: my first daughter is high needs, and my second is not. What a difference.
This is not to discount PPd, but sometimes I think PPD is a RATionAL reponse to a difficult situation....!! How's that!

I have the same experience, and totally agree that PPD can be a rational response to a situation which no one was designed to cope with alone. To me, Sabbath, when I read through your thread (and didn't respond - sorry - babe getting into everything) what struck me the most was loneliness. That you need people around, physically around, maybe it's even worth cutting down on internet friends in order to pull out all the stops and get yourself surrounded by some real life women?? Or maybe that's just my advice to myself! certainly witt's question was on the nail - what do YOU need.

Quote:
if I were presented with another high-needs babe, I would take it so much less personally, and I wish I could have known that with my first. I think I would have been more able to meet here where *she* needed to be met, rather than search for solutions that likely didn't exist.
:

aydensmama - love the pics, and mad at your dh for you. I must say, in your place I would have said something while he was deciding. Like "I cannot possibly do this alone and I need you"!!

I say this quite a lot :

Joy - yay for the poop!! Please don't install conversational filters. I like you the way you are!!
#209 of 755 Old 03-07-2007, 06:40 AM
WNB

Baby seems to be doing wonderfully. She's got more energy, and needs less sleep, than ever. This is taking its predictable toll on mom, who has pretty much the same energy and sleep needs as she did prior to this amazing burst in baby productivity.

Side note: I think I missed the official notice that the verb "to give" was removed from the English language. I have read so many instances of the NOUN "gift" being used as a verb in the past couple days, it is driving my inner stickler crazy. "I was gifted..." when the writer doesn't mean "I was unusually intelligent or talented" makes me cringe every time. I even cringed a little typing it out just now.
#210 of 755 Old 03-07-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post

Maybe if we keep asking about Amy and Pavlina they'll check in??? :

I'm sorry I've been so out of it! Someone send me an email if you ever really want my attention. I think I have that enabled from my username thingie.

Quote:
Just have to take a moment to show....
adorable! I can't believe all the teeth. K is about to sprout a tooth - my earliest teether yet at 7.5mos. He's army crawling and mad as hell that he can't get there faster. It's not an overly happy time for him these days. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNB View Post

Side note: I think I missed the official notice that the verb "to give" was removed from the English language. I have read so many instances of the NOUN "gift" being used as a verb in the past couple days, it is driving my inner stickler crazy. "I was gifted..." when the writer doesn't mean "I was unusually intelligent or talented" makes me cringe every time. I even cringed a little typing it out just now.
I have so many of those language things that make me cringe. As far as I can tell, however, this one is ok
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gift :

btw, would anyone visit an online tupperware party if I had one? As much as I'd love to be no-plastic in the house, it's not realistic at this point. Tupperware plastic, I'm told, is the safest type, and it's guaranteed for life, so I'm thinking about investing in this and pitching the cheap toxic stuff that I keep re-buying.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page