Forum Jump: 

#241 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 02:17 AM
~pi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Newlywaaz--in my morning/stuffy head: state I totally pictured handling used compact discs and getting some nasty bacteria from them...
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarenka View Post
ssshhh, don't mention tupperware, we may reawaken Elsanne's trauma

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
I totally forgot! Elsanne, you need new tupperware now! Call yer mama and find out what style she likes.
:

Aydensmama and Ayah, gorgeous kiddos!

I had my first entire day at school today. I had a meeting 9-10 a.m., a seminar from 10-noon, another meeting from 1:30-3 and another seminar from 3-5.

DH brought DS to meet me for lunch, which was wonderful. It was nice to see them and it meant I didn't have to pump, I just nursed DS twice during that time and then again when I got home. It went beautifully, DS napped really well, and I had a great day. Yay!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#242 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 02:24 AM

How's everyone doing?

Last night was spent with DS on me all night. He would not detach from the boob and he would not let me put him in his cradle while I went to do silly things like pee or get some water. He would scream whenever I tried to put him down. Poor little guy.

Is there anyone here that has not resumed sex? We haven't DTD since before he was born. I just don't really have the urge. Part of it is because I had a third degree tear and I'm just afraid it'll be painful. The other part has been a lack of desire. I know it's normal for libido to be a bit lower after childbirth, but for how long? I did suffer from PPD, but that's been mostly resolved for a while now. I should go talk to my midwife about it. Thankfully, I have a very understanding DH. My ex-friend told me stories of how her DH made her do things she never wanted to do when she was post-partum and waiting for the first 6 weeks to go by.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#243 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 05:05 AM

Ayah - he is GORGEOUS!! I think I'm in love.

My shower solution is the stroller. She is very rarely sitting up and still in something so it's a bit of a novelty. I give her a magazine to tear and I sing and do silly things in the shower (as usual, really). She finds it all hilarious.

Saturn's return is an awful thing, that unfortunately coincided with dd1 being a baby... yuck. Everything just goes wrong and is really hard work.

Maria - yay for the good day all round!!

As for sex, I can't believe how far my sex drive has disappeared. I really can't. Wasn't like this last time. MrsMike - loads of lubrication will help, and maybe the physical desire will come along if the mental desire is there - and if nothing is there...well, no point forcing it.
#244 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 09:24 AM

would anyone like a foam wedge for their babes? it s the one out of the "first steps" catalouge. i bought it for gingy because lulu had very bad gerd... but gingy never needed it...:

i'm assuming everyone's reflux issues are ironing out at this point or you've found solutions... but just in case, before i post this to a gerd tribe, i'd thought i d offer it here...

i'll pay for shipping

liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#245 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witt View Post
laughup

Pancake goddess you're back!! did I just miss your posts or have you been gone a while?:
yea, I was gone for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMike View Post

Is there anyone here that has not resumed sex?
For me, my drive came back a bit when my periods started back (usually 14ish mos) and then again a bit more after weaning (a lot longer still). It's so low, so so low.
#246 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
How's everyone doing?

Last night was spent with DS on me all night. He would not detach from the boob and he would not let me put him in his cradle while I went to do silly things like pee or get some water. He would scream whenever I tried to put him down. Poor little guy.

Is there anyone here that has not resumed sex? We haven't DTD since before he was born. I just don't really have the urge. Part of it is because I had a third degree tear and I'm just afraid it'll be painful. The other part has been a lack of desire. I know it's normal for libido to be a bit lower after childbirth, but for how long? I did suffer from PPD, but that's been mostly resolved for a while now. I should go talk to my midwife about it. Thankfully, I have a very understanding DH. My ex-friend told me stories of how her DH made her do things she never wanted to do when she was post-partum and waiting for the first 6 weeks to go by.
we've had sex once. And it was uncomfortable, and my periods HAVE started back up. I am dealing with PPD, but I have NEVER EVER had much of a drive to begin with. I also had a third degree tear.

Quote:
Ayah - he is GORGEOUS!! I think I'm in love.
:
#247 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 12:31 PM

Maria, yay for good days! It's so nice that your DH can bring the baby to you during the day.

Re: sex - not much going on here yet. I was really worried after Ethan was born, because it was the first time I'd torn at all. It was really minor, but it still scared me. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and now our lack of DTD is pretty much just my insane fear of pregnancy. DH had the big V, but hasn't managed to get back to the office for the post-op all-clear :
#248 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 12:35 PM
~pi

Sabbath, so sorry about your loss.

Amy, great to see you again.

Juice, the best solo shower solution I have found so far is to bring DS into the shower with me. I put a receiving blanket down to make it less slippery, and he sits and splashes while I shower very quickly. We had great success with a bouncy seat for a long time, but then he outgrew it, so we had to get more creative. For the most part, though, we just shower when both of us are home (and did that when DH was working, too -- I often showered at night.)

#249 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 02:28 PM

I don't know more about the Saturn Return than your average new age-y woo woo type, with no formal training in the woo arts, but I know it's an event that astrologically occurs beginning around age 28-30ish that basically creates lots of difficulty, friction, challenges, but with an eventually positive purpose--that your life changes as a result toward your highest good.

Sab--I recall at age 25 not having ANY desire whatsoever, and basically counted on what Masters & Johnson (I believe it was them) reported from their sexuality studies: Women hit their sexual peak at around age 30, whereas men hit it at around age 19. Go figure. It has been mega-true for me. At age 25 (and this holds true among my 2 25 year old friends) I was too busy spending my creative energy in many other ways. Plus, just now I'm remembering your history, which counts for a lot as well. Maybe by 30 some of that gets resolved? I have some similar issues that have affected me as well.
#250 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 04:06 PM

Ayah- Whoa! Our kids could be siblings!
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...Picture010.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...009_edited.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...Picture015.jpg

MrsMike- we try to have sex about 2x a week- though I NEVER feel like it. DH just gets to crabby if we don't: . I think the lack of sex drive has something to do with having a baby attached to my boob all day

Ya'll are making me nervous with this saturn return thing. I am 31 a not really any bad things have happened yet- although my teen years and early 20's were REALLY rough- so maybe I just get a break now.
#251 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
How's everyone doing?

We pretty much don't DTD the deed anymore. I think it has been three times since DS was born. If I have to choose between sleep and sex.....I choose sleep. DH is understanding to some point, but still thinks he is going to die from lack of sex. I have told him many times that in the history of mankind......no one has ever died from not getting enough. He doesn't agree. : : I have to say though that I have noticed more of a desire to do something since AF returned. Not enough though to make a move on my own

Ilunmybabies: 2X'S!!!!!!!! My DH wouldn't know what to do with himself if I gave in twice in one week! Don't I sound like a mean wife

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#252 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 05:58 PM

ilovemybabes ur little girl is soooo cute

i love the pics of the babes they r all sooooooooo cute

sex lol what is that hehehehehehehe well acually me and hubby try to get it on 2 times a week but the last few weeks we didnt even make it once lol but we just need to try harder

anyone having a very clingy baby my little moody has been very clingy where if he sees me he just crys and crys and his daddy doesnt even get to spend that much time with him if iam near cause he jsut wants me and only me

ayah

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#253 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Sab--I recall at age 25 not having ANY desire whatsoever, and basically counted on what Masters & Johnson (I believe it was them) reported from their sexuality studies: Women hit their sexual peak at around age 30, whereas men hit it at around age 19. Go figure. It has been mega-true for me. At age 25 (and this holds true among my 2 25 year old friends) I was too busy spending my creative energy in many other ways.
: I think the actual peak is at 35. Nature is cruel. Particularly cruel for teachers who teach 19 year olds...:

Yes, my babe is becoming quite clingy - I think it's seperation anxiety time. I'm making more use of the ring sling with her on my hip in the house. I still cannot use the ergo alone...I think it's a phobia!
#254 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 07:15 PM

the only thing i have is the moby wraps i have 2 of them the regual one and the moby d

but i dont like putting them on around the house for some reason

but their has to be a easier way to wear ur baby without useing a moby and still look cute heheheheheeh i dont like my fat rolls showing soo i dont like useing the moby

ayah

#255 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
I had a great day. Yay!
:

Quote:

Is there anyone here that has not resumed sex? We haven't DTD since before he was born. I just don't really have the urge.
Eh, not so much. We've DTD probably once a month or so since the baby was a couple months old. I am just not interested, unfortunately. Might have something to do with the fact that we have three kids and no plan for birth control and my time for LAM has run out. I'm terrified we'll have another cute surprise. :

Shower solutions: when ds could sit well, I put him in the tub with me on a nonskid mat. It was the same mat we used for his baths. Dd1 did the same thing. Now, I've too many kids to take a shower in the morning, so I take one before bed. I can usually take my time that way. Although, some nights I have to choose sleep or shower and sleep sometimes wins. Then I'm left with the same shower dilemma with a baby that is only just now sitting decently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
DH had the big V, but hasn't managed to get back to the office for the post-op all-clear :
So next time he wants to DTD you can just say: : sure honey .... just as soon as you get the all clear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
My DH wouldn't know what to do with himself if I gave in twice in one week! Don't I sound like a mean wife
Mine would think he died and went to Heaven!

It was a long day today. I'm worn out and the baby won't nap! At least the other two are playing nicely and quietly in the bedroom. We wasted over three hours at the state capitol today waiting for our bill to be heard in the committee meeting. Only to be told it wouldn't be today. : We've been officially rescheduled for Tuesday and promised that we would be first after our sponsor pointed out the constituents waiting with their babies.
#256 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 07:59 PM

tanya question for u when did u ahve the c section? and please tell me about ur vbac

i had a c section with my son cause his heart rate dropped to the low 20s when i was in labor and had noo choice but my body did great for labor i dialeted very fast and went all natrual until they said i needed a c section

but iam hopeing for a vbac home water birth next baby and wanted as many storys to help me with it cause iam scared to death of another c section

ayah

#257 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 09:43 PM

My c/s was nearly 6 years ago. I had an unmedicated hospital VBAC a little over two years ago and a HBAC just six months ago. I've only got a minute, but I can tell you that it is worth it to go for a VBAC! The VBAC was so much better than the c/s and the HBAC was light years from the c/s. Wonderful!!!

My baby was on the news!!! And I missed it!!! My friend (who's baby was also on the news) saw it and recorded it. As soon as her dh gets me a copy on dvd, I'll try to post a link somehow. I checked the tv station and no link so far. She said she worked the camera sucking her little thumb for her debut!
#258 of 755 Old 03-08-2007, 09:55 PM

tanya thanks sweetie that really helps iam hoping when my son is 2yrs old to start trying again for a baby and iam praying for a vbac i already picked out my midwife and everything

and i had a midwife with my son soo iam still scared to death

ayah

#259 of 755 Old 03-09-2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD View Post
I don't. I have had them since I was 12, getting 4-5 a week often going to sleep and waking up with them. Test after test after test hasn't revealed a cause, but we do know that it has something to do with my hormones. (Went away when I was pregnant, worse around periods, ect ect) I have been hospitalized for em, they get so bad! I used to have to keep imitrex injectables in my house.
Sabbath, I'm way behind on this thread. Have you ever seen a homeopath for the migraines? My coworker has great results. As for PPD/depression, did you ever read this thread? Sunshinestarr just passed it along to me and I am so interested in it!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=195601

And many about your loss!

Quote:
Every day, I wish Juice would hold me in her arms,
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydensmama View Post
Just have to take a moment to show....

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...0/000_0073.jpg
Oh what a doll!

Quote:
Say, do you all have any swell showering solutions?
I figured there would be others that would have said this but maybe I am unique. I use a -gasp- containment device when I take a shower...the exersaucer! It is in the bathroom with me. So far it is working well. No idea what I will do when he grows out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
Yesterday I started new thyroid medication.
Hope you see improvements ASAP!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytomahmoud View Post
i just wanted to share a few pics of my little baby boy

ttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c63/ayahahmad/DSC01050-1.jpg

ayah
Awww, another doll!

Quote:
I had my first entire day at school today.
Woohoo! Glad everything went so well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmybabies View Post
Ayah- Whoa! Our kids could be siblings!
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...Picture010.jpg
Awww, she's precious!

Quote:
I still cannot use the ergo alone...I think it's a phobia!
If you're talking about the back carry, I'm with you! I just can't do it! I've decided that I will only use the back carry if dh is with me and otherwise I'm going to pull the Kelty backpack carrier out of attic.
#260 of 755 Old 03-09-2007, 12:27 AM

showers this is what i do i either take a 5 min one while he is sleeping or if i get a baby who wont nap i put some toys on the bathroom floor and put him their and let him play
soooooo far works great but good thing i dont have a crawler and he has not figured out how to open the cabnets yet lol

ayah

#261 of 755 Old 03-09-2007, 01:16 AM
~pi

Cori, the only reason we don't use an exersaucer for showering is that ours is downstairs in the kitchen and it's too awkward to carry upstairs every time we want to shower. (It was a hand-me-down and does not move from one place to another very easily.) I agree that it's a useful, "stay here for ten minutes, please," device, though, and if we had one upstairs, I would use it for showers.

Hey, for those who have had their first pp AF, was it very light? I felt very crampy lately, my blood sugars showed the same weird pattern that they have whenever AF is on the way, then I saw a teensy tiny bit of blood, and that was it. : It feels counterintuitive to me -- I expected it to be much heavier.

#262 of 755 Old 03-09-2007, 02:06 AM

Quote:
pile of newspapers
meant for burning, but instead
a baby magnet
:

Quote:
WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE WRONGS I COMMIT AS A MOTHER HMMMM?????

Quote:

Say, do you all have any swell showering solutions? I've resorted to putting him on the bathroom floor with some toys and trying to shower in 2 minutes or less, before he starts rolling around all over
I have to do it when she's asleep. She has to be asleep and ds has to be entertained with a tv show. :

Quote:
Guess I may not be going to the capitol tomorrow if she pukes again. Is that bad to be sad I can't go? : I do feel great empathy for my dd1. Especially when she told me in the bathroom as I cleaned her up "The princess is sick!" in her I'm-really-sick voice and with her I'm-really-sick face.
Sorry she's sick. That is funny though, "The princess is sick!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD View Post
Sigh. And the hits just keep on coming. My OTHER grandfather died last night. This one was NOT expected. Were is the bottom of this hole anyways, LOL
Oh crap Sabbath. I am so sorry for this. What a terrible time for you and your family.

Quote:
Oh, Sab. Wow. Are you anywhere near 30 years old? They say that's the "Saturn Return"...my condolences on your grandfather.
Hmm...I just turned 30, but since I was 26 I think I've been in Saturn Return. Emma died when I was 26 and dh has been unemployed or in school since then. Hopefully now that he has a job, I'm coming out of Saturn Return!

Quote:
Yesterday I started new thyroid medication. I've been on the same meds for 10+ years and never really got back to normal. I had some improvement, but never back to 100%. Although at this point I'd settle for 90%. I'm hopeful for a dramatic change and for some of these symptoms to GO AWAY! One of which just happens to be mild, chronic depression. I've learned that a lot of hypothyroid patients do much better on the new med I'm trying.
What med are you on? I take armourthyroid and really like it.

Quote:

Quote:

I had my first entire day at school today. I had a meeting 9-10 a.m., a seminar from 10-noon, another meeting from 1:30-3 and another seminar from 3-5.

DH brought DS to meet me for lunch, which was wonderful. It was nice to see them and it meant I didn't have to pump, I just nursed DS twice during that time and then again when I got home. It went beautifully, DS napped really well, and I had a great day. Yay!
Glad it went so well Pi! That is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytomahmoud View Post
anyone having a very clingy baby my little moody has been very clingy where if he sees me he just crys and crys and his daddy doesnt even get to spend that much time with him if iam near cause he jsut wants me and only me
Uh, yeah. This is the story of our lives right now. She only wants me and it is really tiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva View Post

If you're talking about the back carry, I'm with you! I just can't do it! I've decided that I will only use the back carry if dh is with me and otherwise I'm going to pull the Kelty backpack carrier out of attic.
Keep trying, you can do it! Hey, I was wondering about you today, how are you doing???

Oh, and all the babies are SO CUTE!!! I love the pictures. What dollies!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#263 of 755 Old 03-09-2007, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjhwkr View Post
What med are you on? I take armourthyroid and really like it.
That's the new one! I've read that many hypothyroid people prefer it. I'm not happy with my results over the last 5-10 years, so I'm giving it a try. If it works, the extra perk is it is A LOT cheaper than the two separate meds I was taking.

And they put the newsreport online! That beautiful little thumbsucker in the green sling is my babe!!!
#264 of 755 Old 03-09-2007, 03:01 AM

So cute Tanya!!
#265 of 755 Old 03-09-2007, 11:28 AM

such cute babes all around!!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#266 of 755 Old 03-09-2007, 01:26 PM

So cute Tanya, look at that little thumbsucker! Hey, who's holding him?
#267 of 755 Old 03-09-2007, 01:33 PM

Sabbath, I'm so sorry about your grandfather. and :guh

I'm lovin' all the baby pics. I need to get some recent pics uploaded!

Tanya, what a wonderful debut for your DD's acting career!

Kim, you probably don't want to hear this, but last night I had a dream you were preggo! I've been having strange and vivid dreams lately (no, I'm NOT PG).

Since there are so many new mamas here lately, I was thinking we should do a brief intro of ourselves so that they can get to know us better.

Here's me: I'm Laura, I had DS in June (due in July, hence my hanging out with the July mamas) at a birth center. DS is quite a chunk ... he's somewhere around 28 lbs and is in 24 month clothing. Before being a SAHM, I was a massage therapist (I still take the occasional client). I really like to travel, but I've put that on a bit of a hiatus until DS is older. I like to sew and do other crafty things, even though I'm not very good at them! I also like to cook, but that is not why my username contains "cook." I've been married to DH 4 years as of March 1.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#268 of 755 Old 03-09-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
So cute Tanya, look at that little thumbsucker! Hey, who's holding him?
Ahem. : I know she's bald and you can't see her pink shirt but.... And that would be me wearing her, but she did get passed around a bit. The babies were a hit!

Intros sound like a great idea, Laura!

I'm a SAHM of three kids: ds, 5, dd1, 2, and the baby girl is fast approaching seven months. My first was born via c/s, second a natural hospital VBAC, and third at home after a long 16 day wait past my July due date. So technically an August babe, but they still let me play here. I'm a LLL Leader and I also volunteer with the Arkansas Breastfeeding Coalition.

I love to read and sew when I have time. I just realized that dh and I will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary this September!
#269 of 755 Old 03-09-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewaneecook View Post

Since there are so many new mamas here lately, I was thinking we should do a brief intro of ourselves so that they can get to know us better.
My name is Kirstin, I am a SAHM to my dd Kaitlyn, and ds Noah. I was a single mom to Noah for about 4 years- then met my dh and we have been married for almost 3 years. Before getting pg with Kaitlyn I worked at an elementary school with Special Needs children- mainly Autistic and some Bipolar. I love to sew and cook also sewaneecook! Although I am not as good as I would like to be! I had natural birth at a hospital- and it was fast- I dilated from a 3 to a 10 in 7 minutes! Anything else you would like to know just ask!
#270 of 755 Old 03-09-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Ahem. : I know she's bald and you can't see her pink shirt but....

:

Whoopsies...sorry Miss T.

:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page