July 06 mamas: get yer March on! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what, me, start a thread? well, I suppose if nobody else is going to do it...

my question for you: have you started your period yet? If yes, how does it compare to your periods before baby? I'm cramping up something bad today, and assume aunt flo is the culprit. I've never cramped before though, so I hope this isn't the new normal:
#2 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 03:52 PM

hello. yep. had af already. I knew I would though when I stopped pumping (after got ppaf anyways)

the ones that are worse are the ones where I actually ovulate. my pms symptoms get worse and worse with each pgcy.

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#3 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 03:58 PM

I got mine back at....5 months? Mommy brain isn't allowing me to remember. I think it was 5 months.

Anyways, yeah. Different. More cramping, slightly less bleeding, but I was always a HEAVY OVERNIGHT pad kinda girl anyways.
#4 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 04:04 PM

Jacob was 3m4d when I got my first ppaf.

#5 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 04:16 PM

yep, she's Ba-aaack. Started again about 4mos PP and is slightly heavier.

What books does your babe like? DS really likes a book of animals that I make all the animal sounds and he likes "Chicka, Chicka Boom Boom" and "Goodnight Moon" and anything with bright colors.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#6 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 04:31 PM

no af here. With no 1 i got it back after 6 months, with no 2 I got it back after 14 months so I'm hoping for 14 months again
#7 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 04:57 PM

nothing here yet, fingers crossed for a long break-my sis went 16 mos!

books: pajama time and hippos go beserk, barnyard dance. maybe it's cuz mommy likes to read those better than others?!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#8 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 07:31 PM

Not yet, but I'm wishing. Believe it or not!
#9 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 07:41 PM

Hello! Af made her way back to me at 6 months. I have noticed that there is significantly less blood than before and it lasts several days less than it did before. I also am not feeling the cramps like I used to. I kind of like my AF now and hope she stays this way!

DS is STILL biting me! OUCH! A couple of days ago he bit me so hard that he drew blood and now the site appears to be infected! It hurts to even touch my boob, much less have him nurse on that side. To make it worse, it's the side that is the "overproducer." The lactation consultant said to pump on that side and nurse on the other until the site has healed up, but even that is painful. For the first time ever, I am seriously considering weaning him because of it and I am soooooooo I really wish I knew what to do. I also have put neosporin on it, but hasn't helped much.

In other news, DS is now crawling, getting to a sitting position from lying down as well as is able to put a ball in a toy and make the toy spit the ball back out! I am sooooooo thrilled! There is an obnoxious lady at the playgroup I go to who asks me everytime I see her "is he crawling yet?" Everytime I say the same thing......no not yet. Then, she proceeds to tell me everything her son is doing. It's more than annoying at this point. Now.....I can tell her that indeed he is crawling and ohhhh by the way.....my son is smarter than yours! J/K I would never in a million years say something like that, but it feels good to think of saying it!

Snowing like crazy here. Can't remember the last time I saw so much snow. Oh yes I can. It was on the national geographic channel and there were polar bears walking around Have a great day everyone:

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#10 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 08:19 PM

AF Just arrived here this wk. It wasn't really welcome as i was sick and had sick kids. Had better things to do with my time, yk.

beautyful, Steph~ Make sure your floor is complete rid of debri. I have one of those floors and the ppl who installed it(not us) did a poor job. I have tiles that are complete not sticky and i had to put more glue underneath them. I think there is a sealant(paint) that you should put first that helps the tiles stick better. check with your hardware store.

I need to replace it all. Maybe next summer.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#11 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 08:53 PM

Wow. Many, many of you are bleeding! I got it back 14 mo pp with dd1, and I hope to have as much time with Amara.

I not bleeding...

Tricia, rock on the developmental milestones! Amara is requiring a large, sturdy couch cushion with every sitdown, so she can stand and push up on it.

Amara likes the kind of books that can be banged--on, and against other things.

Fricka-frack it's hot around here. Like, tank top and fan hot. Yes, I'm bragging.: : : : : : : : : :
#12 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 09:42 PM

My mouth is still hurting so mostly I'm just subbing. More later.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#13 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 09:47 PM

:guhs jjoy

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#14 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 09:53 PM

i would love to join u ladies

my son was born july 20th 06 7 months old happy and healthy and still ebf doesnt want soilds soo that is fine with me

right now he is getting over a little cold but now he is throwing up mucus and been doing that all day

still noo period yeaaaa i dont miss it hehehehe

ayah

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#15 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, y'all! Welcome to the party, mommytomahmoud!!!

Unfortunately, I am dealing with already. My babe's six months old and I've had two cycles. I was hoping the one at four months was a fluke. Had a long 12 months with no AF with #1, returned sporadically at 2 months with #2, and I was none too happy about it. I was hoping for a repeat of #1, but it wasn't to be. I just don't get it. I nurse around the clock, in the bed at night and any other time she wants it. I think it's related to my thyroid that's been out of whack for years. I've got a follow up appointment with my new doc to get some new meds for that. I'm tired of not feeling myself, and it's gone on for years.
#16 of 755 Old 03-01-2007, 10:35 PM

No af here yet. I got it back between ten and eleven months with the three girls. I'm hoping for at least a few more months.

Welcome, mommytomahmoud!
#17 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 01:24 AM
~pi

jjoy

, mommytomahmoud!

No AF here yet, but I am crampy and : today. I am hoping it's just some random cramping. I love not bleeding, and so does my body. (My iron was beautifully normal at my last blood draw.)

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#18 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 05:46 AM

jessica why ur mouth hurt

Ayah

#19 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

books...ah lovely books...I have entirely too many books for any one family. Currently, I just grab whatever board book my hand touches first, and read that one to DS with arms stretched out as far as they can go so he can't grab and chew, which is all he's really interested. He seems to pay more attention to the books with actual photographs as opposed to drawings, saturated colors as opposed to pastels, and rhymes or single-word pages as opposed to a normal storyline or dialogue. I grab Sandra Boynton often, as well as Mother Goose and Leah Patricelli and the list goes on...
#20 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 10:43 AM

hey girls....back to pop in for March after reading most of Feb. No AF here, got mine back 7 mths with ds1, I am that I have some more time, my milk production was yucky the week around my period with ds1, and Mason is still not frinking from anything but mom!

We are crawling also, I love it! I can't wait for the high and bye waves that I read some of you are getting in Feb.

I am subbing so I can keep up this month

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#21 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 11:03 AM

We're not crawling yet, but it is mere moments away, I fear. I try to tell him crawling is not yet authorized, but he just laughs at me. I need him to wait to crawl until his sisters stop leaving teeny tiny choking hazards all over the house... so a few more years, probably?

Last night we gave DS some broccoli and he LOVED it. What a mess, though.

Today I am trapped in the house while the basement waterproofing folks tromp around making lots and lots of noise. I'm not planning to do muich of anything. It's just SO LOUD...
#22 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMama05 View Post
jessica why ur mouth hurt

Ayah
I had my wisdom teeth pulled the other day. Right after we moved.
I'm still feeling pretty crummy. I was feeling better yesterday but then it got really bad in the evening. I'm wondering if it's because I did too much in the evening and my body had to halt the healing process. My : dh got dish for our new house, which I'm really not opposed to. I think there's a better use for the money, but whatever. But he spent all night from like 5 to 1030 trying to get this thing working. It's still not working. Mattie was beserk wanting his attention and I just wanted some help. At least he said he could scrounge up his own dinner, so I didn't have to make a meal. I got Wednesday night off. He took care of Mattie and my mom took Emma with her. I guess I'm only entitled to one night off after having teeth pulled. Thank good ness for my mom though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlywaaz View Post
I grab Sandra Boynton often,
We are all also in a Boynton phase. Loving those books. We just got but, not the hippo.My dd1 loves blue hat, green hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
We're not crawling yet, but it is mere moments away, I fear. I try to tell him crawling is not yet authorized, but he just laughs at me. I need him to wait to crawl until his sisters stop leaving teeny tiny choking hazards all over the house... so a few more years, probably?

Last night we gave DS some broccoli and he LOVED it. What a mess, though.

Today I am trapped in the house while the basement waterproofing folks tromp around making lots and lots of noise. I'm not planning to do muich of anything. It's just SO LOUD...

I'm so sorry about the crawlling thing. It really does change life as we know it. It's not just my bigger dd that leaves stuff laying around, it's dh too. Mattie has discovered The Joy of The Chase. She crawls away very quickly, laughing all the way. She giggles very hard when you catch her. Emma enjoys the chase too. But at this moment I think they are waiting for me.

Oh, when do they stop thinking the baby is a seat/footstool/headrest/armrest/table,etc?

A breakthrough on the parenting front. My mom has said for the first time ever that I'm doing something RIGHT. Yes, folks, she actually used those words. It's always been you should try this or I always did this or if you did this, it will make your life easier. Your sister had her baby on such a nice schedule, your sister's baby just lays right down in his bed and goes to sleep, blah, blah, blah. Well, her kid is a mean bully. The other day my mom took Emma to the nursing home to see my gramma. She said Emma was so nice to my gramma and kept saying I love you so much, grandnana. and patting her leg and took her for a walk and was really hrlpful to my gramma. My mom said she was really proud of Emma. I don't do things so my mom will be proud(obviously) but it was nice that she recognized out loud that maybe her and my sister's way isn't the only right way and I'm not ruining my children. Which I do think on occasion.
Okay, I just had to pull a bunch of styrofoam out of Mattie's mouth. How did she find all those tiny pieces? I guess I need to vacuum. Yay me! Anybody else have a 2-year-old who's scared by the vacuum?

Oh and welcome to the club, mamatomahmoud.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#23 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
I had my wisdom teeth pulled the other day...

We are all also in a Boynton phase. Loving those books. We just got but, not the hippo.My dd1 loves blue hat, green hat...
I'm getting all four wisdom teeth pulled soon. They're all growing in straight, strong, and in the right place, so I figured I was ok, but then two different dentists have told me that even though they're not crowding my other teeth, my mouth isn't quite big enough, so there'll always be a flap of skin over the edge of two of them that will be prone to decay and infection, and if I only take out those two, the other two will keep growing until they hit my bottom gums. blech.

did you know she's got a website (www.sandraboynton.com) with clips from most of the songs on her cd's? That's where I first heard Snuggle Puppy, and I'm pretty sure it's my DS's favorite song ever.

mobility...still very little here. DS scootches a little on his butt, but it's mostly from bouncing up and down like a PP said. Oh, and he pulls up on things with some regularity, which is fun as long as he's pulling up on something sturdier than, say, the dog's head...

on a completely different front, I'm amused that there are two different "sick" smilies in the box to the right now. Perfect for the current season, I guess.

man, aren't I a chatty cathy this week...
#24 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Yay me! Anybody else have a 2-year-old who's scared by the vacuum?

Oh and welcome to the club, mamatomahmoud.
My 8 month old is afraid of the vaccum. I have the lowest possible pile of carpet available ANYWHERE, and all it takes is someone to THINK about there being something on it and it's dirty. Crawling isn't going to be fun, because there is always stuff all over the carpet and with it being low pile every speck of dirt shows. And she hates the vaccum. Bleh. It's shameful, shameful how dirty our carpet is.
#25 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 12:12 PM

I get my period back at 8 weeks pp regardless of exclusive or "ecological" breastfeeding. Some are more fertile than others I am actually pleasantly surprised at how tame aunt flo is now that I'm breastfeeding. I don't get the cramps the way I used to....now they've been replaced by MAJOR PMS, headaches, bad mood, backache, hormonal swings are getting to be too much. I need to see a doctor about it because its honestly becoming unliveable. But I'm glad March is finally here. 18 days until spring!
#26 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 12:26 PM

anyone on birth control here? What method did you choose? I in NO WAY want to become pregnant and again, and now that normal 'marital relationships' have resumed, I am finding myself for the first time ever not wanting to be pregnant. Thoughts?
#27 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlywaaz View Post
I'm getting all four wisdom teeth pulled soon.
did you know she's got a website (www.sandraboynton.com) with clips from most of the songs on her cd's? That's where I first heard Snuggle Puppy, and I'm pretty sure it's my DS's favorite song ever.
I highly recommend being put to sleep.

I'll have to check out that website. I didn't even know she had cds. Thanks for the info. So which of her books is your fave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD View Post
My 8 month old is afraid of the vaccum. I have the lowest possible pile of carpet available ANYWHERE, and all it takes is someone to THINK about there being something on it and it's dirty. Crawling isn't going to be fun, because there is always stuff all over the carpet and with it being low pile every speck of dirt shows. And she hates the vaccum. Bleh. It's shameful, shameful how dirty our carpet is.
Emma has always hated the vacuum. My dh got me one of those Bissell Perfect Sweep sweepers. You just run it over the carpet and it picks up loose stuff. It works great. But occasionally you still have to run the vacuum. I'm not sure mine has made it to the new house yet, so I will be vacuuming. I just have to figure out what to do with my toddler. Maybe she'll play in her room. My baby doesn't bat an eye at the thing. I think it's part of being a first born.

#28 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 01:01 PM

DS is afraid of the vacuum and the mixer! If he isn't being held, he screams. More of an excuse to put off vaxcuuming one more day.

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled at once ... OUCH. Not fun at all. I couldn't eat solids for over a week.

DS tried sweet potato for the first time yesterday ... they made him gag. So far he's only liked apple. That's ok, he's growing just fine without solids.

I have to check out that Boynton website. Her books are so much fun to read.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#29 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 01:05 PM

Adia was terrified of the vacuum.. it puts Francesca to sleep half the time. (But I have one of the little robotic ones, so I can just nurse her while it does its work. )

AF showed up at the beginning of Janurary, but I haven't seen her since. And I've had PMS for the last four weeks. It's realllly getting old and I wish she'd show up. I have my poke 'n prod on Tuesday, so I'm sure she'll come back Monday night. : I'm thinking about getting the Mirena if all is well with my vagina.

Sandrine - I'll keep that in mind! We have plywood underneath, so we hveto put down some kind of padding. I'll ask DH's friend this afternoon when he drops off the boxes of wood what we'll do exactly.

ETA - Laura - I loathe carpet, but DH hates the "cold floor" aspect. He doesn't do the cleaning, so he lost.

Oh, and look.. I'm posting on the 2nd page rather than the 22nd this month. (I actually wondered if a new thread had been started when I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep last night.)
#30 of 755 Old 03-02-2007, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
I was able to keep up with the choking hazards when dd1 was crawling. I can't seem to stay on top of the volume of hazards two dc create.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD View Post
anyone on birth control here?
No birth control here yet, but then there's not much DTD going on either. :
I am very interested in NFP and a diaphragm. I can't convince dh to do a vasectomy. I wonder if he knew he'd DTD more often if he had a V if he would do it. Hmmm.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page