Mommy Burnout Vent - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2007, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so I am really starting to feel burnt out by DD. It just seems like everything is such a battle these days and my sweet babe is turning into a spirited toddler. She will only nurse lying down with no distractions, no tv, radio, DH in the room, Mama reading a book, etc. This means we can't be away from home or somewhere with a bed for more than 4 hours. She will not drink ebm out of a cup/bottle. We are going on vacation in 3 weeks and I am freaking out about her eating. She won't let me brush her teeth even with silly songs, games, etc. She won't wear a hat, cries when I put her coat on, is crawling all over the place and tearing the house apart. She is totally all about mama and I barely get a moment to myself. If she is with DH she is crying for me. She sleeps like crap and wakes a zillion times a night. I can't take being so needed like 20 hours a day. It is really starting to get to me.....
Vent Over

Mom to Morgan 4-3-06 and announcing Baby Kelsey 4-11-10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2007, 11:42 PM

Oh I am sorry mama. I wish I had the answer but sometimes kids are just like that. I do wish you the best of luck though and hope that you have a good trip.

*Sending Positive Vibes* *Sending Positive Vibes*
Old 03-04-2007, 11:50 PM

I'm sorry. The rough patches are hard.

:Mama to 2 :
Old 03-05-2007, 01:48 AM

Hugs to you. I am so sorry you are having a hard time. I hope it gets easier for you soon!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:51 AM

Hugs!

Can you carry her on your back? My dd is quite a bit younger than yours, and not nearly so needy, but if I'm feeling parented out or something then I'll strap her to my back in the ergo and it seems to help.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:41 AM

I remember both of my kids being especially needy right around a year. Separation anxiety is peaking about then, most kids are gettnig teeth, gaining lots of new skills (talking, crawling, walking, etc.), no wonder they wear us out! DD is now 18 months, and not as needy, although if she is getting tired or hungry, she still just wants me. It DOES get better!

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhoneyswife View Post
Hugs!

Can you carry her on your back? My dd is quite a bit younger than yours, and not nearly so needy, but if I'm feeling parented out or something then I'll strap her to my back in the ergo and it seems to help.
I second this - my ds is almost the same age as your dd - born 6th April. I was feeling just like you a couple of weeks ago, same issues and everything. When I couldn't take the leg pulling and clinginess and battles, I popped him in the MT for a while - went for a walk, anything for a change. It saved me doing my nana several times I'm sure.

It's so hard sometimes, isn't it?
Hugs to you and your dd,

Brooke
Old 03-05-2007, 05:49 AM

mama my ds is about the same age it can get crazy sometimes!

I third carrying her on your back, I feel like I am having 'me' time with ds back there but I have the bonus of still snuggling with him : Also you could try nursing in a sling, my ds2 won't stay still to nurse but will happily nurse anywhere in a sling.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:13 AM

Many and I gotta say, I am in the same (well similar) boat. Dd is also on her way into spirited toddlerhood. She, though, HAS to be out and about. I am learning alot about both of us in the book... uh... something... Parenting your Spirited Child? I think? Well anyhow, I have found out over the past few weeks that if we stay home for more than a few days and our only outside socail interaction is with the folks at teh grocery store... We both get grouchy... And she has a cold so we can't go hang with our friends becaus eI am not into germsharing. :
Today was SO rough. I actually searched "burnout" because I was actually looking for commiseration... Little did I know I would find the musings of someone whos babe is jsut a few days younger than mine!
My issue I think is that dh works from home alot, and so he is parked in front of his computer all day, and I feel like he should be able to come out and play with her, change her diaper, etc.... I donno, I feel like I am martyring here, but I feel like dh needs to step up...
I am almost hoping I get K's cold, so he *has* to take care of her and I can just chill. :
And of course, on top of this, my part-time from-home job... well, there was an incedent this past week that reminded my boss (at least I think so) and myself why they really were urging and asking me if I was willing to move across the country to work there.... long story short, a semi-competent guy with a lack of tact and plenty of will to throw people he doesnt even know under the bus has my *dream job.* :

OK sorry for totally threadjacking and whining myself. Time to go to sleep and stop thinking about all this stuff... : :

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

User Tag List