Teething necklaces - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-10-2007, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm desperate for teething relief for my 6 month old and bought an amber teething necklace. But. Do I just leave it on her all the time? Let her sleep with it? Do they really work or am I just a sucker (as my ever so sweet husband has not so subtly implied)?
#2 of 6 Old 03-10-2007, 12:48 AM

The first one I got didn't work. I bought a second one from a seller that someone recommended to me, and it works pretty well. Sometimes we still resort to teething tablets as well, but not often. I leave DDs necklace on all the time, it doesn't seem to bother her any. You just have to make sure it doesn't get chewed on.

I think it's just like anything else, they work for some and don't work for others.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#3 of 6 Old 03-10-2007, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Well even if they don't work, they're really pretty. Thanks, I've been leaving it on all the time except for bathtime. My baby hasn't even really noticed it but my toddler, well, I keep having to tell her not to chew on hers!
#4 of 6 Old 03-10-2007, 12:13 PM

We've been toying with the notion of getting one for our 11 month old, but there are two conditions for us, in terms of safety:

1. It has to have a magnetic clasp so it would come off it it got snagged on something.

2. We wouldn't let her wear it unless we were with her (nor while she sleeps).

I'd worry to much about it being a choking hazard (not swallowing choking but around the neck choking). Am I being paranoid? From the sounds of it, lots of people let their child wear one all the time -- couldn't it be a hazard to do this? Or are y'all talking about the magnetic clasp ones so it's not as big of a concern?

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#5 of 6 Old 03-10-2007, 01:51 PM

Ds wears it 24/7. We co-sleep so I don't mind him sleeping with it. It sometimes tries to chew it in the daytime, but I just dietract him and he forgets about it. He has worn it since he was 7 months old (i think) and I have used tylenol once at night out of desperation. We also use Hylands tablets on occasion.
Make sure there are knots between beads.
And there is a breakaway clasp, so he won't choke if someone pulls it or it gets snagged on something, the clasp will just open.
I decided to leave it on him 24/7 because I thought he would become more aware of it if I was always putting it on and taking it off. And since he just noticed it last month, I'd say its worked out pretty well.
We also get tons of compliments on it, and people seem to like to hear about the healing properties of amber.

Dawn

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#6 of 6 Old 03-13-2007, 10:39 AM

where did you buy your amber nacklaces? I'd like one for my DD but I'm not sure where to find them- I could buy it online, do any of you know a good seller??

Thanks...

PS> I'm currently in Vancouver, if there is anywhere here that sells them...

Sarahfina

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page