Spotlight on earthgirl! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2007, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's your turn!!!

1. How long have you been with your SO/DP/DH?

2. What's the most surprising thing about motherhood?

3. What plans did you make concerning parenting that didn't quite work out as you'd hoped?

4. What little tidbit of advice would you give to a new mom?

5. What is your all-time favorite song?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2007, 02:17 PM

1. Do you have a "chore list"? If so, what's on it?

2. What is your favorite chore to do?

3. What is your least favorite chore?

4. How often to you do them?
Old 03-12-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystalC View Post
It's your turn!!!

1. How long have you been with your SO/DP/DH? roughly 6 years. we celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary this September.

2. What's the most surprising thing about motherhood? Oh, gosh. There's so much that's surprising. Well, to start, I was surprised at how much love I have for such a small person. There's just really no way to know what that's going to be like. On a personal level, I'm surprised that I've been able to really let things go without worrying about it. I probably haven't had a clean house since Simi was born, and it just doesn't bother me like I thought it would. Also, I'm surprised at how much I love co-sleeping. I knew I wanted to have her in our bed, but I was a little nervous about it b/c I really need my space when I'm sleeping. But somehow I just really, really love having Simi next me.

3. What plans did you make concerning parenting that didn't quite work out as you'd hoped? Well, I didn't really plan too much. I just thought I'd follow my instincts and so far that's working well. I did buy a pacifier when DD was 6 weeks and I swore I would never do that. As it turns out, she wouldn't have anything to do with it!

4. What little tidbit of advice would you give to a new mom? Have two or more of almost everything (slings, sleep sacks, blankets, etc.) It's amazing how quickly things end up being in the laundry. Oh, and that you REALLY do need a lot of help in the beginning so make sure you have some support.
5. What is your all-time favorite song?
I could never pick one song, but it would probably be somthing by the Pixies.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diprincess View Post
1. Do you have a "chore list"? If so, what's on it?
I have a neverending chore list. A typical day includes laundry, dishes, and sweeping the floors.

2. What is your favorite chore to do? Washing and stuffing baby diapers.

3. What is your least favorite chore? The floors. We get major dust bunnies!

4. How often to you do them?
I do dishes multiple times a day, and laundry about every other day. Our W&D are in the basement and I can't always get down there so it can literally take me 3 hours to do one load. I do the floors about once a week even though they need it way more often than that!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:39 PM

If you could be any superhero, which one would you be?

What type of music do you like?

If you won an all expenses paid vacation, where would it be to and what would you do?

What do you hope to have learned and to be doing in ten years?

Neeka - mom to DS-4 and wife to computer fanatic DH
Old 03-12-2007, 06:39 PM

What is your favorite animal? (you know, the one that you are most drawn to)

What is your signature color? (or favorite color)

What is your most prized possession?

What is your largest future goal?

Joyful mama of 3.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 PM

What is your favorite type of jewelry to wear?

Do you like to cook or go out to eat?

What is your favorite ethnic food to eat?

Do you prefer crickets or ladybugs?

It's in the high 80's right now and I'm already too hot, do you prefer hot weather or cooler weather, what would your ideal average year round temp. be?

Do you have a favorite chip to snack on?

Do you like your water with or without ice?

Do you subscribe to magazines? if you do, which one's do you get?

Do you like to do anything crafty? if so, then what do you do?

I can't wait to read your answers!
Old 03-13-2007, 02:02 AM

Earthgirl - we both have November Babes!

1) why did you choose that screen name (besides the obvious).

2) do you consider yourself spiritual?

3) what does that mean to you?

4) do you meditate?

5) where is Rosedale, MA?

6) what did you do for work before dc?

7) did you go back to work? do you plan to?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncas72 View Post
If you could be any superhero, which one would you be? When I was little I LOVED Wonder Woman so I guess I'd be her.

What type of music do you like? I mostly like music that gets no radio play. My faves are: Pixies, Radiohead, Belle & Sebastian, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, and Interpol. But I also love some other more random stuff like Prince, Willie Nelson, and Peggy Lee.

If you won an all expenses paid vacation, where would it be to and what would you do? I want to go to Costa Rica. I would love to stay with a family b/c I think that would be a genuine way to learn about the culture. I would also like to visit the Peace University there, and of course see all of the rainforests and beaches. It would have to be a long trip!
What do you hope to have learned and to be doing in ten years?
Hmmm...I'm not really sure. We may end up homeschooling so maybe I'll be doing that. I think I would hoped to have learned how to really be comfortable expressing myself. I can be pretty shy and sometimes I don't speak up when I think I really should. I'm working on it, but it's still hard for me.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontgirl View Post
What is your favorite animal? (you know, the one that you are most drawn to) Either dolphins or elephants.
What is your signature color? (or favorite color) I like purple a lot.

What is your most prized possession? A box of cards and letters from my mom. She died over 10 years ago.

What is your largest future goal?
This probably sounds kind of pathetic, but I'm not really a goal-oriented person. I just hope to be a really good mother to my DD.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Mia** View Post
What is your favorite type of jewelry to wear? Well, I used to love making beaded necklaces when I was younger. I also like unusual (but small) earrings. But truth be told, I don't really wear jewelry. I was a preschool teacher for over 10 years and those little ones really like pulling on and playing with jewelry. I just gradually phasedi t out.

Do you like to cook or go out to eat? Both. I really love to cook, but there are certainly times that it feels more like a chore.

What is your favorite ethnic food to eat? Either Indian or Thai.

Do you prefer crickets or ladybugs? Ladybugs! I'm from Texas and the crickets can get so bad in the summer. It's disgusting. They do make a lovely sound, though.

It's in the high 80's right now and I'm already too hot, do you prefer hot weather or cooler weather, what would your ideal average year round temp. be? I HATE being hot. 80 is really pushing it for me. I do love having four seasons, but if I could live somewhere where it never got over 85 I'd be pretty happy.

Do you have a favorite chip to snack on? Not really, but when I was pregnant I couldn't get enough of those Cape Cod Old Fashioned potato chips. I think that's what they're called, anyway.

Do you like your water with or without ice? Without.

Do you subscribe to magazines? if you do, which one's do you get? Mothering and Ode.

Do you like to do anything crafty? if so, then what do you do? Not really. I would like to learn how to paint though. I have made many efforts at doing craft stuff, (jewelry, quilting, etc.), but I tend to not finish what I start. Oh, I did recently learn how to make faux Baby Legs so I've been enjoying that.

I can't wait to read your answers!
Thanks!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchizever View Post
Earthgirl - we both have November Babes!

1) why did you choose that screen name (besides the obvious). I really didn't give it too much thought. My real name means "earth mother"/ "mother of many" and I try to be earth friendly so I guess that's it.

2) do you consider yourself spiritual? Not as much as I'd like. I tend to let things distract me.

3) what does that mean to you? I think just being connected to things outside of your immediate world- knowing that everything is bigger than you, that you are always where you are supposed to be.

4) do you meditate? Sometimes, but not as a regular practice.

5) where is Rosedale, MA? Roslindale is just a neighborhood in Boston. I'm not liking it too much, so we are hoping to move back to Jamaica Plain, which is another Boston neighborhood.

6) what did you do for work before dc? Mostly I was a preschool teacher, but I've also worked with families involved with CPS and families dealing with HIV/AIDS.

7) did you go back to work? do you plan to?
Nope. I'm going to be a SAHM.

User Tag List