When did your babe outgrow infant carseat - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: How old was babe when he/she outgrew your infant carseat?
less than 3 months old 12 11.54%
around 4 months old 29 27.88%
around 5 months old 13 12.50%
around 6 months old 23 22.12%
around 7 months old 5 4.81%
8 months old or older 19 18.27%
didn't use infant carseat 3 2.88%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 07-17-2003, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by kerikadi

P.S. DD had reflux and the only place she was able to sleep for months was the carseat - I don't know what we would have done without it.
Janelle also had reflux and despite zantac and reglan she had to sleep sitting up, she spent every night and nap in that infant seat for over 6 months.

Jillian wife to Ryan and mommy to Janelle Ashlynn (9/09/2002), Kincaid Chance (3/29/2004), Travis Neil (8/13/2007) and River Anderson (5/02/2009).
#32 of 32 Old 07-18-2003, 01:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We didn't buy an infant seat. We went with the convertible right from the get go. However, my inlaws picked up a couple of bucket type seats for us while we traveled. The hospitals in Louisiana give them to their newborns. I don't think you can buy them. It had a 20 pound weight limit, like most other infant seats. Ben out grew it a week or 2 after we got back from our trip. I was worried it wouldn't last. If you do buy an infant seat, go for one with a higher weight limit.

Our convertible is an Evenflo Titan with overhead shield. I don't recommend an overhead shield for a newborn. He was too tiny to fit well. A five point harness is safest, and I think it would be more comfortable for a little one. The shield also takes up a lot of space in the car.

Congrats on your new baby!

edited to add:
Just a note. My carseat was not the kind that comes out and has a handle. I used those kinds with my nephew and my friends baby. I'm 5 feet tall, and I was forever tripping over those darn things. I hated them! They were so heavy and awkward. I also believe that babies need to held as much as possible, and I wouldn't want to leave my little one in a hard plastic seat any more than necessary.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page