Walking - events leading up to it - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-02-2003, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My baby is getting close to walking, I think! But I'm wondering about those who have babies who recently started walking - what did they do right before walking (like days before)? Were they walking behind a push toy, were they taking brave steps from one piece of furniture to another? Or did they just let go and take steps out of the blue? Looking back, did you see them doing things that now you realize they were about to walk? I've got the camera ready, but looking for some signs, I guess.

Also, about how long did they pull up to standing, walk behind a push toy, ect... before they started walking on their own?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-03-2003, 10:11 AM

bs"d

Well, my dd can't quite walk yet, but she has taken up to 10 steps (then falls). She has just been getting more and more confident cruising, and stands longer and longer independently. She likes to stand and bounce up and down. She also like holding things while standing independently. I guess it is a feat of balance. I imagine she'll be walking more any day. BTW- she's 10 mo.
#3 of 5 Old 06-03-2003, 10:39 AM

My DD is almost a walker. She is 11 months and has been gradually working up to it for about 2 or 3 months. She started by cruising, then walking with a push toy, now she can almost cross a room on her own! You can just see the pride on her face

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
#4 of 5 Old 06-03-2003, 11:10 PM

She took a step out to her sister the week before she turned 10 months. Then ( as stated in my sig)on the day she turned 10 mos. she took 4 steps over to my froend and her baby "to peek at the baby" and shes been a pro ever since NO signs except her standing on her own. She started crawling at 7 months and all the milestones before walking followed within weeks..literally.
#5 of 5 Old 06-04-2003, 03:02 AM

My ds is 10months old and is RUNNING! At about 8 months he took his first step and then the next day he took a couple more and then for like a week after that he would take off of the couch without thinking about it, then after a few steps he would realize what he did and stop and then sit down. Pretty soon after that he kept on walking and never looked back!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page