Help! My baby is shoving food in her mouth, choking, and crying for more! - Mothering Forums
Life With a Baby > Help! My baby is shoving food in her mouth, choking, and crying for more!
sylviamama's Avatar sylviamama 08:42 PM 06-02-2003
My 11.5 mo dd is shoving food in her mouth fast and furious now that she has four teeth. She forgets to swallow before putting more in, gags and chokes on it, sometimes spits up - but all the time, she's fussing and crying for more!

Needless to say, mealtimes are not so pleasant. What can I do?

RileysMom's Avatar RileysMom 08:49 PM 06-02-2003
Is she super hungry? sounds sort of like she is..... Maybe you could give her snacks more often?

Just a thought....I do know that some kids just eat like this. My best friend's dd eats like she's famished ALL the time...just *shovels* it in.....
Sofiamomma's Avatar Sofiamomma 01:35 AM 06-03-2003

Sorry! I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing near you! Maybe she got my genes? :LOL
Sofiamomma's Avatar Sofiamomma 01:37 AM 06-03-2003
I'm sorry, that's not very nice of me to laugh, I just got this mental picture, you know? Is there any way you could make a game of it? Make up a silly little ditty about chewing and swallowing before you take more? Singing little ditties always seemed to help Sophia over developmental hurdles and difficult transitions, like getting her face washed. :
Up