First period after birth of babe? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 89 Old 01-08-2009, 01:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
UGH! Just got AF back - and she's so UNWELCOME!

DD is 6 months old. I thought it would be longer too. With DD1 it was 10 months.
#62 of 89 Old 01-08-2009, 08:46 PM

It's been almost seven months and no period, but I've been getting some period-like cramps. So who knows?!
#63 of 89 Old 01-08-2009, 09:36 PM

I just got mine for the first time 8 days ago and it is still here! My babe is 7 months old.
#64 of 89 Old 01-09-2009, 12:27 AM

Mine FINALLY came back two weeks ago. DS had just turned 34 months old! Wow. I almost forgot how the whole thing worked after over 3.5 years.

Leslie, mom to John :, 02/25/06
::::
#65 of 89 Old 01-09-2009, 02:02 AM

What wierd is that I am getting all the icky feelings, and I am only spotting, so who knows, and ds is 11 mnths today

Nicole M Smith Newly Single WAHM to Curtis Scott Blaine III Nam Myoho Renge Kyo is like the roar of the lion
#66 of 89 Old 01-09-2009, 09:04 PM

I'm exclusively pumping and at 9 months ppd, I still don't have my period back.
#67 of 89 Old 01-09-2009, 10:01 PM

Sigh. AF came back when DD was a mere 8 mos. old. Then gone for a few months, now back 2x within 3 weeks. Ugh. Hello, body? Make up your mind, please.
#68 of 89 Old 01-15-2009, 11:55 PM

Mine just came back this week and the twins will be 6 months on saturday. Ugh! OF COURSE it comes back when dh and i line up nursing AND babysitting so we can celebrate the twins turning 6 months by spending the night out ALONE. :

SAHM to 2 year olds Tesla and Lucius. twins.gif
#69 of 89 Old 01-16-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoKat View Post
I just got my first period after the birth of my dd. She is just 5 months old. I was hoping I would be period free for a bit longer. I am still breastfeeding.

When did you all get your periods?
I'd say that sounds glorious!

My period with DD came back at 6 weeks.
Yes, you read that right. six WEEKS.
At 14 weeks with DS.
I sleep with my babes, napped with my babes, exclusively breastfeed, baby wear, no pacifiers, no bottles, the whole shebang. Guess my body doesn't understand lactational amenorrhea.

Tweet me: @kellynaturally Working Mom to 2 Montessori-schooled kids. We're a vegetarian family! I blog at kellynaturally.com <--link in my profile!

#70 of 89 Old 02-26-2009, 09:21 PM

I didn't want to start a new thread because this one is basically my question.

My baby is eight months old now and I've had random bouts of cramping and one AF around 6 months. I delayed solids until about 71/2 mo. though, so I don't know if that is why.

Is it possible to to have humongous cramps and no actual bleeding? Because I have felt like this for a few days now. And my DD is all over the place with her nursing. As soon as she started teething, she started needing to nurse at night again. But she's getting solids 3x a day. I'm cramping when I nurse too, which I only did for a few weeks after delivery.

Anyone else get the cramping without anything else?

nature and art loving homeschooling mom to a half-dozen little treasures.
#71 of 89 Old 02-27-2009, 05:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I thought I was bleeding already the other day - cramps, the metallic smell (kwim?). And then, no period! So I think that is probably normal...

I wonder when I will get mine? My DD will be 8 months this week. Wow!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#72 of 89 Old 02-27-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieB View Post
Mine FINALLY came back two weeks ago. DS had just turned 34 months old! Wow. I almost forgot how the whole thing worked after over 3.5 years.
Same here! DD1 was 35 mo old when AF came back! And oh how I missed her

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#73 of 89 Old 02-27-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiebird View Post
I didn't want to start a new thread because this one is basically my question.

My baby is eight months old now and I've had random bouts of cramping and one AF around 6 months. I delayed solids until about 71/2 mo. though, so I don't know if that is why.

Is it possible to to have humongous cramps and no actual bleeding? Because I have felt like this for a few days now. And my DD is all over the place with her nursing. As soon as she started teething, she started needing to nurse at night again. But she's getting solids 3x a day. I'm cramping when I nurse too, which I only did for a few weeks after delivery.

Anyone else get the cramping without anything else?
Are you sure your not preggo again? Women cramp while nursing pregnant sometimes.

#74 of 89 Old 02-27-2009, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I spotted for 2 days when my third daughter turned a year and haven't had AF again and she's 14months now. My second, AF was back at 10months and my first AF was back at 9months(she was weaned at 7 months).

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#75 of 89 Old 02-27-2009, 03:34 PM

With ds1 I got my period back right around 5 months. He was bf on demand, no binkie, no bottles nothing.
Ds2 is almost 6 months, nurses less overnight (his decision not mine) and takes a binky. No ppaf yet.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#76 of 89 Old 02-27-2009, 03:46 PM

3 months here.
#77 of 89 Old 02-27-2009, 04:01 PM

no af yet...and baby is ten months,

like some others i miss auntie flo...i used that time to recenter myself physically, and now it's hard to keep myself motivated and aware without that physical reminder.

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
#78 of 89 Old 02-27-2009, 06:25 PM

DD was 4.5 months, exclusively bf, coslept, nursing every 1-3 hrs day/night.

Have you noticed a lot of milk fluctuation with AF and ovulation? I feel like my supply has been low more than high lately with hormone stuff. Also the nipple pain, ayayay, half the month sometimes they hurt.

The upside is that it's really the only time of the month that DD actually sleeps ok, right when I get AF, she goes easy on me and sleeps a bit better at night. Of course she balances that out during ov when she's up every 30 minutes. I had no idea hormones were going to effect this nursing stuff so much.
#79 of 89 Old 02-27-2009, 07:12 PM

I got mine 4 1/2 months after delivery. It was so odd - like getting it for the first time again. What a surprise. Then I didn't get one for 6 weeks.
I would say my milk has slowed a little bit; I was concerned about that.
Roseyroses: interesting about your dd sleeping habits. I'm going to have to look more closely at the patterns. Ours is seriously teething (we're welcoming 2 more to the 4 she already has through) so sleeping has been erratic at best.

mom to DD and one on the way, wife since 1997 to a great guy

#80 of 89 Old 02-27-2009, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Nearly 12 months and counting. Rowan still nurses quite a lot and isn't that into solids; we cosleep, don't use a pacifier and all that jazz. Really, though, I suspect it has more to do with the fact that I've never been super regular/frequent.

I would be quite happy to remain period-free for a good long while yet, thanks!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#81 of 89 Old 02-27-2009, 11:10 PM

Hanging out waiting for the return of AF at 8.5 months PP here. Baby is still nursing a zillion times at night so I think that's helping to delay her return. I'd happily trade a horrendous AF for a full night's rest . Oh well, I don't miss her.
#82 of 89 Old 02-28-2009, 03:17 AM

Same here, tapiocapudding! Almost 9 months, the human pacifier at night (yawn!), pumping at work during the day...

DS has started solids so we'll see what happens when he starts eating more table foods...
#83 of 89 Old 09-01-2013, 08:54 AM

I got mine back 6 months postpartum. My son is exclusively breasted. Although he did dip a little in frequency right before I started due to teething. Since they popped through e is back to eating normally. Is it possible to loose your period again after it has already started? I hope so I'm so not ready for another baby. DH and I have been using condoms I can't take conventional birth control pills. greensad.gif
#84 of 89 Old 09-09-2013, 09:14 PM

EBF with every child-- first one was 15 months (caught the egg and conceived), second one 11 months and DS3 is now almost 7 months and nothing yet. I feel like it'll come back sooner again maybe but PLEASE give me a little more time! I love not having a period.

Jean, feminist mama raising three boys: W (7), E (5) and L (2.15.13)

#85 of 89 Old 09-11-2013, 07:31 AM

DS1=2 mos
DS2=5 mos
#86 of 89 Old 09-11-2013, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My own returned at 32 month.
I found out at 18 months I was practicing 'Ecological Breastfeeding'. I had no clue what that even was until I read it here on MDC one day with my 18 month old on my breast. Apparently that was what I had been doing all along. It just felt right to me, so I did it.
#87 of 89 Old 09-18-2013, 07:17 AM

I went 13 to 14 months with all of my children. I had some bleeding at 9 weeks with my second one, well after the lochia has stopped, but I was taking care of (IE running after) a High Need Toddler (who was no longer nursing) and a very wakeful newborn and the midwife who cared for me in my OB's practice thought it was just a sign I was up and around too much and sent me to bed to "rest"  with two babies!

I see women menstruating at sometimes as early as 3-5 months post partum, even while completely breastfeeding. These women usually have high estrogen levels, which is more common in younger women (usually younger than 23 or so) and women with a bit more body fat, that acts almost as a conduit for more circulating estrogen. Also, some women just naturally have higher estrogen levels than others and they often get their periods back sooner.

The longest I've seen a woman go was nearly 4 years. She was one of those women who couldn't conceive even if she was breastfeeding a little bit, for whatever reason. Each of her children had to be completely weaned or she didn't menstruate or ovulate.

If you have menstruated post partum, do consider yourself fertile. I've worked with women who had one period at 4 or 5 months and then not an other one until their babies were a year, but the chance of ovulating is always there and high if you have had even one period. So it's good to keep that in mind, even if you are Ecologically Breastfeeding.

The average is about a year after birth for Ecologically Breastfeeding moms.

Attachment Parenting: The radical notion that children are human. bfinfant.gif
#88 of 89 Old 09-18-2013, 06:46 PM

I am one of those women who doesn't get AF back for a crazy long time (3 yrs w/ my 1st). And I weaned dd2 at 2.5 yrs old and waited over 2 mo and no AF. Had to induce AF w/ progesterone.

#89 of 89 Old 09-18-2013, 08:57 PM

I got mine back at 4.5 months, despite my DD nursing very frequently and all through the night.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Tags
Post Partum

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page