How often do you bathe your baby? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: How often do you bathe your baby?
Every day 36 23.23%
Every other day 24 15.48%
2x a week 46 29.68%
Once a week or less 49 31.61%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-17-2003, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
not to sound too daft or anything .... but how does one shower with a baby?

i am expecting my first in sept and would love to know how you manage to shampoo, etc, while holding a babe. is there a water sling or something?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2003, 06:09 AM

I bathe Liam every day, but mostly because he absolutely loves it. If he hated the bath, I'd do it once or twice a week, tops.

mostly WAHM, sometimes WOHM to my : two boys.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:32 PM

Austin gets a bath every day to every other day. Depends on if we went out or not. He gets sweaty in his carseat, Florida is hot!

KHG Accounting : Tax , Accounting and Quickbooks services.
File your taxes online for FREE - 39.95. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:36 AM

I voted everyday. Every morning I put dd in the sink and wash anywhere that her diaper touched. I just think I would feel so yucky if I sat in my pee pee all night- or even part of the night- or ever Now that she is crawling I have to keep her contained while I shower so I sit her on the floor of the tub while I shower and she is contained and having fun at the same time. Then when i am done with myslef I bathe her. (nak) When she was smaller I would use a pouch sling with her in the shower. We also take baths together, but since we go swimmming so much now, I usually make bathing a quick thing and swimming a pool thing.

Also, there are water slings. There are lots of different kinds, but you can just use a New Native or similar pouch sling, IMO. Mesh is better, but not so much that it's worth buying a whole new sling.
Lauren
Old 07-28-2003, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
DW (crayon) and I take showers with DD about everyother day - she has only had 2 baths every - we feel that family shower time is good fun and bonding time. - two of us also make is easier when she gets as slippery as an oyster.

Scott

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 03:52 PM

I bathe my baby every day or just about, because she gets so sweaty and spit-up smelling. She is a very hot-natured baby, and by the second day her hair looks awful. She likes baths, so it isn't a big deal and it's part of our bedtime routine now. I've never heard of taking a shower with a baby. This concept is new to me, but maybe I'll consider getting a mesh sling and trying it out. Sometimes I don't get a shower until dh gets home, because I can't get time away from dd, but this way I would be able to take a shower any time. Hmmm... not a bad idea.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
Old 08-09-2003, 01:48 AM

I voted everyday. But it isn't by choice. If ds doesn't get in the water at least once a day he is a MONSTER.
He's 5 months today (when did *that* happen????) and still has lots of tummy troubles from whatever I eat. The tub is the only place he won't cry.
There are times when I'm about to cry 'cause I'm sick of spending HOURS in the bathroom each day...but hey...he's only this age once, right?

Back on topic--ds1 was bathed once or twice a week, depending on how hot or cold it was. I was totally comfortable with that and with him getting a wipe off from head to toe at least once a day.

mom to three boys:  reading.gif(18 bigeyes.giffencing.gif(10&7)
Old 08-09-2003, 11:26 PM

Every day, because unfortunately dd is a "spitter". Well actually that's being pretty polite since many days she is more of a "puker". Sigh. I keep telling her that she's keeping those detergent people in business because they have little babies too!

KT : - Smitten mama to J & M : Looking for a local group in SEPA? - See my homepage!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:57 AM

I bathe dd about twice a week. She gets a daily spongebath.
IMO she just doesn't get dirty enough to warrent a bath every day. I think as she gets older, she'll get more frequent baths, perhaps daily for the fun factor if nothing else. When I do bathe her, we make it an event and are in the tub quite a while. She loves it!

User Tag List