What is your favorite sling, and why? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-04-2003, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering... I'm wanting to look for a new one Also, what is your favorite hip carrier, and at what age did you start using it!
#2 of 9 Old 06-04-2003, 08:56 PM

Over the shoulder baby holder. I have been using it with DD since she was 3 wks old. We both love it.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#3 of 9 Old 06-05-2003, 12:09 AM

I absolutely LOVE my Maya Wrap!

I have been through tons of slings/carriers over the years.. and this is by far the tops!

I have slung my preemie diaper (5lbs) and my big 'baby' who currently is 5yrs old, and weighs roughly 48lbs.

It is VERY versatile!
#4 of 9 Old 06-05-2003, 11:04 AM

Maya Wrap is my favorite by a long shot.

I always used OTSBH in the past, but they are way too bulky to me with the side cushioning.

I have hearrd that wraps with cushioned side rails are best for newborns. I used the Maya with no problems. My dh prefers the Maya as well.

Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible---St. Francis of Assisi
#5 of 9 Old 06-05-2003, 09:16 PM

they maya by far. I have used the no jo and the otsbh and they were just too bulky and too hard to get really snug. I think probably any unpadded sling I would like....and very easy to use in the hip carry!

Heidi : Married for 15 years, expecting our 8th baby in July!

#6 of 9 Old 06-06-2003, 06:55 AM

I love my Maya Wrap and my Kissaluvs. I use the MW when I'm out and about because it has a pocket. I've had several people ask me about slinging and so now I keep some papers with information about the benefits of slings, the differences, and where to get them in the pocket so I can pass 'em out. (I should start making commission!! =) )

~Melissa
#7 of 9 Old 06-07-2003, 12:57 PM

My all time fave is the Maya Wrap! I use it for my newborn exclusively. I have a New Native Baby Carrier and two other slings with lightly padded rails but I really just prefer the Maya. You can't beat the adjustability or the great fabric!

I carry my 6w old in it all the time, he loves the chest to chest hold. I like the NNBC, but I can't do the chest to chest with a newborn. The NNBC worked well as a hip carrier for my toddler. I haven't tried the Maya as a hip carrier since my 2yo likes to run everywhere she goes! ag
#8 of 9 Old 06-07-2003, 01:23 PM

I LOVE my new native! Amber does not like to be cradled in arms or the sling, so I have her sit in the sling with her chest/head facing me. She naps in it the majority of the time and it fits me really well. Also, we have a Baby Bjorn and since its been really, really hot here, I like that too. I think it keeps her cooler with all of her extremities out.

Warmly~

Lisa:bf

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::
#9 of 9 Old 06-07-2003, 01:53 PM

WOw...another Maya wrap fan here. I got it as a gift a few years ago, the best present anyone could have gotten me I used it since birth on Donovan and now Liam, and it is still in fantastic shape and the colors are still vibrant. Not to mention much easier to use/adjust than padded rail slings. I am thinking about getting a sling with just a padded shoulder, I found those comfortable.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page