Cold virus cause loose stools? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-31-2007, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds, 6.5 months has had a terrible time as of late. He had a cold, a minor one, then croup 2 days off and now, poor thing has an awful cold with a runny nose that never stops, nasal congestion, ect. No fever, or cough, but he does have loose stools, about 5 a day. Is this normal? He acts fine, doesn't act like he is in pain or anything. He is on a tiny amount of solids. Mostly food he self feeds twice a day. Nothing lately that would be causing the loose stools. i did purposely catch his cold, not sure if that was smart or not, I just wnated my body to make antibodies for him. But, I really don't feel well and it's the weekend and I have 3 other kids and my husband is well, no help, and.........:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-01-2007, 11:43 AM

I haven't read anthing about the science behind cold virus/loose stool, but I have plenty of anecdotal evidence! My DS also has loose stool when he's sick with a cold (friend's child also). My only thought was that I have been nursing him sooo uch more and his little body is producing a lot of mucus (I'm sure he's swallowing a bunch), so maybe that's affecting his little belly? Hmm.

"Hey, mama!" to the fried dough lovin', monkey-boy.joy.gifI'm back and ready to chat!

#3 of 4 Old 04-01-2007, 12:05 PM

I noticed the same thing, not every single time he's had a cold, but it does seem to be a correlation. And when he had the flu he really had the runs the whole time.

DS 2006 nocirc.gif DiaperFreeBaby angel1.gif March 2010, DD 2011

#4 of 4 Old 04-01-2007, 12:07 PM

A cold virus sure affected my 7 month old last month! I'm sure it varies with different viruses, but it can definitely make for runny poop.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page