~*~*~ *November 2006 Mamas ~*~*~ Welcome to April ~*~*~* - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-16-2007, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dd has very dark blue eyes...both DH and I have blue eyes and since blue eyes are recessive, DD will have blue eyes like the other 2 kids...but they'll probably lighten like our other DD's did (hers were *AMAZING* purple/blue - kind of like Elizabeth Taylor's)...

OUCH - sorry about the wedding fall...Is this falling contagious? I'm now being **EXTRA** careful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2007, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogreencars View Post
How awful! And how funny it was recorded! It would be kinda cool to save that recording for when DC is old enough to appreciate it!
I agree, it would have been a good idea. but I was so sleep deprived when my sister showed it to me and everyone was talking when she played it for me, that when I tried to replay it for myself I accidentally deleted it...

Congratulations on the teeth everyone! Dov has been acting like he's teething, and he has these little hints of bumps, but they're where his canines would be, not his incisors. So I don't know if it's teeth or not. However, I say the longer he wants to wait the better.... The better able he'll be to help himself with the pain.

Sleeping has been miserable these past few days because Dov has a stuffed nose and is having trouble nursing. So he nurses with breaks for breathing until he's no longer starving, and then of course he's hungry half an hourlater. He also won't sleep unless I'm holding him -- in fact, won't do anything except cry when I'm not holding him, which is soooo not working for me -- I have finals in a aweek and I'm alone this week.

Back to get the crying baby....
It's a good thing we love them so much or I don't know how we would do it.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter

ok...I've been remiss in my duties as thread starter : ...I've not - UNTIL NOW - added the whole bunch of Nov. 06 babes that were patiently waiting to be added...sorry...I've got A LOT on my plate...BUT - I've now added them! Thanks, guys and gals for your patience! I've added a few from March and the rest from April...If I've not added your babe - please REMIND me! Or, if you're new...I'll add your babe, too!

So - DRUMROLL PLEASE - Will you all please

Siann
Elija
Erik
Eleanor
Abhainn
Lily
Nicholas
Ben
Ryan
Sophia

...and their mamas and families!

Whew...I was getting so about my failure to add everyone...

Check out the list of names - pretty cool, eh? We've got 93 Nov. 2006 babes!!!

Also - the *only* date we're missing is Nov. 8th...ANYONE???
Old 04-16-2007, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter

Dov's mom - I would have done something like inadvertently delete the message.

So sorry about the crying and lack of sleep...I'm too sleep-deprived myself to offer more than a
Old 04-16-2007, 02:35 AM

Geez, we are having fun here! DD is full of charms and has completely bewitched me! We laugh, play, snuggle, nap, go on walks...pure bliss. The bliss is occassionally overshadowed by teething crankiness. I expect she'll pop one any day now.

But the BIG PROBLEM is that I am going bald. I am competing with my English Bulldog for the most shed hair (and those of you who own bulldogs -- you know they are HEAVY SHEDDERS)! What are you ladies doing to keep the hair from falling out????
Old 04-16-2007, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCTMom View Post
Geez, we are having fun here! DD is full of charms and has completely bewitched me! We laugh, play, snuggle, nap, go on walks...pure bliss. The bliss is occassionally overshadowed by teething crankiness. I expect she'll pop one any day now.

But the BIG PROBLEM is that I am going bald. I am competing with my English Bulldog for the most shed hair (and those of you who own bulldogs -- you know they are HEAVY SHEDDERS)! What are you ladies doing to keep the hair from falling out????
I am so relieved that I am not the only one shedding. DH is convinced that I must be sick or malnourished to be losing so much hair, and I have to vacumn twice/day or poor DS ends up playing with hairballs instead of his toys. Hopefully someone has a great solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogreencars
ok...I've been remiss in my duties as thread starter
Oh, hardly! Thanks for having the thread up so quickly every month and keeping track of all of the sweet Nov. babes! 93 babies.. WOW!
Old 04-16-2007, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCTMom View Post

There is absolutely nothing to do now. The hair that's falling out all died around when you gave birth -- your hair should even out to about where it was before pregnancy in a few months. If your hair was especially thick during pregnancy, as some women experience, you'll have heavier hair loss now.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:18 AM

Hello all ...

Sorry to hear about all of the baby dropping. I have had a fear for some time that I am going to fall down while wearing her and crack her head open or something.

Eye color changing -- yep.
Ingrid's eyes were blue until 3 months, and we were starting to think they would stay (DH has amazing blue eyes). But they have begun a very gradual change. Currently they are a pretty lovely color that is difficult to describe-- grayish greenish brownish? I have brown eyes, and I imagine hers will eventually settle to brown. Hers are so pretty, though- it's the first thing people comment on when they see her (followed by her olive skin-- "does your baby have a tan?!!?")

So-- she has another cold.
She had one 6 weeks ago, and it turned up on the weekend, probably from a Thursday playgroup that we go to. This one showed up at the same time-- probably from that same playgroup. She is so stuffy. Last time we thought she had an ear infection, b/c she was up in the night crying her head off, which she had never done before in her whole life, but her ears were clear when we took her in. She was in pain for sure, though..
I am really hoping this one goes better. We are going to stay home today and nurse and sleep and maybe just take a short walk to get some fresh air.

I'm sort of torn now, wondering if we should stop going to playgroups until she is a little older. These other babies aren't in daycare, so it is not like they are sick all of the time. She does seem to enjoy going, being a true people watcher.... and I don't want to keep her in a bubble or be a germ freak (I'm really not a germ freak). I want her immune system to be exposed to germs, etc. But to be sick twice at 5 months seems like a lot. What do you all think?
Is anyone else thinking about this?

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
Old 04-16-2007, 11:55 AM

Just a check in for us! Yarrow is great...still not rolling over and certainly no where near sitting or crawling yet (thank goodness!!). I am throughly enjoying how much more laid back I am with her than I was with my ds.

Shedding: Got that here too...doesn't help that I have an OCD condition called Trichotillomania or compulsive hair pulling and it is really, really hard not to pull when I just get so much hair...if you have any OCD issues you might understand this! Its extremely satisfying...

Yarrow has been sick at least three times, maybe more since birth. In my house its going to happen since she has two older siblings who also have friends over to play. We also go to play groups for my ds to save both his and my sanity!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
Old 04-16-2007, 12:00 PM

DD's eyes are a really odd color now too. When she was born they were slate gray. They've since morphed into an odd combination of green gray and brown.... kind of in a pinwheel design. I think they look super cool. Both her daddy and I have hazel eyes.

No drops yet, but not for her lack of trying. She has gotten so darned squirmy recently she's really hard to hold on to.

ATruck - as for the playgroup thing, personally I wouldn't stop going. IF Ingrid enjoys it, what harm is a little cold here and there. It will help boost her immune system. It's been six weeks since the last one, right? SO it's not like she's getting sick every time you go. Anyway, that's my $.02

Morgan is sitting up entirely on her own now. I put some pillows behind her and I can actually walk out of the room long enough to pee and she'll happily play with some toys. Her absolutely favorite thing to do now is to chew on her binkie. It's a "soothie" so it's one solid piece of soft pacifier and she holds it in her hands and gums it while moaning happily. No sign of teeth yet, but all the signs are here.... runny snotty poo, drooling like a queen, chewing on everything in sight. odd hacking cough from all the inhaled drool, etc etc.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Another November 2006 baby - please Guillaume - born 11-9-06 - Guys-girl's son!
Old 04-16-2007, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

ATruck - re: the Playgroup...is there any way to politely suggest that the *sick* kids or their sick parents not go when they're sick? I kind of have an issue with sick people attending baby playgroups. I think it's kind of selfish as their bacteria/viruses/whatever can really affect others more than they've been affected themselves.

Having said that, I think DD's stuffy noses have also come from her playgroup...and her siblings (who get *REALLY* sick - like 105.5 (!) - when sick kids attend their school - NOT cool! I keep mine home when they're sick/contagious!). Just a bit of a rant...sorry!

Re: hair loss...I always shed...I guess I'm balder than ever...which is quite a feat as I have very long hair!
Old 04-16-2007, 02:05 PM
cmg

Quote:
Originally Posted by esylvia View Post
Oohh, I keep meaning to ask if anybody's eyes have changed color yet.
We keep shifting shades of blue, but I think they'll stay that way 'cause dh and I both have blue eyes.

I haven't dropped dd (yet - although it's been close a few times!) but I did bang her head into the door post . I really hate her pain cry - she almost stops breathing as she winds up for wailing .
Old 04-16-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Another November 2006 baby - please Guillaume - born 11-9-06 - Guys-girl's son!

awwww.......my little Guy!
:

thank you for the addition
Old 04-16-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmg View Post
I really hate her pain cry - she almost stops breathing as she winds up for wailing .
Yes! DD has that same cry. Whenever something happens like she falls backwards while sitting up and DH says "no, she's ok" I always say "wait for it...." and then she starts. Poor thing.

twogreencars- I agree totally about not bringing sick kids to play groups. A few weeks ago MJ had a cough (turns out it was from teething and inhaling drool, not being sick) but we didn't got to gymboree for that reason. Besides, if your kid is feeling awful, why bring them anyway? I only meant, in response to ATruck's comment, that it seems to me that staying away form a playgroup that her DD likes is not really the answer. She's gonna get sick of other mother's aren't considerate, but at least it's just a cold and that will help her immune system in the end anyway.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov'sMom View Post
Back to get the crying baby....
It's a good thing we love them so much or I don't know how we would do it.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:55 AM
Sap

Anyone else eating their toes yet? Hana is fascinated with her feet at the moment - any time she's laying on her back she's got her bum in the air and her feet in her hands (or her mouth!) it's adorable! (and makes diaper changes easier ) She's also doing MUCH better sitting now, she can sit and play with toys, and in her bouncy seat she sits stright up instead of leaning against the back.

Everyone keeps asking if she's rolling all over the place. She's not. She can roll, she just still doesn't seem to want to. It was the same with lifting her head/tummy time when she was 2 months. She *could* do it, and would every now and then, but most of the time on her tummy she just isn't having a good time. Meh, I don't mind so much.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:51 AM

I haven't updated in awhile but Magnus is doing great. He's rolling all over the place he can get across the room on rolling alone. We have to be really careful now so that he doesn't roll off the couch or bed!
Also he is teething like crazy but hasn't popped any teeth yet... Babbling, giggling, grabbing his feet, getting up on his knees, trying to crawl. It's all wayyyyy to soon for me. I want him to stay a baby forever.
I'm having so much fun with him we all are. It's great reading all the updates of everyone wee ones.

Melissa
Old 04-17-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sap View Post
Anyone else eating their toes yet? Hana is fascinated with her feet at the moment - any time she's laying on her back she's got her bum in the air and her feet in her hands (or her mouth!) it's adorable! (and makes diaper changes easier )
YES! Isn't it just the most adorable thing ever!!! Morgan spends a good portion of the day diaperless (I use a waterproof pad for mattresses on the floor with loads of CPF under her bum for absorbency and whenever we do that she just has to have her feet in her mouth. She's now working on getting them both in at the same time.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableGirl View Post
YES! Isn't it just the most adorable thing ever!!! Morgan spends a good portion of the day diaperless (I use a waterproof pad for mattresses on the floor with loads of CPF under her bum for absorbency and whenever we do that she just has to have her feet in her mouth. She's now working on getting them both in at the same time.
Dov has been trying valiantly to get his feet in his mouth but hasn't quite managed yet -- maybe the problem is that I don't let him go diaperless enough. Now that I think about it, the one time he did manage was without a diaper. Will have to see about that...
Old 04-17-2007, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Anyone else eating their toes yet? Hana is fascinated with her feet at the moment - any time she's laying on her back she's got her bum in the air and her feet in her hands (or her mouth!) it's adorable! (and makes diaper changes easier )
DD also *LOVES* doing this! Absolutely adorable!
Old 04-17-2007, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

How do you play with your baby? What toys does s/he play with on their own? What toys do you play with DC with? What other things, eg. baby gym do you use? What games do you play with DC, eg. "superbaby" (flying through the air)? What does DC like best?

I'm asking because I'm sure there are * A LOT * of things I could be doing with DD that I just haven't thought of yet...

DD loves flying through the air, loves being above our heads. We have a lovely wooden baby gym which DD loved playing with, but not sure if she likes it anymore. DD has a giraffe which is just the right weight for her to hold and bang against things. We got out our bead rollercoaster toy and apparently 4+ month olds like it when you move the beads, but we haven't tried that yet. We've got tons of toys from DS and DD#1's babyhoods, but she's now just getting into them. We also have a Music Blocks music thingy - from nearly 7 years ago (!) - which DD loves listening to.

What about you?

Cross-posted in Life with a Babe so we can get even *more* ideas!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:40 AM

Quote:
DD also *LOVES* doing this! Absolutely adorable!

DD is also a foot muncher...some days it seems like her only goal is to eat her feet or coo and giggle when I pretend to...she likes to hold her foot out for me to nibble.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:57 AM
Sap

Most of my "playing" with Hana is singing to her and talking to her, playing finger games, naming/touching her parts (this is your head, your nose, etc.) and doing the same when she touches me (today I even said "you're eating mommy's nose!" oh what fun lol). We sit on the floor together and read her books, play with her toys etc.

She lately is loving blankets. If I need to put her down for a while and get something done (like pack a diaper bag or make a phone call) I just lay her on the floor with a blanket over her. She chews it and kicks it off of her and rolls around on it. It's quite fun to watch actually. She also has an attraction to burp rags (usually the cheep preflolds). She chews them and waves them around.

We don't use a play gym usually with her anymore. We did, and she loved it, b ut then started getting bored when she learned how to grab the toys and they were attatched. We just bought a water gym for her, we'll see how that goes tomarrow. We did get her a jumperoo sort of thing which she absolutely loves.

When she plays on her own it mostly learning how to put everything in her mouth. It's a lot of fun to watch. She also likes the flying through the air thing, and standing, and larning how to sit.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:10 AM

Magnus has really been into chewing on his hands, blankets, his clothes etc. We play peek a boo that really makes him laugh. My older daughters like to play pat a cake and he really likes and recognizes that as we've done that since he was born. He likes a few little rattle type toys but mostly we play with him over our heads, blowing raspberries, tickling his feet and neck, getting him in the crook of his neck. He loves his feet.

He talks to himself when he wakes in the morning. He also puts his little hands on either side of my face, he gives us kisses(or at least I like to think he does)He does a repetitive growly type of noise when he gets tired and is about to fall asleep. He babbles alot and I swear that sometimes he mimics the sounds that we make.

I made a video today on the camera and I got him laughing and tooting it was really funny.

This is a really fun age.

M
Old 04-18-2007, 09:45 AM

As much as I love playing with MJ and I think this is a great age, if she doesn't learn how to roll from her tummy to her back soon I'm going to go insane. She instantly rolls onto her tummy as soon as I put her down for sleep or a nap. fine. When she's asleep that's fine, but if she wakes up on her tummy she gets very upset. I don't think I got more than 2 hours sleep all night last night. :
Old 04-18-2007, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
. We just bought a water gym for her, we'll see how that goes tomarrow. We did get her a jumperoo sort of thing which she absolutely loves.
What's a water gym?
Old 04-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Sap

It's one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Play-.../dp/B000066666

We tried it out today, she really likes it! We don't usually get toys like this, but this one actually seemed useful - she can feel the water move, see the shapes moving when she touches them etc. Plus it keeps her happy on her tummy, which is a miracle. She really liked it! We layed on the floor for almost a half hour together pushing the shapes and feeling the water move, it was great.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It's one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Play-.../dp/B000066666

We tried it out today, she really likes it! We don't usually get toys like this, but this one actually seemed useful - she can feel the water move, see the shapes moving when she touches them etc. Plus it keeps her happy on her tummy, which is a miracle. She really liked it! We layed on the floor for almost a half hour together pushing the shapes and feeling the water move, it was great.
Ah. We had one of those for DD#1...think I kept it for the last 9 years...now...where the heck is it???? I''ll probably find it when she's 5 years old!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:50 PM

Talia munches her toes a little, but mostly just loves to grab them and play with them... she is also doing what I call her "cricket rub" where she violently rubs her feet together... it almost seems like she does it to get her socks or booties off (and it works!) but she keeps doing it with bare feet too.... her eyes haven't settled quite yet, but they seem more and more green all the time, which would be exciting, because dd1's eyes are brown like dh's so I want a girl with my eyes! hehe. Anyone else's babe having a hard time sleeping suddenly? I am really hoping it is teething, as opposed to a change in sleep pattern!

User Tag List