~July '06 mamas, chatting in April~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wowie, I get to start the new thread!! Yippee skippy!

So how's everybody doing? What are those babies up to?
What are they eating?

Most of the babes will be 9 months this month! Time does fly.
#2 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 05:45 PM

Perfect now I can follow a thread from the begining and not have to spend days catching up. DD is doing great with the walking, but today is getting a runny nose so we'll se how it goes, she's understandably clingy but it's kinda nice since she'd always on the go lately and we get some cuddle time, now. I swear even currling up in bed to fall asleep lately is a kicking, pinching, sing her self to sleep kinda nights lol. But hey at least she's sleeping alot better once she's out.
#3 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 06:26 PM

Yay I can be here from the beginning too! No more lurking I can keep up this time. My DS was born at the end of July so he just turned 8 months. We haven't started on solids yet but he doesn't seem to mind. No steps by himself yet but boy can he boogie holding my hands. He is definitely sleeping longer though.

nak
#4 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 06:45 PM

DD is getting brave and trying to let go. I've caught her almost standing with out climbing up anything too, she's getting there.
#5 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 08:08 PM

Hey girls! Nice to find you. I used to post regularly on another Mommy board but I like MDC better. :P

My C was born on July 10 and she's growing up too fast. It sounds like she's on par with most of your babies: Standing and walking with assistance; not crawling yet, but loves to cruise. (She can't pull up by herself yet, though. I blame it on the fact that Mommy hovers over her all the time. I can't help it-- she won't let me leave her side! Talk about spoiled-- umm, attached. LOL) She can say a few words but mostly loves to imitate sounds and babble constantly. She is very vocal and social, which is funny to me because DH and I are introverts!

She has been exculsively breastfed, except a little bit of supplemental formula in the hospital for jaundice (and a dumb nurse who gave a bottle against my wishes! ) We are playing around with solids once a day, but she doesn't eat much. We do organic veggie puree. YUM!

We are delaying vaxes until at least age two, and then selectively. I worry about autoimmune and neurological effects. She did have her first round of DTAP.

I can't wait to get to know you all and your babies!
#6 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 09:09 PM

Katie-bird is eating everything and anything in sight, but especially loves her berries, pieces of chicken, and cheese. All kinds of cheese! We had Jarlsburg (sp?) today! Yum!

She always eats a solids breakfast (which could be anything from yogurt to boston baked lentils to my oatmeal), and about 5 out of 7 nights she'll have a solids supper, too. Whatever we're eating if it's ok for her - so, anything except shell fish or hard raw veggies -one benefit of baby-led solids and giving her "real" food is that it's making us eat a bit more healthfully, since we let her grab off our plates. Still gets her 10-12oz of breastmilk each day, and then the rest in formula.

Stats: 27+ inches, just over 16lbs, 7 1/2 teeth (8th broke through a few days ago), full head of hair. Still fits into 3-6mos clothes, but can generally wear 6-9 months, admittedly baggy.

What's she doing? For over a month the whole cruising, pulling up, etc. Been crawling for almost 2 months now...she's starting to stand alone momentarily...maybe a couple of seconds. And she LOVES to walk around with us holding her hands. Since I spend so much time outside with her at work, we went and bought a TEENY tiny little pair of sandals for her for when she's on the asphalt trying to walk around. I don't want to put her in shoes at all, but, for the driveway, with summer coming, it's needed.

Oh, and her new thing is feeding other people. Loves to feed me, Da-da, even Puppy. But she teases! She'll put the food in your mouth, and then pull it out and laugh! A couple of days ago, I watched her and the dog sitting on the floor. Katie had the dog's rawhide, and she'd put it in Puppy's mouth, let her chew it, then take it out, put it in HER mouth (I know, I know, but a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's, right?), chew on it, then put it back in Puppy's mouth. Repeat until Puppy finally walked away after Katie gave her the rawhide.

Still loves bathtime, petting puppy, her windchimes, and dances to her learning table. Cute as all get out.
#7 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 10:12 PM

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#8 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 10:19 PM

Sub'bing.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#9 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 10:43 PM

Hey there mamas!

We are crawling quickly here, almost pulling up, almost clapping, loving life, and no words yet!

Happy to see you all here!

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#10 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 10:58 PM

uh....forgot what I was going to say....

mdc was "too busy" when I first went to reply.

Amara stands now easily by herself! Sometimes I go to put her on the floor and she "plunks" firmly on her feet and I can just leave her like that! *eyespoppingsmilie* 18 seconds is her latest record. She's outta control.

*brag session complete*

Happy April, everyone! I will be 35 this month!
#11 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 10:59 PM

Aydensmama, you are not happy to see ALL of us here?

: : : : : : : : : :
#12 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 11:17 PM

Hi!!! We went up to Vancouver to hang out the set of a movie that is going to have one of my songs in it. It was really fun. We also went to the aquarium and to a party at a curling club! We learned how to curl and got to play in a tournament with the cast and crew members from the movie! I only fell on the ice twice!

Panda just had her first poop in 5 days and it was sticky and stinky!!! She has been eating Barbara's Oat Os, plums, grapes, pears, avocado, bananas. No crawling yet but she tries to climb up stuff and falls on her face a lot.

She is really funny. She is saying "MAMA" for me now. Not just "mumumumu" when she wants milk. And she says "dada" and "pop" and we were watching the dog show on teevee in our hotel the other night and she was really excited and saying "doggy, doggy, doggy!" She hasn't said it since though.

This weekend we were in Portland and she kept trying to say "Jake". That is who we were staying with. It was really cute.

She says hi too.

I have been sick all day. :Puke And I have a show tonight. Ugh.

We should just hang a sign at the club that says "APRIL FOOL" and go home and go to bed
#13 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Aydensmama, you are not happy to see ALL of us here?

: : : : : : : : : :
AHHHHHHHHHHH, OMG what a typo in the sense of words in my brain not typing right! Some mamas I haven't seen in a couple months, and I am happy they joined in, BUT I am truly happy to see everyone.

Ok, I am stopping now.....FOOT IN MOUTH!

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#14 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimya View Post
Hi!!! We went up to Vancouver to hang out the set of a movie that is going to have one of my songs in it. It was really fun. We also went to the aquarium and to a party at a curling club! We learned how to curl and got to play in a tournament with the cast and crew members from the movie! I only fell on the ice twice!

Panda just had her first poop in 5 days and it was sticky and stinky!!! She has been eating Barbara's Oat Os, plums, grapes, pears, avocado, bananas. No crawling yet but she tries to climb up stuff and falls on her face a lot.

She is really funny. She is saying "MAMA" for me now. Not just "mumumumu" when she wants milk. And she says "dada" and "pop" and we were watching the dog show on teevee in our hotel the other night and she was really excited and saying "doggy, doggy, doggy!" She hasn't said it since though.

This weekend we were in Portland and she kept trying to say "Jake". That is who we were staying with. It was really cute.

She says hi too.

I have been sick all day. :Puke And I have a show tonight. Ugh.

We should just hang a sign at the club that says "APRIL FOOL" and go home and go to bed
Oh I hope you feel better and your show goes well.

I love all of Panda's words, no words here....waiting patiently!

#15 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 11:49 PM

Wow, can't believe I'm actually catching this thread at the beginning, instead of just lurking, as usual!
Within the space of a week a couple of weeks ago, both boys started sitting up, crawling, getting two teeth, saying "mama" and pulling up!:
It's a madhouse here now! They're both starting to say "dada," too, but only under coercion/prompting by good ol' dada. He also swears that Eli crawled over to Hannah the other day and actually said her name. I'm not so sure, since he hasn't repeated it. Their favorite trick is to crawl over to each other, then try to pull up using the other's back for support. Usually ends in a major screamfest for the pull-ee and shrieks of enjoyment of the 'conquest' (Mt. Eli & Mt. Sam?) from the pull-er.
As for food, they are chowhounds, loving bananas, pears, avocados, sweet potatoes, squash, and oatmeal w/applesauce. Am dying to try Yo-baby this week, since my daughter used to love that stuff.
I think they are around 19-20 lbs, and not so sure about height. They won't stay in one spot long enough for me to measure!

Cindi, mama to Hannah (7/04) :, Eli & Sam (6/06) :
#16 of 290 Old 04-01-2007, 11:58 PM

Wow everybody. I think right now is the funest time. Kiana has figured out waving and she uses it at the right time too, for hello and goodbye. The other day she wasn't happy in her highchair I took her out and she started waving bye at the high chair, lol. She is also eating a variety of cereals, purees, and tons of finger food, not to mention everything we eat in some small form. She's going on adventure now exploreing every room of the house every chance she gets. And she's quick to so it's like hide and seek but she doesn't know I'm supposed to find her. Anyways everybody is taking leaps and bounds and it's so exciting.
#17 of 290 Old 04-02-2007, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi y'all! We're back from New Mexico and so glad to be home!
#18 of 290 Old 04-02-2007, 01:40 AM

:hi

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack! We're pretty much moved in and I am ready to join my life again. Yes, this is my life here.

A is getting so big! She turned 9 mo. on the 23rd and is EVERYWHERE! She crawls all over the place and loves to eat paper...still. She doesn't eat much, loves peas and carrots...well, anything that she can feed herself. She is a nut! She is still signing milk (sometimes) and Dad (all the time) and she's done more once. If she's anything like her brother she'll have a real sign explosion in the next few months. Still no teeth and that is fine with me!!!

I'm exhausted, I hate moving. Have I ever told you all that?? I don't like that we're renting this house because I really don't want to move again. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while I can. It seems to be a nice neighborhood and we have a fantastic yard! So now when A is sleeping, hopefully S can be outside playing and I can come catch up with all of you!

But...for now, I need to go put A to bed and unload and load the dishwasher, iron dh's pants (he starts his new job tomorrow!!) and find my workout pants in a box. Yeah, I'm SO sick of being fat, time for that to change.

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#19 of 290 Old 04-02-2007, 02:43 AM

Kim It's so nice to see you again. Good luck to your dh for tomorrow(this morning) at work.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#20 of 290 Old 04-02-2007, 03:53 AM

hi everyone

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#21 of 290 Old 04-02-2007, 04:56 AM

Hi Kim! Great to 'see' you again...glad for you that the move is over...

We have standing, crawling and generally being into absolutely everything, no words as such, loving broccoli with a passion...

gotta go and pack- girls and I are flying 'home' to England for Easter, leaving in a couple of hours!
#22 of 290 Old 04-02-2007, 10:17 AM

Happy April everyone. Holy crap, nine months

Kim, welcome back! How is DH liking his new job? We have no teeth yet either and I can't say I'm terribly disappointed on that one.

Ugh Kimya, hope you're feeling better soon. And wow on Panda's words!
#23 of 290 Old 04-02-2007, 10:52 AM

Hey everybody! Nate is currently crawling very, very quickly, and seems to be on the threshold of cruising. He measured in at 28 1/2 inches at his last doc appt, and weighed in at almost 19 pounds. He's one long, skinny guy. He's been eating off our plates at dinnertime. A couple of nights ago, I sauteed asparagus in olive oil for our veggie, and he swiped a stalk. He sucked all the olive oil off and ate the head. The next night he gobbled up some of dh's salmon. And he looooves paper. : He has two teeth on the bottom now. No words, just lots of babbling. I'm impressed with all the talking babies!

Anna , partner to Chad geek.gif , mommy to Aidan (10/12/04) and Nate (07/18/06) fencing.gif , and Violet fairy.gif(10/23/07) .

#24 of 290 Old 04-02-2007, 12:18 PM

Kim, glad you're back!

We're doing well here, despite the lack of sleep! Nathan is crawling all over, and doing it the same funny way his brother did! He uses the right leg in the "normal" way but uses the foot of the left leg to propel forward...hard to describe! He also loves to pull up and stand as much as possible. In fact, last night he was doing it in bed, using my body, from about 3:30am until my alarm went off at 6! :

I still think his legs are awfully bowed/curvy though - no idea if they are "normal" or not. He happens to have a ped appt in a week or two so I will ask.

He has loved all of the food I've given him so far. I've had to stay away from certain veggies because of his gas issues (avoiding broccoli, peas, cabbage, cauliflower, etc). Unfortunately, when he has gas, he wakes up screaming to fart during the night. Don't exactly want to encourage that! I've done most of his food with the mesh feeder : and he gets excited when he sees it. He will pick up food from the high chair table and throw it but he'll actually eat it from the mesh thingie.
#25 of 290 Old 04-02-2007, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, Kim! Glad you are settled in now!

Still recovering from our cross-country vacation. Did you all know that there's not much across Oklahoma but windmills? True. And there's even less across the Texas panhandle and eastern New Mexico. Amarillo smelled. It was windy on the way through and we must've been downwind from a cow pasture. Even dd1 covered her nose. We had a wonderful time, and I'll probably blog all about it during naptime today.

We all survived and ended up having a great time.

As for baby milestones, we now have two teeth, and a mouthful on the way. Keira is crawling like an injured person. Think of a movie scene where they can't walk, but are scooting with all their might dragging their body behind them. She says "mom-mom" when she wants me, which is all the time.

Still not big into solids yet. We tried smashed sweet potato while we were gone, and she opened up for more, but she kept giving the sour face like we gave her a lemon. She had the whole body sour reaction, too.
#26 of 290 Old 04-02-2007, 01:08 PM

Hi everyone! Well, Kaitlyn is just a tiny little thing still, according to our scale she is a little over 14 1/2 lbs and about 25 inches long- still is 3-6 mo. clothes and no teeth. She is still mostly just breastfed- I give her 1/2 of the small 2.5 oz jars of organic baby food almost daily- but some days I don't. I have nervously been trying to give her finger foods but I am paranoid about her choking and it was just strengthed when she started choking/gagging on a piece of potato the other night. : .
She's doing an army crawl-on her belly- and has pulled herself up a couple times but lately she cries when I set her down so I feel like all I do is hold her all the time. She has massive separation anxiety- it's pretty cute- but also a little irritating at times. Daddy can't even take her lately.
As for words- she babbles a lot- once in a while she'll say - mama, dada, brother (which sounds like bwoa) hi, and yea-that's about it.
#27 of 290 Old 04-02-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva View Post

Unfortunately, when he has gas, he wakes up screaming to fart during the night. Don't exactly want to encourage that! I've done most of his food with the mesh feeder :

Kaitlyn- always let's like 3 or 4 HUGE farts out when she wakes in the morning- Just like her daddy-
I have my own orchestra.
#28 of 290 Old 04-02-2007, 02:39 PM

Hi everyone! Wow, your babies are doing a lot!!

Mine on the other hand is weighing her options and would much rather cling to mommy for the time being. No crawling, lots of pseudo climbing, but no cruising, loves to stand but can't do it unassisted. She has started laughing at things that are funny to her now, which is adorable. She is trying solids out a little more seriously but still not really into them. On a good note she finally stopped eating on the hour, and now eats every two hours. :::sigh of relief:::. I knew it would happen at some point, and thank goodness it did right before my mental breakdown.

Things are financially....interesting right now, so we are having to find interesting and creative ways to make it each month. It's actually been sort of an adventure. My husband is expecting hefty raise soon, so that should cover for my job suddenly deciding that they didn't need me anymore. Honestly, I am viewing it as a good sign and have enrolled in the doula program through Seattle Midwifery. WAY excited. I am taking a September class that is being taught by Penny Simkin herself. WAY COOL!

And of course, now I have been seriously eyeballing the midwifery program. It's only 3 years......I could be an LM......so tempting......

I spent all weekend gardening. Ahhhhhh. It was WONDERFUL!! We finally have nice beautiful sunshine and my neighbor (we share a duplex and are best friends) and I COMPLETELY revamped our yard with new flowers, moved a gigantic rosebush, planted some spanish lavendar, and hacked the crap out of my rose bushes. They are helping me put a trellis up in front of my screen door, and I am putting a big old climbing jasmine on it. It will smell SO wonderful in the summer. YAY!!

That's all for now, gotta see if tiny baby (who is not so tiny at around 24lbs!) wants to get up and go garden some more!
#29 of 290 Old 04-02-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD View Post

Honestly, I am viewing it as a good sign and have enrolled in the doula program through Seattle Midwifery. WAY excited. I am taking a September class that is being taught by Penny Simkin herself. WAY COOL!
Sooooo cool! Congrats! Tell me more. Is it expensive? How long is the class? We still need to get our non-crawlers together!
#30 of 290 Old 04-02-2007, 04:57 PM

Is it too late to join you mammas?

I just recently started posting to MDC and love all that I am learning- but would love to be able to chat with other July mammas! I had so much fun reading about the developmental milestones your babes are starting to reach!

Wyatt (ds) has mastered crawling and is into everything- so dh and I feel like we just take turns following him around the apartment : . He has also started pulling himself up to a standing position and is so proud of that feat Oh yeah...he has 5 teeth with 2 more that are due to pop through any day- so we are somewhat sleep deprived, but loving every minute!

Looking forward to getting to know you each better!

Julie; happily married mamma to Wyatt (4) and Jonah (1.5)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page