I have a question.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-07-2003, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At what age can you give your baby camomille to calm them down. I have seen numerous posts about giving this to a fussy baby and I was wondering.....Thank you ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2003, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would think about 6 months. Martha Stewart says 4 months for a weak solution. i suppose whenever it would be OK to introduce solids/juice

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Old 06-09-2003, 09:00 AM

Justice2 If you can, try to find the book Naturally Healthy Babies and Children by Aviva Romm. She's an herbalist. She recommends I Tablespoon of dried chamomille to 1 cup boiling water. Steep, covered for ten minutes and give to the baby by the dropperful. She says it is good for "colic", so I presume it can be used fairly early...Chamomille and catnip are both regarded as safe for babies.

I used a weak tea solution on my DS at about two weeks to get past the fussy time around 6:00pm.

If you are BF you can also drink it yourself..on second thought, drink it anyway...it will be good for your nerves

Lilyka....is that THE Martha Stewart?

Peace,Ellen
Old 06-09-2003, 10:22 AM

Hey! Don't listen to Martha!!!! She LIES!!!! LOL!!! ( I am just playing!!!! )

I would think 6 months for most babies......( I am sitting here laughing at my own joke....how lame is that??!!!)
Old 06-09-2003, 04:04 PM

I've given both my little ones chamomile within weeks of their birth with no problems. My mom's been an herbalist for many, many years, so I grew up "on" herbs and she gave it to me as a wee one. It might ease your worries if you talked to a qualified herbalist; someone you could build a relationship with and trust. While chamomile worked at bedtime for my two; I mainly relied on catnip & fennel extract for fussiness & gas. Catnip is very soothing to the nervous system and is good for stimulation overload and fennel settles upset tummies. A dose for mom AND baby often does the trick (cuz if YOU'RE tense.....your baby is tense).

Remember...they're alot tougher than they look

Lisa
Old 06-10-2003, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, so now, does anyone have any experience with Mountian Rose? It's an online company that sells bulk herbs. If you don't, please offer suggestions as to where I can get some. Thank you in advance!
Old 06-10-2003, 01:27 AM

No experience with that company, but I can get chamomile, catnip, and fennel (all organic ) at my local food co-op. Whole Foods also has them, if that's all you have around.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:51 AM - Thread Starter

I don't think that I have even that company around. I live in the deep south and I am not sure this area is very up to date in the whole natural living. I only know of one health food store here:
Old 06-10-2003, 09:50 AM

Justice2...there's a link to Mountain Rose Herbs in the health and healing forum. They kick 10% to mothering if you use that link.
They are a great and reputable company. You should have no problems. Good luck
Ellen

User Tag List