Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Life With a Baby (http://www.mothering.com/forum/32-life-baby/)
-   -   Sling ? (http://www.mothering.com/forum/32-life-baby/65847-sling.html)

Maaaama 06-11-2003 01:19 AM

I've got an old beat up Mayawrap and thought I'd invest in a new and improved sling. There are so many to choose from I am having a hard time making up my minsd.
I am looking at the Hempsling at www.wildnwoolygoods.com It looks good, its hemp, and its on sale.....but then theres the kissasling and the over the shoulder baby holder.

My babe is almost a year.......... what's your favorite sling ?

*solsticemama* 06-11-2003 01:22 AM

I use an OTSBH with ds who is 22 pounds at 5 1/2 months. It's very user friendly and we both like it alot but I still feel the weight after wearing him for more than an hour. I'm looking around for something differen--not to replace the one I have but so i'm not always using the same muscles.

aitara 06-11-2003 02:25 AM

Hey there!

Sling sling slings! What would I do without them! I've already gathered about a maya wrap, baby bjorn, new native, and rebozo, and just recently I got this great one called the Ergo baby carrier. I love it most because dd can be front or back and the weight is on my hips, so I can cook, do housework, etc.

My alltime fave though is the new native. She falls asleep in it for hours (of course I have to wear her though, or else she wakes up when I put her down) Its pretty comfy and easy for lots of positions.

Well, that's my 2cents, for what its worth. HTH
äiti

3_opihi 06-11-2003 07:54 PM

I love all these sling threads...
I have a New Native and I really love it, but ds is starting to get a little heavy for it. I just invested in a girasol. Its like a long peice of cloth that you can tie in a bunch of positions.

MelissaEvans 06-11-2003 08:46 PM

I have a mayawrap and a kissaluvs, and I love them both. I had a NoJo, but it was a no go.

I found I really like metal rings better (easier to get the kid out), no padding on the railing (DS only uses the hip carry so I like it really snug and I can't get the padding through the rings), and a lose tail (great for an extra "blanket" when it's cold out). Padding on the shoulders I can take or leave, they're both fine. My MayaWrap has a pocket in the tail which is kinda neat. I have a li'l explination about slings that I print up and store in there for the people who ask me about it. =)

That's just what I've found that works for us. Of course, I still want to try about thirty other carriers. My DH is thrilled. =)

~Melissa

lunabellamama 06-19-2003 10:10 AM

I love my new native pouches. They work well at the newborn age, and also on the hip for bigger babies. My three year old still wants to climb into the new native some days! LOL
I don't have the hang of the maya wrap yet and really want to try the Ergo carrier next.