~*~*~ *November 2006 Mamas ~*~*~ Chatting into SIX MONTHS OLD - It's MAY ~*~*~* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
~*~*~ *November 2006 Mamas ~*~*~ Welcome to SIX MONTHS! Welcome to May ~*~*~*

----------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to May!
Our babies are going to be SIX months old! 1/2 a year old! Can you believe it? I can't! Time is passing so quickly. My DD is over 15lbs. and rolling, rolling, rolling, swiveling, drooling, and singing! She's got 2 teeth! She makes great eye contact and has "conversations". Not only does she put her hands in her mouth, she puts her feet in, too! She is still breast fed - no solids here - yet!

How about you, mamas? How are your little ones? And, equally of importance -how are YOU doing?

I'll add your baby to the list when you post a thread.

We're a friendly, chatty bunch here and all are welcome! We are not judgmental here!

It's been great to talk about the different stages our babes have been going through - you can almost always find someone who has experienced/is experiencing what you are! The mamas here have been great for support, friendship, and advice!

Recent topics of conversation have included: carriers and slings, babies rolling and moving, first teeth, weight and height, introducing solids and baby led solids, cloth diapering, sleep challenges, working, studying, colour and frequency of bowel movements, etc., etc. You get the idea!

PLEASE JOIN US!

Here we go into May! AND, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!
::
Sydney 7-27 (home from hospital 11-16)
Gabrielle 10/23
Aaron 11/1
Benton 11/1
Morgan 11/1
Georgia 11/2
Noah 11/2
Avishai 11/3
Devin 11/3
Hana Rae 11/3
Ilana 11/3
Porter 11/3
Abbi True 11/4
Awen 11/4
Chloe 11/4
Elijah 11/4
Alex 11/5
Atticus 11/5
Ben 11/5
Lilienne 11/5
Clayton 11/6
Eden 11/6
Ian 11/6
Florian 11/7
Jema Bear 11/7
Lillie 11/7
Peter 11/7
Ruck Turner 11/7
Ella 1/8
Eli 11/9
Guillaume 11/9
Magnus 11/9
Ruby 11/9
Erik 11/10
Evangeline Lily Marie 11/10
Siann 11/11
Alex 11/12
Colin 11/12
Ethan 11/12
Ingrid 11/12
Vivian 11/12
Elijah 11/13
Jaxon 11/13
Nyx 11/13
Emerson 11/14
Zeben 11/14
Dov 11/15
Elijah 11/15
Mikaela 11/15
Miriam 11/15
Aiden 11/16
Lea 11/16
Simi 11/16
Isabella 11/17
Landis 11/17
Morgan 11/17
Nate 11/17
Talia 11/17
Jericho 11/18
Joseph 11/18
Ryan 11/18
Seraphina Judith 11/18
Carl 11/19
Landon 11/19
Liam 11/19
Ruby Isabella 11/19
Theron 11/19
Trenton 11/19
Fiona 11/20
Kira 11/20
Libby 11/20
Morrigan 11/20
TJ 11/21
Darwin 11/22
Ambrose 11/23
Benjamin Louis 11/23
Yarrow 11/23
Carter 11/24
Lily 11/24
Marissa 11/24
Quincy 11/25
Asheby 11/25
Dorothy 11/25
Yasmeen 11/26
Omiros 11/26
Adam 11/27
Dominic 11/27
Indigo 11/27
Mara 11/27
Mackenzie 11/27
Nicholas 11/27
Abhainn 11/28
Joaquin 11/28
Khéna 11/28
Leroy 11/28
Macy 11/28
Owen 11/28
Scott 11/28
Yossi 11/28
Aubrey 11/29
Layla 11/29
Alex 11/30
Eleanor 11/30
Logan 11/30
Mila 11/30
Sophia 11/30

Running Total: 106 Babies!
NO Missing Dates!!!

May WAS INDEED the month when a November 8th babe joined us!
(it only took 6 months! )

We're *STILL* adding babies - don't be shy - join us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

And for those of you who would like a change from my "colors, excitement, general gladness-to-be-here-with-you-all tone." (to quote another Nov. 06 mama)

Here's another take on the above:

Well, it's May, and our babies are getting to be 1/2 a year old! So, you've had half a year, and you still haven't found us O November 8th Mama? Here are babies on our list:

[now you refer to the list above]

See - I can post without using special fonts, sizes, and colours....I c a n ...
#3 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 04:20 AM

Yay I'm second under twogreencars! Can't believe there are 5 babes on November 30th, yay. Funny, one of them is Eleanor, that was one of the names we considered before deciding on Logan. And my first is turning two this month...May is crazy I tell ya...and darn it if I didn't plan to go to bed before midnight tonight too.
#4 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 09:26 AM

I'm in such denial that Owen's going to be six months old . He's my last and it's just going too darn fast. That said, this is such a fun age . . . he's talking all the time, smiling whenever we look at him, starting to laugh more, and discovering all kinds of things. Seems like I just did his four month photo shoot, and the next one will be here before I know it!

Welcome to May!
#5 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 10:44 AM

Jess,
I love the way you're doing your baby photos! I may "steal" your idea. I've become very interested in digital scrapbooking, but haven't completed many pages yet. I have zillions of photos though!

Sorry for not participating in this thread more. I'll try to write an update now.

Ian is the sweetest boy in the whole wide universe. Big smile. Easygoing. He's working on crawling right now. It's so funny. He has been able to scoot around backwards and to the side for weeks, and he rocks on his hands and knees, but he is taking a long time to figure out how to more forward.

I think the time is moving breathtakingly fast too, but I'm finding myself not wistful about the passing baby stages. Perhaps because I have three and am fully ready to move on to bigger kid adventures. Not that I'm not enjoying baby stuff. In fact, I think I'm more relaxed and enjoying this time more than I did the first two times around!

I'm a little nervous about starting solids. My second daughter had terrible eczema and has many food allergies. Food has really become an ordeal. So Ian is still fully breastfed. I've just begun to to try to decide what to give him first. Probably sweet potato or avocado. And I'll be going reallllllllly slowly with food introductions, at least at the beginning, watching to see if he has any reactions. Already I'm suspecting he reacts to egg through breastmilk. I ate it A LOT while pregnant; I enjoyed egg sandwiches every other day, having just come off of Caroline's strict diet, because she weaned at the beginning of my pregnancy with Ian. Soon after he was born I had an egg-free trial and he became less fussy, and since then I've tried eating egg on a few occasions and he gets fussy and has a slight rash on his cheek.

Ian is my most easygoing sleeper. I can actually put him down and he'll stay asleep without needing to nurse longer, usually! He is my first baby to need to wear bibs regularly for drooling. No sign of teeth yet, but perhaps he's been working on it for months! He likes strumming/banging/drooling on the ukelele (we have quite a collection of musical instruments the kids can play with), gnawing on building blocks, playing peek a boo, being amused by his sisters, and hanging out in the sling while his sisters and I go about our activities in the world.

Happy 1/2 birthdays to everyone!

Michele, mom of DD 5/01, DD 11/03, and DS 11/06

http://michelepixels.com/

#6 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 11:33 AM

Magnus is such a sweet boy we are all in love with him. He is busy, busy, busy he is scooting everywhere, up on his hands and knees rocking back and forth then launching himself forward. I suspect he's getting a tooth on the bottom as he is really fussy for the last 4 days and I think I can see the top of a tooth under his gum.

We have done a little food sweet potato, avacado, a tiny bit of pasta. He grabs for things when we're eating. He "walks" holding our hands and let me tell you I am so not ready for that!

He loves music, and dancing. Just this week we took him in the pool for the first time and he really liked it. It was 93 here on Saturday. We had a friend come over and she said " he's such a big boy if he's not really eating food you must be nursing all the time" It's true. I am nursing constantly, he's wearing 9+ size clothing I would guess he's around 17 or 18 lbs and really long.

This is a really fun age but it's going to fast.

Melissa
#7 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Aaron is 6 months today!

Weighing/measuring at home the other day, Aaron is roughly 17.5 lbs and 27.5" long (although both of those measurements have him dropping 25% on the growth charts! I expect a huge growth spurt soon to catch up there). His wbc is Thursday.

He rolls back to front ALL THE TIME, and then picks his head and shoulders off the ground so he can look around and play like that. He's trying to get on hands and knees on occasion, but not quite there yet. I think we have a good while before crawling (I hope! : ). He *can* roll tummy to back, but I've only actually seen him do it once. I suspect he's done it several other times though, especially when I find him on his back after waking up in his crib... he goes down on his back, but usually rolls to his tummy to sleep, so if he's on his back when I get in there, I'm pretty sure he's rolled back to his back.

For solids, we've done banana (whole and fork mashed), cantaloupe (whole), apple (pureed), and sweet peas (whole) last night. He made a funny face with the peas, and he chewed kind of funny, but then he screamed for more! So he really liked them. We don't do solids everyday yet. I need a diaper sprayer of some sort first!

On the "talking" front... He just started saying "ah-da", so I'm trying to get him to say "dada" (I've tried "mama" for weeks, but no dice on that one ). Mostly, it's just high pitched squeals, so we've been calling him "ultrasonic".

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#8 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 02:57 PM

Hey, Adam barely turned 5 months a couple of days ago

Anyway, it is so neat to see how many mamas were birthing with me on the 27th! I cannot believe Adam is going to be 6 months old this month...really. He holds his upper body off the floor on his tummy, rolls both ways (once in a blue moon) and sits up in his Bumbo. My sil just had a baby and I realized I have newborn amnesia. I just don't have detailed memories of anything that happened in the weeks following his birth. Some days lasted forever but the time has definitely flown by. He'll be a year old in just as much time!

Any other mamas just now starting to care about their appearance again? I have gone 5 months without doing my hair and makeup or wearing clothes of the non-pyjama persuasion. I am so ready to feel attractive again, haha. I never understood those moms with newborns who were all done up, I did not have that kind of time until recently. And even now, it's only because he'll actually let someone else hold him for a little while. So today we're going shopping, haha. Actually Adam loves cruising the mall so I think we are both going to enjoy ourselves.

Mom to a bright & energetic 6 y.o. boy  blahblah.gif   With my sweetie for 10 years now  blowkiss.gif  Registered nurse  caffix.gif

#9 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyann21 View Post
Any other mamas just now starting to care about their appearance again? I have gone 5 months without doing my hair and makeup or wearing clothes of the non-pyjama persuasion. I am so ready to feel attractive again, haha. I never understood those moms with newborns who were all done up, I did not have that kind of time until recently. And even now, it's only because he'll actually let someone else hold him for a little while. So today we're going shopping, haha. Actually Adam loves cruising the mall so I think we are both going to enjoy ourselves.
Yes to that! I dared to stand on a scale the other day and I wanted to die....I weigh almost as much as my 5'11" husband, eeeeek! I've come to the realization that my Hello Kitty pajama bottoms and a 3X t shirt is NOT sexy, and I was equally horrified to look in the mirror in good light and find that huge portions of my hair have turned white! I look like a big fat hag, yikes! I can't believe my husband still finds me attractive, LOL.
#10 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 04:03 PM

Oh my, 6 months old on the 4th! Wow. That is all I can think to say. DD isn't crawling yet, but is so close.
twogreencars, to answer your question from the last thread, a FH onbu is a Freehand Onbuhimo.

11/06 and 1/09 :
#11 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 04:06 PM

I forgot to say that yes, I too am tired of being schlumpy. I am trying to be more active and I am going to get my hair cut next week. I wish I could wear makeup more but it is hard to find the time.

11/06 and 1/09 :
#12 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 04:35 PM

About a month ago, I went out and bought some new clothes. I don't have alot, as I intend to make some nursing tops and such, but I bought enough to make me feel better. I especially bought JEANS because I was still wearing maternity jeans!

I also got my hair cut a few weeks ago. Aaron was grabbing my hair and holding on for dear life and I was like "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!", so I chopped it off. It's like chin length now, so I still have plenty of hair, but it's not *quite* as easily grabbable.

I don't usually do makeup because I'm lazy, and that hasn't changed, but that's not a new mom laziness... I was like that before kids.

Oh, and when I went clothes shopping... I was so insane... I BROUGHT THE KIDS. And I was by myself. Could not believe I did that. LOL. Clothes shopping with 1 kid was difficult enough, but doable. And really, I did pretty well with 2. I of course had to nurse Aaron while trying on clothes , but that's ok. Of course, Aaron isn't crazy about the stroller unless we're moving, so I had to shop quickly! And in the checkout line, some ladies were telling me how brave I was for shopping by myself with both kids (although they were being good... Aaron was a bit fussy though).

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#13 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 05:23 PM

Tired of carrying around extra weight, that's for sure. It's been five months, and I haven't lost any more (haven't gained, though, either and I eat a ton). I splurged and got a good cut and just a lip gloss, and it did wonders (I never wear any makeup, so the lip gloss was a big step for me). Amazing what a cut and lip gloss can do.

I've also bought myself some bright tops and a pair of crocs. Need to get a bathing suit this week, which will just be depressing. I'm trying not to buy too much since I still have baby weight to lose.

I do really miss going to the gym. By the time the older two are in bed, DS is starting his two hour nurseathon for bed. And I'd be willing to go in the morning, but his schedule is so sporadic and DH needs to get to work. I do take a Baby and Me fitness class once a week, and I try to pack the kids in the stroller so I can get in a good walk on the other days. I keep reminding myself that they'll be plenty of time get back into shape when DS is more predictable with his nursing (if that ever happens), but I do miss the workout. Not ready to put him in the babysitting room yet.
#14 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 05:25 PM

Twogreencars, your posts always make me smile!

So here it is, another month, and I'll probably lose track of this month's thread, too. I start out with good intentions to follow each month all the way through, but it hasn't happened yet.

So, I'm in a funk now. Simi is still napping horribly and there have been more than one day where I had to put her down and leave the room b/c she was driving me nuts! I just don't know what's going on. It's not that she was ever a great napper, but ever since the 4 month mark it's been horrible. And it's getting worse, not better. Now it takes longer to get her to sleep, than the amount of time she actually sleeps. She has horrible crying fits when I'm trying to rock her and sometimes it makes me cry. When she does nap they are usually too short, and I never know if I'm going to be able to get her back to sleep or not. I'm really torn between just accepting that she's a crappy napper or really working hard to get her on strict nap schedule. Gosh, I just hate the thought of strict schedules. Still, I'm about at the end of my rope.

Nights are a little better. We started a bedtime routine and have been diligent about sticking to it. That's been working really well, and it's nice to have some alone time with DH again. Then again, her nighttime sleep has become a little inconsistent, too. She's waking up a bit more than she used to, but it's still pretty manageable. Still, I miss that 3 month old that gave me a 6-7 hour stretch every night.

OK, so this whole thing isn't a gripe here are some good things:
-She loves grabbing my face and trying to shove my cheek, nose, mouth or whatever into her mouth.
-She could care less about rolling, but is starting to sit unassisted really well. She still topples, but she does pretty good.
-She LOVES going on walks and gets excited when she sees me grab the pouch or carrier.
-She loves books and waits patiently for me to finish reading before she tries to cram the book in her mouth.
-There are lots and lots of smiles and that seems to make everything else a little bit better.
#15 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 08:14 PM

maternity jeans! I only have two pairs of paints that fit at all and they're both black stretchy maternity pants...don't know what happened. I only gained 12 pounds with the pregnancy and lost all of right away, then lost another five pounds...then my body went all nutty and I now weigh the most I ever have in my life. Grrrr...this happened last time too...I want that breastfeeding makes you lose weight deal I keep hearing about. =)
#16 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
cmg

Dh is a little tired of me stealing his T-shirts, so he was encouraging me to go shopping . I swear whatever fat is coming off my middle is going straight towards muscle in my arms from carrying around my now-over-sixteen-pounds sweety, who doesn't want to be put down.

Still no rolling, not even a twitch, but then again, she's only happy lying down for about five minutes at a time, so maybe that's not a surprise. She can, however, sit up all by herself and can grab things like no-one's business. She loves to sit on her little potty and play in the toy box:

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~cmg/content...s/Toybox1.html

We've been talking about day care, but unfortunately the best day care in the area doesn't do partial days, and I'm not willing to leave my cuddly bug for a full day. But I need to start getting work done... what are y'all doing, those of you who are trying to mix work and kids?
#17 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmg View Post
Dh is a little tired of me stealing his T-shirts, so he was encouraging me to go shopping . I swear whatever fat is coming off my middle is going straight towards muscle in my arms from carrying around my now-over-sixteen-pounds sweety, who doesn't want to be put down.

Still no rolling, not even a twitch, but then again, she's only happy lying down for about five minutes at a time, so maybe that's not a surprise. She can, however, sit up all by herself and can grab things like no-one's business. She loves to sit on her little potty and play in the toy box:

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~cmg/content...s/Toybox1.html

We've been talking about day care, but unfortunately the best day care in the area doesn't do partial days, and I'm not willing to leave my cuddly bug for a full day. But I need to start getting work done... what are y'all doing, those of you who are trying to mix work and kids?
Love the pic! Our potty is the lime green one.

I get to go shopping for clothes, for me...soon. But I'm tempted to get more pajama pants. =)

As for mixing work and kids...I do that...not sure how but I do. I have two kids, one turning 2 next week. Thankfully he's really into playing by himself. I play with him too, a lot, but after awhile he gets bored with me and goes of by himself to play. That's when I work. I don't work at all when my youngest is awake, it's impossible, maybe on the phone a little but that's it. So basically I work when the big one wants to play alone, the little one is napping, or when my husband is home at night, and after the kids go to bed. And I have 3 different jobs I do from home...because I must be insane. =)
#18 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 09:26 PM

Ugh the weight. I know. I am also a no weight loser/possibly gaining a pound as I sit here typing kinda breastfeeder. I keep waiting for the miraculous weight loss. I read the posts about the mamas losing too much weight and wonder why not me too.
As far as work, DD comes with me. This is part (not all ) of my carrier addiction because I wear her while I work. It is usually 10 hours a week but that is enough to supplement DH's income. Plus no daycare, which I couldn't even imagine right now. I am interested to hear what other moms are doing. I think about starting a little in home business so I can make some extra money. I am researching making soap and maybe a few other natural body care items. Who knows, but it is a thought.
Sorry about the sleep issues earthgirl. My dd isn't the best sleeper but I get a break every now and then. 2 nights last week I got 6 solid hours of sleep. I was a whole new woman.

11/06 and 1/09 :
#19 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 09:34 PM

After Joshua, I initially lost some weight, then gained it all back. When I got preg with Aaron, I was only 9 lbs less than what I was when I had Joshua. And while preg, Joshua self-weaned around 5 months, and that month, I did NOT gain any weight! So I'm pretty sure the nursing had me gaining weight. It happened to my sister too.

This time around, so far (knock on wood!), I've been losing weight. I'm actually below pre-preg weight and only 9 lbs away from pre-preg-with-Joshua weight. Of course, after that, I still have another 35 lbs to go...

#20 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 11:40 PM

earthgirl-- I'm so sorry about the sleep stuff. Ingrid is not the greatest napper, either. There are days when I focus on trying to make sure she sleeps enough, and days when I just go about my business, running errands and meeting friends. She actually often sleeps better when I am running around. She naps in the sling (not like she used to-- I have to be walking, and she often only sleeps 30 minutes) and if I come home by 4 or 5, she will often take a good long-ish nap to catch up on any sleep she may have missed. I have just found that it doesn't do much good to focus on making sure she naps.. I just try to notice when she is sleepy and either put her to bed or nurse her to sleep if we are home, or start moving around with her in whatever carrier if we are out.

Weight stuff. I was so good while pregnant, I ate so well and exercised. I gained about 25 lbs (probably would have been 30 had I gotten to full term) and it was gone right after she was born. I think I have probably gained slightly since then (I could stand to lose 15 lbs). I have such an appetite, and I want sweet, carb-heavy things.

Ingrid reached for me for the first time today. It would have felt great, except that she was crying because my dad was holding her. She has started having some issues with other people holding her, but only sometimes.

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
#21 of 435 Old 05-01-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATruck View Post
Ingrid reached for me for the first time today. It would have felt great, except that she was crying because my dad was holding her. She has started having some issues with other people holding her, but only sometimes.
DD reached for me about a month ago, while I was brushing my teeth and DH was holding her. She was wailing at the time too. I was still thinking, awww.
Anyone gotten a high chair? We busted ours out tonight because her beloved bouncy seat got retired. She likes to sit at the table for our mealtime but the bouncy was not so good after she learned to sit up in it and lean. It was my shower rescue for the last 6 months, and I shall miss it.

11/06 and 1/09 :
#22 of 435 Old 05-02-2007, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boscopup View Post
After Joshua, I initially lost some weight, then gained it all back. When I got preg with Aaron, I was only 9 lbs less than what I was when I had Joshua. And while preg, Joshua self-weaned around 5 months, and that month, I did NOT gain any weight! So I'm pretty sure the nursing had me gaining weight. It happened to my sister too.

This time around, so far (knock on wood!), I've been losing weight. I'm actually below pre-preg weight and only 9 lbs away from pre-preg-with-Joshua weight. Of course, after that, I still have another 35 lbs to go...
I can't even keep track of what weights were when anymore...I have 50 pounds to lose to get to my pre pregnancy weight with my first though. And about 110 pounds to lose altogether...yikes, can't believe I admitted that!
#23 of 435 Old 05-02-2007, 12:10 AM

Our update...

TJ is a doll...very easygoing and just happy happy happy. Rolls front to back...tries to go back to front but it's a no-go--maybe due to the chunky cloth diapers? hahaha
No solids here...gonna put that off for as long as possible...at least until he has teeth or can gum cheerios/banannas etc...
He's growing tooooo fast...around 17lbs now...
He was worrying me with his 'twitches'...I was thinking infantile spasms etc...but my mommy sense told me not to worry...so did the Drs...not that I trust them ever, but I'm going to sit back and watch him and let my intuition lead the way.
As for me...I'm in my regular clothes, but everything is in a different place/clothes fit differently (as expected). I just found out I DON'T have an umbilical hernia--but DO have seperated muscles...so my belly is kinda extended...I don't like it...so I'll have to figure out how to work on that (not interested in surgery at this time...again, dont' like DRs and may want another baby--well, I DO want another one, but DH doesn't...ugh)
Anyways...we are doing great here...time is just flying tooooo fast...slow down TJ!
#24 of 435 Old 05-02-2007, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymakesthree View Post
I am interested to hear what other moms are doing.
Well...I run my own business...since I can't ever decide on one things to do, write now I am a writer, producer, manager, and publicist. Mostly in the horror movie genre. I like being the boss. :
#25 of 435 Old 05-02-2007, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymakesthree View Post
DD reached for me about a month ago, while I was brushing my teeth and DH was holding her. She was wailing at the time too. I was still thinking, awww.
Anyone gotten a high chair? We busted ours out tonight because her beloved bouncy seat got retired. She likes to sit at the table for our mealtime but the bouncy was not so good after she learned to sit up in it and lean. It was my shower rescue for the last 6 months, and I shall miss it.
My DD reaches for me too..but then she grabs my bottom lip and pulls it out..she also pinches really hard! =)

We have a high chair that my older son uses, we tried putting DD in it but she's so short that the tray is almost at eye level and that part of the chair isn't adjustable. It's pretty funny actually. Plus DS gets really mad when she's in "his" chair.
#26 of 435 Old 05-02-2007, 12:27 AM

Dh is putting ds to sleep as I write this. I am so tired today. Ds did not sleep for more than a few minutes. I could not get him to take a nap at all today. It doesn't make sense because yesterday he slept for 1/2 hour in the morning and 2 1/2 hours in the afternoon. I was so excited. Then today happened and now I feel blah. Oh well. I am a SAHM so I cannot comment on the work/family balance. I have an appointment with a new pediatrician on Thursday who is more alternative than my ped now. Ds has had all of his vaxes except Hep B at birth and now I am having second thoughts. The new pediatrician is in Dr. Jay Gordon's practice so I am looking forward to our appointment but they don't take insurance.

Enjoying the journey into natural family living with my two sons and husband.
#27 of 435 Old 05-02-2007, 12:29 AM

I forgot to add that we splurged and bought the Svan High Chair but we haven't put it together yet. I am probably going to give ds some solids for the first time in a couple of weeks.

Enjoying the journey into natural family living with my two sons and husband.
#28 of 435 Old 05-02-2007, 02:22 AM

Clayton is rolling a lot. He really gets around, about five feet. He doesn't reach for me yet, but he leans. He has two teeth on the bottom, no solids yet though. Clayton likes the high chair, but DD also wants to sit in it.

I am considering going back to work, but I really don't want to. Daycare is not an option. I can't imagine being away from them for that long. I tried starting my own business, but thats not going so well.

Love reading updates on everyone!
#29 of 435 Old 05-02-2007, 02:36 AM - Thread Starter

High Chairs

High chairs? Did I hear high chairs? Well...I was a bit...naughty...

A few weeks ago I started a thread asking for advice on what kind of a high chair to use...We've got 2 (!) Stokke Tripp-Trapps for the 2 older kiddos, but I wanted to know what people recommended. It seemed that DD wasn't old enough (or a good enough sitter) to use these yet.

I also searched for wooden high chairs (we're wood snobs )...and I found something called a Rochelle high chair. Beautiful but $$$$$.

I then went on a quest. (Do any of you get "obsessive" and go on quests???) I thougth the "soundest" option would be to get a 5 point harness and backrest for one of our Tripp-Trapps. Not possible, Stokke told me. Our Tripp-Trapps are English. They are different dimensions to the US ones. Just our luck. So - ok, I thought, I'll get the accessories from England. Well...I loaded them into my virtual shopping cart and voila - $180! I nearly pushed that "Complete transaction" button...but I didn't.

Then we nearly went to BRU and got a cheapo plastic number to last until DD grew into one of our Tripp-Trapps.

I went on the local Craig's list. Found a used Peg Perego which was kind of funky (the harness didn't fit through the cushion...)

Then I called all the local consignment shops. Chairs come in and go out the same day. NOTHING except one wooden high chair. I loaded DD#1 and that baby into the car and we went to see it - it was a load of unsafe crap and cost $75 to boot.

Then we went to a baby store and they had one wooden high chair. A natural Rochelle Charlotte. After trying DD in it for 20 minutes - jamming her in with pillows...we bought it. I then went to the other local baby store and got a red gingham cushion for it. IT'S ADORABLE. DD still tilts to the right and likes to knaw on the wooden tray with her 2 sharp, sharp teeth (she's like Sonny in A Series of Unfortunate Events) - but when she sits up sturdier it'll be great! So - that's what we did...DH didn't even kill me for such an extravagent purchase...but it's *really* gorgeous - here's a link to what it looks like - high chair...
#30 of 435 Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

Work

Work...hmmm...I'm an attorney, but due to health challenges haven't gone back yet...Dr. says I can go back the beginning of July.

I also have a jewelry business - I make jewelry - from nursing necklaces to earrings to regular necklaces and bracelets from precious and semi-precious gemstones. I concentrate on using stones that are not only beautiful, but have healing properties...I've had custom orders and a lot of local moms and MDC moms have been buying the nursing necklaces.

DH is about to take the Bar Exam...but no job yet for him and $$$$$$$$$$$ is *EXCEPTIONALLY* tight!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page