March 07 mamas!! Our first thread!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 238 Old 05-01-2007, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here we go in the life with a babe forum! I believe we all had our babies now, right?

let's chat!

What's going on with your baby these days?
How do you feel?

Romea is doing well, she's over 10 lbs now and is a happy baby, except she gets the hiccups ALL the time after feeding, ok maybe 7 out of ten times.
She burps good and then gets fussy, has the hiccups which go away after 5-10 minutes. Any idea why??

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#2 of 238 Old 05-01-2007, 09:28 PM

Hooray!! We aren't preggo any more!!

Nani - not sure re the hiccups...Marin gets them a lot too! She seems to settle down and "lose" them fairly quick when I put her on her tummy on my legs. As far as WHY she gets them...who knows!

Marin is still growing SOO big so fast! I can't believe she's already 4wks old! After having pregnancy last so long it still amazes me to have these first weeks fly by so quickly!! : I am loving having her though!!! What a sweet blessing!!!

I must say I am chomping at the bit to get my body back! 2 more weeks before I'm allowed to workout at all - we'll see if I actually am disciplined enough to take the time to workout!
#3 of 238 Old 05-01-2007, 10:04 PM

My Maggie is so great, seven weeks old and full of sunshine. I love her goofy smiles and cooing. We got an MP3 recorder that sits on our iPod, and we've recorded her sounds several times already. It's amazing how they've changed so much in such a short time. After about a month she finally caught on to breastfeeding so now I just pump at work - I wish every brand new mom knew that sometimes babies just need time to decide to feed on the breast, and not to give up until they're at least six weeks old. I'm BFAR so we suppliment with formula but I think she'll live.

How about the rest of y'all new mommies? Anything you wish someone had told you yet?
#4 of 238 Old 05-02-2007, 11:40 AM

My baby boy is 2 months old today! He's HUGE! He's in size 6-9 month clothes already, and it ain't cuz we're cloth diapering! His big brother was the same way. Guess we'll be looking at switching from our infant to a convertible carseat sometime soon!
He's a very easy baby, compared to his big brother. He sleeps well, smiles sweetly, and doesn't cry for hours on end for no discernable reason! I'm dairy-free right now, due to some sort of intolerance the baby seems to have. It sucks, but I'm hanging in there!
The hardest part of this has really been trying to juggle two kids at once. Trying to meet my almost-5 year old's needs (and make sure he hasn't escaped to run out front to talk to the neighbors) and trying to get the baby taken care of (naps, diaper changes, some sort of face interaction) has been difficult. Some days are definitely easier than others! Big brother loves the baby, and baby loves his brother, so that makes things easier! It looks like we're going to stick with homeschooling (unschooling) since things are getting better overall.
I still have to write out the birth story, and make notes on baby's developing skills over the weeks... Oh, to have that extra time like I did with the first...

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#5 of 238 Old 05-02-2007, 01:47 PM
jkg

Cas is 7 weeks old and almost 12 lbs. He has the most precious smile! He smiles the most when my 2 y/o talks to him. I agree w/pp, it's hard getting used to juggling the needs of 2 kids. But we're doing OK. We just have to start really early if we want to get out the door to do anything...
#6 of 238 Old 05-02-2007, 02:41 PM

CJ is 6 weeks old today. It doesn't seem like its been that long. lol He is doing awesome! I'm still getting used to not just being able to run out whenever I feel like it but on the up side it makes me think more about why I'm going out and so i save $ and gas. :-)
#7 of 238 Old 05-02-2007, 03:07 PM

I'll be back to post later. . just wanted to be sure to sub in while I had a moment

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#8 of 238 Old 05-02-2007, 03:11 PM

Andros is doing great, he's grown *SO* much already its crazy!! We just weighed him like yesterday and he weighed 12.5lbs! Its so crazy being a mom, I love it I have to say, which I wasn't in the least bit sure I would... but I do. He's such a good boy though, sleeps super well at night, and is generally OK during they day so long as he's being held
#9 of 238 Old 05-02-2007, 03:52 PM

Sophie is 4 weeks old now, just had her 'monthday', and she seems to be coming into herself and waking up some. Starting to coo a little bit, a few practice smiles, but mostly she is still just a soft sweet little bundle .

She sleeps in a way that neither of my older kids ever did at her age - I set her down in the cosleeper so I could get ready for bed last night, and she fell asleep there all on her own a little after 10, and didn't wake up until after 3 am! In fact, I woke up first and was waiting for her to wake up since I was engorged. I know better than to count on her sleeping so well forever, but for now, I'll take it.

Our only trouble is that she doesn't much care for being in the wrap or the sling while she is awake yet. If she is sleepy, she's happy to nod off and sleep in the wrap for hours. But if she's awake, she won't have it, and so I spend a lot of time either trying to do stuff while holding her one-handed, or just sitting here holding her. Like now.

With my 3-3-and-under plus my stepdaughter, we have quite the entourage when we go anywhere. Where did all these children come from?! I am feeling pretty good, just a little bit of spotting left, and thrilled not to be recovering from surgery this time. It's really been wonderful, night and day, in terms of my recovery. LLL friends have been kind to bring us meals for the past few weeks, but now we are getting back into our own routine, and it's going okay. Meltdown moments here and there, for all of us, but on the whole we're managing.
#10 of 238 Old 05-02-2007, 04:09 PM

Hi!

Sophia also just celebrated what we call her "monthiversary"! She's doing great but like for a PP, she doesn't care much for the sling when she's awake, so I just hold her a lot.

She's getting chubby although not as big as her brother and sister were. I guess she's still getting tons of milk even with tandem nursing! Leigh has also filled in: her cheeks are getting nice and round - I wonder if it's because of all the milk now that her baby sister is born. My milk supply had completely dried up early in pregnancy so we "dry-nursed" all the way through).

Looking forward to reading more news on this thread!

Take care!!!
#11 of 238 Old 05-02-2007, 04:14 PM

I don't know how you mamas with kids already do it! Rory is 3 1/2 weeks old and I'm barely finding a way to dress and feed myself during the day, and that's taking care of just me!

She is about a pound over birth weight right now, and we are so completely in love with her. She has yet to be on any kind of discernible schedule, so I'm sleeping when she sleeps. Breastfeeding has gone very well, and I feel very blessed to have had no issues thus far. Most of the day is spent with sleeping, eating, some time bouncing on the birth ball, and generally adoring her. Gotta admit though, it's great when DH gets home and I get the use of both of my arms back. The Moby wrap has been great, but I haven't quite yet figured out how to use the unpadded ring sling. I have a feeling it will be on hold until she has full head/neck control.

The big debate right now is whether or not I'll be going back to work. We had every plan for me to, but emotionally I just don't know how I would be able to leave her if I didn't have to. It would mean some seriously big cuts in our budget and pushing our goal of purchasing a house out by a few years (we're in a condo right now, which is just fine for babies/toddlers, but I want my little girl to have a yard). Did anyone else go through this, either with a previous child or with their current? I think this decision would be much easier if I loved my job, and/or was not the primary breadwinner. If only that lotto ticket would finally pay off.

Glad to hear that everyone else is surviving!

Ecstatic mama to our one and only Aurora (Apr 07)
#12 of 238 Old 05-02-2007, 07:23 PM

avaylee, I was susposed to go back to work after having my first. i also emotionally couldn't do it. But my work didn't pay that much, though I also had a friend who would have watched her. But after having nightmares of my friend doing things like leaving her in a basket, not like these things would have happened, but I just couldn't do it. I went theough with many lista of what we could do for me to stay at home. It waasn't that hard to convince dh. He is navy and he had t leave whwen she was 6 weeks, he understood and I think was a little haoppy to have her have a parent constantly.
Anyway, we are doing well. Gwen is 5 weeks. She seems to be gaining well, she is definatwly peeing enough Her poops are slowing done. I am kinda glad for this. She was just constantly leaking poop out of her butt and no matter how often I changed her diaper she was a little red. That is over now. we seem to be having some lazy latch issues. But we are working on it thank you to an awesome ll leader She smiles and laughs, especially at my almost 3 :cry yr old. The girls are doing really well. Tandem nursing is about non exsistent, my dd only nurses fo a little while every few days. She tells me my milk is really sweet and yummy
Oh and how you do it wit more than one, yyou find that you can do things at a very fast rate I never knew I would be able to do the dishes in 10 minutes. Now I am still without shower most of the time and I don't get to eat all of the time, but the girls are fed and taken care of, and sometimes I even am Sometimes the staars and planets align just right and I think of those days often, sigh, I think I am due for another soon, hopefully.
#13 of 238 Old 05-02-2007, 08:34 PM

Isabel is 8 wks now. She's having better days, sleeping a little better as long as she is on me. Extreme gas and the reflux keep her awake most of the time. She's smiling more in between episodes, and the breastfeeding is going well, after having to supplement this was a blessing. I still can't figure out how to get her to sleep on her own. I got the AR pillow and it was a disaster. The velcro was so loud it kept scaring her, and she kept sitting forwrd and getting stuck hunched over : . $80 down the drain, but it was worth the try. I might be stuck with her sleeping on me until her reflux subsides. I don't mind the naps , I LOVE sleeping with her, but at night I want to lay down and sstrech my legs. I had to sleep siting up during pregnancy and miss laying down.

I', glad all of our babies seem to be healthy and thriving!
#14 of 238 Old 05-03-2007, 10:25 AM
kdf

Eden will be two months tomorrow. I can't believe how time flies. She was 12 lbs 3 oz last week. She is doing so good. She loves to be worn. She is a little fussy in the evening but I am starting to learn tricks to calm her. I am loving being a mom of two and a mom of a girl. It is so different from a boy. She is such a smiley girl and a great sleeper.

Mama to Noah- 05, Eden - 07, Isabella -09 and Cade -11 

#15 of 238 Old 05-03-2007, 11:40 AM

Hey all! Mostly just subscribing. John is now 7 weeks old and only waking to feed once during the night. Yay! His personality is a combination of my other 2 children in just about every way I can think of! I love him to bits. We using cloth at night now, and seem to have no more or less in the way of leaks than with disposables.

Jenny, thanks for the advice about putting milk in a cup for Jamie. I might try today, but I probably won't get much. I haven't been able to pump or express with either of these last two babies (more than a few drops, anyway). Worth a try, though, even if it's only a few drops.

ccohenou, John also only likes being worn while he's sleeping (or when we're taking a walk), but hates it when I stand still to do dishes or fold laundry. Usually he takes one nap per day in my arms, and one on his tummy (yes, he's about 90% a tummy sleeper because he sleeps more soundly AND is able to burp or spit up more easily).

Speaking of midwives that make you mad: I drove 3 hours (round-trip) to see my midwife for our final appointment yesterday and she wasn't there --- she'd gone off to Raleigh for a rally --- and hadn't bothered to let me know (and I'm very easily reachable by phone and email). So I had to sooth my fussy baby the whole way home with one finger in his mouth --- in the backseat --- to comfort him. And stop once to BF. Thank goodness Jamie slept on the ride home. At this point my feeling is that both John and I are okay, although I was looking forward to getting my final check to see if I've healed........ so if she wants to do the 3 hour drive to do the visit (and get her final $350), that would be great, but I'm sure not going to do the drive again!

Jenny, reading & writing mama of dd(18), ds(6), and ds(3)
#16 of 238 Old 05-03-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaylee View Post
She is about a pound over birth weight right now, and we are so completely in love with her. She has yet to be on any kind of discernible schedule, so I'm sleeping when she sleeps.
a schedule?!?! Chase will be 10 weeks on Saturday and we still aren't on a schedule! We've fallen into kind of a routine, but it has no bearing to what the clock says, really. Asleep for the night between 8-9:30, awake again 3-4 hours later, nurse, awake again 2 hours later, nurse, awake again 1.5-2 hours later, nurse, and if I'm lucky another 1.5 hours sleep, then we are up for the day. If I'm REALLY lucky, I catch him drowsing and get him in the swing (the only place he'll reliably nap ) and he'll sleep for another 2.5 hours in the morning. In general, I feel like I"m getting enough sleep, and I can only hope it will get better as time goes on (save for those sleep regressions I keep hearing about, and teething...I'm dreading teething already!)

I got a yeast infection in my breasts when he was 2 weeks old, and we are still fighting it. He's always been asymptomatic, thank goodness, but I'm doing about all I can do save weaning and still suffering : I feel like the latest round of Diflucan might actually do the trick, but I'm left with an ulceration that goes a quarter of the way around my right nipple. I ended up hand expressing all day yesterday because the thought of nursing him on that side made me CRINGE. But I wasn't emptying the breast well, and I decided to nurse him overnight to prevent any chance of plugged ducts or mastitis.

Wow, that makes it sound like everything is horrible! It's not, really. Chase is smiling more and more (and actually holding it long enough for me to get a photo of it!), and even, I think, laughing a little bit. Certainly he is often making noises other than crying, although he's still pretty fussy, esp. in the evenings (which I attribute the fact that he JUST. WON'T. SLEEP. in the afternoon or evenings!) He likes to spend time on his little floor gym, batting at the animals and kicking his legs. It's all very cute, and I love that he's getting more "interactive"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyClaire View Post
Speaking of midwives that make you mad: I drove 3 hours (round-trip) to see my midwife for our final appointment yesterday and she wasn't there
I'm so sorry you all are having such trouble with your care providers! I can't image not being able to lean on my midwives the way I have with these breast issues. I'm grateful they've been there for me and willing to help.

Happy May, everyone!

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#17 of 238 Old 05-03-2007, 01:14 PM

Karen,
I had an awful case of thrush with my first. Prescription meds didn't help at all. I think I tried Nystatin and Diflucan. Finally, someone recommended Gentian Violet. If you haven't tried this, you should definitely pick some up (but be careful - it stains EVERYTHING)! I found it at an old-fashioned drug store. Also, take some acidophilus, if you're not already! I remember how miserable thrush made me and DS1. I hope you can get rid of it soon!

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#18 of 238 Old 05-03-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusdebi View Post
Karen,
I had an awful case of thrush with my first. Prescription meds didn't help at all. I think I tried Nystatin and Diflucan. Finally, someone recommended Gentian Violet. If you haven't tried this, you should definitely pick some up (but be careful - it stains EVERYTHING)! I found it at an old-fashioned drug store. Also, take some acidophilus, if you're not already! I remember how miserable thrush made me and DS1. I hope you can get rid of it soon!
oh, I've tried EVERYTHING! i started off with probiotics, plus a vinegar/water rinse and clotrimozole application after each nursing. After a week, that had done nothing, so I switched to grapefruitseed extract wash, oral GSE, and gentian violet in addition to the anti-fungal - I switched from clotrimozole to micanozole, as I'd heard some strains were resistant. No change. I tried Candidase, an enzyme which someone said was the only thing that had worked for her. Nothing. My DH got tired of my crying in pain (so did I!) so off to the mw for Diflucan and All Pupose Nipple Ointment. 2 rounds of difluacan for me and a round of Nystatin for DS ALMOST took care of it, but I ran out of pills and within four days was having deep breast pain again. So now I'm on another round of diflucan, and the pain has subsided a LOT, though my nipples are still bright pink. Still taking probiotics (morning and night when I remember to take them before breakfast), oral GSE, GSE wash & APNO application. I'm really sick of it, let me tell you! i think this current course might actually work, though. :

Oh, I also cut out most refined sugars, and for a time all wheat, and all dairy except yogurt. Didn't seem to make much difference, so I've added some of that back in, but I still eat less bread, milk, cheese than I did before, and practically no sweets...until I made lactation cookies this week

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#19 of 238 Old 05-03-2007, 04:00 PM

Hi Mamas!

My little girl is almost 10 weeks now and about 10 pounds. She's smiling and cooing all the time. She is a VERY happy easy going baby. Totally nothing like my screamer son or my drug-exposed foster daughter with reflux. I am SO enjoying only having ONE baby this time around, as opposed to 2 high-needs babies (between the two of them it seemed like someone was always crying). I am getting plenty of sleep, which is such a blessing, because I get to really enoy every moment of my newborn instead of walking around in a semi-conscious state of anxiety. I kinda feel "guilty" that everything is going so well, but in a way I feel like I deserve it!

Ivy LOVES the sling, thank goodness. Sometimes it's the only way I can get stuff done, because she loves being held all the time and with 5 kids it's impossible for me to sit on the couch with her all day. It's great for dr's appts because I can wear her and push the wheelchair or stroller with both hands. (We get SO many comments!) We have a Maya wrap and a fleece pouch and she loves them both. In fact some nights I have to take a walk outside with her in the sling because it's the only way she'll get to sleep!

We're trying to teach Ivy how to take a bottle. She's doing ok with it, but of courrse prefers the boob and is starting to have marathon sucking sessions in the late afternoons. She doesn't really take a pacifier, but I'll keep trying. It would be nice if I could leave her with DH or my mom occasionally and they could comfort her like I can. I usually don't mind taking her with me everywhere, but it would be nice to at least have the option of leaving her with someone, YK?

Gotta go, she's got a soggy diaper!

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#20 of 238 Old 05-03-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
a schedule?!?!
I definitely used the wrong word here... I should have said "routine". (Schedule... bah, even her folks aren't on a schedule!) Things seemed to be relatively consistent the week my mom-in-law was here, in terms of how long she slept, what pattern of waking, nursing, sleeping, etc. But I feel like that all went out the window a bit this week. Could be that we had a few appointments this week that disrupted both of us.

On a positive note, she is, for the first time, napping in her co-sleeper as I type. DH will be so happy, as he was already calling it the "largest waste of money thus far". Now just to make sure the cat is reminded that she has a place of her own, and it isn't on top of Rory.

For those of you having trouble with your care providers, you have my utmost sympathy. I can't imagine going through the process of prenatal care and birth with someone, and then feeling blown off afterwards. I'm still enjoying our visits with the midwives, and know that I will miss them when they are no longer there. Thankfully there are annual picnics.

Ecstatic mama to our one and only Aurora (Apr 07)
#21 of 238 Old 05-03-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaylee View Post
I definitely used the wrong word here... I should have said "routine". (Schedule... bah, even her folks aren't on a schedule!) Things seemed to be relatively consistent the week my mom-in-law was here, in terms of how long she slept, what pattern of waking, nursing, sleeping, etc. But I feel like that all went out the window a bit this week. Could be that we had a few appointments this week that disrupted both of us.
Sorry, didn't mean to offend! I just always laugh when people ask those stupid questions: Is he on a schedule? How often does he eat? Does he sleep through the night yet?

I was bitching to a friend about trying to figure out if DS had a pattern, and she sent me a spreadsheet she created with her daughter (now 16 months old). It covered 3-12 weeks, and there was NO pattern at all, even as far as how long after waking baby went to sleep again. I was kind of surprised by that, but relieved, too!

I forgot to say before - does anyone else's babe make bubbles? I call it "blowing bubbles" and DH calls it "foaming at the mouth" Anyway, he forms this little layer of bubbles on his lips off and on throughout the day. We're thinking he's just producing more saliva and doesn't know what to do with it...

#22 of 238 Old 05-03-2007, 06:18 PM

Karen, mine does the same thing. When my little bro did it, it was b/c of reflux, which I think CJ has also.
#23 of 238 Old 05-03-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
I forgot to say before - does anyone else's babe make bubbles? I call it "blowing bubbles" and DH calls it "foaming at the mouth" Anyway, he forms this little layer of bubbles on his lips off and on throughout the day. We're thinking he's just producing more saliva and doesn't know what to do with it...
Yes, John does that too, especially after naps!

Jenny, reading & writing mama of dd(18), ds(6), and ds(3)
#24 of 238 Old 05-03-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymakes3 View Post
Karen, mine does the same thing. When my little bro did it, it was b/c of reflux, which I think CJ has also.
Hmm, I'm pretty sure DS doesn't have reflux - he really likes laying flat on his back, and isn't needing to be upright (esp. after feedings) one of the hallmarks of reflux? H does huccup a lot, though. Well, I'm not too worried about it, just wondered if it meant something...

#25 of 238 Old 05-03-2007, 11:47 PM

Karen - I feel your pain. Really. With DD, I first had serious blisters, which came off taking all the skin off one nipple with it (had to fish out of the baby's mouth at 1 week old), then trush set in - for about 4-5 months. I had cracks that wouldn't heal in both breasts, and the scars to show for it now. The lactation consultant was shocked by how bad my nipples got. It is so hard when BF'ing hurts. But you are being really agressive at treating the trush and you *will* get control over it eventually. Eli and I have had one really bad round and got it under control mostly - then saw his white mouth today. BF'ing with him hasn't been painless yet due to thrush, but it hurts so much less than it did with RObin, I feel like I can't complain. Good luck and keep it up.

Avaylee - adjusting to life with one I think was harder than adjusting to life with 2. Not that 2 is easy - it's a serious challenge every minute. But the first was more of a shock to the system.

Eli is fantastic. He's super chill 90% of the time. He loves the sling - but it knocks him out every time. So if I'm running errands all day and he's in it a lot, he sleeps all day then doesn't want to go to bed before midnight.

Yep, MW abandonment sucks. Mine was supposed to re-stitch my tear this weekend - but was a no-show and hasn't called me since. Good thing I saw a CNM for shadow care - I have an appt with her for this tues. It's another reason why it sucks to live in a state that doesn't recognize HB midwives - there's no system of accountability.
#26 of 238 Old 05-03-2007, 11:52 PM

Hi! Audrey is wonderful - she cluster feeds at night and in the morning and is sleeping from 11p until around 4 and then thru 7ish, so we are very thankful! She is right at 10 lbs. Audrey has wicked hiccups too - the pedi said that it's just her immature nervous system and is normal for all babies! She looks completely shocked and confused while she has them though - too funny!
#27 of 238 Old 05-04-2007, 02:35 AM

Holly is 7 weeks old now and growing like a weed. She is 12.5 lbs up from just over 8 at birth.

Everything is going great, but I feel like I'm swimming in a sea of spit up! Seriously, this baby is a spit up fountain. It doesn't seem to bother her, but I am doing 3 loads of laundry a day! Ugh!
#28 of 238 Old 05-04-2007, 08:28 AM
jkg

Does anyone else's baby grunt a lot when they are tired? Cas sounds like he's wrestling alligators ...he's so loud! I had mentioned it to our ped. at his 1-month check-up and she didn't think anything was wrong as long as he seemed like he wasn't having trouble breathing. I have just never heard another baby like this!
#29 of 238 Old 05-04-2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkg View Post
Does anyone else's baby grunt a lot when they are tired? Cas sounds like he's wrestling alligators ...he's so loud!
YES! This baby is SOOOOOOOOO loud especially at night. She hardly nurses during the night and has never had an "awake" period at night (she nurses for a minute or two, eyes shut, and continues sleeping) so I feel very grateful BUT she makes sooooo much noise! Sometimes she'll move her arms and legs and stretch and grunt so loudly she can be heard in the whole apartment! So of course, I wake up and get in position to nurse and BAM! she's quiet and calm again, sleeping peacefully. And then we start over 15-20 times during the night (the whole time she's still sleeping!)

Grrrr!

Oh well, at least she's fine the rest of the time and has no problem nursing.

Another thing is that she's vomited ALL her milk a couple times since she was born. Just this morning, after we were both dressed (and nicely, because we're going out!) she was nursing and suddenly threw up A LOT of milk. It was nice and warm and not digested or anything. This has happened four or five times since she was born (she's 5 weeks today). Does this mean anything? Should I worry???

Anyway, she's gaining weight well and is very smiley and content. We very rarely set her down and she's not quite happy with the sling yet (unless she's sleepy). She always wants to be in arms and moving around. I hope I can get some free-hand time soon...

Have a great day everybody!
#30 of 238 Old 05-04-2007, 10:02 AM

Subbing and checking in!

We are doing fine over here. At seven weeks, Ahmet weighs 5.5 kg now (that's about 12 pounds) and is getting soooo big! He's outgrown most of the clothes that I picked up for him last fall when we were in the US and we've had to break down and buy a few ridiculously-priced Turkish outfits. Fortunately we're getting hand-me-downs from a friend who had her baby last summer and now she's an MDC mom! I love sharing MDC!

BFing is grand, I can't imagine doing it any other way. I started pumping this week and trying to build up my supply in case the birth control pills zap it. (We can't get progesterone-only pills here.) I have a small stash of a whopping 7 ounces in the fridge right now and hoping that we don't have to use it. I'm blessed to have another great friend who loaned me an Ameda electric pump.

Ahmet loves the sling and takes most of his long afternoon naps in it. We try to get out of the house a couple of times a week, so he's become accustomed to walking around the mall or wherever in the sling. I end up using it at home sometimes so he can nap (like now).

Our neighbor had her baby six days after I did, long story short, she was having some problems with bfing (fixed now) and I ended up nursing her daughter once! Some people think it's gross, but I think it's waaaaay kewl! Ahmet has a süt kardeş ("milk sister") now!

I'm also on the dairy-free bandwagon. It only took a few times of the 3 am day-glo baby spew for me to wise up to the allergy possibility. And for those who don't know, yes there really is cheese in Doritos. Who knew? How am I going to get through the summer without ice cream?

Good to see that everyone and their babies are doing well. es to you all from Turkiye!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page