Welcome ALL June 2006 Mamas-- May Chat - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-23-2007, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay the ad at the bottom is advertising gumdrop flavored pacifiers...that's a joke, right?

full on toddler here...or baby-zilla as we like to call him...

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2007, 06:17 PM

oh, they're scented, not flavored: http://www.gumdroppacifiers.com/

still...makes me think of those candies that are lollipops shaped like a bottle.

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Old 05-23-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom View Post
oh, they're scented, not flavored: http://www.gumdroppacifiers.com/

still...makes me think of those candies that are lollipops shaped like a bottle.
lil ant used those in the nicu....

without our permission...but that's another story.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:01 PM

welcome, Twin!

Hey Heidi! We've missed you!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 05-23-2007, 07:28 PM

babyzilla i like that

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 05-23-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco_mama View Post
oh but i think raw broccoli has much more flavor than plain pasta too.

E loves tofu. i cut it up in little cubes and he has a blast picking them up. anyone else a tofu fan?
Talula eats tofu, but with flavah!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
six months! you rock Kara! What's the recipe for banana/coconut smoothie popsicles?
Please! I love cocconut!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
We are very into hitting and bitting! : .... and being cute!
I just pull her off and put her down and tell her she's all done if she's gonna hit and bite. I don't know what else to do. I don't want to use the no word along with nurseing.I don't want her to associate the two. Am I right?

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
Old 05-23-2007, 11:40 PM

Talula hits out of excitement, I think. I don't like to say "NO' a lot either. I usually say, "Ouch, that hurts, be gentle," and I grab her hand and pet myself with it. Then I pet her back. She seems to be getting it after all this time, and she delights in petting people gently. But she still doesn't get that she's hurting when she hits, I think.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinalicious View Post

I just found this thread so I thought I would join in. I am a single mom and live with my mom who is my savior at the moment. My twins boys where born June 23, :

My godsons are twins -- almost 8 months old. If you see mamajody over in the Mothering Multiples forum, that's them! Well, their mama, at any rate.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:57 AM

Ruby loves coconut milk

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Love love love it. I especially love the "hunting" aspect of the last bite. Size it up.....pause......then CHOMP!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
Old 05-24-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
VERY CUTE!
I love when you try to take it away from her she grabs it and won't let go!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
good grief! could she be ANY cuter?! um, no. that's awesome.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Agreed- Ruby is hilarious in that video! Is it just unsweetened coconut milk or is there something else with it?

To answer someone's question, P eats tofu occasionally.

I feel like I should be feeding him a little more food but I'm kind of lazy, and since he recently decided he hates green beans (throws them on the floor in protest) I don't have any vegetables in the house suitable for him, just fruits and Os. he loves my muffins though. I tried to get him to try my miso soup the other day but he wasn't interested. And yesterday he had 5 bottles while I was at work! Usually he just has 3...

What are the next teeth to come in? He has four on top and bottom but has been drooling incessantly.

I'm going to a family reunion in Illinois w/ Philip next weekend. I'm excited to see my cousin and her kids (her youngest is only a few weeks older than Philip) but I'm going to be traveling by myself and it seems a little challenging. I'll be flying Delta, hopefully they won't harass me about bfing w/o a cover.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:11 PM

Molars are next.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
OMG! that is the best! I have that ice cream maker I've never used it.Do you have a ice cream book? where do you get your recipies from? I know i'm full of questions today sorry!

Old 05-24-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Molars are next.
super teething baby here.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:24 PM

Selesai -- fly with confidence. I really think that Freedom Air thing was an anomaly. In three trans-Pacific flights plus assorted domestic jumps, I never ever ever had a cross eye from a flight attendant (or anyone else, for that matter). I think they were relieved, honestly. A BFing mom is much easier for them. Now, the screaming part... that wasn't so fun. once again, though, the attendants were very nice.

Nevie's had tofu when we went out for Japanese food (ahhh, nostalgia). She really liked it -- it was in the miso soup. If you guys can find this at your grocery store, look for this puffed rice snack called "Veggie Booty." That stuff is a big, fat hit around here!

OK, enough outta me.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
six months! you rock Kara! What's the recipe for banana/coconut smoothie popsicles?
Aw, shucks .... thanks It helps that we found a diaper Chris and I both love. Bum Genius are like "cloth diapers for dummies" LOL and actually fit Mr. 25lbs of Love's big booty

Coconut Banana Smoothie popsicles ... I don't think I'd go so far as to call it a "recipe" but this is what I do: dump the can of coconut milk in the blender, chop up and add bananas (like 3 or 4) & once I got fancy and added a container of YoBaby banana yogurt, too Blend it all up, pour it into the popsicle molds, and freeze. Tada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom View Post

anyway...i've gone on too long, just mean to pop in and say
Hi Leighann! Good to "see" you mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post

How do y'all handle tantrums at this age?
Just responding with a simple statement or two that acknowledges his feelings, like "oh, you're mad because you wanted to climb up the ladder" and giving a hug and maybe some redirection if he's mad over something he can't have or isn't safe for him to play with. I've noticed that after seeing Chris and I do this for Max - give him the words he doesn't have yet - that Jillian will do it, too "Aw, Max, you're mad that you can't have my scissors" and then she'll redirect him to something he *can* have. Also things like he can't hit his sister with the spoon, but "Here, Max, here is a bowl" and show him how to bang on the bowl with the spoon.

I've found, and maybe this second child will make a liar out of me but with Jillian as she started getting a bigger vocabulary and could express her feelings on her own the "fits" and "tantrums" faded away ... hoping to give some expression & vocabulary tools a little earlier this second time around, we've started doing some Baby Signs with Max. He's a master of "more" but, really, he uses it a lot. Just this morning he was getting upset and Chris noticed it was after he had turned off the radio and Max was making the "more" sign - guess he wanted more music & dancing (which was happily supplied)

I've also noticed that Max, like his sister ... and sometimes like his mama, doesn't do transitions very well. We've learned to do things with the kids to help ease into things. Like having a rhythm (not a by the clock "routine" - which works for some families, but not for ours - but a rhythm) ... instead of just "okay, time for bed" and scooping them up from playtime and into bed we do baths, then pj's, then a small snack, teeth brushing, a few stories while snuggling in bed (and the baby nurses) until they fall asleep ... I think it helps for them to know what is coming next, you know? Bedtime may vary around here just because our lives are pretty varied, but whatever time it is and whether we are at home or on the road, we try to stick to that rhythm.

I've also noticed that it seems like as Max is exploring more and walking and getting into new things that he's doing more nursing for comfort - quick, crawl in my lap, 20 second nursing/snuggling, just to touch base kind of time, you know?

And, you know, some kids are pretty mellow and some are just more passionate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinalicious View Post
Neither of them have any teeth yet and they have just started to refuse being spoon fed. Which is really frustrating because they are picky about what they self feed. So right now they are pretty much only eating rice cakes and avocados. Any advice on how to get the to eat more veggies and more variety?
Hello! Welcome! Twin June Babies - wow! Great to have another June Mama in the mix!

We're still slowly introducing things. Max is eating mostly peas & squash (that I blend, freeze, and then re-heat for him) some O's cereal, bananas, avocados, and whatever food his sister sneaks to him ... and plenty of nursing!

I read recently that it can take up to 15 times before they will accept a new food, so I guess patience is a virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
What are the next teeth to come in? He has four on top and bottom but has been drooling incessantly.
Max has the bottom two teeth and is getting his incisors on the top. He looks like a baby vampire. Those middle front will come in soon, right?

First birthdays ... wow! .... seems like just yesterday we were all introducing ourselves on the expecting boards ...

We're not having a big family birthday party. Long, dramatic story involving my sister-in-law (who has a baby born on the same day as Max) and a family wedding and other junk not even worth wasting key strokes typing out ... but, the four of us are going to celebrate the day together

Okay, I have a sick kiddo (Jillian, not Max ... so far) and I hear her waking up, so I'm off. Best Wishes, friends!

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
Old 05-24-2007, 01:28 PM

Molars are kicking us in the rear! We vote no on molars, but the more we ignore them, the closer they get.

My Monster is a breadatarian. All previously accepted fruit and vegetables no longer apply. She still has a slight taste for human blood and lots of breastmilk. I think it's teething causing the new food aversions. She is enjoy chewing an ice cube in one of those nasty mesh feeders. I will have to try coconut milk ice cream. Give up that recipe, kthx!
Old 05-24-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittingKara View Post
Coconut Banana Smoothie popsicles ... I don't think I'd go so far as to call it a "recipe" but this is what I do: dump the can of coconut milk in the blender, chop up and add bananas (like 3 or 4) & once I got fancy and added a container of YoBaby banana yogurt, too Blend it all up, pour it into the popsicle molds, and freeze. Tada!
: for dh to make me some!

So how much does everyone's kiddos weigh now? We are at 27.5 lbs (as of Sunday). I'm guessing my baby is a giant. we knew she was a hippo but we thought she was a little one.

DD is not a picky eater...at all. Anyone else have an eat-anything kid?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:58 PM

Ok quick drive by posting before we get going for the day...
1. plain coconut milk from the can. nothing added, she goes nutso for it. I add it to oatmeal and stuff sometimes too.

2. tofu - not here, but i'm sensitive to soy, so we're avoiding it till later.

3. thats how many teeth we have 2 on the bottom 1 on the top. no where near molars yet.

Ice cream "recipe"... 2 cans coconut milk (not light!) some maple syrup ( like 1/2 c if you have it, I had to add a little sugar cause I din't have enough syrup) some vanilla (like 2 tsp) and a dash of cinnamon. put in ice cream maker. go.

Next time I'm adding fruit.

Ok. i JUST started my period, all over the bed. like 2 seconds ago. Guess it's laundry day. FUN. :

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:50 PM

Speaking of periods, my first one was suuuuuper light. I barely noticed it. Anyone else have this? Should I not get excited, because it might be niagara falls next time? I can't remember how things went after Tania.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:51 PM

p.s. That coconut ice cream sounds super delish. I wish I had an ice-cream maker.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Speaking of periods, my first one was suuuuuper light. I barely noticed it. Anyone else have this? Should I not get excited, because it might be niagara falls next time? I can't remember how things went after Tania.

Yeah good luck with that. I was always heavy but now it's just ridiculous.
Apparently, though, my cervix is strange. The opening is not a smiley face like is usual in women who have dilated, but is a 3 pronged something er other. Um, ? But I am thinking this makes my worse. Aren't you all glad I shared this with you?

Quote:
Ok quick drive by posting before we get going for the day...
1. plain coconut milk from the can. nothing added, she goes nutso for it. I add it to oatmeal and stuff sometimes too.

2. tofu - not here, but i'm sensitive to soy, so we're avoiding it till later.

3. thats how many teeth we have 2 on the bottom 1 on the top. no where near molars yet.

Ice cream "recipe"... 2 cans coconut milk (not light!) some maple syrup ( like 1/2 c if you have it, I had to add a little sugar cause I din't have enough syrup) some vanilla (like 2 tsp) and a dash of cinnamon. put in ice cream maker. go.

Next time I'm adding fruit.

Ok. i JUST started my period, all over the bed. like 2 seconds ago. Guess it's laundry day. FUN. :
Awww, that sucks Korin Thx for the recipe, will try. Are you vegetarian? I forgot if you were or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireant View Post
So how much does everyone's kiddos weigh now? We are at 27.5 lbs (as of Sunday). I'm guessing my baby is a giant. we knew she was a hippo but we thought she was a little one.

DD is not a picky eater...at all. Anyone else have an eat-anything kid?
I think P is 28-29 lbs. He was about 27 at his 9 mo check up. Speaking of, today is his 11 mo bday. : Sometimes I look at him on the bed sleeping or nursing and I just can't believe that he's becoming a kid so quickly!

P usually does eat everything, but the green beans are a recent phenomenon. He used to eat them now he just throws them. Sometimes, too, I think he just doesn't want to eat anything at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
Molars are kicking us in the rear! We vote no on molars, but the more we ignore them, the closer they get.

My Monster is a breadatarian. All previously accepted fruit and vegetables no longer apply. She still has a slight taste for human blood and lots of breastmilk. I think it's teething causing the new food aversions. She is enjoy chewing an ice cube in one of those nasty mesh feeders. I will have to try coconut milk ice cream. Give up that recipe, kthx!
Ice cubes... hmmm. But I don't have a nasty mesh feeder.
What kind of bread does Harper like?

I need some new bibs. Mine suck, they are for babies not Philips.

I am bored at work.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:

I've only had one so far and it was way too much.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:07 PM

We are getting rid of our little bibs now too...summertime means nakey baby anyway.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
Ice cubes... hmmm. But I don't have a nasty mesh feeder.
What kind of bread does Harper like?

I need some new bibs. Mine suck, they are for babies not Philips.
We were putting ice cubes in a baby washcloth, but she figured out how to untie that. Then she cries when her hand gets cold. So the feeder thing has a handle. win win win.

She likes sourdough a lot. Ciabatta. Anything. I have never seen her refuse bread. We do wheat, obvs.

We don't do bibs at meals. They don't really help! One more thing to wash. We have one smock someone gave us, which comes out for avocado, since that seems to stain.

Korin, thanks for the recipe! I have an ice cream maker stashed away, was gonna get rid of it, but that sounds good....

H. was 18lbs 13oz at her 9 month. I think she's about 20 lbs now according to her sitting on our home scale. She is about 30 inches. So either she is a runt, or everyone else is giant.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
H. was 18lbs 13oz at her 9 month. I think she's about 20 lbs now according to her sitting on our home scale. She is about 30 inches. So either she is a runt, or everyone else is giant.
30 inches is tall for 20 lbs right?
lil ant is 33 inches
Old 05-24-2007, 04:53 PM

Talula hasn't been weighed since she was 2mo. If I wasn't such a fat-ass, I might have a scale of my own, but my self-esteem can't take it these days. I'd guess she's about 25 pounds. I measured her a couple months ago and she was 27 3/4 inches. I think she's losing some chub what with all the crawling and stuff. Maybe I should start crawling.

User Tag List