Welcome ALL June 2006 Mamas-- May Chat - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 464 Old 05-25-2007, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so Katie appears to be teething again. Completely miserable. Fever, snotty nose, fists in the mouth all day. And she's been holding her tongue on on one side of her mouth. So I stuck my finger in there to see what I could feel. She's got 6 teeth out. xXXx on top, _XX_ on bottom. The only thing I can feel in her gums are molars. Ack.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#362 of 464 Old 05-25-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
Ahhh, now this is the DDC I know and love. Go away for an afternoon and need to spend 2 hours catching up!

I'm going to have to check into that moon cup. I can not deal with this, it's crazy! Almost over for this month though, so yay for that!
#363 of 464 Old 05-26-2007, 02:02 PM

Talula stood by herself for about 20 seconds today. She was in the middle of the kitchen floor, and she seemed sort of bewildered. She seemed pleased with herself, though.

She's really starting to like Joey a LOT. She follows him around the house and cries if he walks away or anything. It's pretty cute, and he just eats it up too.
#364 of 464 Old 05-26-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
She's really starting to like Joey a LOT. She follows him around the house and cries if he walks away or anything. It's pretty cute, and he just eats it up too.
E does this with his daddy too. It's adorable.
#365 of 464 Old 05-27-2007, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinalicious View Post
Now I am just rambling but reading your posts makes me feel a little behind. Oh well, we'll get there.

You ladies have made me feel very welcome I'll try to keep up with the conversation, that might be hard

TTFN
No worries, mama I've been part of this group since we were all first learning we were pregnant and I don't think I've *ever* been caught up It's great to have "new" June 06 mamas in the mix - you're very welcome!

We're a chatty bunch (well, it seems to ebb and flow) but I don't think I've ever found a better online support system ... or such great humor

Max re-discovered shrieking for no reason at the top of his lungs today. I'm sure the neighbors think we're torturing him.

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
#366 of 464 Old 05-27-2007, 04:24 AM

i hate teeth. the moaning is so sad. the sweating is so uncomfortable. my baby is so sad!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#367 of 464 Old 05-27-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittingKara View Post

Max re-discovered shrieking for no reason at the top of his lungs today. I'm sure the neighbors think we're torturing him.
, I thought that LJ was the only baby that did that ... so you mean to tell me that there are a whole chorus of babies shrieking for fun? :

Mom to 7-year old DS1 carrot.gif, 2 year old DD joy.gifand DS2 surf.gif

#368 of 464 Old 05-27-2007, 10:23 PM

Upon closer inspection, I believe we're getting canines, not molars. Still, suck.

Also. Andrew left for work on the 10th. Since then, I've lost 10 pounds. I guess I should keep working in the yard, since I've got nothing to snack on out there. I weigh less now than I have in at least 5 years, and only 15lbs to go until I reach my goal weight. Yay!

#369 of 464 Old 05-27-2007, 11:06 PM

Sarah, how's your SIL's baby doing? How's your SIL holding up?

Teeth are driving us mental here and there. These are taking forever.

We've posteda hugeloadofpics, including "the tacky jammies." My spacebar is breaking.

Nicole, here's a funny picture of Harper and Olivia! Hope that's Ok to post some with O.in there. If not, we'll take it right down. He got some really cute ones of Olivia alone, so I'll have him throw them in a Shutterfly gallery or something so you can grab them if you want.

oh yeah,wefound out H. hates the swings.
#370 of 464 Old 05-27-2007, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Hello. I am enjoying lurking.
I wish I was Harper so that someone could dress me as cutely as she always is.
#371 of 464 Old 05-27-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittingKara View Post
Evie does this too, especiall if we're trying to redirect her and she doesn't want to be redirected. I believe I see a temper in my future.
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post

We've posteda hugeloadofpics, including "the tacky jammies." My spacebar is breaking.

Nicole, here's a funny picture of Harper and Olivia! Hope that's Ok to post some with O.in there. If not, we'll take it right down. He got some really cute ones of Olivia alone, so I'll have him throw them in a Shutterfly gallery or something so you can grab them if you want.

a.dor.a.ble! Evie loves the swings! She giggles uncontrollably on the way across the yard to get to them. lol

The birthday party was a big hit. It was just family and 2 close friends, so we had a really good day. Evie wasn't overstimulated and we all just kinda hung out together. Plus, I have really good cake left over, so even though I don't need to eat it, it's so delish, I can't help myself.

I'm going to force my hubby to finish the site he's working on so I can post some pictures. I can't believe my baby girl is almost 1! And to think a year ago this time, I was miserable and hurting and thinking I was going to have a whole nother month to go.

We're going to take her swimming tomorrow. I can't wait. We'll see how she likes it. Judging from her fish tendencies in the bathtub, I'm thinking she'll have a blast tomorrow.
#372 of 464 Old 05-27-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:

Yeah,the swing was funny.Poor kid!
It's ok to post them. Had a great time at the park! lets do it again.

My beastie just went to bed at 10:00, No good nap today.:

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#373 of 464 Old 05-28-2007, 02:43 AM

naps are for $h1t today. still awake at 10:30 pm. cranky as all get out. teeth are teh evil.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#374 of 464 Old 05-28-2007, 03:25 AM

We're still awake. With a mother-effing runny nose. WTF???
#375 of 464 Old 05-28-2007, 03:30 AM

i hate snot. more than the current administration.

#376 of 464 Old 05-28-2007, 07:44 AM

Helen, those pics made my day.

Sorry everyone is having crap sleep - we are too, but it's because we're away from home and she always sleeps crappy away from home.

And we STILL have a shrieker here, too.

But......she took a bunch of mini shuffle-type steps yesterday! Whoopeee!

She's 11 months old today.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#377 of 464 Old 05-28-2007, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

My baby is trying to drop the second nap. NOOOOO!

Babies are evil. Not teeth. Teeth are excuses.
#378 of 464 Old 05-28-2007, 10:14 AM

E recenty dropped his 2nd nap too. I actually don't mind it because he's been taking one long nap and then going to bed around 8:30 BUT then he is up at like 12:00 for an hour or so. :

I swear he said "look" this morning. But it came out as "uuk." We were looking out the window at the tree and he points up and says, "uuk."
#379 of 464 Old 05-28-2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco_mama View Post
E recenty dropped his 2nd nap too. I actually don't mind it because he's been taking one long nap and then going to bed around 8:30 BUT then he is up at like 12:00 for an hour or so. :

I swear he said "look" this morning. But it came out as "uuk." We were looking out the window at the tree and he points up and says, "uuk."
how cute. I get "that" alot. Lu whats in the bowl? "That"

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#380 of 464 Old 05-28-2007, 11:55 AM

My baby is sick again.
#381 of 464 Old 05-28-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:

Hey lil ant has that same old navy dress! We went shopping for her at the mall this weekend and got tons of girly stuff......I'm not used to girly stuff :
but it's really cute.

Sorry for the sick kiddos!
#382 of 464 Old 05-28-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:

great pics

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#383 of 464 Old 05-29-2007, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Digging this up from pg 3...

I am frustrated by sunscreen. I am trying to find a baby sunscreen for P and I am so confused. I would like to just keep the California Babies which I bought but DH freaked over the price. I then bought Blue Lizard (which he is ok with and is a non-chemical sunscreen) but it has parabens. Perhaps there is no perfect sunscreen? I did buy a sunhat and shirt so we shouldn't have to use too much sunscreen this summer anyway. But I'm annoyed by the seeming complexity of this decision.

*begin rant*
And I am also annoyed w/ DH. This is just an example of the way we sometimes disagree. I don't care if California Babies is $9 more than Blue LIzard. I'm not going out to lunch this week, so there's your $9. But he doesn't think like that necessarily. And when it comes to bike stuff, OMG, he will spend $$$$. I am the mean wife who won't let him spend $300+ on stuff for a SECOND bike (he already has a $1300 bike, and I and SS each have one too) when I'm trying to pay off debt and am denying myself other stuff.
Ok. *end rant.*

P's sleep has been weird, yesterday he did take 2 naps but then wouldn't go to bed until 10 and every time he goes to bed late he wakes up early. : what is up with that? I guess the one nap day is better-- then he goes down around 7:30 and is up again 12 hours later. He seems to sleep more soundly, too.

I'm really enjoying watching him play. He entertains himself more than he used to. He's discovered light switches (he can stand on the couch-- which he gets up on by himself-- to turn one off but hasn't figured out how to turn it on yet) and he likes to put things in containers and then dump them out. He laughs at the fans (and it's funny to see his little baby hair blowing in the breeze!) and the purple ball, of which he was previously afraid, is now his best friend.

Anyway, off to work. I hope all of you are well.
#384 of 464 Old 05-29-2007, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
My baby is sick again.
awww... I hope she gets better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
how cute. I get "that" alot. Lu whats in the bowl? "That"
We have words like "noon" ? "duh" and other cute things that seem to be unrelated to English. BUT, he will say "dada" and when DH responds, he'll let out a string of words that makes you realize he's discussing philosophy with you though you unfortunately can't understand his thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
But......she took a bunch of mini shuffle-type steps yesterday! Whoopeee!

She's 11 months old today.
Yay! :

I agree, Helen those pics were great.
I hope Ruby is feeling better too!
#385 of 464 Old 05-29-2007, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Rant #2.

For a week or so I have developed some sort of weird protruding stomach which can only be described as a paunch. I think it is now gone but I am puzzled and really annoyed. I supposedly (according to the "charts" which take into account my frame size) am supposed to weigh 35 lbs less. :
So I need to lose weight but I don't think it will be fun, and that irritates me.

End rant.

Thanks for listening/reading/ignoring me.
#386 of 464 Old 05-29-2007, 01:07 PM

About sunscreen, if you have insurance that covers dermatology and prescriptions, you should try to get pure zinc as a sunscreen. It leaves you looking a bit white, but it's the best thing you can use. I consider myself an expert on matters of sunscreen. Or, at least look for a sunscreen whose main ingredient is zinc.

We had the night from hell last night. Poor Lu was waking, oh, about every twenty minutes crying. She had a pretty high fever, which is gone now. She's still pretty cranky and congested, but did wake up smiling.

Gotta go tend to her.
#387 of 464 Old 05-29-2007, 01:25 PM

last night i had a miracle baby. she slept for 3-4 hours at a time. I of course... could not. Lots onmy mind. will post about it soon. I think we have 3 teeth on the horizon, but for some reason, the universe gave me a break
last night. she didn't go down till nearly 10:30 but she slept til9 am (as did I). woohoo! I'm fine with a late baby but i'd like late mornings too.

Sunscreen.. ugh. i am about to get on that boat. I just set up a kiddie pool in the back yard, and it looks like we're gonna need it this week. it's supposed to be in the 90s.

I need to get my butt in gear and start planning a birthday party. dang.

Jessica, i'm sorry your dh is such a dorkface. sometimes men get their priorities all screwy. at least he doesn't want to spend money on a stripper... i mean the bike is his mode of transport, and how he gets out and about with P, right? it's family related at least. you shouldn't go without, but you're the one who seems to know have better priorities. one battle at a time, i guess.

#388 of 464 Old 05-29-2007, 01:30 PM

ps. hugs to you and lu. do you need anything?

#389 of 464 Old 05-29-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
P's sleep has been weird, yesterday he did take 2 naps but then wouldn't go to bed until 10 and every time he goes to bed late he wakes up early. what is up with that? I guess the one nap day is better-- then he goes down around 7:30 and is up again 12 hours later. He seems to sleep more soundly, too.
K does better at night if she only has one nap too. Sad for me though, because I could get a lot done during that second nap.

We use Aveeno spray on sunscreen for me and for K.

Quote:
We had the night from hell last night. Poor Lu was waking, oh, about every twenty minutes crying. She had a pretty high fever, which is gone now. She's still pretty cranky and congested, but did wake up smiling.
: That was our night too. Nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
but she slept til 9 am (as did I). woohoo!
Hooray!!

So DH got home last night. And Katie "found" him in the bed this morning when she woke up. She had the biggest grin, and now she won't leave his side. So cute. I can tell him that she misses him until my face is blue, but the way she's acting today makes it undeniable for him. Love it.

#390 of 464 Old 05-29-2007, 02:07 PM

Hi all - I haven't been around these parts in months, but I thought I'd read back a page or two and update:

Naps: still have two here, morning is longer than the afternoon one..

Teeth: Still six - 4 top, 2 bottom.

Weight: he's 23 lbs.

Walking: Veeerrrry close! He will walk several steps forward with his hands being held, and will stand on his own for a few seconds.

Swimming: Went for the first time about six weeks ago in PHX and again yesterday - he loves it! What a little fish. He has a little floaty ring he sat in yesterday while I pulled him around.

Haircuts: Had his first official cut not done by Mom - makes him look like such a grown-up boy!

Bad Mommy Moment: Shut his right index finger in the back door last week and had to go to the ER. He lost the nail, but it will grow back. I feel so awful. He was really good at the hospital though - docs all commented on how calm he was and didn't cry.

Gabriel's birthday is Thursday! I'll try to post some bday pictures.

Take care, everybody!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page