Welcome ALL June 2006 Mamas-- May Chat - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 12:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So Bastian just took his first step two weeks ago. And a couple days ago, he started walking. (With a lot of diggers.) Today, my barely walking boyo decided it would be fun to CLIMB UP A SLIDE.

Not just the Little Tykes type slide. The big one at the playground, with no one holding onto him. (Although you better believe there was a lot of close hovering.)

:

Qualia didn't start walking until 14 months, so this is new territory for me. Is it normal to be so, er, adventuresome and agile before even really being able to walk? I mean, dude! That seems pretty wild to me. I have a feeling I'm going to have to keep a really close eye on this one. Between his love of the toilet paper roll (spinny!), trying to climb in the tub constantly (thankfully empty), and now successfully climbing anything in reach. . . . I'm so screwed.
#422 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 08:29 AM

Not much time to post but wanted to say I'm reading, and hugs to everyone having difficulties. Too much for me to comment on right now, but I'll try to come back later.

My most recent difficulty? Food freeking poisoning yesterday. I don't think I've ever been that miserable, for real. I will do just about anything to avoid puking, but I was trying to figure out how to make myself puke yesterday afternoon cause I knew it would speed things up and get it over with. My head felt like it was gonna split open from the headache...and the wish to puke didn't wait for long, cause it came with a vengeance. Poor K standing in Donovan's room sobbing at the gate while I'm lurched over the toilet and Donovan is trying to comfort her. Sweet and pathetic at the same time. Thank God J came home from work a half-hour early and had the kids all evening until bedtime, cause I was in lousy shape. It started around 2pm with a headache and mild nausea, at 4pm I was puking my guts out on and off for 40 min and thought my head was gonna split wide open; then I passed out until J brought K to me for bedtime at 7:30pm. Good times, good times.

I feel better, but wobbly and weak this morning. I *knew* that turkey lunchmeat didn't smell quite right, but I didn't realize it was as old as it was. I thought it was only a week old, but it was closer to two. Barf. Thank GAWD I didn't give an to my meat-loving babe. Shudder.

I'm laying real low today. My sweet hubby brought me dry toast, a banana, and a gigantic container f water before he left for work today. Amazing what violently emptying your stomach contents can do to your overall well being. My sincere sympathies for anyone who had the pukes during pregnancy - how miserable.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#423 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
Suddenly getting that nasty panicky feeling when you think that your beautiful, healthy, active child isn't doing all the things they "should" be doing.
story of my life, sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
SOmeone on our local board told me to give ruby young coconut WATER as a sub for BM... we dont' need to i was jus thoping to ditch the pump at work. but I will soon. More on that later.

Sarah if you're pregnant, I'm going to buy a lottery ticket.
ooo...ditching the work?! maybe? woot!

hell, maybe I should buy a lottery ticket. srsly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post
So Bastian just took his first step two weeks ago. And a couple days ago, he started walking. (With a lot of diggers.) Today, my barely walking boyo decided it would be fun to CLIMB UP A SLIDE.

I'm so screwed.
wowzers. i think, maybe, yes, you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
My most recent difficulty? Food freeking poisoning yesterday.
ew. i've had that. it's beyond miserable. i was wretching every 20 minutes for about 5 hours. totally ridiculous. finally had to use a suppository to get it to stop. my poor dad sat on my bed and kept handing me bottles of water and rinsing out my puke bowl. he does not handle helpless well. in fact, he started crying. poor daddy.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#424 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinalicious View Post
Hi ladies, just popping' in.

So how do you go about getting your dc to only take one nap? How did you decide that it would be good?
As others already responded, I had nothing to do with this (and neither did DH). It was all P. He normally woke up at 7-8am and napped at 10:30 and again around 3. One of those naps was a 2 hour, the other was 40 min-1 hour. Now he will nap around noon for two hours and then not again. However, last night he FELL ASLEEP IN THE HIGHCHAIR WHILE EATING OS!! at 6pm and we were screwed. No bedtime until 11pm, up again at 7:30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireant View Post
thank you. I guess I'm just really embarassed about giving her formula. I am scared to buy it in the store...it's fairly crunchy here so I think I would stick out. We just started the cow milk this week so I don't think it is related to her ear infections...

We've tried goat milk once but it is really expensive (even with Dh's co-op discount) and made her smell bad but I should really try it again.
I love you fireant! You're such a special woman, and a wonderful mother.
Also, are you guys still vegan? I just want to say, I respect that you are mostly vegan but don't hestiate to give your baby what she needs, even if it's animal milk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
She is deciding for me on the nap thing. I have no say in this. She normally would be sleepy about 1.5-2 hours after getting up, and then again about 3 hours after getting up from nap 1. But now she acts a little drowsy in the morning, but when we attempt a nap, she will nurse and flail around and then pop up refreshed without sleeping. So we're just going with it. It depends on the day. I expect it will be several more weeks before she really finds her groove. I have heard they typically drop to 1 nap around the time walking starts.
really? DH is all "why isn't P walking yet!" Last night he told P he was officially not an early walker. and : I said, lay off! He'll walk when he wants to. Apparently DH read somewhere (he read something child related! ) that when a kid is a super fast crawler (as P is) they are later to walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
Baby decided here too.
<snip>
When I had to fight her down for longer than she napped, I quit trying for that morning nap and bumped the afternoon one up an hour or so. Now she wants her nap about 4 hours after she wakes up (9am-ish), sleeps about 2.5 hours and goes to bed at 830-ish. And heaven help you if you try to get her to have another nap.

A fringe benefit to this, for us, is that she's so exhausted by the time she will go to bed, that all I have to do right now is lay her in her bed and sit in the chair next to her and she goes right to sleep. I tried that 2 weeks ago and she wailed.
: except Philip still nurses then rolls over and falls asleep by himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
b's scared. he wants to be able to vacation as a family and not have to split up, and if we wait another year or two to have a baby, that pushes us back even further on being able to travel as a family.

he would love another baby, just doesn't want to plan for one if that makes sense. and wants to try and prevent one. if it's meant to be, it'll happen. that's my story and i'm stickin to it.

court was postponed. not sure 'til when. :
Well that's better than my DH's worries-- that he'll be "too old" and he won't be able to get me pregnant anyway. : .

ok on to read more and respond more.

I forgot--
Korin, thanks for your response about DH's stupidheadedness regarding money.
#425 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
And, so, this is my latest stab at being part of the conversation. I'll go back in my hole now and see what happens.
:

Quote:
meh...you're not a failure by any means. is the baby alive? 'cause that's really your only job. from birth-12, don't kill the baby. from 12 and on, don't let the baby kill you.
<snip>
i got my blood test done today for my IUD insertion tomorrow. anybody wanna take bets on whether or not i'm pg? : i kill me.
: AGAIN!

Quote:
Is it normal to be so, er, adventuresome and agile before even really being able to walk? I mean, dude! That seems pretty wild to me. I have a feeling I'm going to have to keep a really close eye on this one. Between his love of the toilet paper roll (spinny!), trying to climb in the tub constantly (thankfully empty), and now successfully climbing anything in reach. . . . I'm so screwed.
Well, we have that here. We're already screwed. (have been for a while) He climbs up and down the couch all by himself, and all the way to the end and on top of the coffee table. He'll climb anything else he can find, gets into everything, tries to climb out of the bath tub, etc etc. :

Ok of to do work. I'm glad this thread is going strong again.

Oh! heather! I'm so sorry to hear about your sickness! Sounds like something that would happen to me... I hope you are feeling better today.
#426 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 12:26 PM

poor Heather!

Ack! What else? (I'm at work....actually working today : )
umm..

Thank you all for your support and hugs You all help me through the rough times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
I love you fireant! You're such a special woman, and a wonderful mother.
Also, are you guys still vegan? I just want to say, I respect that you are mostly vegan but don't hestiate to give your baby what she needs, even if it's animal milk.
Aw..I love you too
I lost my veganity a while ago (manicotti). Cheese is hard to not eat...it keeps making it's way into my mouth. And lil ant is following in my cheesy footsteps.

Thanks for being such an awesome support group!

I will try to catch up when the boss is away!
#427 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 12:50 PM

Glad you're feeling better H.

Fireant, I'm sorry you're getting good support here. Makes me happy.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#428 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Fireant, I'm sorry you're getting good support here. Makes me happy.
What?? : :
#429 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Thank you all for your support and hugs You all help me through the rough times.

Thanks for being such an awesome support group!
was referring to this....

oh i just read what i typed. i meant I'm GLAD not SORRY

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#430 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
was referring to this....

oh i just read what i typed. i meant I'm GLAD not SORRY
sorry I knew what you meant....I just couldn't let it go.

Thank you
#431 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 03:22 PM

not pregnant.

iud in.

it hurts a lot.

i want my mommy and some ice cream, and someone to convince my darling babies that mommy REALLY needs a nap right now.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#432 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 08:53 PM

sarah.

#433 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 09:05 PM

Heather -- sorry about the food poisoning. Have BTDT and it suhhhhhhcks. I will never eat Safeway "chinese" food again, and green bean casserole rarely sounds good anymore. Great weight loss program, though.

Sarah -- sorry you are in pain. I hope it improves soon.

Well, I'll be handing the baton (baby) off to Dan when he comes home so that I can go to the masters swim group at the Y. I guess I should at least think about his dinner... 'though he reports that his firm had a catered lunch today, so he can't be feeling TOO bad, food-wise.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#434 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 09:30 PM

to Heather and to Sarah.

Sarah, you sound so down lately. I hope you're okay. I know you have so much on your plate. You're so strong and amazing. I have so much 'spect for you. extra

My parents came for a night and Lu didn't scream at the sight of my mom. Yay!

My mom bought me some clothes...I feel like such. a. fat-ass. I really want to get back into jogging again. I used to feel so great, and now I'm so tired and lazy all the time.

I'm sorry. I'm whining so much. I'm just going to get with the program and do it already. Lu is finally okay with being left with Joey for long periods of time, so I have no excuse. It's hard to be 30 pounds overweight and start jogging though.

Alright, crying session over.
#435 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
sarah.
Quote:
Sarah -- sorry you are in pain. I hope it improves soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
to Heather and to Sarah.

Sarah, you sound so down lately. I hope you're okay. I know you have so much on your plate. You're so strong and amazing. I have so much 'spect for you. extra
Thanks for the hugs. I feel some better now, but still kinda woozy. I did go get fudge ripple ice cream, and helped convince a new mama to try bfing again. she stopped at 6wks 'cause she was cracking and bleeding, but is so sad, and really really wants to go again.

I'm sorry I sound down. I didn't realize. : There is definitely a lot going on. I don't think I've ever been in this much transition at once, with no real sign of coming stability, KWIM? We'll be fine, 'cause we always are, it's just been a REALLY long couple years. Kinda feels like it never ends. Hopefully soon.

I'm so lucky to have all of you, who know me well enough to "hear" me. Thanks, ladies. :

#436 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
My mom bought me some clothes...I feel like such. a. fat-ass. I really want to get back into jogging again. I used to feel so great, and now I'm so tired and lazy all the time.

I'm sorry. I'm whining so much. I'm just going to get with the program and do it already. Lu is finally okay with being left with Joey for long periods of time, so I have no excuse. It's hard to be 30 pounds overweight and start jogging though.

oh i feel ya. i managed to get 15 minutes alone yesterday and did some yoga, and then j got fussy and i did squats and chest presses and push ups with him. i felt so much better, and slept better last night.

there's a new yoga place that opened around the corner from my house, and they do hot yoga. i sooooo wanna try it. hopefully by fall we'll be able to afford classes for me, and baby gymnastics for s2.

we're side-carring j's crib (he sleeps very soundly without being touched, and i miss cuddling with dh ) tonight. hopefully all will go well. i'm so glad i get to keep him close. :

#437 of 464 Old 05-31-2007, 11:36 PM

Quote:

Over on the Fitness & Weight Management forum, there is a group of women doing the Runner's World "Couch-to-5K" program. A couple of them have joined the running thread now and are doing the most amazing things. Anyway, in case you want that extra boost of support, they'd love to have you. I was intimidated to join the Running Tribe at first, but they are AMAZING. I don't think I would be doing what I'm doing now if not for them.

So, that wasn't exactly about babies, but I think it's critical for us mamas to have all types of health. So, indirectly, it will benefit your babies :-)

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#438 of 464 Old 06-01-2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
What is muscle testing? I have heard it mentioned, but have no clue what it is. How did he clear them of an allergy?
Muscle testing is really hard to explain in writing. Basically, it is to ask your body if it *grooves* with something energetically. So if you are testing for a dairy allergy the doc would have you hold on to this metal rod then he would put his end of the same rod onto a vile that is filled with energetically charged water from milk. (I know it sounds crazy, he explained it to me and it was very scientific, I understood about 1/4 of what he said) Then you stick out your arm and he pushes down on it and if you have an intolerance your arm is weak, if you don't your arm holds strong. It's wild! Then he clears you using different energies and does this weird thing with pressure points. I really don't know how that part works but it does. They can test babies through you, you just have to be touching the babe and it is their energy that is being tested. I don't know if I explained it very well. It is called Kinesiology if you want more info about it.

Single mom to twin boys ('06)
#439 of 464 Old 06-01-2007, 01:19 AM

Quote:
oh i feel ya. i managed to get 15 minutes alone yesterday and did some yoga, and then j got fussy and i did squats and chest presses and push ups with him. i felt so much better, and slept better last night.

there's a new yoga place that opened around the corner from my house, and they do hot yoga. i sooooo wanna try it. hopefully by fall we'll be able to afford classes for me,
i haven't been able to stay up with my practice and can totally feel it. : i'm hoping to get back into the swing of things this week. it's hard to try and concentrate on poses when you have a monster climbing all over you! i am also hoping to get into my local studio after summer. yoga has been so amazing for me thus far. i love it.
#440 of 464 Old 06-01-2007, 01:20 AM

and for everyone.
#441 of 464 Old 06-01-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinalicious View Post
Muscle testing is really hard to explain in writing. Basically, it is to ask your body if it *grooves* with something energetically. So if you are testing for a dairy allergy the doc would have you hold on to this metal rod then he would put his end of the same rod onto a vile that is filled with energetically charged water from milk. (I know it sounds crazy, he explained it to me and it was very scientific, I understood about 1/4 of what he said) Then you stick out your arm and he pushes down on it and if you have an intolerance your arm is weak, if you don't your arm holds strong. It's wild! Then he clears you using different energies and does this weird thing with pressure points. I really don't know how that part works but it does. They can test babies through you, you just have to be touching the babe and it is their energy that is being tested. I don't know if I explained it very well. It is called Kinesiology if you want more info about it.
that.sounds.so.cool.

Quote:
Over on the Fitness & Weight Management forum, there is a group of women doing the Runner's World "Couch-to-5K" program. A couple of them have joined the running thread now and are doing the most amazing things. Anyway, in case you want that extra boost of support, they'd love to have you. I was intimidated to join the Running Tribe at first, but they are AMAZING. I don't think I would be doing what I'm doing now if not for them.

So, that wasn't exactly about babies, but I think it's critical for us mamas to have all types of health. So, indirectly, it will benefit your babies :-)
i know this wasn't directed at me, but i think i might need to check it out

#442 of 464 Old 06-01-2007, 09:49 AM

Quote:

Not just the Little Tykes type slide. The big one at the playground, with no one holding onto him. (Although you better believe there was a lot of close hovering.)

:

Qualia didn't start walking until 14 months, so this is new territory for me. Is it normal to be so, er, adventuresome and agile before even really being able to walk? I mean, dude! That seems pretty wild to me. I have a feeling I'm going to have to keep a really close eye on this one. Between his love of the toilet paper roll (spinny!), trying to climb in the tub constantly (thankfully empty), and now successfully climbing anything in reach. . . . I'm so screwed.
Elijah is quite the same way. He's been climbing up on boxes, trying to climb over the tub (which he's done when it was FULL, um ya, that was scary), up the couch, anything. He's crazy. Much different from his sister. And like your dd she wasn't walking yet. (I think it was around 13m) The only stairs in our house are the ones for the basement and we watch the door like a hawk to make sure it's closed at all times. It's something I always think about because the floor is like cement down there and I could see him just trying to climb right down.

OH and BTW - Happy JUNE Mamas!! It's Birthday Month!! :
#443 of 464 Old 06-01-2007, 10:00 AM

Thanks for the love, ladies. I'm back to normal now, or at least as normal as possible for me. How miserable, though. Ugh.

Yeah, we have a crazy girl here, too. Climbs anything she can get a foot up on, and tries to climb other stuff too. I love her gumption but she's going to give me a cardiac one of these days. She's doing up to 5 steps unassisted now, but not consistently, so I'm calling her an "almost walker".

I'm going to start from scratch keeping up on the June thread, there's a lot going on here and I don't have time right now to respond to everything. to everyone!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#444 of 464 Old 06-01-2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:

YAY! Thank you for mentioning this. I just joined them. I saw you over there SSSarah!!!!
#445 of 464 Old 06-01-2007, 10:42 AM

Thanks for the muscle testing explanation. For some reason I thought it meant taking a sample of muscle and analyzing it, and I thought "ouch!"

I have a plugged duct for the second time this week! Ding dang baby needs to step up. Or is it my fault for wearing a real people bra yesterday? I also didn't nurse for about 5 hours while I was at a meeting. The first one cleared up easily enough, hope this one figures it out.

Are you folks planning anything for father's day? I just realized I should think about this. And maybe get baby a birthday present or something. Hmm. It's all the same weekend for us.
#446 of 464 Old 06-01-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
YAY! Thank you for mentioning this. I just joined them. I saw you over there SSSarah!!!!
yep! my bro works at radio shack, so i just e-mailed him to see if he'll get me an iPod and let me pay him back when i can. it would help a lot to be able to download the podcasts for the exercises, kwim?

Quote:
Thanks for the muscle testing explanation. For some reason I thought it meant taking a sample of muscle and analyzing it, and I thought "ouch!"

I have a plugged duct for the second time this week! Ding dang baby needs to step up. Or is it my fault for wearing a real people bra yesterday? I also didn't nurse for about 5 hours while I was at a meeting. The first one cleared up easily enough, hope this one figures it out.

Are you folks planning anything for father's day? I just realized I should think about this. And maybe get baby a birthday present or something. Hmm. It's all the same weekend for us.
no clue what we're doing for father's day. the girls will likely make something for daddy.

#447 of 464 Old 06-01-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:

oh no! Father's day! um... maybe I'll do like Dh and tell him to pick himself up a card while he's out.
#448 of 464 Old 06-01-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
oh no! Father's day! um... maybe I'll do like Dh and tell him to pick himself up a card while he's out.
fireant, are you torturing you poor dh again?!
#449 of 464 Old 06-01-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco_mama View Post
fireant, are you torturing you poor dh again?!
I'm working on it. It's all psycholigical...like monkey torture (anyone? ......The State!)
#450 of 464 Old 06-01-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I'm working on it. It's all psycholigical...like monkey torture (anyone? ......The State!)
aaaaaahhhhhhhh....I had to go watch it! Boy, I sure miss Bongo since he died! Love the state.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page