Baby sleeping more than usual - fussy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-04-2007, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds, 7 mo, is not himself. He had a temp night before last, but is fine now with no other obvious symptoms of illness. He is aggitated, fussy, won't smile, wants to be held, won't play, doesn't eat much and is sleeping so much - like only up for 30 minutes, then wanting to go back down to sleep. Something is definitely wrong. I took him to the dr, they couldn't find anyhting. He is acting so strange. Not a happy baby. Oh...and he acts like he wants to nurse, then when I position him, he cries and cries and finally latches on and goes to sleep. Any advice anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2007, 11:34 AM

Sounds like he's having a rough time. If it were my DD, I'd just do whatever she wanted. We've had a few days kind of like that not too long ago and she's passed through them.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

So you think I should just wait it out. He is SO sleepy. He has only been up an hour and it is already almost 11:00 a.m. He just wants to sleep. I am worried. He slept all night with me, woke up an hour later than normal and went back down after only an hour, now he is still asleep 2 hours later, Very unusual. I put laundry away in his room, which usually he stirs if I even walk in there - and nothing, I wasn't quiet either. Why is he so tired?
Old 05-04-2007, 02:45 PM

teething? growth spurt?

a few months ago, my dd was acting so not herself & it was driving me crazy & it finally occured to me she might be teething (well, starting to) again and some hylands gel made all the difference in the world.

like was said, I'd give into whatever he seems to need.

User Tag List