clothes for chubby babies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-05-2007, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am finding more and more clothes to be tight on my well fed beauty. And if they're not tight they're probably too long. Notable exception are Hanna Andersson wiggle pants. Even the HA fitted leggings are a little tight for her. She needs gymboree 18-24 months width wise.....and then the rise fits just about now so who knows what will be in winter. She'll need size 2t or something and the loose cut layette clothes aren't available in that size.

Forget about "real" pants, NONE fit.

Anyone else's baby like this? Which clothes do you buy?

Naartjie fits great around her waist but unless it's on a sale I think it's overpriced for the quality, the clothes show wash wear VERY quickly.

She can't walk ( or crawl ) either so dresses are out for now.

I sort of think that this will be a problem only until next year, I've often heard of babies topping 30 pounds at a year and then staying there until 3 or so
#2 of 6 Old 05-05-2007, 02:32 PM

Our DS is chubby too and wears cloth diapers, so it's wiggle pants or nothing for him! No "regular" pants will fit. Sorry I can't make any alternative suggestions

Another mama at the playground asked me one day, "Why does your son always wear pajamas?" I just laughed.

He's 20 months by the way, and I expect he'll be wearing wiggle pants until he's quite a bit older. Size 90 fits well (he can still squeeze into an 80 too, they're forgiving)
#3 of 6 Old 05-05-2007, 03:12 PM

My fave for my 24 pound, 10 month old, cloth diaper butted baby is the American Apparel pants with a separate shirt. He is in their 12-18 month pants and 6-12 month tops now and getting ready for the next size up. I like them because they are nice and wide but not too long, a combo I have yet to find in any other pants! The fleece pant is nice as is the karate pant (and they don't look like pjs! ) And they have a good color selection.

http://store.americanapparel.net/babies-pants.html

Erin sharing life with a burly husband and two rad boys 7/06 & 5/09 : : Zone 9-ish
#4 of 6 Old 05-05-2007, 04:22 PM

Gymboree or The Children's Place sweatpants work/ed well for my middle guy who is huge. Anything with a zipper, even a few sizes too long, will NOT zip all the way or snap at the top, it's so frustrating!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#5 of 6 Old 05-05-2007, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamagotchi View Post
Our DS is chubby too and wears cloth diapers, so it's wiggle pants or nothing for him! No "regular" pants will fit. Sorry I can't make any alternative suggestions

Another mama at the playground asked me one day, "Why does your son always wear pajamas?" I just laughed.

He's 20 months by the way, and I expect he'll be wearing wiggle pants until he's quite a bit older. Size 90 fits well (he can still squeeze into an 80 too, they're forgiving)
We cloth diaper,too....but they're quite trim I think ( bumgenius pockets)

lol@ pajamas
#6 of 6 Old 05-05-2007, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinz View Post
My fave for my 24 pound, 10 month old, cloth diaper butted baby is the American Apparel pants with a separate shirt. He is in their 12-18 month pants and 6-12 month tops now and getting ready for the next size up. I like them because they are nice and wide but not too long, a combo I have yet to find in any other pants! The fleece pant is nice as is the karate pant (and they don't look like pjs! ) And they have a good color selection.

http://store.americanapparel.net/babies-pants.html
Thanks, they look really nice!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page