Worried about bonding / attachment... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-09-2007, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd is 3 1/2 mos old and I've been back to work for about 2 months now. I have just really started to worry about our relationship, no particular reason, just a feeling. I work full-time, take her to daycare just before work, feed her at lunch, and pick her up right away after work. I try to spend as much time playing with her as I can in the evening, but I also have to try to clean, make dinner, get things ready for the next day, etc.
I just feel like I'm losing that connection I had with her. She is EBF, gets EBM at daycare, we can't co-sleep (my fault, I'm dangerous in my sleep ), she's never alone, has never CIO, etc.
Right now not working isn't an option, I'm trying to get set up to work 1-2 days from home. Regardless of whether that works out, I have to wait another 1.75 years (counting the days!) before I can be a SAHM. That'll be too late if we really are losing touch already.
So, I guess I'm just looking for any suggestions to help us stay tuned in to eachother? I think I'll also post this in the WOHM forum...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2007, 10:32 PM

Hi there,

I think it's normal to worry. I worried about attachment to my DD as well around that time, and we were together all day & all night (my worries were due to my mental well-being though).

I don't have a ton of advice to offer, mainly a big . But I was wondering if you use a sling while cleaning & prepping for the next day? Do you keep her close by & engage her (as best you both can) while you cook? That kind of multi-tasking is what comes to mind for me. Also, do you have anyone who could help with the chores while you bond with baby?
Old 05-09-2007, 11:39 PM

i second babywearing her as much as you can. i work full time (in and out of the home). we sometimes take the bus to work and so that's more time to spend with DD.

User Tag List