Do AP babies have 'loveys'? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 05-11-2007, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds turned 1 a couple weeks ago and just this week started waking up with one particular little lamb in his hand. now he wants that before snuggling up for a cuddle before rocking to sleep. Of all the little animals in his bed, he picks up that lamb. i never pushed it, he chose to do that. I think its adorable. :
#32 of 38 Old 05-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Banned

Both my babies have blankies. I don't think it's really relevant to how they're raised. Some kids have them, some don't
#33 of 38 Old 05-11-2007, 10:26 AM

My DS2 twiddles my hair, while nursing to sleep. No other loveys...yet. DS1 never attached to anything inanimate. Both are AP'd.
#34 of 38 Old 05-11-2007, 10:32 AM

I think I'm Evan's lovey...lol Which is a-okay by me. He wraps himself around my arm at night like a koala bear, and if I have to get up to go potty or anything, then eh scoots over and attaches himself to Daddy. We're cool with it, he just hasn't shown any real interest or attachment to any of his toys or blankets. Well he has his sleepy blankie that he goes to bed with, but if it's not there he doesn't "NEED" it per se.

Working at home, tattoo'd, metalhead momma - homeschooling Evan (1.22.'06) and Abigail (8.2.'08) fencing.gif , and happy partner to Kyle jammin.gif . 
#35 of 38 Old 05-11-2007, 10:36 AM

Ds loves his snoedel still. She has a friend now because he loved holes in her. He calls them "Snoedel I" and "Snoedel II".

Dd....I am her lovey. She constantly is touching, squeezing, patting me...it does get a little exhausting sometimes. I understand she is much more in need of physical skin to skin contact than ds so I try my best.
#36 of 38 Old 05-11-2007, 10:38 AM

Ruthla - interesting idea. I have to say that Henry is more attached to lovey-type items than he was as a baby. The kid never wanted anything but me and the boobs. I tried everything, thinking that he would feel more secure if he had a lovey at night (he crib slept, due to some illness issues and also because he sleep much better in his crib than in our room). However, no matter what I did (wore the lovey in my shirt all day so it smelled like me, held it close to his face when he was nursing, played with him with it all the time), he completely and utterly ignored it. I finally wised up and quit trying

Ben, OTOH, is already a big lovey-dovey man. He loves his little stuffies and his blankies and has since he was about 3 months old. Interestingly enough, I'm even more AP with Ben since I'm more educated (and less afraid of rolling over on a baby in the night!). We cosleep, I nurse him to sleep (I didn't do that much with Henry, I would rock him instead) and I sling him (I didn't know about slings with Henry, and when I tried a ring sling with him at 6 months, I thought his crying meant he hated it).

So, IME, my more APed baby likes loveys more than my less AP-ed baby. However, now that Henry is a more AP-ed preschooler, he will sleep with a teddy bear, but he certainly doesn't have any kind of attachment to any kind of lovey.

Mama to H (6) B (3) : A (1)
#37 of 38 Old 05-11-2007, 11:10 AM

I think some kids just don't have one, my son didn't really have one either although I remember a stage where he wanted a prefold to chew on at bedtime

Homeschooling SAHM to 3 children under 5 + one on the way.
#38 of 38 Old 05-11-2007, 04:56 PM

My 2 daughter's both have lovies. My son does not. My oldest daughter is totally attached to the nightgown that I was wearing when she was born. It's silk and whenever I would be wearing that nightgown and holding her she would just rub her face in it and purr. So, I cut the arms off, took the buttons off and basically made it into one giant piece of silk cloth. She's 39 months old now and shows no signs of letting go of "Ummies." My younger daughter loves her Cabbage Patch baby...but it's the tag on the baby. I've tried to introduce her to other tags, b/c her baby is so worn out now and trying to get it away from her to wash it is a nightmare, but nope...it has to be that baby, that tag.

Jenny : Mama to Irish Triplets: Haley Ella : Ronin

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page