What toys do one year olds love to play with? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-11-2007, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Harvest will be one in July and I am trying to think of a nice toy to buy him for his birthday. Any ideas?

Living the Joyful life as a mama of three beautiful children who are just right the way they are.

I blog at www.saboss.blogspot.com chicken3.gif

#2 of 7 Old 05-11-2007, 08:43 AM

We just got Quinn who tunred one APril 22 the Melissa and Doug Alligator Clacker Walker......he LOVES IT! We got it on eBay at a toy store for $25 shipped I think....let me see if I can find a link.....if we could have afforded more I still would have gotten that and maybe a new book or 2.....

http://www.shop.com/op/~Chomp_and_Cl...455?sourceid=3
#3 of 7 Old 05-11-2007, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

That is really cute! I can see how he woudl love to walk around pushing it.

Living the Joyful life as a mama of three beautiful children who are just right the way they are.

I blog at www.saboss.blogspot.com chicken3.gif

#4 of 7 Old 05-11-2007, 08:49 AM

DS turned one 2 weeks ago and we got some great toys! He is really loving the bead maze (like in Dr.'s offices...metal "tracks" and wood beads that travel up/down and aroud), some wooden blocks (he does lots of in/out play with the box they came in...and experiments with shoving them under couch cushions, etc..), board books- he looks at his farm animal book ALL OF THE TIME along with a book that has many pictures of babies! My mom got him a cloth-stuffed globe that he's using to practice throwing and catching.....hmm I know there's more, I'll be back later!

Off topic:
Vermont Girl- I did your spotlight a week and a half ago, not sure if you saw it...I'll find for you if you want me to. PM me

"Hey, mama!" to the fried dough lovin', monkey-boy.joy.gifI'm back and ready to chat!

#5 of 7 Old 05-11-2007, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
DD didn't use her walker as much as I'd thought she might as it went too fast for her. Now at 2 1/2 she loves it, it becomes a dolls pram, shopping trolley and various other things. Definatly a toy worth having.

She's also enjoyed a wooden push along on a stick, shape sorter and wooden puzzles.

Her grandparents got her a lovely set of wooden blocks for her first birthday. It's taken her a while to get into them but they get lots of use now too.
#6 of 7 Old 05-11-2007, 09:40 AM

dd just turned one and I got her a baby doll. She's obsessed with babies so she likes it. I also got her some books with photographs of animals and some magnets for the fridge for her to play with. She loves the magnets.
#7 of 7 Old 05-11-2007, 11:10 AM

My son loved pushing around anything on wheels.... trains, cars, corn popper toy.... okay he still loves that.

We also always give at least one book for every birthday and Christmas

Homeschooling SAHM to 3 children under 5 + one on the way.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page