Could my 11 month old have acid reflux? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-17-2003, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi
my lact consultant suggested that my son might have acid reflux. here are his symptoms:
1) eats very little breastmilk. (2-3 times a day, for 5 minutes)
2) refuses all solids except bread and beans. cries when i try to feed him fruits or vegetables.
3) wakes up alot at night. from 8-midnite, he sleeps in his crib--during this time he wakes up 4x. From midnight to morning he sleeps with us, and wakes up 1-2 x. Clearly he prefers being in bed with us, but still, he's waking alot.
4) when he was younger, he vomited alot,and would only sleep in his car seat propped up.
5) poor weight gain./ He hasn't gained anything in a month. in fact he may have lost some weight.

otherwise he is a cheery guy.

what do you all think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2003, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
YES!

I know several babies who have acid reflux. My nephew had this when he was born and it was hell on him until they figured it out at 11 weeks! It helped for him to sit upright after eating to prevent the acid from coming up.

I would consider seeing your doctor for some suggestions. Some babies I know are on baby zantac, but if you don't want to offer meds, there may be others things you can do to help him.

User Tag List