Funny baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-17-2003, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DS can really crack me up sometimes. I always enjoyed these "funny baby" threads, so I thought I'd start one, since DS has been quite the comedian lately.

DH and I were playing catch with a really squishy ball that giggles when you throw it. Well, DH accidentally hit me on the head with it and DS just fell out laughing. We did it over and over and he would literally fall down laughing. It was so addictive, the sound of his laugh.

Then last night, MIL watched DS during the 2 hours that one of DS' parent's aren't home (DH works nights and I work days) and obviously didn't lay down with him for his afternoon nap. He was so tired but refused to lay down with me. Anyway, he was sitting in the middle of the room watching me rinse off the dishes. He'd clap and smile and then he'd sort of cry. Just when I was about to drop the plate adn get him, he starts clapping again with a smile, and then crying again. It was hilarious!
TWO hours later I was able to get him to lay down to sleep!

Anyone else have a funny baby story?
#2 of 6 Old 06-17-2003, 06:17 PM

Dd loves to play with mouths--teeth, lips, tongues. (Maybe a future dentist?) So earlier today she was poking around in my mouth trying to grab my tongue but I was moving it around to play with her. She just started giggling when she couldn't grab it. That giggle is the best thing in the whole world! It cheers me up when I'm in the worst mood.
#3 of 6 Old 06-17-2003, 06:39 PM

Well, this is kind of gross, but we both found humor in it. DS is two weks old today, and to celebrate, during a diaper change, he launched a projectile bf poopie all over me and across the room. I'm finding that I really have a sense of humor about these things. After I had cleaned that, as I held his little legs and bent down to grab another FuzziBunz, he started peeing a flood-- in my hair and down my face. I let out a little shriek, and as I stood over him laughing and mopping my head up, he did it-- HE SMILED RIGHT AT ME. He's been doing practice grins for a few days now, but this seemed totally joyous and deliberate. Two weeks old and already he's into potty humor.

It was amazing-- oh that smile! That, and I'm on the steep learning curve-- have diaper set out and ready BEFORE the change. Ah, the joys of first-time motherhood!
#4 of 6 Old 06-18-2003, 12:22 AM

IslandMamma - You have to look out for those baby boys, huh? Or else you end up looking like this only without the smile. :LOL Cole managed to pee up his dad's sleeve the other day! :LOL That was pretty funny, from my point of view.

Last night, Cole started playing this game - DH was holding him, and he'd lean over in DH's arms and reach out for me, then when I got close to him he'd pull his arms back and bury his face in DH's chest and kick madly while giggling like a fiend. What a tease!
#5 of 6 Old 06-18-2003, 12:30 AM

I wonder if this thread is quickly disintegrating into a potty humor thread! :LOL

We are using diapers *and* practicing EC. The other night, I was just too tired to take then 3 week old DS to the potty, but during the diaper change, we did wake up DH. So, DH gets up to go the bathroom. When DS hears daddy making his cue sound "sssssss" he pee pees staight up in the air, right at mama! I cracked up!

Pee was everywhere, and DH didn't think it was as funny as I did. I am totally cracking up over your story IslandMama -- sometimes DS' poops are so startling that I literally jump!

Jean

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#6 of 6 Old 06-18-2003, 01:40 AM

My DD was sooo tired today but wouldn't let herself sleep. DH was carrying her around (he's great at getting her to sleep) and she was just going "Ah ah ah ah ah" same tone & pitch, just very soft. Pathetic and funny.

I have a wooden ring toy for her that has a couple of wooden beads fastened to it. She was lying on the floor playing with it and I looked away for a second. When I looked back, she had it hanging out of her mouth from one of the beads. Same toy later: looked away, looked back & she had the ring resting on her face around her nose. I laughed so hard it startled her & she looked like she might cry. Whoops!

She does lots of other things that make me laugh, but this is today's list - it's fresh in my mind.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page