Birth Control??? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 06-25-2003, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well! this thread is pretty active, and at first I thought it was gonna not get any replies! I guess since *yall* (see my sig) are having your lives with babes, you wanna space them out, so its of interest to yall!:LOL Its been very interesting!

So....cap vs. diaphragm (oooh! I orignally had diagram! :LOL)

what's the diaphragm made of and both the cap and diaphragm need a spermicide?

Maybe I'll check out my local library for hygenia...

thanks, mamas!
#32 of 35 Old 06-25-2003, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Why spermaside is bad.

It doesn't alwatys kill the sperm. sometimes it just mames them. These less than healthy sperm can still cause a pregnancy but they haven't got everything they need which could cause miscarraige or a genetic flaw in the baby (which could be disabeling or life threatening.) I mean really. If there is a chance that tsome really persistant sperm is going to get to the egg then we want him to be prefect and whole.

I don't want to put anything in my body that kills something else. Antibiotics sometimes but that is it.

also some people have awful allergic reactions to spermacide. that will really kill the mood.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#33 of 35 Old 06-25-2003, 01:49 PM

! omg!!!! wanna weigh in with your choice, lilyka!
#34 of 35 Old 06-25-2003, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by veganmamma
The IUD is a terrible form of BC IMO. IT doesn't prevent conception, but implantation. Many women are surprised to learn their heavy periods after getting the IUD "installed" are essentially m/cs every month.
FYI There are several types of IUD. I believe the type of IUD you are refering to is the copper IUD. The mirena functions by releasing pergesterone (sp?). For me it works similiarly to depo but with out any of the side effects.

Quote:
Forgive me for saying so. I mean no direct critisism, but I am a little stunned that ladies would be taking chemicals for BC while BFing.

In view of the fact that chemials are passed to the infant through BM, would not a non-chem option be wiser?
My choice to use this "chem" method was an educated choice based on what I felt would best meet my family's needs. This method was fully supported by my nurse-midwife who is also a lactation consultant.

I'm probably going to get this thread moved to obscurity by saying so, but frankly I find both of these comments a bit judgemental. We were asked to share our BC methods not give our opinions regarding BC methods used by others.
#35 of 35 Old 06-25-2003, 08:31 PM

I'm not judging IUD users, I just think it's another form of birth control that was created by a man for women without regard for their health. Just like the Pill, while I believe it's ultimately a bad choice, it should be available. Women should be free to choose their own BC based on their needs and the more types the merrier. I'm not judging you, I just feel like IUD and progesterone IUD are not good choices for women because hormonal BC affects your system permanently and IUD's can cause frequent m/c. That's why I advocate charting and barrier methods with abstention during fertile times. It's worth it to me to abstain sometimes so that we don't ahve another baby and I can have my own hormones and an empty uterus. Just my choice, i'm glad you made yours an educated one.
Lauren

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page