Ok, this is a WEIRD post but I have to ask all of you...... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-18-2003, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
when you were pregnant, did you ever have dreams about your OB? My girlfriend and I were talking yesterday and she just had her baby. She told me she used to have erotic dreams about her OB! She says he is not the least bit atttractive to her and she is very HAPPILY married but almost every night in her last trimester she had these gross dreams. I've had a few dreams myself, but not erotic ones....we're thinking it's because you spend so much time with your OB and you trust them so much, that your subconscious interpretes it that way. Have you ever had dreams about your OB?
#2 of 6 Old 06-18-2003, 10:49 AM
Banned

Oh baby.........my OB was yummy, yummy, yummy, and my hormones were running amuck, not to mention I'd been through a pretty terrible crisis and had no partner to speak of.

I didn't dream about him when I was asleep but I did have plenty old fashioned day dreams. ag
#3 of 6 Old 06-18-2003, 11:17 AM

Well, no...all my OBs (it was a group practice) were women and I'm not inclined that way. Even if I were, or it was a hot male OB, my drive was very lacking at that time.
#4 of 6 Old 06-18-2003, 01:03 PM

Seems I read somewhere that it is common to have dreams like that. Something about bonding with your caregiver... My OB was a woman, but I wouldn't worry about it. You cannot control your dreams. Just enjoy I guess!
#5 of 6 Old 06-18-2003, 04:24 PM

I never got that close with my OB because I always saw my midwife. I am sure I had dreams about her (though not erotic) I was totally dependent on our visits, they were like therapy for me. She was just so nuturing and loving...I remember after I had the baby I went into shock that I wasn't going to see her regularly anymore. Is that crazy or what???

"We shape the clay into a pot but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want" Lao Tzu
#6 of 6 Old 06-18-2003, 06:51 PM

My caregivers have always been midwives. However, I did have a boyfriend who eventually became an OB. He is still just as cute as ever. I bet he has some patients who dream about him.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page