kinda made me sad - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-18-2003, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that its really healthy for my dd to be free to love other people and I know that she does love her mama BUT when I picked her up from her grammas (my MIL) the other day she was happy to see me for about 2 minutes and then wanted back into gramma's arms.
It made me sad. Its especially hard that it was MIL because I always feel kindof a weird undercurrent from her anyway about dd. She's very possesive.

The thing here is that rationally I know that what happened is very normal and not to sweat it, but it sure tugs at my heart strings and shows me that the evil jealousy monster is alive and well no matter how mature and "evolved" I think I am.
I don't ever want to make dd feel bad for loving someone else, I'm at least a bigger person than that, even though sometimes I don't feel like it.

Anyone else go through this? I guess this must be what my dh feels like when dd wants no one but me whenever she wakes up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2003, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD is too small to want to go to one person or another. (She is only 6 weeks old.)

However, I get possessive about DD around MIL. A very bad part of me doesn't want her to get too emotionally close. I am going to let them get close, but that naughty part of me is upset about it. Couldn't even begin to tell you why, because I want my daughter to have as many people loving her as possible. It is just jealousy. I'm not this way with my family at all. Luckily, although I have these rotten feelings, I am mature enough to act rationally.

So you are not the only one out there who sometimes feels this way. I guess it can just be a part of being a parent. We love our children so fiercely that we resent anything that "theatens" it. (Even though this isn't a threat at all.)

Oh, well. It's one of those things we just have to deal with.

User Tag List