Mothering Forum banner

10m old - questions about nursing to sleep/cavities and brushing teeth questions

587 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ophelia 
#1 ·
My kid falls asleep a lot with the boob in his mouth. I don't always pop him off but I try to. I saw a post here yesterday of someone's DC needing dental work from the milk pooling, and my nephew also had to have that done. So now I'm starting to worry about it especially since sometimes if I pop him off he wakes back up again. Should I just pop him off anyways (like suggested in No cry sleep solution)? Sometimes when I pop him off now some milk that pooled leaks out so I know it's sitting in his mouth.

And I have a special toddler toothbrush from the dentist (it has a round handle). The first couple times I tried he let me stick it in his mouth and kind of brush, but now he is tight lipped when he sees it coming. How can I get him used to the toothbrush if I can't even get it in his mouth? I'm not trying to get his teeth completely brushed, just getting him used to it. How do I make it fun for him? I don't use toothpaste, just wet it with water. thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.