Any other May '07 mama's lurking here? - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#661 of 663 Old 07-01-2007, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone -- I took the liberty of starting a July thread for us. I hope nobody minds! This one was just getting a bit difficult to navigate.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?p=8523721
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#662 of 663 Old 07-01-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenj_az View Post
Hi there! I am new to MDC.

I have a May baby! Lyla Rose was born on the 14th.

We have been EBF for seven weeks. I am still pretty sore and cracked. She can latch great, but she is a fussy eater and gets frustrated when the milk comes to fast OR to slow! She will grunt and groan and move her head around. She always makes the latch more shallow and it seems like she gums my breast to control the milk flow. She kind of clamps down when she swallows. Occasionally she will come off the breast coughing during letdown. I don't know, we have been to an LC who said her latch was good and that was about it! I am not sure if I should be using nipple shields or what, but it sucks to still be so raw after 7 weeks!

Anyway, I am a first time mommy and I love having DD! It has been an exhausting, surprisingly difficult, and amazing experience so far. DH and I have known each other for 18 years, and have been married for almost two. I am a SAHM right now, and for as long as we can swing it financially.

I look forward to getting to know you and your little ones!
welcome jen & lyla rose! (what a beautiful name!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanB View Post
Hey everyone -- I took the liberty of starting a July thread for us. I hope nobody minds! This one was just getting a bit difficult to navigate.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?p=8523721

thanks for doing this. i'll meet y'all over at the other thread....

stephanie asl.gif

#663 of 663 Old 07-01-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzmama View Post
Congrats to all of you with sleepy babes! And those who've gotten out with DP ALONE. We are far from doing that - don't really have anyone close that I'd trust with my newborn.
We've gone out but always taken the newborn with us. When we went out for my birthday, I fed him right before we left and he just chilled in his carseat on the bench in the booth next to me at the restaurant (noisy Mexican - he probably could have wailed his head off and no one heard him). He watched the lights and eventually just conked out. Of course, the break for me was getting out of the house without the other 4. Compared to 5, taking out just one is bliss ;0)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page