Any other May '07 mama's lurking here? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 663 Old 06-01-2007, 01:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post
you just described my younger set to a T! sammy gets very angry when i tell him he cannot nurse every time he asks. i feel sad because my precious handful; sammy seems to be having a tough time. he doesnt act out towards the baby just everyone else. which at least the rest of us can defend ourselves
My 2.5 year old is pretty much acting this way. He will get upset if I tell him he can't nurse inthe middle of the day. I tell him only to go night night and he will tell me he's ready for a nap. Which isn't always true, he just wants to nurse. But his suck is different than the baby's and after about 5 minutes, it will get pretty uncomfortable. So I have to tell him 1 more minute. He will cry but he will get over it shortly. And he's been testing me like CRAZY. He listens to DH very well and he's at work all day so this doesn't help me any. He has also been wacking his 2 older brothers. For no reason. Just sit next to them for a minute or 2 and then smack them in the back. It's getting very OLD!

So my days are filled with doing errands, h-schooling, nursing, andd chasing my 2.5 year old around. Boy I'd love to make it to bed before midnight atleast 1 night!!!

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
#122 of 663 Old 06-01-2007, 12:30 PM

i am so frustated with my infant carrier situation! i have a maya sling that i've had since dd1 but could never quite master it with a newborn. so....i ordered a WAHM made pouch & made my own moby-style wrap. the pouch is too small ($40 wasted) and i just found my wrap....CUT IN HALF by dear dd1!!!?@#$! i loved that thing - so comfy & ezra enjoyed it, too. now i'm left to try & figure out the maya for a third time! thankfully i enjoy using the maya when the babes have some head control but the whole newborn thing is an enigma to me. i was able to carry ezra in it once with great success but since then he gets fussy & wiggly & doesn't seem comfortable. UGH!!!

stephanie asl.gif

#123 of 663 Old 06-01-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
Are other people crying - not like ppd or anything super serious - just crying and feeling drained and tired! I am. I feel kind of overwhelmed by 2.
i've only got 1 but i'm having a pretty hard time adjusting to the fact that for the forseeable future, my life is going to have to be 95% about this little one, and adjusting to the lack of sleep is even harder. i wouldn't say i've reached ppd by any means, but i do keep getting weary and weepy around dinner time... i also feel a bit guilty for dp having to pick up so much of the non-baby slack... i know i shouldn't, but he works sooo hard to support us... this all compounded by mom going home to the other side of the country on tues, and i wish she was still here... i just keep trying to tell myself that hopefully raven will love her mom as much as i do mine... hrmph.... well thanks for the little vent.
#124 of 663 Old 06-01-2007, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

crying - I was weepy for about 1 day at 3 wks pp

babywearing - I'm a total novice to the babywearing. I think I'm finally figuring out my pouch a bit (homemade flannel) ... but I'm still kinda unsure and he seems crammed with his neck not too comfy. I need to try to bolster him as well. I've loved the wrap the 2 times I've worn it. I just cram Nic in there (cradle) and he's fine. I even nursed in it (unplanned) and loosened it and got him horizontal and it finally worked. Oh it was funny and anxiety provoking, but a great confidence booster - NIPing and babywearing!

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

#125 of 663 Old 06-01-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyleigh33 View Post
i've only got 1 but i'm having a pretty hard time adjusting to the fact that for the forseeable future, my life is going to have to be 95% about this little one, and adjusting to the lack of sleep is even harder. i wouldn't say i've reached ppd by any means, but i do keep getting weary and weepy around dinner time... i also feel a bit guilty for dp having to pick up so much of the non-baby slack... i know i shouldn't, but he works sooo hard to support us... this all compounded by mom going home to the other side of the country on tues, and i wish she was still here... i just keep trying to tell myself that hopefully raven will love her mom as much as i do mine... hrmph.... well thanks for the little vent.
s I'm sure its tough with your mom gone please let your dp help you if he wants its one of the things that makes a man feel good, that's he's taking good care of his family and be gentle with yourself its a hard transition maybe you want to try going for short walks outside when the weather's nice I notice the mornings I walk my ds to preschool I feel a lot better the rest of the day (even when its a real pita to get out the door)
#126 of 663 Old 06-01-2007, 08:37 PM

I've been feeling a lot more emotional lately too. I'm not really a "crier" and even being pregnant I didn't get overly emotional. But the last 2 weeks I've cried almost every day. I get teary just when people tell me how cute my baby is! It's weird for me.

We didn't really get much help at home from our family. My SIL had her baby 5 days after us, and he was in NICU for a week and a half, so (understandably) they all went to spend time at the hospital with them instead of helping us at our home. My parents are a whole other story....

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#127 of 663 Old 06-01-2007, 09:36 PM

I think crying is a pretty normal postpartum symptom. I get teary when I see dd1 loving on dd2, it's so sweet and it really gets me going. I also get a bit teary when I feel like dh isn't helping me enough and I get a bit overwhelmed.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#128 of 663 Old 06-01-2007, 10:01 PM

I had a break down today Clay would not sleep and I am feeling more and more like dh is not helping (he feels like I need to tell him how to help and he actually was super helpful today following breakdown and talking).

I feel like a failure at times - like other people handle having 2 with grace - my mom had 4 and was alone! I am freaking out with one sleepy newborn and one super well behaver 5 year old homeschooler. It is hard not to internalize everything with the baby - he cries and I worry that I ate something that is making him feel icky or he won't sleep and I get a complex about what I did that made this so. You't think I had never done this before!

June is a sucky month around here because dh works fulltime (no time off to help) and I am teaching summer school online so I have to grade papers and such and write lectures 5 days a week. We have some help with our 5 year old, which is awesome, but it is still so hard. In july dh is only working about 1/3 as much and I can not wait! He has August almost entirely off (after being out of town for 10 days, ugg.)

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#129 of 663 Old 06-01-2007, 11:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
I had a break down today Clay would not sleep and I am feeling more and more like dh is not helping (he feels like I need to tell him how to help and he actually was super helpful today following breakdown and talking).

I feel like a failure at times - like other people handle having 2 with grace - my mom had 4 and was alone! I am freaking out with one sleepy newborn and one super well behaver 5 year old homeschooler. It is hard not to internalize everything with the baby - he cries and I worry that I ate something that is making him feel icky or he won't sleep and I get a complex about what I did that made this so. You't think I had never done this before!

June is a sucky month around here because dh works fulltime (no time off to help) and I am teaching summer school online so I have to grade papers and such and write lectures 5 days a week. We have some help with our 5 year old, which is awesome, but it is still so hard. In july dh is only working about 1/3 as much and I can not wait! He has August almost entirely off (after being out of town for 10 days, ugg.)
it sounds likeyour really tired and that is so normal. the jump to two babies is hard no matter how easy the older child is. its a learning curve for everyone and it will get better I promise

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#130 of 663 Old 06-02-2007, 01:14 PM

OMG...I slept last night!!!! I went to bed at 10:30, Kylie woke up a few times to nurse, but since we're co-sleeping and we nurse lying down, I was able to fall right back to sleep. And Katelynn didn't wake us up until almost 9am!!! Wow, what a feeling to wake up rested...though I know this is a very rare thing!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#131 of 663 Old 06-02-2007, 01:38 PM

nak

we had a restful night too! The first week or so, Gus would wake up for some of his night feedings and not want to go back to sleep, and would just sort of fuss and squirm around for an hour or more. But last night he dropped right back off to sleep after each feeding and I actually woke up feeling rested! Thank god for co-sleeping...
#132 of 663 Old 06-02-2007, 03:55 PM

I think we know why Clay was fussy the last couple of days! He has not been pooping (like once a day or skipping a day) and in the last 20 hours he has pooped about 15 times and now he is calm and mellow again! Poor guy!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#133 of 663 Old 06-02-2007, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We just got home from the hospital. We spent two days there. I am a little freaked still as we have no answers about Maggie. She still below her birth weight. Hopefully we have answers on Monday.

Heidi
#134 of 663 Old 06-02-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
We just got home from the hospital. We spent two days there. I am a little freaked still as we have no answers about Maggie. She still below her birth weight. Hopefully we have answers on Monday.
nevermind i read your other thread but just didnt put it together. i hope little miss and you get some relief

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#135 of 663 Old 06-02-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
I hope you get some answers soon! Maddie was tiny and her doctors were always worried about one thing or another. We finally just realized that she's tiny!
#136 of 663 Old 06-02-2007, 06:28 PM

Hi Mamas!
I can't believe that my little Ceci is already a mth old! I am shocked.

Things are going okay over here but I think I had been doing too much and not resting as I should be, I got Mastitis and an ear infection, I was so sick I am feeling better today but not pushing it at all, I am resting like I should be. It is hard to rest when you have 5 other kids plus a newborn, in all honesty its been a little stressful....

What time do your little ones go down for the night? I would like to get Ceci down earlier as she goes down about 10:00, I would like to get it to 8 but am not sure how to do that!

I am glad to see you are all doing well

Julie (34)
Mom to 3 boys + 3 girls = PERFECTION joy.gif
Collector of TOYS!
#137 of 663 Old 06-02-2007, 07:26 PM

Glad I am not the only one getting a bit more sleep these days
The last few nights we've been getting up to 5 hrs in a row in the first part of the night. After we are up to nurse (usually around 4am) Kayleigh seems to just doze and fuss, so this morning I put her in her crib : and went back to bed without her and slept for another 2.5 hrs. When the alarm went off DH asked in near-panic "where's the baby!" heehee.... serves you right for sleeping through the fussy baby squacking! (she sounds like a baby duck when she fusses)

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#138 of 663 Old 06-02-2007, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey0402 View Post
I hope you get some answers soon! Maddie was tiny and her doctors were always worried about one thing or another. We finally just realized that she's tiny!
I just wish it was because she is tiny but she keeps on loosing weight instead of gaining.

Heidi
#139 of 663 Old 06-02-2007, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin'Momto4 View Post
Hi Mamas!
I can't believe that my little Ceci is already a mth old! I am shocked.

Things are going okay over here but I think I had been doing too much and not resting as I should be, I got Mastitis and an ear infection, I was so sick I am feeling better today but not pushing it at all, I am resting like I should be. It is hard to rest when you have 5 other kids plus a newborn, in all honesty its been a little stressful....

What time do your little ones go down for the night? I would like to get Ceci down earlier as she goes down about 10:00, I would like to get it to 8 but am not sure how to do that!

I am glad to see you are all doing well
I hope you feel better.

We get Maggie down about 10 pm. She usually sleeps until 4 to 5 am.

Heidi
#140 of 663 Old 06-03-2007, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin'Momto4 View Post
Nicholas is 4.5 wks and has sometimes been going down as early as 8:30, other times more like 9:30 or 10. Not sure what we can do at this point, I'm just trying to roll with it. He usually wakes around 1 or 1:30 for the first feeding.

#141 of 663 Old 06-03-2007, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
After we are up to nurse (usually around 4am) Kayleigh seems to just doze and fuss, so this morning I put her in her crib : and went back to bed without her and slept for another 2.5 hrs. When the alarm went off DH asked in near-panic "where's the baby!" heehee.... serves you right for sleeping through the fussy baby squacking! (she sounds like a baby duck when she fusses)
Nicholas is a loud sleeper after the first feeding or two (1am, then 4ish?). We have him in an Amby bed and one morning I went to sleep in the guest room for those last couple hours. Of course dh sleeps through much of his grunting. I have been tempted to put him in another room, but haven't yet. Oh today we visited my mom and I nursed him this afternoon in her bed and tried to doze afterwards, but after an hour of his noises and only drifting a bit, I took him downstairs to my mom. It's sweet to cuddle with them, but dang, sometimes a mama just needs to good quiet sleep!

N also has some days when he doesn't poop. Sometimes he strains a lot, but mostly not. And then occasionally he'll have 3 big poops in a row and calm and contentment will rule the house.

#142 of 663 Old 06-03-2007, 02:48 AM

I FINALLY caught up on this thread and have a little bit of time to post.

(((((((((((((((((((Max))))))))))))))))))))) sweetie I'm so sorry you are struggling. I hope you are able to get into your grove very soon. I remember very well going from 1 to 2 was hard and mine were a mth away from being 9 yrs apart! I know its hard just be gentle w/ yourself and give yourself some time and so patience. Don't beat yourself up about the small things.

Things here are going well. Elise is nursing like a champ, she does get mad when the milk goes to a "slow" flow instead of the fast flow but she is getting used to it. She also HATES the carseat and screams when we have to go somewhere. She also doesn't like to be put down for long which is ok.

My boobs are huge now too! LOL They were a double D before she was born now I'm at an E but I'm falling out of those and they are tight so I need to get some more bras and I'm scared of what size they will be!! LOL

Gotta run being paged....
#143 of 663 Old 06-03-2007, 12:20 PM

im trying to figure out how i survived 3 kids before nate without the boppy? i love this thing. he sleeps on my lap against my belly while i do m y school work.its great!

#144 of 663 Old 06-04-2007, 05:37 PM

Just bumping to keep this thread somewhat current!

How is everyone doing? I think all but a few of our May07 babies have arrived by now. I can't believe I'm not pregnant any more. I took a chance this morning and tried on my largest pair of pre-pregnancy jeans and they FIT!!! : I can't believe it.

The last few nights we've been back to the fussy baby routine. I am trying to decide if it's because we've been so busy and out and about and having a lot less cuddling/babywearing time or if it's because DH has been at work and DD likes to settle with dad in the evenings for a good cuddle before drifting off to sleep. I suspect it is a combination of both! Only two more nights and then DH is on days for 2 months and that should get us through the fussy baby stage. *phew*

#145 of 663 Old 06-04-2007, 06:43 PM

i can't believe i'm not pregnant anymore either! i feel so much better with ezra on the outside. i have energy, i'm more social & i'm actually sleeping better at night, believe that or not.

i'm definitely not in my pre-preggo clothes yet. well....i can wear some of my skirts & a few pair of draw string shorts & capris but my hips & tummy still have a ways to go. i'm trying not to focus on weight loss, though. it's hard with summer coming but i need to focus on my voluptuous "ba-ba's" (as we call them in my house) and less on my curvy bottom!

stephanie asl.gif

#146 of 663 Old 06-04-2007, 07:01 PM

Two months off? I'm jealous! My DH is working 9 hour days and we're moving soon... things are very busy.
Genevieve is one of the older babies from our DDC & she's doing really well. It's been a real transition working from one to two kids, but I think I'm starting to find my groove. It helps that she sleeps really well. Just hope that doesn't change!
We're doing things so differently this time around- Vivi is 4 weeks old and still hasn't seen a MD! We also don't have a birth certificate yet, need to get working on that. I feel almost guilty for being so unofficial- like we're hiding her away!

To my husband I am wife, to my kids I am mother, but for myself I am just me.
we're : with and : and
#147 of 663 Old 06-04-2007, 08:10 PM

Hi mamas

we are super busy around here just doing daily stuff man its quite the feat to go grocery shopping with 3 under 3 (don't tell me to wait till dh is home because by then I"m ready to sleep )

I think Callum has reflux like my third ds which kinda sucks, I'm noticing he is gulping a lot when he is laying down (like something is coming up in his throat but not quite out his mouth) and really he squawks if you put him down everytime so I spend most of the day carrying him upright, then he sleeps on my chest at night he'll sleep in the hammock beside my bed to but he needs to be in a deep sleep before I can put him down there.

My 4 year old is starting to become normal again since Callum was born he was sure acting up for a while and its nice to have his real personality back.

Tomorrow is our first in office visit with the midwife and I bet he'll weigh in somewhere around 8 and a half pounds (born at 6lbs 6oz) I kind of laugh sometimes because my first son was 8lbs 14 oz, so bigger than callum is at 1 months (omg I can't believe its been a month)

gotta go make dinner
#148 of 663 Old 06-04-2007, 09:11 PM

things are getting a tad bit smoother here as well. I dont want to hang my toddler out the window so much anymore. actually today we had a really nice day. i even managed to clean the kitchen and have supper ready for DH

I think I may need to get some sort of baby holding device other than the sling and bassinet. Just so I can put him there and shower, or better still pee and not worry my toddler is going to run away with him. any siggestions

#149 of 663 Old 06-04-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post
I think I may need to get some sort of baby holding device other than the sling and bassinet. Just so I can put him there and shower, or better still pee and not worry my toddler is going to run away with him. any siggestions
I was planning on not having any contraptions (a.k.a. Montessori from the start) but we have since buckled and got a baby bjorn bouncer seat. For the reasons you just stated, and to help me finish this thesis. I really like it, it is streamlined and simple, not packed with entertaining devices, plastic, or electronics.. and it grows with the kid so it'll get use for a long time. I recommend it.

Grace Comes.

#150 of 663 Old 06-04-2007, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post
I was planning on not having any contraptions (a.k.a. Montessori from the start) but we have since buckled and got a baby bjorn bouncer seat. For the reasons you just stated, and to help me finish this thesis. I really like it, it is streamlined and simple, not packed with entertaining devices, plastic, or electronics.. and it grows with the kid so it'll get use for a long time. I recommend it.
Same here, I am SO opposed to all those contraptions that you can waste your money on but we bought a simple bouncey seat so I can have somewhere to put DD down so I can shower, make dinner, etc. I took all the accessories off of it. We also have a swing but DD and I BOTH hate it and the damn music doesn't shut off for 30 min if you hit the button by accident!!! So she spends about 10 minutes a week in it.

Right now DD is sleeping in the wrap on my chest, leaves me with my hands free. She keeps crying out though... not sure why, she is still asleep. I think we're too hot.

On a completely different topic, I had a salmon burger with feta, tomato and avocado for dinner and it was D-licious!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page