Any other May '07 mama's lurking here? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been doing Pilates to rehab my body with a trainer at my chrio. Boy did I get weak during this pregnancy! Its making me feel a lot better, too.

Ihave to nurse using a sns & donor milk since I have insufficent glandular tissue. Even tsking Domperidone didn't increase my supply more than 1 oz in 24 hour period. :

It can be frustrating getting her latched, especialy since she likes to pop off all the time! She either gets the nipple or the tube - ergh!

I'm having some ppd issues with not lactating - considering prozac.

For those wanting to intro bottles - we were recommended the new Breast flow by the first years by our LC. We havent had any nipple confusion issues.
#182 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 02:40 PM

Hugs to you Mama's feeling Bluesy... I have been crying a lot but also laughing a lot. Obvious hormonal swinging going on. Take good care of your sweet selves!

I had this whole plan for doing some intense Shaolin get-my-ass-back-into shape pp training plan, but with healing the tear I had I have done nothing of the kind. Just going for walks and dancing a bit. Now that my yoni is healed up it feels safe to bring in some yoga and weight training, but I feel like I need to be way gentle on my body. I know breastfeeding uses up so many calories that it helps many women lose baby fat, but I just have never been to sedentary in my whole life! I am used to lots of activity, but now I spend most of my time sitting around nursing or writing (or chillin out on MDC ) ANd my appetite is thru the roof! AH What's a girl to do??

Grace Comes.

#183 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulalove View Post
anyone else pumping to give your little one bottles? again, don't flame me here, but neither of the girls ever took a bottle & i am determined that ezra will! it's really for sanity purposes on my part. having 3 children in 4 years is fabulous but i'm really going to need mama time. ez has taken a few ounces (quite reluctantly) but i'm hoping he'll come around. even just so i can go to the dentist or get my haircut!

speaking of haircut, i need one badly!! my husband has a co-worker whose wife works at a local salon & she's offered to come here & cut my hair next week. isn't that sweet? even though ezra took a few ounces of bm from a bottle, i'm not quite ready to leave him for an extended period of time yet. i would be a total stress ball! maybe when he's a couple months old (as opposed to only a couple weeks).
Okay I might not have a clue what I am takling about since I have not used bottles since my 15 year old was about 6 months old but maybe he would take the bottle better if someone else gave it too him. That is our game plan for Maggie. She has to have a swallow test and they want us to give her a bottle to mix the solution in. I am not going to give it to her, my husband will.

Heidi
#184 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquesce View Post
My only possible addition to this thread is: oh my god, where are you all finding the time to be here and write more than two lines at a time? I never quite believed how much time a newborn could take until now.
I have mastered almost typing one handed and Maggie nurses or sleeps while on my lap. Besides...she needs to learn to use the computer soon. Dh has already gotten Maggie talking on the phone.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...aggiephone.jpg

Heidi
#185 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanB View Post
Luckily, Stazi still naps and Gus seems to usually want a nice long nap right around the same time. (Woo-hoo!) Zeke doesn't nap anymore but he is very good about playing quietly somewhere on his own so that I can get some down time. I hope this pattern continues through the summer!
My mother instituted "quiet time" when we were too old for naps and I think it's a great idea. We were expected to go find something quiet to do in our rooms for an hour, wether it be nap, play quietly, read or listen to music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
(Never mind me in the pic, my DH loves this photo, but I am super self conscience about my bod now).
Don't be silly Lizzy you look great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFPookie View Post
Oh, my best accomplishment since he was born I think was taking all 5 kids to the grocery store yesterday, by myself.

I took DD by myself yesterday to Costco and thought THAT was an accomplishment! I can't imagine taking 5! I put her in the meitai and she slept until we got in line to pay and then she started to cry. Luckily she quit when it was our turn to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InPhoenix View Post
DS loves to splash and play so much that I wish I could bathe him more often than every 2-3 days, but his skin seems to get dry if I do that... Still, baths are a treat for him. He loves the water!
Does his skin get dry even if there's no soap? DD also loves the water and I often take her in the tub or bath before bed for the soothing warm water but only use soap once or twice a week on her head and bum.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#186 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 03:20 PM

Oh right, bottle feeding.. I knew I forgot a topic.
Yes, we're going to start working on that as well. I've been warned that waiting 6 weeks or longer can make it really difficult, but then you have to balance that with the possibility of nipple confusion :

#187 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 03:33 PM

lizzyq...i LOVE that pic of you & your little one in the bathtub! you look beautiful & he is so adorable.

ezra was super alert for his first bath. his eyes were wide open & he just looked around. we took a bath together & i filled it up all the way so he rested on my legs. i also spent quite a bit of time floating him with my hands behind his head & back & his little legs went limp. he was so entranced!

i was just thinking about some extra physical activity, too (even though i'm not a "worker-outer"....but i am a mover & a shaker). i'm still bleeding a bit, though, and i defintely notice an increase when i don't rest enough. plus, i still have that weird lower abdominal muscle achiness/soreness so i'm nervous about overdoing it. my belly is so flabby after this third babe, though. my abs really went to the wayside! i guess i should start with some nice brisk walks & go from there.

stephanie asl.gif

#188 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippimama View Post
That is IF the 2 year old naps. Mine has insisted on MANY days, since Saphira was born, that he doesn't NEED a nap. And will end up staying up all day and making for a really tiring day for me. He has taken to getting into anything and everything. He had basically gotten over that. :
oh man sammy tries to skip nap but i bribe him with the "nunnies" and hes out

Quote:
J
Oh, my best accomplishment since he was born I think was taking all 5 kids to the grocery store yesterday, by myself. They did really well, though I did end up with Sam in the carrier, Emily in the cart seat, 2 in the basket of the cart and only the oldest walking (was too close to naptime by the time I made it out of the house ). I got a lot of compliments from the old people who shop in the middle of the afternoon and only 1 "You've got your hands full." which is probably a lowest # record since #3 came along.
you RAWK!!!! i panic at the idea of leaving the house with both babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandacj08 View Post
I've been doing Pilates to rehab my body with a trainer at my chrio. Boy did I get weak during this pregnancy! Its making me feel a lot better, too.

Ihave to nurse using a sns & donor milk since I have insufficent glandular tissue. Even tsking Domperidone didn't increase my supply more than 1 oz in 24 hour period. :

It can be frustrating getting her latched, especialy since she likes to pop off all the time! She either gets the nipple or the tube - ergh!

I'm having some ppd issues with not lactating - considering prozac.

For those wanting to intro bottles - we were recommended the new Breast flow by the first years by our LC. We havent had any nipple confusion issues.
im sorry things didnt work for you breastfeeding. i know that mmust be frustrating and upsetting

Annemarie~ married to super hubbysuperhero.gif  ~catholic mom of 4 boys(fencing.gif.17+14)..(ribbonjigsaw.gif.splat.gif7).(.blahblah.gif.5)..(Emmaangel3.gif) Grace Clotilde. 4/10/11 someone new 2/2013

An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog

#189 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 04:31 PM

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/S6300114.jpg

I just love how relaxed she looks. We had gone for a hike and I was sitting with her and the sling in my lap.

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
#190 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippimama View Post
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/S6300114.jpg

I just love how relaxed she looks. We had gone for a hike and I was sitting with her and the sling in my lap.

what a sweet little thing! and look at that red hair!!! love it.

stephanie asl.gif

#191 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyTeesa View Post
1st bath ("sponge") didn't go over too well - I suppose he felt cold? Don't flame me for the contraption.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...102AZt2zRk4asR
Once he ws dry and warm - a death stare to mom.
I have that same tub. I used it for dd1, too. I love it. It was especially awesome when dd1 got a little bit bigger and I could put her in the tub on the floor of the shower while I took a shower at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post
boppy+ baby + boobie = computer time while 2 year old naps!
That's exactly what I'm doing right now!

Quote:
I also gave DS his first bath over the weekend. DH bought a bath sponge for the baby, and we put him in the tub with me. He seamed to like it- which is good because it would be terrible for our ds to hate water! Here is a photo:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75...z/IMGP3783.jpg

(Never mind me in the pic, my DH loves this photo, but I am super self conscience about my bod now).
I think you look gorgeous. I know it's hard, but just remember what that bod just went through and remind yourself how amazing it is.

Quote:
Oh, my best accomplishment since he was born I think was taking all 5 kids to the grocery store yesterday, by myself.
OMG, you are supermama!!! I haven't even braved the store with two kiddos yet. I've been to the park and a few appointments, but not the store. I'm scared. But now you've inspired me...if you can do it with 5, I can certainly do it with 2!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#192 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 05:18 PM

I didnt have time to read much, but I wanted to join in and say, "Hi!"

Alivia Anna is sleeping four hour stretches at night. I'm pretty sure that getting enough sleep is the ultimate ppd cure/prevention.

Yesterday she pooped all over her auntie during a diaper change. I wish I had a photo of the look on my sister's face--it's going to be a while before my babies have cousins to play with.

I'm doing a corn-free diet for my own peace of mind since my son had such bad colic due to his corn allergy. In a couple weeks, I'll try something w/ corn and see how she does. : she doesn't have allergies.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...h/peaches3.jpg

MommyTeesa, I have the same baby tub and I absolutely love it, although the mesh thingy is a waste of time after their done w/ sponge baths. My favorite thing about it is that it fits horizontally across my bathtub so baby can bathe in the little tub while I soak in a bubble bath below.
#193 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin'Momto4 View Post
I have been using a bouncy seat since day 1, Ceci loves to sleep there when she falls asleep in the sling, I put her in the seat so I can do dishes, cook or take a shower or play with the other kids

I think I am getting Mastitis again as my right bb is sore this time, why do I keep getting this nasty thing? I am not sure how much more of this I can take...
I'm sorry your going through this

I've had reocuring mastitis with each of my kids I get it about every 4-6 weeks and it seems to come on for no reason everytime I get sick I want to quit nursing

I'm taking homeopathics to prevent it so we'll see I've had 3 plugged ducts but none of them have turned into mastitis so I have my fingers crossed
#194 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulalove View Post
ezra was super alert for his first bath. his eyes were wide open & he just looked around. we took a bath together & i filled it up all the way so he rested on my legs. i also spent quite a bit of time floating him with my hands behind his head & back & his little legs went limp. he was so entranced!
Try tapping on the tub like a heartbeat, DD was SO cute listening to it! Talk about entranced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkimo View Post
Yesterday she pooped all over her auntie during a diaper change. I wish I had a photo of the look on my sister's face--it's going to be a while before my babies have cousins to play with.
We had projectile poop one day, a poop that shot out with a baby fart and it went a good 18 inches! Amazing.

#195 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 07:45 PM

I'll try to catch up with this long thread soon... just subbing for now.

I am dealing with some post-surgery complications/health issues, so I haven't a lot of energy to post for now. Hope to be back soon...

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
#196 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post
we gave Nathaniel his very first real bath. his reaction
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...3/P6040010.jpg
was to sleep nutty boy. fell into a deep sleep barely even woke when we took him out!

how did everyone elses babes do with their first baths?
Cute! We gave Raven her first bath a couple days ago, but i kind of regret it because it loosened up some scabbing on her bellybutton and she bled like crazy for the next couple days. Of course it upset me 10x more than her.

Quote:
I had a plugged duct over the weekend. It was soooo very painful, but we were able to get past it with the help of a heating pad and my DS's super sucking abilities. I tried everything else, and nothing worked until I used the heating pad.
Yipes, a few health probs. over the weekend around here, huh? I had a plugged duct or the beginnings of mastitis or something over the weekend... really high fever, chills, sore breasts, etc. but treated it at home as well.

Does anyone have a baby that spits up, like, a LOT? My baby seems to always be spitting up, but she's gaining weight and having seemingly sufficient bowel movements so... midwife says it's nothing to worry about. Also, does anyone know what it means when a baby is bringing its knees up and sort of writhing like... is this tummy pain or gas or..? :
#197 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyleigh33 View Post
Does anyone have a baby that spits up, like, a LOT? My baby seems to always be spitting up, but she's gaining weight and having seemingly sufficient bowel movements so... midwife says it's nothing to worry about. Also, does anyone know what it means when a baby is bringing its knees up and sort of writhing like... is this tummy pain or gas or..? :
DS was/is and it's getting much better now that he's almost 5 weeks. He was back up to his birth weight at 9 days, that's all I know about his weight, although I know he's bigger. Just an immature GI tract/system and stomach muscles? I'd guess the writing is gas pain. DS has done some straining, which concerns me a bit. i am cutting out obvious dairy ...

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

#198 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran View Post

I am dealing with some post-surgery complications/health issues, so I haven't a lot of energy to post for now. Hope to be back soon...
feel better dear one

Annemarie~ married to super hubbysuperhero.gif  ~catholic mom of 4 boys(fencing.gif.17+14)..(ribbonjigsaw.gif.splat.gif7).(.blahblah.gif.5)..(Emmaangel3.gif) Grace Clotilde. 4/10/11 someone new 2/2013

#199 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyleigh33 View Post
We gave Raven her first bath

Does anyone have a baby that spits up, like, a LOT? My baby seems to always be spitting up, but she's gaining weight and having seemingly sufficient bowel movements so... midwife says it's nothing to worry about.
She is so cute!

It seams Sebastian spits up every time he eats. He is also gaining weight (at his 2 week appt he was 7 lbs 11 oz, one pound heavier than birth weight!) so I am not to worried. Just worried for my furniture..

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#200 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysmomofthree View Post
I've had reocuring mastitis with each of my kids I get it about every 4-6 weeks and it seems to come on for no reason everytime I get sick I want to quit nursing
About 3 or 4 issues ago Mothering magazine did a article on reoccuring mastitis. It was very informative.

Heidi
#201 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 10:25 PM

nak

re: mastitis... try taking a lecithin supplement. I did this when I had recurrent plugged ducts shortly after DS1 was born.

Also, check out kellymom's page on this topic for other ideas.

Oh, and thanks kittn :

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
#202 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran View Post

hope you feel better soon, mama!! sending lots of healing vibes your way!

#203 of 663 Old 06-05-2007, 11:54 PM

I'm sitting here NAK and laughing because Kylie just let out the most monsterous noise when she pooped and farted a moment ago!! How do these tiny little people make such loud noises when they poop??? It's absolutely amazing!

#204 of 663 Old 06-06-2007, 06:21 AM

subbing - but I'm off to bed.
#205 of 663 Old 06-06-2007, 08:17 AM

Thanks ladies for the healing vibes I am feeling a bit better today, I have been taking Belladonna to fight this crappy thing! It makes me really miserable and sad I am going to try that supplement if I get it again, it sucks!

Does any of your little ones have a witching hour? Cecis if from 7-9, she just cries for no reason that I can see, I feed her, change her, rock her, hold her, sling her and other things and she keeps crying until she falls asleep. Do any of your babes do that?

We are going camping this weekend so I am hoping I am 100% by then!

Julie (34)
Mom to 3 boys + 3 girls = PERFECTION joy.gif
Collector of TOYS!
#206 of 663 Old 06-06-2007, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks ladies for the healing vibes I am feeling a bit better today, I have been taking Belladonna to fight this crappy thing! It makes me really miserable and sad I am going to try that supplement if I get it again, it sucks!

Does any of your little ones have a witching hour? Cecis if from 7-9, she just cries for no reason that I can see, I feed her, change her, rock her, hold her, sling her and other things and she keeps crying until she falls asleep. Do any of your babes do that?

Glad you are feeling better!

Nic's been cranky more, not just in the evening - reaching that "6 week peak" of fussiness?

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

#207 of 663 Old 06-06-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice View Post
I'm sitting here NAK and laughing because Kylie just let out the most monsterous noise when she pooped and farted a moment ago!! How do these tiny little people make such loud noises when they poop??? It's absolutely amazing!
nate burps like a trucker! its hysterical. they are almost as loud as the older boys

Quote:

i do hope you feel better
nathaniel witching hour is 4:30-6pm every day.i sling him and suddenly all is right with the world

#208 of 663 Old 06-06-2007, 10:15 AM

yeah, ezra is fussy in the evenings. i remember the girls being like that, too. it's nurse-o-rama from 5pm - bedtime! last evening he had a HUGE sucking need. everytime i took him off the breast (asleep) he cried & frantically looked to latch back on. my mom took him for a while & managed to calm him down....with a pacifier!? i really didn't want him to take a paci but broke down & bought one the last time my mom was here because she really wanted to be able to soothe him. well, it didn't work last week but obviously she wasn't going to give up. i'm really not upset about it. my nips were seriously sore last night!

so slingin'mom...you're going camping? tent camping? with a newborn? i suppose after 5 kids, anything seems possible, eh? good luck!

i'm sorry to hear about all of you suffering from mastitis & other complications. i truly hope you're able to take it easy & enjoy your babies in the midst of the craziness....

stephanie asl.gif

#209 of 663 Old 06-06-2007, 10:39 AM

Akasha is more fussy than usual in the evenings too... only a few nights was it really bad though, and whoa! that gave me a taste of how bad it can be and I since have been thanking my lucky stars to have such a mellow babe! I'd love to hear about the camping too- how exactly doea that work w/ a little one?

Grace Comes.

#210 of 663 Old 06-06-2007, 11:18 AM

Ceci has been really fussy today as well, I wonder what is going on with her? She was so content before and now she is so very crabby...LOL!

Camping is fun We have a camper, so its not that bad at all, we also have a seasonal campsite so we don't have to pack/unpack and stuff like that. All the kids love camping and Ceci loves being outside in the fresh air, my sling works great for walking around the campground but I also bring my stroller, cause she likes to be out sometimes. We all love it, its great!

Julie (34)
Mom to 3 boys + 3 girls = PERFECTION joy.gif
Collector of TOYS!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page