Any other babes like this? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-25-2007, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD nurses well but never for comfort she will suck on her hands for that and at night when she is tired she will fuss and fuss until I lay her down then she will stop crying and fall sound a sleep.

DD #1 and ds always nursed to sleep and would cry if I set them down not when I held them...

This is so weird...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2007, 08:44 PM

My DD1 was like that. It took me ages to figure out that the solution to her fussiness what to put her down and walk away, and VOILA! she was instantly happy. I always thought a baby would be clingy, would want to be held all the time, etc., but my first was the total opposite of that. It used to hurt my feelings, actually...

Now I have my DS, who DEMANDS to be in contact with me constantly, and I'm realizing I should have been counting my blessings (and of course loving every minute of it, too.)

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
Old 05-25-2007, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

I was feeling a bit hurt too!
Old 05-26-2007, 01:01 AM

My first was like that, too. You could not rock or nurse that child to sleep. She wanted to be put down, in her bassinet, while she was awake and she would go to sleep on her own. She is now a pretty independent 8 year old.

My second--total snugger all the way. Loved rocking and spending hours at the boob . Still a snugger at 7 and says she never wants to leave home.

My third, and current baby--wants to be held all day (and the holder can't sit down) and never sleeps. Ugh! How I long for the good ol' days .

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
Old 05-26-2007, 01:57 AM

My now 13 mos old son was like that and actually weaned himself at 11 mos- he tried to wean at 9 mos but I managed to coax him into nursing at night for a couple more months- something that people who do not have this kind of baby often DO NOT understand. I had people here act as though it was my fault he was weaning- people even said 6 mos was to early for him to be night weaned even though he weaned willingly from nighttime feedings at 6 mos!

However, my 1st dd was the polar opposite- in fact, she nursed at night until 2.5-3 yrs, and nursed in the daytime until almost 4 (she would have gone longer, but I had had enough).

My son would cry if I offered the breast and he was not hungry- he also went to sleep on his own and still does.
After my first child (attached to my boob 24/7 horrible horrible sleeper/napper) I could not believe my luck. This kid is 13 mos and still takes 2-3 naps a day and sleeps 11-12 solid hours a night!

Sara
Old 05-26-2007, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
My youngest son is like that too, and has been pretty much from day 1. He nurses to eat and that's it. If he's getting fussy and tired, you lay him down and walk away. If you continue to hold him, he'll cry and cry and cry and cry.

A friend of mine's second daughter was also like this. We were both surprised when she had her daughter, and then 6 months later, I had the same type of baby! Having seen my friend's girl do this, it made me realize it was in fact normal though.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
Old 05-26-2007, 11:05 AM

so glad i'm not the only one!! DD is such a sleepy head.. she nurses to nurse and she plays and then drifts to sleep like the baby in the johnson and johnson comercials!!

[SIZE="1"]Holly, slightly crunchy mama to my happy, energetic, sensitive Aiden (8/04) and My peanut girly girl, independent and proud Lillian (3/07)... Wife to my Jonathan, and a cancer SURVIVOR... now and forever!
Old 05-26-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mama View Post
DD nurses well but never for comfort she will suck on her hands for that and at night when she is tired she will fuss and fuss until I lay her down then she will stop crying and fall sound a sleep.

DD #1 and ds always nursed to sleep and would cry if I set them down not when I held them...

This is so weird...
I just have to tell you that right now I would LOVE if my DS did this! Instead, we spent about as many hours last night trying to get him to sleep as he did sleeping I know how you must miss the cuddle time, and the sweetness of staring down at your sweet child (things I really like), but I say count your blessings!

Actually, maybe it's just a matter of the grass being greener, IYKWIM.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Old 05-26-2007, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mama View Post
Can I put in my order for one of these now?

I can't relate (my DD loves to be held and bounced to sleep), but it sure sounds nice...

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

User Tag List