Has anyone tried the Ergo Baby Carrier? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2003, 02:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just found it online and it looks exactly what I'm looking for. My ds is about 21 lbs. (10 mos.) and he doesn't fit in the Baby Bjorn anymore and the slings hurt my back!

If you've tried the Ergo, please let me know what you think!

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2003, 02:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

I just got one a couple of weeks ago myself. So far, I really love it. I can do the dishes and I even swept, mopped, and cleaned the tub while wearing dd on my back in it. The only thing is that its kinda tricky getting her into it. I lay it on the bed, place dd on top of carrier, then lie back and buckle the waist and pull up the shoulders very carefully. You're supposed to put the child in while standing, but with your back horizontal to the floor, which just doesn't seem as safe to me as my way.
I carry her in the front too sometimes, but the hip carry position is a bit awkward for me.
Oh, also, I thought that dd would fall asleep in it really easily (like sling and bjorn) but it took her a long time to fall asleep and she woke up really easily in it.
However, it is very comfortable since the weight is distributed on the hips - my shoulders don't get sore like w/the sling or bjorn.

HTH

User Tag List