June '06 Mamas its That Time!!!! ARGGHHH! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 381 Old 06-29-2007, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
Katie, I will try the t.t.o., good idea. How do you add it? I have a front loader, so my options are in the detergent tray, or in the little tray for fabric softener. Er? I am sunning everything all day today.

I have been using microfiber inserts around the house to mop up spills too. Haha. Harper spilled a huge amount of water the other day, and I threw a Cotton Babies insert down on top of it, and it sucked it all up before it had a chance to get in the rug!

Rooty tooty Ruby....
I'm not sure how you would do it with a front loader, maybe put it in the little tray for fabric softener? I just put a few (4?) drops in with the water as it's filling up. If you put it in the fabric softener tray, maybe put the drops in some water and then pour the mix in? I use vinegar sometimes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
I like microfiber too. : and fuzzybunz.

Kaite~ I finaly got off my lazy arse and went to the post office,you have mail comming!!!!!!

looking for a TTO,how to myself.

we had swimming lessons today and my friend jill took lu in the pool,so cute she looked. wish I could find my cammera. I missplaced it somewere. I hope we didn't leave it some were.
Yay! Thank you. We're home now and I can't wait to try it out. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
I dunno, as wistful as it makes me thinking that she's not a "baby" anymore, I'm actually excited about moving to the Toddlers forum....anyone else? I think I like toddlerhood better than babyhood.

: to my sweet girl today!!!!!
: I don't mind the thought of toddlers forum either. And I'm with you, toddlerhood is more fun. I could do withouth the tantrums though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 381 Old 06-29-2007, 12:54 AM

What size FBs are y'all getting from the TP? I have many PTs if anyone is interested, just LMK, not trying to spam, just saying...LOL

Mikey had a huge tantrum today...don't know what about but even nursing wasn't good enough. He just kept saying "no, no, no!" and arching and the whole 9 yards...sheesh.

No is the new yes too apparently b/c that's all he says if you ask him a question, even if he means yes...LOL

We're at my folks for a week on vacation...heavenly They live in northern MI off Lake Michigan and it's so nice! I had a conference up here the first part of the week and took off two days so it'll be a whole week on vacation - yay! doing lots of geocaching and just hanging out.

I definitely have a toddler on my hands so I'm up for the move. I'll find y'all.

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#363 of 381 Old 06-29-2007, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom View Post
What size FBs are y'all getting from the TP? I have many PTs if anyone is interested, just LMK, not trying to spam, just saying...LOL

Mikey had a huge tantrum today...don't know what about but even nursing wasn't good enough. He just kept saying "no, no, no!" and arching and the whole 9 yards...sheesh.

No is the new yes too apparently b/c that's all he says if you ask him a question, even if he means yes...LOL

We're at my folks for a week on vacation...heavenly They live in northern MI off Lake Michigan and it's so nice! I had a conference up here the first part of the week and took off two days so it'll be a whole week on vacation - yay! doing lots of geocaching and just hanging out.

I definitely have a toddler on my hands so I'm up for the move. I'll find y'all.
Petite toddler is lil ant's best fit....30 lbs :

oh, I'm so jealous! My ILs are on the other side of the state up north...lake michigan is way better than lake huron.

sorry I haven't been keeping up with all the b-days :
I hope everyone is well.

I much prefer the toddler lil ant to the baby version.
#364 of 381 Old 06-29-2007, 11:56 AM

The FBs we just got are all Mediums. I think Nevie will use them for a looooong time. She is settling in to be an average-sized kid. Dan's mom and sister are only about 5'1" or 5'2", sooooo... there you go.

We did family pictures last weekend and the photographer just put up the gallery if you want to check it out:

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#365 of 381 Old 06-29-2007, 12:24 PM

Meg, that gallery is so beautiful! I particularly like the ones of you three as a family.

Fireant-- what's the story behind your sig?

Leigh Anne-- at some point I might be in the market for some PT. I think those would be the size for Philip. Though--
Yesterday DH told me that he thinks we should get a BJs membership to pay for all of the diapers we're going to have to buy. I said "that's why we'll do cloth." And he started laughing at me, like I was totally ridiculous.
So obviously the diapers I choose are going to have to be really easy for him to use and I may have to commit to being the laundry doer.
Argh.

Oh, and we have tantruming here too. And he's getting closer to walking. :
#366 of 381 Old 06-29-2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post

It's refering to something my sister and I posted in another thread. :
#367 of 381 Old 06-29-2007, 01:39 PM

Great pix, Meg!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#368 of 381 Old 06-29-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
The FBs we just got are all Mediums. I think Nevie will use them for a looooong time. She is settling in to be an average-sized kid. Dan's mom and sister are only about 5'1" or 5'2", sooooo... there you go.

We did family pictures last weekend and the photographer just put up the gallery if you want to check it out:
Those are gorgeous. And you guys look like a hired "pretty" mom and dad.
#369 of 381 Old 06-29-2007, 05:53 PM

We are walking. Darn near running some days.
Parents are still here, so no time to get online. Birthday was great, party was great, fun was had. Also went to the zoo, which was a big hit.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#370 of 381 Old 06-29-2007, 09:44 PM

Meg, those pics are stunning! And I LOVE that pink dress on Nevie!

J likes to pop off while nursing and laugh at me. So fun.
S2 learned how to throw a ball. DH is so thrilled.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#371 of 381 Old 06-29-2007, 09:56 PM

Aw, shucks, you guys!

Ah yes -- the "popping off and laughing" stage is so very, very delightful (she said, wryly).

WHY did I tell people that the party would start at 11:00 tomorrow? WHY do I smoke so much crack? Costco doesn't even open until 10am, I have to get the cake and get home in time to throw tablecloths down and look like a sane person. Hmmm... could at least get tablecloths tonight...

ETA: So, thanks to the time difference between Pacific Daylight Time and Japan Standard Time, I've actually officially been a mother for over twelve hours now. I was nursing her this morning right around the time of her birth in Okinawa one year ago. I'm really glad I will always have this extra day to savor my baby before the Official American Party Day. I went for an amazing fast run tonight and felt even better about it, remembering how this time last year I was afraid I would never walk normally again! And my kid. I love her. I just feel so lucky and blessed.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#372 of 381 Old 06-30-2007, 10:57 AM

Yes, great pics Megan! Phweet-phwoo!

Happy bday Olivia and Nevie!

Harper got to not play with Olivia at the park yesterday Harper has a newfound love for the slide and would not tolerate the trying on of wraps at our local babywearing meeting. Ms. Medicmama has quite the collection!

I think I chased H. around the whole time, having 30 second conversations. That's kind of how it goes now that she can walk. And we decided no more restaurants for a while. She won't sit and eat anymore, things are simply too interesting, must run around. Which means one of us sits there scarfing food while the other one takes a turn chasing her. She tried to eat a goldfish out of the pond at our favorite sushi restaurant the other day, then repeated this feat at the Vietnamese place by the house. But she will not eat a frigging carrot off my plate. We tried coloring, and she likes dragging and banging the crayons around and watching us draw, but inevitably they make their way to the mouth. Oh well, it'll be better for the budget anyway.

Jessica, something like velcro pockets and AIOs may be the way to go, huh? My husband liked FuzziBunz too. We just never rebought once we found the one-size options. If you get a good stash of the one-size kind, P. can wear them too! So far, we really like Haute Pockets, but I put the Cotton Babies inserts in them more often than the ones that came with them.
#373 of 381 Old 06-30-2007, 01:37 PM

Happy Birthday Nevie and Olivia!

Starting a business sucks, especially when one has next to no capital with which to start said business. Ah well. Live and learn.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#374 of 381 Old 06-30-2007, 06:17 PM

Hello, we survived another party with my family,: . and I will post as soon as I can get into snapfish,why does yahoo photo have to close? they suck!

Happy B~Day nevie!

FBs rock in my book! just what size are todler petite? lulu is 18# and will were mediums for a long time.

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#375 of 381 Old 06-30-2007, 07:24 PM

Birthday pics!

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...16/t_=99259016

I think she wins for bauldest baby.

Great shots meg!

#376 of 381 Old 06-30-2007, 07:46 PM

Happy Birthday, Olivia!!!

The party was madness, but in a good way. My cousins' kids all got soaking wet in our backyard pond. Kept 'em happy and out of my way, so that's good.

There is a huuuuuge mess in the kitchen, though. Someday when we're rich and famous, all our parties will be catered. Or at least the cleaning part will be hired out.

There was the perfect red fuzzi bunz diaper to go with the dress Nevie wore today -- a blue sailor dress I received at my shower last April. it was too damn cute for words.

#377 of 381 Old 06-30-2007, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
Meg, that gallery is so beautiful! I particularly like the ones of you three as a family.

Leigh Anne-- at some point I might be in the market for some PT. I think those would be the size for Philip. Though--
Yesterday DH told me that he thinks we should get a BJs membership to pay for all of the diapers we're going to have to buy. I said "that's why we'll do cloth." And he started laughing at me, like I was totally ridiculous.
So obviously the diapers I choose are going to have to be really easy for him to use and I may have to commit to being the laundry doer.
Argh.

Oh, and we have tantruming here too. And he's getting closer to walking. :
I am not the laundry type of gal,cding has made me into a do'er. My dh was not up for cloth,so I cd at home and when I have baby duty and he does ta when I am at work and he is going out with her. she has been in ta all of 8 hrs a week. I even came home to find her in cloth. huge step for him.

#378 of 381 Old 06-30-2007, 11:37 PM

I'm glad everyone's b-day parties were a success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
Ruby takes water from the nuby, but not breast milk. She'll take that from the tap or from a dumb ol playtex bottle. I'm hoping that changes soon.
Does it bother you that she takes breastmilk from a bottle? P does too, and I was thinking that as long as he drank it during the day (when I'm at work) then I'd have him do so from a bottle. Thoughts?
I hope Ruby is feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
Ah yes -- the "popping off and laughing" stage is so very, very delightful (she said, wryly).
Yeah, Because that plus pregnancy hormones = no fun nursing which really = lots of dedication

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
Jessica, something like velcro pockets and AIOs may be the way to go, huh? My husband liked FuzziBunz too. We just never rebought once we found the one-size options. If you get a good stash of the one-size kind, P. can wear them too! So far, we really like Haute Pockets, but I put the Cotton Babies inserts in them more often than the ones that came with them.
this was my thought. But DH really got mad at me when I mentioned cloth. I don't really know what his deal is! I don't think he knows what they can be like, either. So at this point he told me that diapering is his territory. My benefit: I get total veto power over food, even if he thinks I'm silly.
This might be a trade worth making. It would be easier to just get him on board with everything, but who knows. :

P went to the ped this morning. He is 27 lbs and 30.5 inches. Right on his curve. Still has a big head. I am supposed to be offering him cows milk so he knows what it tastes like, so when he weans he doesn't reject it. ? I think that's bunk, so I ignored it.
Otherwise, things were ok. Delayed some vaxes, using the MIL had a transplant and no live vaccines excuse. (very handy).
My ped's pretty ok and all that, but I sure hate waiting in those little rooms with a mobile baby. It's like a form of torture.

Tis all. G'night!
#379 of 381 Old 07-01-2007, 07:52 PM

no, Jessica, it doesn't bother me that she takes breastmilk from a bottle. it's only 2x a week. I'd rather her take that than refuse it.

I'm not giving Ruby cows milk. I don't drink it, cause I'm not a cow... so why should she?

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#380 of 381 Old 07-01-2007, 08:49 PM

Should we pull up stakes and head over to Toddlers? I keep clicking into the June 07 thread by accident. And my mind is just blown. I totally forgot what this time last year was like. I think I prefer walking baby who spontaneously played ball with a kid at the playground today. Wherever you go, there you are. And stuff.
#381 of 381 Old 07-01-2007, 10:25 PM

Here we are!

It's toddler time!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page