June '06 Mamas its That Time!!!! ARGGHHH! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 381 Old 06-07-2007, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh right. Somehow between 2pm yesterday when I stuck my finger in Katie's mouth and 9pm tonight when she grinned at me for the millionth time today, she sprouted a new tooth. Not sure how it came up so far when it was non-existent yesterday, but okay. That makes 7 teeth, I guess. xXXx on top, xXX_ on the bottom.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
#122 of 381 Old 06-07-2007, 04:47 AM

Glad to hear our LOs are keeping us busy. DS has been having a bout of separation anxiety recently. We went to stay with my family in the UK and from there travelled to Ireland, we stayed in several different places and his routine went off. Since we got back home he won't leave my side. He clings to my legs even when I'm trying to get dressed. Having said that, I've had to leave him with the in-laws a few times as I've been doing a bit of work, and when I'm not there he's fine. If anyone comes over to play with him, he'll play happily with them while I'm not in the room but as soon as he sees me, it's 'mummy, mummy, mummy, pick me up, cuddle me'. I have to confess to secretly being pleased as he's never been a cuddly type of baby. He has 6 teeth, walks with hand held and has taken 1 or 2 independant steps, loves melon (we ate a whole one at one sitting, not sure who had the most), his babbling is starting to sound like words but nothing identifiable yet (he loves saying gog, gog, gog, gog, either loves dogs or is going to be a religious freak ). Well, happy 1st birthday to all June babes and happy birth day to us mamas
#123 of 381 Old 06-07-2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
Oh, Heather -- Dan wants me to tell you "On second thought, I *don't* bring you love! I bring you fear and pestilence! Pestilence!!!"
Tell Dan I say thanks for making me lol and almost wake up Kait sleeping on my lap... Good thing I didn't have any water in my mouth or it would have been a spit take for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post
I'm working on the ceremony now; I don't have it all set, but I'm getting some neat ideas. His fairy godparents are going to present him to the world. There will be bubbles. I'm asking everyone to bring a wish for him -- it can be written down, or symbolic (like a feather to symbolize him finding his wings as he grows up). We're going to put all his blessings in a box for him when he gets older. Then there will be cake, of course.

We did something we thought we'd never do the other night and cut contact with my FIL, so this will be the first family gathering without him. It feels weird. I come from a family where you just don't do that. Family is family. But he's not safe to be around us or, more importantly, our children right now. DH spent 4 hours on the phone with his mother last night and some information came up that cemented our decision. I think it will be a non-issue in terms of birthday drama, since FIL never contacts us or his grandchildren anyway. I hope it will be a non-issue.

Eek. I have a new mantra. AVOID THE DRAMA LLAMA!
The ceremony you have planned sounds so sweet. And I agree - avoid the drama llama. But sorry you had to do what you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
That's what is so funny! That is ONLY half the RSVPs
wow - uhhhhhhhh....good luck?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesea View Post
If anyone comes over to play with him, he'll play happily with them while I'm not in the room but as soon as he sees me, it's 'mummy, mummy, mummy, pick me up, cuddle me'. I have to confess to secretly being pleased as he's never been a cuddly type of baby.
My firstborn wasn't real cuddly or mama attached, so I know what you mean....but DD has the spearation anxiety down to a science, though it's been getting better recently- sometimes I can leave the room and she's OK. But then if she catches sight of me, then she NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS me, no matter what else was going on before - just like you said above. Gotta love 'em, right?

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#124 of 381 Old 06-07-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejon1 View Post
I'm so sorry. You are not the worst mother, accidents happen. I dropped Caleb in his infant carrier when I was getting him out of the car when he was about 3 months old. It replayed in my head for a while. I wouldn't worry about taking him to the doctor. Evie hit her head HARD the other night in the bathtub. I called our doc and the nurse on call said if they cry right away, that's a good sign. Also, if they get over it by nursing/comforting them that's good. She still had us wake up Evie 2 hours after she went to sleep and then every 4 hours if she didn't wake up on her own after that for 3 days. I don't think we had to, I'm pretty sure she woke up on her own. Oh, and she said that she could vomit 1ce, but if she did it more than 3 times to bring her in. I didn't even realize that could make them vomit, b/c I think I would have freaked if she would have vomited once!
when s2 fell off the couch a few months ago, i rushed her to urgent care, and b met me there. as soon as he picked her up to check on her, she projectile vomited all over him. seriously, COVERED his suit. his only clean suit, btw, the one he was supposed to wear to a very important meeting. whoops!

apparently i have a knack for timing emergencies for the MOST inopportune time for him. the day i had s2, he had to leave the biggest meeting of his career. : i'm skilled, what can i say?

i got s2 on my back in the MT all by myself this morning, and she LOVED it. squealed the entire time, and then cried when i put her down.

and...............she's cruising! :

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#125 of 381 Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
So. Finally got my garden planted 2 weeks ago. Been gorgeous ever since.
Tonight we have a frost warning.
Sorry! :
#126 of 381 Old 06-07-2007, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post
I'm working on the ceremony now;

We did something we thought we'd never do the other night and cut contact with my FIL,

Eek. I have a new mantra. AVOID THE DRAMA LLAMA!
The ceremony sounds beautiful!!

Im sorry, but it sounds like its for the best

You've got that right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejon1 View Post
I'm so sorry. You are not the worst mother, accidents happen.

Well, I think we found another babysitter.
Thank you :

Thats great about the babysitter! Its sounds promising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
They expect toddlers to be sporting busted lips and black eyes for birthday pics right?
I didn't even think of pictures! AAAHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesea View Post
I have to confess to secretly being pleased as he's never been a cuddly type of baby.
It does feel great to know that you're needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
i got s2 on my back in the MT all by myself this morning, and she LOVED it. squealed the entire time, and then cried when i put her down.

Good for you!! Its takes some practice!

And Whooooo Hooooo! Go Sam!
#127 of 381 Old 06-07-2007, 03:01 PM

I'm having a hard time reading today. I was tortured by my baby last night with sleep deprivation and random kicks to the ribs and random whacks to the face with her bear, whose name is Cat (this is also the name of anything with fur). At least she's allowing coffee this morning...

Sorry about the car incident, Kelly. I think I won the worst mom award when I let my baby grab a burning hot lightbulb though. She'll have lifelong scars on her hand, I think.
#128 of 381 Old 06-07-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
My Daddy passed away around 6:15 this morning.

Thank you guys for your prayers and support during the past couple of months.
BFM thinking of you and your family .... I'm so very sorry for your loss ... Cancer seems to steal the very best from this world You and your family will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers ...

Mommy2girlies ... how scary that must have been! But, he's okay. Kids are made of pretty tough stuff (like mamas, I'm thinking) so please, be gentle with yourself and forgive yourself. It was an accident. I'm sure if he were talking he'd tell you that he knows your sorry and it's okay (And, according to my 5 year old today I am the worst mother in the world, so you can't be it my friend)

Yesterday I was at the dr. (for me, a funny mole removed) and she's our family doctor and she asked when we were having another (yes, she knows it took us 3 years to get Max) She kept teasing me saying, "oh, come on mama, you can nurse two at once" :-) Funny thing is, Chris has been wanting to try for another, too and some days ... not most days, mind you ... but some days ... some days I'm tempted (not that we're preventing, no sense wasting money on birth control) ... we'll see how I feel after Max's first birthday comes and goes ... anyone else having these nutty thoughts? LOL

Best Wishes, June mamas! I can't believe it's been a year

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
#129 of 381 Old 06-07-2007, 07:36 PM

New videos...from a camera phone. Let me know if you can't view them.

Tonguey 1

Tonguey 2

Walky 1
#130 of 381 Old 06-08-2007, 12:02 AM

Kara, you know, it's funny. I kind of did have those thoughts this past week. I was (gasp) one whole day late for AF and my mind started wandering down that path... it would delay my PT school plans, but all in all I knew I would be OK with that. And I liked the thought of our kids being closer together in age than they will be according to The Master Plan.

So, we will continue not to say "yes" to this concept. But if we are overruled, I think I will have joy in that. Either way!

Nevie took an almost-but-not-quite step tonight as she turned from holding the couch to leaning on my shoulders. Just in the last couple of days, her grasp while standing has become so much more about security and not really needing a lot of support. Woo woo! And it seems like her hair grew, like, an inch overnight. She was quite the moptop today and I could not get a clip in to save my life.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#131 of 381 Old 06-08-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittingKara View Post
she asked when we were having another (yes, she knows it took us 3 years to get Max) She kept teasing me saying, "oh, come on mama, you can nurse two at once" :-) Funny thing is, Chris has been wanting to try for another, too and some days ... not most days, mind you ... but some days ... some days I'm tempted (not that we're preventing, no sense wasting money on birth control) ... we'll see how I feel after Max's first birthday comes and goes ... anyone else having these nutty thoughts? LOL
Yes, I have these thoughts. I'm scared to have them too close, though. I want Philip to still be able to be a baby, and to nurse.

I am exhausted. Our trip (and being the only parent for 4 days) really took it out of me. Philip is all off schedule (won't go to sleep until 11) and he doesn't seem to sleep very well. I wonder if it's teeth. He's whiny at night and he has separation anxiety. When he's not feeling those ways, though, he's happy. No standing on his own or any other pre-walking signs. Recently I thought we had thrush but I think it's just P grinding his teeth on me. :
Off to work.
BFM, I am sorry for your loss.
Kelly, I am sorry to hear of the parking lot incident, but I am sure he's fine!
Where's Amy?

#132 of 381 Old 06-08-2007, 11:05 AM

Paddington,

: J !!!!!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#133 of 381 Old 06-08-2007, 12:31 PM

Happy Birthday, J!

Re: Thinking about having another one. I went down that thought path too, just yesterday! Just thinking, how would I do it, if it happened soon. I'm trying to track my cycle, and am not about bc pills. Me + bc pills = Anyway, it would be really tough on us right now. I hope to wait another year or two before getting pregnant.

Talula's teeth are hurting her. She's up 85 times a night nursing and crying.

#134 of 381 Old 06-08-2007, 12:34 PM

Wow!!! A year ago at this moment I was in pain laying in my bed watching my boys get to know each other. How awesome is that? :

And I may have woke up to So, who knows about that baby bug huh?

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#135 of 381 Old 06-08-2007, 12:41 PM

happy birthday j!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#136 of 381 Old 06-08-2007, 12:50 PM

Happy birthday J!

So, I was reading on another thread that not using bc = planning a baby. So, am I planning a baby? Don't you have to have sex to have a baby?
#137 of 381 Old 06-08-2007, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Happy Birthday J!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: :
#138 of 381 Old 06-08-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
Don't you have to have sex to have a baby?
Not in my house :

no bc = no big deal

planning a baby= making a dr.s appt.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#139 of 381 Old 06-08-2007, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
Happy birthday J!

So, I was reading on another thread that not using bc = planning a baby. So, am I planning a baby? Don't you have to have sex to have a baby?
I didn't feel like having sex after my first until he was um, a year and change. Then the drive came back with a vengeance. After this one it was more opportunity issues then lack of drive. Course since my birthday present is ..... Yup, those are cramps... almost forgot what those felt like....

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#140 of 381 Old 06-08-2007, 06:43 PM

happy birthday, j!

it's 100 degrees at almost 6:00. wth? too flippin hot.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#141 of 381 Old 06-09-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
Ok, so I have totally earned the Worst Mother award today!!

We were leaving a park and there were a bunch of mamas leaving at the same time so the parking lot was busy. I put both girls in the van, but left the sliding door open to get air circulating (its hot as h#ll!!) and then I went around and put J.C in his seat and started to buckle him. I look up and see Carson jumping out of the van to come around to my side and I was terrified she was going to be hit by a car so I run around the van and put her back in and tell her to buckle! Out of the corner of my eye I see J.C starting to lean towards the open sliding door of the van! He's NOT buckled! My heart stops and I scream around the back of the van hoping to get there in time to stop him from falling out of the van, but no, I got there just in time to see him land w/ a thud on the asphalt!!! My stomach hurts just talking about this again. I scooped him up and checked his face and he had a swollen cut lip, scraped upper lip and a scrap on his nose. I nursed him and he stopped crying and seemed fine. I didn't know if I should take him to the dr or what. We don't even have a dr. out here! He's fine now and completely unaware of what happened earlier today, but I can't seem to get it out of my head!! :
Glad he's ok! They move to fast for their own good sometimes. Like with the older ones why can't they just stay seated and buckled. My kiddos do this too.. Unbuckle and dance around outside the van. : Just stay seated!

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#142 of 381 Old 06-09-2007, 11:23 AM

Happy Birthday ! to all the June babies.Because This month seems to be kicking my arse,and I can't get ahead.

#143 of 381 Old 06-09-2007, 11:28 AM

I still don't know what's up as far as a party goes. I usualy wait till a few days before and then wing it and all goes well most times.

I am sure that it will consist if more friends than family tho.

#144 of 381 Old 06-09-2007, 11:30 AM

I think im doing a pineapple cake with a pineapple and cocconut cream cheese frosting. not low cal.

#145 of 381 Old 06-09-2007, 07:51 PM

http://www.aslpro.com/cgi-bin/aslpro/aslpro.cgi

I came across this on another thread,thought it was cool. I know some are signing!

#146 of 381 Old 06-09-2007, 08:49 PM

man, all of those ladies have angry looks on their faces
weird but a great resource

#147 of 381 Old 06-09-2007, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
when s2 fell off the couch a few months ago, i rushed her to urgent care, and b met me there. as soon as he picked her up to check on her, she projectile vomited all over him. seriously, COVERED his suit. his only clean suit, btw, the one he was supposed to wear to a very important meeting. whoops!

apparently i have a knack for timing emergencies for the MOST inopportune time for him. the day i had s2, he had to leave the biggest meeting of his career. : i'm skilled, what can i say?

Woo-hoo on the cruising!

So how heavy is she now. I didn't get a MT when I wanted it, and I don't know if she would rie in it now. I think she would b/c I still carry her quite a bit, but we dont really have the money to spend on it right now.

I seriously didn't know that they could puke from hitting their head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireant View Post
New videos...from a camera phone. Let me know if you can't view them.

Tonguey 1

Tonguey 2

Walky 1
CUTE! Evie's obsessed with sticking her tongue out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post

I came across this on another thread,thought it was cool. I know some are signing!
I love it! Our 5th graders are singing a song at their graduation ceremony on Fri and they're also signing it too. They were really into learning it. I joked with them that it was the quietest my classroom had been since I had been back.

5 more days and I'm DONE!!! I am so excited to be home for the summer. I guess that is the good thing about being a teacher. Yippee!!

My bf called me last night and asked me if I'd be interested in being her doula when she has her baby in Aug. I'm so excited. I've been wanting to start my certification, but honestly don't know anyone who was having a baby to get my births. So, I'm going to be rereading the books and I may check on taking the class, but I'm so excited.

My sister is also 35 weeks now and her doc is pissing me off from afar. (She's 8 hours away, so...) We're both bigger people and she's measuring 38 weeks. So the doc sent her for a u/s to check fluid levels. They were fine. Well, the baby didn't move much, so he sent her for a stress test yesterday. She has to go back on Tues. for another u/s to check the baby's growth. (They've already freaked out on her 1ce b/c of this and everything was ok then.) Then her reg. appt is next Fri. They did discover at the other u/s that she only has 2 veins? in the umbilical cord, but the doc said that's not unheard of, but that she would have to be more closely monitored during labor and delivery. Anybody got any info on that? I'm so afraid he's going to bully/scare her into a c-section...
#148 of 381 Old 06-10-2007, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
man, all of those ladies have angry looks on their faces
weird but a great resource
Thats what I thought!

Katie- Sorry I can't help,I've got nothing.

#149 of 381 Old 06-10-2007, 12:44 AM

katie- any possability that they are wrong? did they send her for a high risk us? like a 3D or 4D. The cord is soposta have 2 arteries and 1 vein.

If it were me I would want them to be damn ass sure.

#150 of 381 Old 06-10-2007, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post

Look up Afternoon Discount! It could be the new sign for nooner.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page