June '06 Mamas its That Time!!!! ARGGHHH! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 381 Old 06-01-2007, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter
 
mommy2girlies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Southern Mississippi
Posts: 2,051
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok ladies, if no one else is game, I am!

: : : : : : : : :

Can't believe its that time already!!!

Congrats to all of us for making it this far! :

mommy2girlies is offline  
#2 of 381 Old 06-01-2007, 08:41 PM
 
BundleFishMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philadelphia suburbs
Posts: 1,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh My Gosh Kelly!!! Thought about it this morning and I couldn't bring myself to do it! But I'm glad you did!

: to the June babes!!!! And Happy Birthing Day to all of us mamas!!!

I am glad Andrew is one of the last to turn 1 - I'm not ready yet!! But we have to have his birthday celebration early anyway since DH will be overseas for the actual day (some of you may remember that's why his missed Andrew's birth last year - he goes to Prague for a conference every year at the end of June. I remember agonizing over it but I was so sure Andrew would arrive before he left - and then he was the baby who wouldn't budge - not castor oil nor anything else I tried would make labor start until he was good and ready!)

BTW, sorry my last post here was so depressing! I am almost never like that! I am usually an annoyingly happy person but that week I was feeling awful both physically and emotionally. But now, the mastitis is long gone (after squeezing out crazy quantities of goop from my boob - sorry, TMI there but it was weird!) and I've been to the doctor and tested for Lyme disease as well as rheumatoid arthritis and other things with similar symptoms, so hopefully I'll know soon enough what is causing the pain I've been having (*awful* joint pain and a stiff neck, headaches, fevers, etc.) and be able to treat it. I hate taking painkillers so much but literally, there have been days lately I was in so much pain I couldn't pick the baby up or bend my knees to help DD on the potty! I am almost never sick, so this is very odd....I just can't wait until the labs are back and hopefully they'll have some clue what's going on!

But thanks guys, for the sympathy! So again, sorry to be a downer but since I had asked you all to offer prayers/good thoughts, etc. when my dad was suddenly diagnosed with cancer at age 59.....the hospital finally told us there's nothing more they can do for my father except make him comfortable. I cannot believe it. The cancer has spread a lot and it's Stage IV, plus his liver and kidneys are failing, plus he has an infection. Two months ago today, I remember so distinctly because it was Palm Sunday, DH was away on business and my folks came out here - my dad was feeling really tired but otherwise normal, we went to an Easter Bunny breakfast at the local market and then he bought us ice cream and chased the kids around the playground. No idea anything was seriously wrong. Thinking he'd be around for years and years, to see his grandkids grow up and all....and now barely 2 months later, he looks like hell and he's in pain and they're saying he probably has 2-3 weeks to live. I'm still in shock I think....

Sorry, there I go again - ok, the rest of my post will happy stuff! Andrew is just freaking adorable. Seriously. : He has 7 teeth....is just about walking (takes about 10 steps before losing his balance) does the funniest things....says a few words....is finally starting to sleep longer stretches at night (had been nursing every 2 hours some nights - now going 4 or more somtimes!)

He is CRAZY though. My girls were NOTHING like this! He is into *everything* - it's insane. I thought I was well prepared, being the third time I'm going through the baby-to-toddler phase, but no way! I call him my little wrecking ball because doesn't sit still for a minute - if you put him down he will just rampage through a room knocking stuff over, grabbing anything in sight, climbing on furniture, attacking other babies (seriously, this one had me a little worried because even at this age, my girls would sit and pat babies gently - he goes for their hair, eyes, etc. or just shoves them over and does a sumo wrestler move on top of them!) But my friends have reassured me that he's just a normal boy with lots of energy - even if they have to pick up their babes and move them to safety when he gets to playgroup! And he loves the pool, too - I finally got a Solarveil sling which is awesome!

DD2 turned 3 last week! That night I posted about her ice cream party, I gave up on stenciling the 22 nice little ice cream bowls for favors and went to sleep instead Returned the bowls and the paint to the craft store, and went to the Disney store 1 hour before the party and bought 22 cute, cheap, already-decorated-though-likely-pthalate-ridden plastic bowls and used those instead. Martha Stewart I am not. But no complaints, everyone had fun, gotta upload some photos soon!

DD1 has her dress rehearsal tomorrow for her dance rectial next week. Gotta go get all the stuff ready for that!

Hope you all are doing great as we enter Birthday Month!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

BundleFishMama is offline  
#3 of 381 Old 06-01-2007, 10:54 PM
 
papayapetunia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SE Portland, OR
Posts: 5,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BFM, don't you dare apologize for sharing your problems here and asking for support. That's what we're here for!

I am so sorry to hear about your father. It must be so hard, and I cannot begin to imagine what you're going through. It was nice to hear how he got to chase his grandchildren around.
papayapetunia is offline  
#4 of 381 Old 06-01-2007, 11:39 PM
 
Paddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Happy ;-)
Posts: 13,910
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


June already :

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Paddington is offline  
#5 of 381 Old 06-01-2007, 11:49 PM
 
Paddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Happy ;-)
Posts: 13,910
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
He is CRAZY though. My girls were NOTHING like this! He is into *everything* - it's insane. I thought I was well prepared, being the third time I'm going through the baby-to-toddler phase, but no way! I call him my little wrecking ball because doesn't sit still for a minute - if you put him down he will just rampage through a room knocking stuff over, grabbing anything in sight, climbing on furniture, attacking other babies (seriously, this one had me a little worried because even at this age, my girls would sit and pat babies gently - he goes for their hair, eyes, etc. or just shoves them over and does a sumo wrestler move on top of them!) But my friends have reassured me that he's just a normal boy with lots of energy - even if they have to pick up their babes and move them to safety when he gets to playgroup! And he loves the pool, too - I finally got a Solarveil sling which is awesome!!
Seriously LMAO at this :

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Paddington is offline  
#6 of 381 Old 06-01-2007, 11:57 PM
 
medicmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In the meadow.
Posts: 12,615
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does it have to br june?

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
medicmama is offline  
#7 of 381 Old 06-01-2007, 11:59 PM
 
medicmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In the meadow.
Posts: 12,615
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sorry.

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
medicmama is offline  
#8 of 381 Old 06-02-2007, 01:55 AM
 
earthmama369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BundleFishMama. You have a lot on your plate right now. I'm so sorry about your father.



I can't believe Bastian's almost one. All of a sudden he's exploding all over the place. Words, walking, climbing, eating . . . he's not even eating books much anymore. He picks them up and tries to read them like a big boy. It makes me want to cry a little because time is passing so quickly, but it's SO cool, too. He's such an amazing little person.
earthmama369 is offline  
#9 of 381 Old 06-02-2007, 03:07 AM
 
chiromama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: with my heart onthe outside,finally
Posts: 9,384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BFM

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

chiromama is offline  
#10 of 381 Old 06-02-2007, 04:40 AM
 
sehbub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Back in the bush...
Posts: 10,497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
happy birthday month, mamas!!

BFM

so for just a minute, i'd like to expound upon how much of a moron i really and truly am.

j has been sleeping SO well at night. we go to bed at 10, and most nights he sleeps at least 5 hours before he wakes to nurse. seriously, he only wakes up 2-3 times a night, max. sometimes only once. i've gotten several 10-7 nights out of him.

i've been able to nurse him down for naps, and have him stay asleep for anywhere from 1-3 hours without me in the bed. so, being the rocket scientist that i am, i decided it was a good time to transition him to sleeping in the new crib my parents got, which is side-carred to our bed.

now i ask myself, "self, what in the name of Bob made you think tonight was a good night for this?!?!?!?" we're going to our first craft show tomorrow to launch our new business. the one night in the last 3 1/2 months that i've NEEDED sleep, and here i sit at 3 freaking 30 in the morning, tap-tap-tapping away because someone was thrashing around so bad and wouldn't calm down.

and of course he woke up and has been sitting here for almost an hour now laughing, and babbling, and cooing at me. crazy kid.

MAMA NEEDS SLEEP TONIGHT!

so there you have it, ladies...i'm certifiable. :

oh shoot me. : :

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
sehbub is offline  
#11 of 381 Old 06-02-2007, 09:32 AM
 
BundleFishMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philadelphia suburbs
Posts: 1,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
BFM, don't you dare apologize for sharing your problems here and asking for support. That's what we're here for!

I am so sorry to hear about your father. It must be so hard, and I cannot begin to imagine what you're going through. It was nice to hear how he got to chase his grandchildren around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post
BundleFishMama. You have a lot on your plate right now. I'm so sorry about your father.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
BFM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
BFM
Thanks so much guys. I really appreciate the support here. Candice, you're right, it's just hard for me, I am one of those people who (from the outside anyway - it's a facade - LOL!) seems to have it all together, so I hate feeling needy!

Kids are really amazing though, I have to say. DD1, at not even 5 yrs old yet, understands so much it's incredible. I finally told her, to try to prepare her, that even though we've been praying for Grandpa to get better, it looks like the doctors cannot fix him and that God has decided to take him to Heaven instead (sorry, not meaning to discuss religion here, just saying how we explained it to her within our belief system!) So she said, "That's OK - I will miss him, but he'll have fun there." And I asked her why she said that, and she said, "Because my other Grandpa went to Heaven when I was just a baby, right? So now they'll be together and they'll hang out and have fun watching over me!" I was like....uh, I guess so....and then she said, "But does this mean, when he goes to Heaven, that we have to get dressed up and have a funeral and everyone will cry?" So I said yeah, that's what will happen, and she was like, "When Grandma cries I'll hug her a lot, and I'll tell her, 'Grandma, it's OK, now Grandpa K. [FIL who passed away several years ago] has company!'" She's so sweet.

So last night I was listening to my DDs play dolls together and the dolls were in a hospital, and the girls were the doctors with their play medical kit, and they were saying that they were fixing one doll but the other one was too old and too sick and so they couldn't fix her anymore and she was going to go to Heaven. I suppose it's healthy that's they're processing all this through play, but still....oh, and I feel guilty for laughing, but the funny part was, then they were fighting over whose doll was going to live and whose doll was going to die!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

BundleFishMama is offline  
#12 of 381 Old 06-02-2007, 09:44 AM
 
BundleFishMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philadelphia suburbs
Posts: 1,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Seriously LMAO at this :
It's not funny!! : Can I tell you how bad it is - I was SO anti-playpen, I always said I'd never use a playpen or crib or anything that (to me) resembles "baby jail" but I actually borrowed a playpen from a friend : because seriously, I can't even pee these days without him getting into something! We joke around here that there's babyproofing, and then there's Andrew-proofing, and they are two very different things! So I only use it rarely, and still feel like a bad AP mama for doing it, but honestly, he's perfectly happy for a few minutes with some toys in there, and I can cook or whatever without fear of imminent disaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post
I can't believe Bastian's almost one. All of a sudden he's exploding all over the place. Words, walking, climbing, eating . . . he's not even eating books much anymore. He picks them up and tries to read them like a big boy. It makes me want to cry a little because time is passing so quickly, but it's SO cool, too. He's such an amazing little person.
It's SO crazy, where did this whole year go?!?!?! But I love it too - Andrew has such a cool little personality, and I love how the dynamic is changing among the kids, how the girls have started including him in their play (rather, he has started inserting himself into their play - LOL - but they love him!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
now i ask myself, "self, what in the name of Bob made you think tonight was a good night for this?!?!?!?" we're going to our first craft show tomorrow to launch our new business. the one night in the last 3 1/2 months that i've NEEDED sleep, and here i sit at 3 freaking 30 in the morning, tap-tap-tapping away because someone was thrashing around so bad and wouldn't calm down.
Ugh - hope he went back to sleep and you got some rest, Sarah!!

And what new business is this? (Sorry, I might have missed it on the last thread, I never did get caught up after being MIA for a bit!) Hope the craft show goes well, even if you need a mega-dose of caffeine today!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

BundleFishMama is offline  
#13 of 381 Old 06-02-2007, 11:23 AM
 
earthmama369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was having fun with photobucket last night. So now we have two June threads!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=685921
earthmama369 is offline  
#14 of 381 Old 06-02-2007, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter
 
mommy2girlies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Southern Mississippi
Posts: 2,051
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
I am glad Andrew is one of the last to turn 1 - I'm not ready yet!!

- and then he was the baby who wouldn't budge - not castor oil nor anything else I tried would make labor start until he was good and ready!)

BTW, sorry my last post here was so depressing! I just can't wait until the labs are back and hopefully they'll have some clue what's going on!

He has 7 teeth....is just about walking (takes about 10 steps before losing his balance) does the funniest things....says a few words....is finally starting to sleep longer stretches at night (had been nursing every 2 hours some nights - now going 4 or more somtimes!)

He is CRAZY though. My girls were NOTHING like this! He is into *everything* - it's insane.
I think J.C is the actual last baby since he decided to wait for July But we seem to like to have our babies together Kerri :

I remember both you and I doing the castor oil and can I say YUCK!! J.C didn't budge either!

Don't you dare apologize!!! Thats what we're here for! I'll be praying for you....

Just reading about your Dad made me bawl. I can't even imagine what you and the family are going thru. Hugs and prayers Kerri :

Man, Andrew sounds JUST like J.C!! Even down to the waking up at night to nurse...He has only 6 teeth, but I think we're working on #7. And doesn't the little wobbly walking, looking like a baby oranguatan just he cutest thing ever!!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
Thanks so much guys. I really appreciate the support here. Candice, you're right, it's just hard for me, I am one of those people who (from the outside anyway - it's a facade - LOL!) seems to have it all together, so I hate feeling needy!

Kids are really amazing though, I have to say. DD1, at not even 5 yrs old yet, understands so much it's incredible. I finally told her, to try to prepare her, that even though we've been praying for Grandpa to get better, it looks like the doctors cannot fix him and that God has decided to take him to Heaven instead (sorry, not meaning to discuss religion here, just saying how we explained it to her within our belief system!) So she said, "That's OK - I will miss him, but he'll have fun there." And I asked her why she said that, and she said, "Because my other Grandpa went to Heaven when I was just a baby, right? So now they'll be together and they'll hang out and have fun watching over me!" I was like....uh, I guess so....and then she said, "But does this mean, when he goes to Heaven, that we have to get dressed up and have a funeral and everyone will cry?" So I said yeah, that's what will happen, and she was like, "When Grandma cries I'll hug her a lot, and I'll tell her, 'Grandma, it's OK, now Grandpa K. [FIL who passed away several years ago] has company!'" She's so sweet.

So last night I was listening to my DDs play dolls together and the dolls were in a hospital, and the girls were the doctors with their play medical kit, and they were saying that they were fixing one doll but the other one was too old and too sick and so they couldn't fix her anymore and she was going to go to Heaven. I suppose it's healthy that's they're processing all this through play, but still....oh, and I feel guilty for laughing, but the funny part was, then they were fighting over whose doll was going to live and whose doll was going to die!
Ok, there you go again, making me cry!

Earthmama, thats a great thread, we haven't done that in awhile!! Great pics by the way...
mommy2girlies is offline  
#15 of 381 Old 06-02-2007, 12:07 PM
 
earthmama369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks! I love the one with Bastian in his sunhat at the park . . . it's such a classic cutie pic.

Although he and his dad rocking out to the spiked hairdos is pretty funny too. Mostly I just think it's funny when dh tries to put his "cool" face on.
earthmama369 is offline  
#16 of 381 Old 06-02-2007, 12:29 PM
 
eco_mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 12,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BFM. I can't imagine what you're going through. We're here for you, sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post


June already :


Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post



I can't believe Bastian's almost one. All of a sudden he's exploding all over the place. Words, walking, climbing, eating . . . he's not even eating books much anymore. He picks them up and tries to read them like a big boy. It makes me want to cry a little because time is passing so quickly, but it's SO cool, too. He's such an amazing little person.

Um, do we have the same kid?? Elijah is the same!! (even about the book! )
eco_mama is offline  
#17 of 381 Old 06-02-2007, 12:31 PM
 
eco_mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 12,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post


i'd like to expound upon how much of a moron i really and truly am.
i just have to : at this statement.
eco_mama is offline  
#18 of 381 Old 06-02-2007, 12:34 PM
 
eco_mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 12,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
(some of you may remember that's why his missed Andrew's birth last year - he goes to Prague for a conference every year at the end of June. I remember agonizing over it but I was so sure Andrew would arrive before he left - and then he was the baby who wouldn't budge - not castor oil nor anything else I tried would make labor start until he was good and ready!)
I remember quite well!
eco_mama is offline  
#19 of 381 Old 06-02-2007, 12:50 PM
 
StacyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Banned - period.
Posts: 3,575
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll post later, but here's a few quick pics from Gabriel's birthday this past Thursday:

Birthday cake

Birthday smile

Bath time!
StacyL is offline  
#20 of 381 Old 06-02-2007, 03:23 PM
 
The4OfUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 5,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BFM. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you.

Bakc to post more later and catch up on the pic thread. Kiddos calling now.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
The4OfUs is offline  
#21 of 381 Old 06-02-2007, 05:02 PM
 
sehbub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Back in the bush...
Posts: 10,497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
Ugh - hope he went back to sleep and you got some rest, Sarah!!

And what new business is this? (Sorry, I might have missed it on the last thread, I never did get caught up after being MIA for a bit!) Hope the craft show goes well, even if you need a mega-dose of caffeine today!
i got to sleep from 4-6, so not too bad.

a friend of mine is a mighty crafty, so we went in to business together: The Baby's Things. we make bibs, blankets, nursing necklaces with glass beads, diaper, toddler and beach bags, and taggie toys and blankets. it's a lot of fun, and we'll branch out soon to make diaper cakes for baby showers, either disposables or prefolds. we're hoping it takes off.

the show was slow. we made the money back for our table, lunch, and receipt book though, so not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco_mama View Post
i just have to : at this statement.
glad i could make ya giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyL View Post
I'll post later, but here's a few quick pics from Gabriel's birthday this past Thursday:

Birthday cake

Birthday smile

Bath time!
oh my goodness! he looks like such a little boy! no baby face left on that one! wow.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
sehbub is offline  
#22 of 381 Old 06-03-2007, 09:12 AM
 
BundleFishMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philadelphia suburbs
Posts: 1,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Daddy passed away around 6:15 this morning.

Thank you guys for your prayers and support during the past couple of months.

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

BundleFishMama is offline  
#23 of 381 Old 06-03-2007, 09:21 AM
 
earthmama369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
My Daddy passed away around 6:15 this morning.

Thank you guys for your prayers and support during the past couple of months.




Wishing you and your family peace during this difficult time. It sounds like your father was loved very much.
earthmama369 is offline  
#24 of 381 Old 06-03-2007, 10:21 AM
 
sehbub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Back in the bush...
Posts: 10,497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
My Daddy passed away around 6:15 this morning.

Thank you guys for your prayers and support during the past couple of months.


Wishing you peace, mama.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
sehbub is offline  
#25 of 381 Old 06-03-2007, 10:53 AM
 
eco_mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 12,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
My Daddy passed away around 6:15 this morning.

Thank you guys for your prayers and support during the past couple of months.
Oh my. I'm so sorry for your loss, BFM. Peace be with you and your family.
eco_mama is offline  
#26 of 381 Old 06-03-2007, 10:54 AM
 
fireant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Turtle Bandits Unite (in MI!)
Posts: 9,239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so sorry for your loss.
fireant is offline  
#27 of 381 Old 06-03-2007, 12:10 PM
 
medicmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In the meadow.
Posts: 12,615
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
My Daddy passed away around 6:15 this morning.

Thank you guys for your prayers and support during the past couple of months.
I'm so sorry.

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
medicmama is offline  
#28 of 381 Old 06-03-2007, 12:35 PM
 
Paddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Happy ;-)
Posts: 13,910
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
It's not funny!! : Can I tell you how bad it is - I was SO anti-playpen, I always said I'd never use a playpen or crib or anything that (to me) resembles "baby jail" but I actually borrowed a playpen from a friend : because seriously, I can't even pee these days without him getting into something! We joke around here that there's babyproofing, and then there's Andrew-proofing, and they are two very different things! So I only use it rarely, and still feel like a bad AP mama for doing it, but honestly, he's perfectly happy for a few minutes with some toys in there, and I can cook or whatever without fear of imminent disaster!
Um, it is funny but as everything goes in the toilet if I leave a door open, I feel some of your pain! And yeah, that would be the reason so long ago I broke down and did the ecosaucer! But we haven't quite reverted to the playpen yet. Just lots of baby gates and everything is up on top of cabinets. At least the floor is clean (if you don't count the toys and the other junk the boys pull down while playing

We had a bad fall a week ago. Got to love siblings. C pushed J from behind and J hit the side of our bed, at the angle. He got a HUGE lump on his head and woke up the next morning with two black eyes and his entire upper face swollen. It has been horrible. I think we are going to have to push back his one year pics by a week to make sure there is no bruising when we take them.

J has 8 teeth, is fully walking, weighs about 21 lbs according to the dr who weighed him when we went in to get the bruise looked at.

I think we may go for a Clifford theme party. What are your party ideas? Special birthday presents? I still don't know what to get for my babe

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Paddington is offline  
#29 of 381 Old 06-03-2007, 12:53 PM
 
earthmama369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
I think we may go for a Clifford theme party. What are your party ideas? Special birthday presents? I still don't know what to get for my babe
NO idea on the party yet. I think I'm avoiding it because I don't want to see my FIL. You know how my SIL just had a baby? She's 14, baby's in NICU . . . stressful time x1000 for her. Well, "dear" FIL went drinking a few nights ago with the father of SIL's boyfriend (you know, my new nephew's other grandfather). Then he spouted off his racist mouth, and got in a FIST FIGHT with the guy. And then had the nerve to go visit SIL the next day and spend 2 hours screaming and swearing at her about falling in love with a Mexican. She was only 6 days post partum.

Jackass.

I come from a family where you don't disown family and you keep diagreements private and work them out fast. But then again, there isn't anyone like FIL in my family. Would it really be so wrong to cut contact? :

Now, presents. : I've got LOTS of cool ideas for presents for Bastian. I finally narrowed it down to three gifts. Well, basically three gifts. The first is an Under the Nile T-shirt that has a carrot on it and says "Planting a seed for our future."

http://www.underthenile.com/underthe...emDetail75.htm

The second is a little wooden push cart by Melissa & Doug with butterfly spinners on the handle and green alligators on the front that make noise when you push the cart.

http://www.fatbraintoys.com/toy_comp...r_push_toy.cfm

And the last is a set of three Usborne books: two board books (That's Not My Fairy and That's Not My Robot) and one cloth book (Baby Monsters).

:

Granted, I have it easy. I work in a baby boutique that specializes in organics, classic toys, and Fair Trade items, so everything was right there and I can get it with my employee discount. The hard part was narrowing down my choices!
earthmama369 is offline  
#30 of 381 Old 06-03-2007, 12:59 PM
 
The4OfUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 5,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
My Daddy passed away around 6:15 this morning.

Thank you guys for your prayers and support during the past couple of months.
Words are inadequate, BFM. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
The4OfUs is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off