baby cries when he has to pee??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-02-2003, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nak

My 4.5 mo ds cries when he has to pee. It only happens when he's been asleep. He'll wake up SCREAMING, and will continue to scream until he pees, and then he's fine as soon as the pee starts to come out. When he's awake, I have no idea about when he has to pee. Should I be worried? He has had a bit of a yeast rash on his penis, but it's not bad, just a little redness. Do you think he could be in pain? Could he have a bladder infection?

Thanks,

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2003, 09:30 PM

I am not a doctor... so I don't know if something could be wrong?
but I have been an EC'ing mama for a while (elimination communication) so I have been very in tune with my babe and when she has to pee and at the same age as your baby, she often would scream when she had to pee. She has sort of mellowed out now. Since I have been on the ec mama email list, I have heard of many many babies who cry when they need to pee. strange eh?

Baby's know when they have to go and they will tell you until they realize that you aren't listening.

He might just be telling you that he doesn't want to soil the nest?

just my opinion. there are so many opinions.

love to your crying babe and your efforts in helping him.
jenny
Old 07-02-2003, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by sabine
Baby's know when they have to go and they will tell you until they realize that you aren't listening.

He might just be telling you that he doesn't want to soil the nest?
Interesting! I've thought pretty much from the start that Jasper would prefer to be EC'd . . . he loves to be naked more than anything, and hates to have a wet diaper. Sometimes when he wakes up, I go to change him and his diaper is dry so I know he's about to go, and I'll hold him over the sink. He loves it! Alas. . . with twin babies I just can't imagine really being able to do EC. Instead I let the babes be naked as much as possible, and have invested in many waterproof pads that the boys lay around on. But the communication part isn't really happening--I still get peed on a few times a day!

Glad to hear people don't think the screaming is anything bad.

Thanks!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.

User Tag List