baby pool - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-05-2003, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a small baby pool in the back yard, and wonder what people's policies are in terms of
1-cleaning the pool out
2-what they let their baby wear in the pool
3- how careful they are about not getting pool water in their babies mouth

If it matters, KAthrynn is not vaccinated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2003, 12:04 AM

Let's see, I really don't clean our pool between uses. On occasion I have used a bit of white vinegar or soap to scrub it down. My ds didn't really start to use the pool till he turned 18months due to where his birthday lands in the calender year. He pretty much "swims" naked, in a bathing suit, or in fleece diaper cover. He is a regular kind of kid so I don't worry about him doing much more than peeing in the pool. I can't keep him from putting his mouth in the water: My dd is just 6 months, and she won't be doing much pool time till she is steady enough which may not be till after this pool season. HTH
Old 07-06-2003, 02:59 AM

Dd is 8 months old and loves to put her mouth (and sometimes most of her face it seems)in the water and drink it. She does it in the tub too. Silly girl! Anyway, I don't worry about it too much because I know she is not drinking alot of water.

I empty the pool out every evening, mostly because of the mosquitos. Then I lean it against something so it can air dry. I haven't needed to "wash" it yet. I rinse it out every morning before putting water in it for the day. I guess when I do wash it, I'll use some dish soap or something.

She wears a swim diaper.

HTH
Old 07-06-2003, 08:51 AM

DS is 8 mos old...loves the pool. I usually change it daily, using the water to water my plants. He swims nekked and I'm only a little jealous. two nights ago, I gave him a bath out there!
I am guessing if your pool is for your little one only, vaxing is not a concern....actually I don't think it is a concern in general.

User Tag List