We went swimming today! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-06-2003, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, I am one happy mama! We went swimming today, and I mean WE!

Dd hasn't taken a bath since she was 3 mo - I find it much easier and more enjoyable to shower with her instead - so I was worried about swimming this summer. I took her to a pond a couple of times before today, got her out of her clothes and diaper, into a swimming suit, took my shirt and shorts off, walked down to the water to dip her toes in, and SCREAM, SCREAM, SCREAM. I was thinking that I really did it - try to get her used to having water on her face in the shower so we'd have an easier time later, and what do I do, make immersion in water a foreign, frightening affair.

Well, the water must have been too cold at that pond, because this evening we went to another lake, and I walked right in with her - not a peep. In fact, lots of giggles and sounds of glee. The water was so warm, the sensation of wet was almost as great as the sensation of cool. She finally got so into it that she refused to let me hold her on my hip, and wanted to swim instead. She kicked and splashed, and even dipped her face in. We got out, dried off, changed, had a snack, and then she started whining to go back in, so we had a second swim!

I can't tell you how much fun we had. I was just bursting watching her enjoy herself - I almost cried, she was so cute and happy and taking in life to its fullest. Oh what a joy it is to be a mama!
#2 of 3 Old 07-07-2003, 11:28 PM

Swimming with my kids is one of my favorite things. Water seems to be such a cool thing to them. It makes me smile. I'm glad you had so much fun.
#3 of 3 Old 07-08-2003, 12:34 AM

Sounds like you've got quite the waterbaby there!

Check out my website link below for pix of Evan at the waterpark....he wasn't too sure about it at first but as the water warmed up so did he!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page